As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STALKER 2 is dead

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Rofflor wrote:
    Waldo wrote:
    I think the word "zone" was used in Roadside Picnic and the Tarkovsky film adapted from it (Stalker), which both came out before the Chernobyl incident in 1986, so it seems unlikely that it is in reference to the exclusion zone. At least, not solely referencing that.

Yeah the Tarkovsky-film is what I have always thought of.
    If you actually sit trough the shitty black& white beginning, it is a fascinating film too!

Shitty black and white beginning..?

Get out of here, STALKER!

Drake on
  • BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    big l wrote:
    Daemonion wrote:
    I'm not sure what I'm allowed to spill, but yours truly is working on some pretty neat audio stuff for the next versions of LURK :)

I'll post some samples here when I've got things up and running.

Make every character say "Get out of here, Stalker!" all the time.

Wasn't that one of the older builds where ALL the snorks did that and it was terrifying.

Also i'm replaying CoP in memory, with SMRTER on. Cos i just want to die.

Alot

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • First16First16 Registered User regular
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 R.I.P :(
    But maybe 4A Games (ukrainian company... Metro 2033) will buy all rights for Stalker 2?

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    When I found about about this, I instantly went and bought the SoC/CoP bundle on Steam.
    And then mentally cursed myself for not waiting for the holiday sale.

• ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    Okay I just bought CoP on the Steam sale, but I can't play it. When I open it from Steam it comes up with the splash logo and then says "X-Ray Engine 1.6 has stopped working." I tried to google but the "remedies" were all over the freaking place. Any help? I'm running a 64-bit Windows 7 machine with an ATI Radeon 6770m (mobile) card.

• TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    Yes, but I believe if you talk to a Russian and just say "the Zone," they'll think you're referring to the gulag, not Chernobyl or anything related to it.

If you came up to me and said "The Zone" I'd think you were talking about Stardust Speedway.

So is stalker 2 still cancelled or...?

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    ATM yes.

joshgotro wrote:
    ATM yes.

I played through both SoC and CoP and every time I see this thread, it makes me want to replay CoP.

:(

We all weep.

• MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    Looks like Stalker 2 is still being developed?

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    The zone is unpredictable. Things that you would think should have died may yet survive in unanticipated ways.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    MrDelish wrote:
    Looks like Stalker 2 is still being developed?

God damnit GSC, stop tugging on my heart strings!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    "The Stalker team is extremely happy! Why? Because we are continuing work on Stalker 2 after the holidays."
    http://www.facebook.com/officialstalker

at least I think that is the official stalker facebook

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    That is awesome news if true

steam_sig.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote:
    "The Stalker team is extremely happy! Why? Because we are continuing work on Stalker 2 after the holidays."

So, the thread needs a title update to "Stalker 2 is Undead," or perhaps "Stalker 2 is Cthulhu"?

Best news of the day.

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I don't even know what the heck's going on with this game anymore.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I told you all it was fine.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    STALKER 2 will be released with Half-Life 2 Episode 3 right as the world ends in 2012.

• StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I don't have an emote, image macro, or youtube link to properly express how I'm feeling right now - although this general-purpose image is close enough. I mean if they come up with a release date and it's a few months from now, this will be a scene-for-scene reproduction of when GOG disappeared only to reappear with Planescape: Torment.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    STALKER 2 will be released with Half-Life 2 Episode 3 right as the world ends in 2012.

I'm still waiting for the real Duke Nukem Forever too, because that thing that came out last summer doesn't cut it.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote:
    Ratsult2 wrote:

So, the thread needs a title update to "Stalker 2 is Undead," or perhaps "Stalker 2 is Cthulhu"?

STALKER: Cthulhu would be the scariest fucking game ever. Make it happen GSC.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Blendtec wrote:

I'm still waiting for the real Duke Nukem Forever too, because that thing that came out last summer doesn't cut it.
    I'm with Jeff Gerstmann in that an actual Duke Nukem Forever has to end with Duke hanging himself because he doesn't fit anymore. I want Duke Nukem Solid Forever, basically.

"That one guy said that war never changes, but that other guy that said that war has changed is right. It's no longer about chicks or kicking alien ass or flushing toilets. It's just a bunch of chest-high soldier dudes hiding behind chest-high walls and earning chest-high perks. You know what I know about chests? Chicks need to shake it.

This is my final mission, baby."

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Monger wrote:
    Blendtec wrote:

I'm with Jeff Gerstmann in that an actual Duke Nukem Forever has to end with Duke hanging himself because he doesn't fit anymore. I want Duke Nukem Solid Forever, basically.

"That one guy said that war never changes, but that other guy that said that war has changed is right. It's no longer about chicks or kicking alien ass or flushing toilets. It's just a bunch of chest-high soldier dudes hiding behind chest-high walls and earning chest-high perks. You know what I know about chests? Chicks need to shake it.

GOTY.

• striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I missed that they worked it out and are back to work:) Excellent! Stalker was one of my most memorable gaming experiences ever. Really glad to know 2 is still on track for a eventual release ( and they better not reverse again;) ). Thanks for bumping so I caught the news Zxerol:)

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Monger wrote:
    Blendtec wrote:

It'll be an accidental hanging due to auto-erotic asphyxiation, though.

forumsig.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Wishful thinking: they should license Avalanche 2 for STALKER 2. It's an awesome game engine.

Makes you think of the Zone, eh

• BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Haha, yeah, I saw that preview while seeing a movie with my friend the other night. I was like "HEY THAT REMINDS ME OF STALKER" and he was like "What are you talking about" and that was that.

Are you the magic man?
    That's not a stalker movie. Thanks.

Time to reinstall.

• BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I know it's not a Stalker movie, but god damn if I didn't WISH it was!

Maybe if I squint a little after a few sips of vodka it will be just as good as.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    It's dead

http://www.vostokgames.com/en/page/about-us

For all those asking about kickstarter and funding etc. That is not the issue. We secured new investors. We were however unable to secure the IP rights from the owwer to continue with the Stalker franchise.

https://www.facebook.com/officialstalker

steam_sig.png
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Well, time to start drinking.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Cockmongers.

I am now very, very pissed at whoever holds that IP.

• AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    BigDes wrote: »
    It's dead

For all those asking about kickstarter and funding etc. That is not the issue. We secured new investors. We were however unable to secure the IP rights from the owwer to continue with the Stalker franchise.

Shit, this is unfortunate. RPS has a link to a dev diary. Somewhat disappointed that their new project is an MMOFPS. I'd be all for a new STALKER-like game with a different backstory/IP. Metro 2033 had some aspects that made me dislike it as a game, but a change of post-apocalyptic setting was not one of those.

Achire on
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    It's been a topsy turvy, glorious run. :(

I'm looking forward to seeing what's next.

sadface.

BigDes wrote: »
    It's dead

Fuck you BigDes

yes I'm shooting the messenger

• The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to come up with some witty Stalker quote to describe how sad this is, but I give up. Here's some of the guitar songs from SoC instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQ0Cl3wBa0

3DS - 2878-9572-9277