Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Superman vs Goku: Who would win??

13435373940100

Posts

  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    superman hates tenements

    At least he doesn't hate beards like that poofaced Solar, and that one guy. You know that guy...
    Spoiler:

    Now cans

    those are something we should all hate.

    Their vile cylindrical bodies make me so angry.
    Spoiler:

    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Superman isn't mad, Spider-man, he's just disappointed.

  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    On the subject of super-transportation I posit that teleportation is the superior mode of movement.

    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Why would you do that

    xmassig2.gif
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    On the subject of super-transportation I posit that teleportation is the superior mode of movement.

    i posit that you're wrong

    4si81Yt.png
    http://comicschat.tumblr.com/ - Buttlord Chats about Comics
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Teleportation is cool sometimes

    like when Nightcrawler does it

    or Terminators

  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Because its super cool.

    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Because its super cool.

    Maybe if you're a super fool.

  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    i'd take teleportation as a super power

    think of the time + money you could save on travel!

  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Everyone and their dog flies, and if you've got super strength (and everyone does) you can just bound around. But teleporting? That shit is exclusive.

    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • AntimatterAntimatter Registered User regular
    shapeshifting is really the only power i'd want
    Spoiler:

  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    i'd take teleportation as a super power

    think of the time + money you could save on travel!

    But you'd have to factor in the time and energy spent researching locations to ensure you don't vworp into a wall, or wind up hideously merged with a tree!

    Not to mention the chaos factor that comes in when you consider people.

  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Super-speed is the best power

    I mean, we all know that The Flash is cool as hell

  • BugBoyBugBoy I like big bugs and I cannot lieRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    shapeshifting is really the only power i'd want
    Spoiler:

    what kind of crazy shapeshifting are you talking about here

    that's crazy shapeshifting

    and regular shapeshifting screws with mass conservation so you know crazy shapeshifting is really crazy

    You see lots of things, out there in the swamp at night. Some of them might even be real. But the Bugboy? That's just plain impossible.
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Martian Manhunter has the best crazy shapeshifting

    except for the weak to fire bit

    nobody wants to be defeated by a dude with a zippo lighter

  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Martian Manhunter has the best crazy shapeshifting

    except for the weak to fire bit

    nobody wants to be defeated by a dude with a zippo lighter

    or the whole going fucking insane listening to people's thoughts thing....

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Volcaregular Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    shapeshifting is really the only power i'd want
    Spoiler:

    what kind of crazy shapeshifting are you talking about here

    that's crazy shapeshifting

    and regular shapeshifting screws with mass conservation so you know crazy shapeshifting is really crazy
    Envy gets denser when
    Spoiler:
    shapeshifts.

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    Oh man a reason to post this

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Martian Manhunter has the best crazy shapeshifting

    except for the weak to fire bit

    nobody wants to be defeated by a dude with a zippo lighter

    or the whole going fucking insane listening to people's thoughts thing....

    Oh yeah that too

    though generally he is okay with that, and when he does whig out it is nothing too serious

    remember when Martian Manhunter lost his immunity to fire and went batshit though?

    Beat the fuck out of the Justice League and launched all the nukes in the world

    Only stopped when Plastic Man punched him across an entire city, and the Justice League dropped a tidal wave on his face so they could release regular J'onn to take him down

    Man I love that arc

    Solar on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Martian Manhunter has the best crazy shapeshifting

    except for the weak to fire bit

    nobody wants to be defeated by a dude with a zippo lighter

    or the whole going fucking insane listening to people's thoughts thing....

    Or the crippling addiction to Oreos Chocos.

  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Am I remembering wrong, or did Martian Manhunter once use his powers to impersonate the entire JLA (who were trapped on another world or something) at the same time?

    It's bizarre that J'onn jobs so much seeing as he's almost as powerful as Superman but also gets telepathy, shape-shifting, invisibility, and intangibility. He literally is an entire superhero team in one guy.

    ae26.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Am I remembering wrong, or did Martian Manhunter once use his powers to impersonate the entire JLA (who were trapped on another world or something) at the same time?

    It's bizarre that J'onn jobs so much seeing as he's almost as powerful as Superman but also gets telepathy, shape-shifting, invisibility, and intangibility. He literally is an entire superhero team in one guy.

    Well like I said

    in Trial By Fire he cuts loose and fucking owns the entire league at once

  • JoolanderJoolander It's like Christmas But with more ... ME!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Oh man a reason to post this


    what is this from?

