As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - The Rising Tide

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited April 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Fun for all the family!
    D:

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Gabe's head is pretty massive in the first panel, I can't not notice it.

Also I don't think I'd ever take my children to a public pool because of this crap pee.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    your child spends a good majority of the day in various amounts of pee.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    Well, there's your problem right there. Your kid sprung a leak.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Man gabe has some long broom sticks for legs

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    First appearance of Ronia in the comic?

• Options
    Billy ChenowithBilly Chenowith Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    your child spends a good majority of the day in various amounts of pee...

..at Bwanie's Daycare Services?

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    It seems like it has been a really long time since Mike and Jerry have done a special setting strip. I enjoy the regular fare as much as the next guy, but how long has it been since we've had a Twisp and Catsby, Cardboard Tube Samurai, Lookouts, Automata, Jim Darkmagic or any other setting other than normal?

Maybe its because I'm still single and do not have any kids, but I have a hard time relating to the kid joke strips, which seem to be appearing with more and more regularity.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    South Park did a great episode on this.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Having spent hours recently at a Great Wolf Lodge in the 12" kiddie area pool, I share the horror of this comic.

IF (and I say IF) a child is even wearing a diaper or swimmer, they soak up pretty much just water, and all that pee is just going to leak out around the edges.. They pretty much just help in terms of poop, which is good.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Yeah, kids wear swim diapers to catch the poo...the rest has to get taken care of by chlorine.

There is ALOT of chlorine in kiddie pools. If you ever remember being a kid and your eyes stinging like crazy when you tried to open them underwater, and then as an adult you tried it and were like..."hey, that's not so bad!", this is why. Chlorine is your friend.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    First appearance of Ronia in the comic?

Also the first of Mike's younger son, I think.

Oh wait, no, the breast feeding comic.

• Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Dang those are some cute kids. Also, Tycho not in his motorcycle helmet getup? Poor thing is going to incinerate.

• Options
    JayeEmmJayeEmm New HampShireRegistered User regular
    I'm curious what the un-blurring of the backround would look like.
    Possibly because I'm trying to ignore the pee ocean.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Aurich wrote: »
    Dang those are some cute kids. Also, Tycho not in his motorcycle helmet getup? Poor thing is going to incinerate.

The Great Wolf Lodge is an indoor water park.

• Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    It seems like it has been a really long time since Mike and Jerry have done a special setting strip. I enjoy the regular fare as much as the next guy, but how long has it been since we've had a Twisp and Catsby, Cardboard Tube Samurai, Lookouts, Automata, Jim Darkmagic or any other setting other than normal?

Maybe its because I'm still single and do not have any kids, but I have a hard time relating to the kid joke strips, which seem to be appearing with more and more regularity.

It's more about pee than kids, which is the universal bathroom joke material.

• Options
    Billy ChenowithBilly Chenowith Registered User regular
    JayeEmm wrote: »
    I'm curious what the un-blurring of the backround would look like.
    Possibly because I'm trying to ignore the pee ocean.
    Umbrellas and people in bathing suits, maybe?

• Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    Soooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! ^_^

"That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • Options
    InitiativeInitiative Registered User new member
    This made me shutter with an audible moan of terror.

• Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    There has been insufficient commentary about this little gem:
    He did tell me some stories about the kiddie pool though, specifically its ratios, that might give a father pause. I have a full-body latex sheath I purchased for another purpose which might come in handy.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    There has been insufficient commentary about this little gem:
    He did tell me some stories about the kiddie pool though, specifically its ratios, that might give a father pause. I have a full-body latex sheath I purchased for another purpose which might come in handy.

He bought it to help monetize their core demo.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    dkendken Level Design Police The Endless CabalRegistered User new member
    You know, I think you guys missed a wonderful opportunity for a strip title.

'The Golden Ratio'

STOP! Those trees do not go with that grass texture.
  • Options
    GotrGotr Ms. St Louis, MORegistered User regular
    Gabriel the character has a son. Mike the real person named his real son after said character. So what is the name of this character's son? Gabriel Jr? Or is it Michael, to bring the cycle full circle? Mike's son has appeared in the strip a couple times at this point, though I think Ronia has just made her debut. Either way, Gabe, Ronia, and the littler ones are going to become characters in the strip proper at some point, I can only imagine, and Gabe is the only person whose character's name isn't obvious.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/spoiler]
  • Options
    Svenne345Svenne345 Treasure Hider Registered User regular
    The color... I assumed maybe it was chlorine... I was so wrong...

Svenne345.jpg
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Gotr wrote: »
    Gabriel the character has a son. Mike the real person named his real son after said character. So what is the name of this character's son? Gabriel Jr? Or is it Michael, to bring the cycle full circle?

So shall it be written. So shall it be done.