As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

• ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    Lancel is much more of a loud-mouth and much less of an oblivious simpleton in the show. I mean, he's still dumb as hell, but my impression of him in the books was much more of a 'listen to everyone smarter than him scheme and banter' and having no idea what the hell is going on

I believe that scene where he tries to dick wave at Tyrion was in the books though. It's pretty much the only time he tries to actually do anything until the whole BOOK 3/4 STUFF
    religious order starts

Yeah, that scene with Lancel and Tyrion is pulled damn near verbatim from the book.

I think they've done a perfect job so far with Lancel, he's some dumb little shit who is in waaaaay over his head but thinks he rocks just because he's a Lannister. And honestly, the kind of crap he gets himself involved in...
    It's no wonder he eventually snaps.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    what honestly baffled me last night was why the fuck she didn't just pop her dragons out of the baskets?

I mean... what the fuck bitch? Show them off. Gain power. Stop being a spoiled little twat.

I did think that scene was a bit awkward, but Dany's reasoning seemed pretty obvious. She didn't want to show how small and weak her dragons were. Because then Qarth could easily just murder her and take them. So she needed to bluff her way in and talk about how badass she is

granted

but her choice was possible death by them, or certain death in the desert.

also, how does bringing herself and her dragons inside the city make them particularly safe?

doesn't that just make them easier to spy on and steal from/murder?

also, I love Tyrion

just everything he does

love it

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    what honestly baffled me last night was why the fuck she didn't just pop her dragons out of the baskets?

I mean... what the fuck bitch? Show them off. Gain power. Stop being a spoiled little twat.

I did think that scene was a bit awkward, but Dany's reasoning seemed pretty obvious. She didn't want to show how small and weak her dragons were. Because then Qarth could easily just murder her and take them. So she needed to bluff her way in and talk about how badass she is

granted

but her choice was possible death by them, or certain death in the desert.

also, how does bringing herself and her dragons inside the city make them particularly safe?

doesn't that just make them easier to spy on and steal from/murder?

also, I love Tyrion

just everything he does

love it

Desperation. They're starving in to death in the desert. Being inside Qarth, at the very least, guarantees they won't just die out there.

sig.gif
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    Squall wrote: »
    Ros is a character made for the show, and it's apparent

maybe they have something planned for her...

Immune To Fate (Warning, TV Tropes)

is this site intentionally designed to make it super difficult to parse any information from it?

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• pookapooka Registered User regular

Ros is, I believe, the only recurring character to not be in the books. So while everyone else is bound by fate, she has the power to do anything.

If Grrrr Martin doesn't finish the series before the books catch up, HBO has promised him that Ros will become the star of the final seasons, uniting the seven kingdoms behind that cute smile and rude boobies. There will be an entire season where she plays her own version of the game, and much sexposition will be had by all.

yes, yes, sure

but AAHZ!!! :D:D

lfchwLd.jpg
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »

is this site intentionally designed to make it super difficult to parse any information from it?

There is no information in it.

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Darian wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I don't, my roommate does.

Ask your roommate to press the "on demand" button on his remote, then look for the section with HBO (on mine, all the premium channels are together in one category). They aren't reairing episodes from the previous week(s), as best I could tell from their website.

More like he's not here since we're moving and he left it behind and I have to try to figure out the system he left here until it's disconnected soon, but hey. I'll try and figure it out. :P

they usually show the previous week's episode before the new episode

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular

if you're having trouble Deciphering the Information might i suggest you try being Hella Smug and Enormously Pretentious

We better have some squid action this week. Last week had a serious lack of squid, and that made me a sad squid.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Not sure if anyone has seen this yet but someone created beer labels for the different houses, heres the link from Drunken Moogle:
    http://www.thedrunkenmoogle.com/post/21849030157/ianbrooks-a-song-of-hops-and-barley-by

tumblr_m2pvykIPYP1qzamioo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m2pvykIPYP1qzamioo3_1280.jpg

Shirts, Stickers and some others not included in the Drunken Moogle post are included here:
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/satansbrand

Triiipledot on
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    I would totally buy a Lannister Gold hoodie

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Two more episodes until my gf sees Baelor. Yeah, slow going, I know.

But hilarious to watch her cheer as Viserys gets crowned.

• HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    DWD spoiler
    Is it bad that I actually feel sorry for that arsehole Theon? Cos, flaying is some nasty shit.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    DWD spoiler
    Is it bad that I actually feel sorry for that arsehole Theon? Cos, flaying is some nasty shit.

It is never bad to feel sorry for the best character in the entire series. Never.

jkZziGc.png
  • HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    DWD spoiler

It is never bad to feel sorry for the best character in the entire series. Never.

FCS1s.jpg

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    DWD spoiler

FCS1s.jpg

Heh. How quaint.

jkZziGc.png
    DWD spoiler

FCS1s.jpg

Heh. How quaint.

You say this to a
    training member of the House of Black and White?

slowclap.gif

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

<-- best character in the entire series

crowned

king

b.i.t.c.h.e.s.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    To be fair though, you're a pretty gross dude automatically.
    What with the incest and all.

Icky!

in our family we call it

wincest

You are aware that most people don't have webbed feet, right Joffers?

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    sorry, but the best character is sandor clegane

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    That's a funny way of spelling Jaime

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Victarion is the most metal character. If we can agree on that, y'all can think whatever else you want to.

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    sorry but the best character is Aero Hotah

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I don't know how you are all so confused as to think that the best character is anyone other than Wyman Manderly.

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Victorian is great to read, but he'd be a real douche to actually encounter in real life.

really though

theon

books 2+
    worst at everything

worse than cersei

Uh, I'm pretty sure the best character is Syrio Forel.

AKA
    The Prince That Was Promised.

HTH!

:rotate:

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Uh-huh. Right. No it's Tyrion.

sig.gif
    well Tyrion's a given

when people talk about the best character, they implicitly mean the best after Tyrion

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    well Tyrion's a given

when people talk about the best character, they implicitly mean the best after Tyrion

As long as you're not counting Jaime and Arya and Jon, then sure.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I would love to see a game of cyvasse between Tyrion and Wyman Manderly.

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    I'd love a game of cyvasse, got a board?

edited April 2012
    hmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah, I'd probably watch an episode if someone put it on youtube.

I guess slightly NSFW? Nothing's showing though.

http://jennyandteets.tumblr.com/post/8502256242/game-of-thrones-w-dogs

Fyndir on
  • GalyGaly Registered User regular
    There's uhhhh

There's a naked dude at the end of that link.

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    DWD spoiler

It is bad, however, to have the worst opinions imaginable.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    It goes like this:

Ned
    Tyrion
    Jon
    Arya
    the rest