    1JM7Sqi.jpg
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Oh man a reason to post this


    what is this from?

    New Frontier

  • BugBoyBugBoy I like big bugs and I cannot lieRegistered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    shapeshifting is really the only power i'd want
    Spoiler:

    what kind of crazy shapeshifting are you talking about here

    that's crazy shapeshifting

    and regular shapeshifting screws with mass conservation so you know crazy shapeshifting is really crazy
    Envy gets denser when
    Spoiler:
    shapeshifts.

    are we talking about fullmetal alchemist envy?

    he can do that because he's powered by a thing that explicitly allows you to screw with the laws of physics

    or

    or something

    what am I even talking about right now

    You see lots of things, out there in the swamp at night. Some of them might even be real. But the Bugboy? That's just plain impossible.
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Lars wrote: »
    Am I remembering wrong, or did Martian Manhunter once use his powers to impersonate the entire JLA (who were trapped on another world or something) at the same time?

    It's bizarre that J'onn jobs so much seeing as he's almost as powerful as Superman but also gets telepathy, shape-shifting, invisibility, and intangibility. He literally is an entire superhero team in one guy.

    Well like I said

    in Trial By Fire he cuts loose and fucking owns the entire league at once

    Yeah, I remember the Fernus thing, I'm just trying to remember when he stood in for the entire league at once.

    It wasn't JL:Classified, because when they went missing then Batman replaced them with his robot duplicates of them that he keeps in his Batcave on Pluto.
    Spoiler:

    ae26.jpg
  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    i'd take teleportation as a super power

    think of the time + money you could save on travel!

    But you'd have to factor in the time and energy spent researching locations to ensure you don't vworp into a wall, or wind up hideously merged with a tree!

    Not to mention the chaos factor that comes in when you consider people.
    just gotta get some live footage of a place and go there

    maybe a skycam and go to the top of a building so increase the odds of not teleporting into someone

    plus i will assume there are different types of teleportation other than nightcrawler's

  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Solar wrote: »
    Of course the real test is whether whoever person you are talking about at the time could beat the Silver Surfer

    because generally the answer is "fuck no"

    Reed Richards totally could.

    Remember issue 55? It's Ben and Norin Radd beating the shit out of each other for 22 pages.

    The end of the comic is Reed going up to Ben and telling him to apologize, or Reed'll show him what clobbering really means.


    Issue 63 has him fight BLASTARR, THE LIVING BOMB BURST!

    For the past 2 issues, he's been built up as a big deal. Ruler of the negative zone. Taking on two superstrong guys without breaking a sweat.

    When Richards gets there?

    One punch.

    Also, Madrox totally has the best superpower for day to day use.

    chiasaur11 on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Of course the real test is whether whoever person you are talking about at the time could beat the Silver Surfer

    because generally the answer is "fuck no"

    Reed Richards totally could.

    Remember issue 55? It's Ben and Norin Radd beating the shit out of each other for 22 pages.

    The end of the comic is Reed going up to Ben and telling him to apologize, or Reed'll show him what clobbering really means.


    Issue 63 has him fight BLASTARR, THE LIVING BOMB BURST!

    For the past 2 issues, he's been built up as a big deal. Ruler of the negative zone. Taking on two superstrong guys without breaking a sweat.

    When Richards gets there?

    One punch.

    Is that the issue where he gives a long soliloquy about man's wasting of this paradise called Earth?

  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    I really dig the kind of shape-shifti
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Of course the real test is whether whoever person you are talking about at the time could beat the Silver Surfer

    because generally the answer is "fuck no"

    Reed Richards totally could.

    Remember issue 55? It's Ben and Norin Radd beating the shit out of each other for 22 pages.

    The end of the comic is Reed going up to Ben and telling him to apologize, or Reed'll show him what clobbering really means.


    Issue 63 has him fight BLASTARR, THE LIVING BOMB BURST!

    For the past 2 issues, he's been built up as a big deal. Ruler of the negative zone. Taking on two superstrong guys without breaking a sweat.

    When Richards gets there?

    One punch.

    Wait, Reed is crazy strong? I thought he was just a stretchy genius. Hrm.

    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    shapeshifting is really the only power i'd want
    Spoiler:

    what kind of crazy shapeshifting are you talking about here

    that's crazy shapeshifting

    and regular shapeshifting screws with mass conservation so you know crazy shapeshifting is really crazy
    Envy gets denser when
    Spoiler:
    shapeshifts.

    are we talking about fullmetal alchemist envy?

    he can do that because he's powered by a thing that explicitly allows you to screw with the laws of physics

    or

    or something

    what am I even talking about right now

    Besides, he only gets more or less dense, he doesn't actually gain/lose mass.

    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    I really dig the kind of shape-shifti
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Of course the real test is whether whoever person you are talking about at the time could beat the Silver Surfer

    because generally the answer is "fuck no"

    Reed Richards totally could.

    Remember issue 55? It's Ben and Norin Radd beating the shit out of each other for 22 pages.

    The end of the comic is Reed going up to Ben and telling him to apologize, or Reed'll show him what clobbering really means.


    Issue 63 has him fight BLASTARR, THE LIVING BOMB BURST!

    For the past 2 issues, he's been built up as a big deal. Ruler of the negative zone. Taking on two superstrong guys without breaking a sweat.

    When Richards gets there?

    One punch.

    Wait, Reed is crazy strong? I thought he was just a stretchy genius. Hrm.

    He's unusually good at punching thanks to the stretching thing letting him manipulate his muscles, but no.

    The reason there was SCIENCE. Reed set Blastarr up with science, finished him off with punching.

    He used the stretching to beat Godzilla.

  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    i want the Hero Dial from Dial H

    speaking of which the china mieville comic starts next week

    ownage

    4si81Yt.png
    http://comicschat.tumblr.com/ - Buttlord Chats about Comics
  • AntimatterAntimatter Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    i want the Hero Dial from Dial H

    speaking of which the china mieville comic starts next week

    ownage

    Dial H, awesome

    H.E.R.O. was horrible

    the china mieville thing looks too horrifying

  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    i want the Hero Dial from Dial H

    speaking of which the china mieville comic starts next week

    ownage

    That comic confounds me

    It looks and sounds like someone found it in a time capsule

    Buried underneath the Vertigo offices back in 1989

    I mean, it looks really interesting, but god

    If you were tell me a British fantasy author was doing a dark fairytale reboot of fucking Dial H for Hero

  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »
    i want the Hero Dial from Dial H

    speaking of which the china mieville comic starts next week

    ownage

    That comic confounds me

    It looks and sounds like someone found it in a time capsule

    Buried underneath the Vertigo offices back in 1989

    I mean, it looks really interesting, but god

    If you were tell me a British fantasy author was doing a dark fairytale reboot of fucking Dial H for Hero

    china mieville wants to do one book in as many genres as possible

    and he could do it

    man wrote a kids' version of moby dick with trains and giant moles

    and King Rat is one of my fave Urban Fantasy things

    wanna see what he does with Dial H

    4si81Yt.png
    http://comicschat.tumblr.com/ - Buttlord Chats about Comics
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    shapeshifting is really the only power i'd want
    Spoiler:

    what kind of crazy shapeshifting are you talking about here

    that's crazy shapeshifting

    and regular shapeshifting screws with mass conservation so you know crazy shapeshifting is really crazy
    Envy gets denser when
    Spoiler:
    shapeshifts.

    are we talking about fullmetal alchemist envy?

    he can do that because he's powered by a thing that explicitly allows you to screw with the laws of physics

    or

    or something

    what am I even talking about right now

    Besides, he only gets more or less dense, he doesn't actually gain/lose mass.

    uh

    no

    as a result of increased density he gains mass

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    shapeshifting is really the only power i'd want
    Spoiler:

    what kind of crazy shapeshifting are you talking about here

    that's crazy shapeshifting

    and regular shapeshifting screws with mass conservation so you know crazy shapeshifting is really crazy
    Envy gets denser when
    Spoiler:
    shapeshifts.

    are we talking about fullmetal alchemist envy?

    he can do that because he's powered by a thing that explicitly allows you to screw with the laws of physics

    or

    or something

    what am I even talking about right now

    Besides, he only gets more or less dense, he doesn't actually gain/lose mass.

    uh

    no

    as a result of increased density he gains mass

    Well specifically in the show he's shown to be incredibly heavy in his human size, on account of being really dense when he's that small, on account of it later turns out his regular size is fucking enormous.

    I may be misremembering that.

    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
This discussion has been closed.