As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 04/25/12 - The boy who killed America.

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Graphic Violence
Ultimate Comics Ultimates #9 almost picked Zorn taking off his mask as a MOTW, but man this was a jampacked issue.
qt6pp.jpg
cKWEJ.jpg
OcXNN.jpg

FF #17 "The Room Mate Experiment" has a final night before it ends (also possible Johnny/MJ thing happening).
EhzV5.jpg
R6Bo1.jpg
Vf2eI.jpg

The final straw for Peter though was this.
RC70R.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Holy Fucking Shit Robots in Disguise #4
    Prowl executed Bombshell, who mind controlled some 'cons, and the five remaining Constructicons, reactivating their defective Inhibitor/Deterrence chips, because he believed there's a Decepticon conspiracy. Prowl's ignoring Bumblebee and his plans to unite Cybertron; as far as he's concerned, Cybertron belongs to the Autobots.

Prowl has lost it

Antimatter on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Ultimates: Holy. Shit.

edited April 2012
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #4
    Prowl executed Bombshell, who mind controlled some 'cons, and he killed the five remaining Constructicons, reactivating their defective Inhibitor/Deterrence chips, because he believed there's a Decepticon conspiracy. He's ignoring Bumblebee's attempts to reunite Cybertron and its residents; as far as he's concerned, Cybertron belongs to the Autobots.

Prowl has lost it.

Antimatter on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #4
    Prowl executed Bombshell, who mind controlled some 'cons, and he killed the five remaining Constructicons, reactivating their defective Inhibitor/Deterrence chips, because he believed there's a Decepticon conspiracy. He's ignoring Bumblebee's attempts to reunite Cybertron and its residents; as far as he's concerned, Cybertron belongs to the Autobots.

Prowl has lost it.

So awesome it was worth peeking at dat spoiler! Can't wait for work to end.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    How about some pictures! Transformers: Robots in Disguise #4, Prowl is a better Punisher than Punisher:

corel078.jpg

corel079.jpg

corel080.jpg

Popeye #1 reads exactly like the old cartoons, and it makes me remember a simpler time:

corel081-Copy.jpg

corel081.jpg

corel082.jpg

corel083.jpg

thanks for the pics texi! :D no scanner over here

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    That Popeye comic looks amazing. What company publishes it? Archie?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    IDW, four issue mini series starting today, and it's on comixology too.

Everyone loves Popeye cartoons, it's paced the exact same way, you can include the stammering in your head while you read!

• hamdingershamdingers Registered User regular
    Bluto's henchman looks like a roided Popeye.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    What happened to Spike?

• CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    He got into a game of volleyball with the bots and said "spike this" which they took too literal and well that was that.
    I want to know what happened to Spike too.

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    AvX vs #1 was exactly what I signed up for when they announced AvX. The marquee variant is the icing.

Although, New Avengers #25 has the best AvX story so far. And the best cover.

@Kyougu @Cade
    under Mike Costa's tenure, Prowl was no longer cold and calculating. He was emotional and risked his life to save a Decepticon from Skywatch (see below). Apparently he did this because he saw humans kill Decepticons and not care about factions, and that there were only 10,000 cybertronians left, and that it'd be worth it to save who he could.

Spike Witwicky, in IDW, was a soldier

he lost friends during all hail megatron thanks to Devastator, and after that period the military wanted to fight all Cybertronians

Skywatch, a branch of the government that used to capture cybertronians and fight them, built enormous Transformer sized mech suits for its soldiers

eventually, there was a secret alliance with the Autobots after some struggles, including the president's insistence that any nation who allied with Cybertronians were criminals or something.

however, Spike still didn't trust a single Transformer. He went behind his superiors' backs (something he apparently did often) to hunt down and kill Scrapper, one of the Constructicons, so that Devastator couldn't be formed again. Scrapper was an unarmed combatant who surrendered, and Spike executed him by somehow pinning him down with just some small steel beams, blinding him with acid (apparently only a household grade acid), and then shooting Scrapper in the head with his own gun.

(which, as an aside, didn't work. the Decepticons just took his dead body and formed it into a crippled leg later on.)

and then it was revealed that Spike made a deal with Swindle to get the technology for the Skywatch mech suits. After a lot of various nonsense, Spike Witwicky became an an international fugitive after the Autobots revealed to Skywatch and the news media that he made a deal with a Decepticon, almost all the Transformers left for Cybertron, either on their own or captured by the Autobots, and Spike is still currently on the run as far as I know.

basically, after seeing Spike do bad things, work with bad guys, etc, Prowl went back to his cold and calculating outlook. the fact that it turns out there's way more than 10,000 cybertronians after all helps.

The only guy who might still be on Earth is Thundercracker, who abandoned the Decepticons because they abandoned old their values. He isn't Autobot or Decepticon, and while this could've been a good twist under a competent writer, Costa claimed that he observed that humans actually changed mentally and emotionally, unlike Transformers. when, in fact, they do, but on a scale not observable by organics. it's like saying mountains don't change physically.

edited April 2012
    Just finished reading Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye issue #4, and I am blown (let me finish) away by the story and the complexity they are introducing.

Acree creeps me the fuck out. Going from Transformers: The Movie to this is D:

Caveman Paws on
    I am really impressed by both MTMTE and RID

in RID, there's tons of crazy cybertronian politics stuff, the planet itself trying to kill them, and Bumblebee trying to unite the Autobots, Decepticons, and non-aligned guys alike, and meanwhile Prowl and Arcee are following their own agendas

and yeah, Arcee is fucking terrifying

You should read the issue that this version of Arcee debuted in, if you believe any of this is something you'd be 0_o big time.

edited April 2012
    Trust me

fully aware of her origins

Jhiaxus, the mad cybertronian scientist, wanted to force evolution on the cybertronian race. besides creating the micromasters, he wanted to introduce gender to the race, and Arcee was his first test subject. before her, there weren't "her" or "she" or etc pronouns in their language.

Antimatter on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I liked Aquaman this week

though I wish Black Manta didn't look so fucking stupid

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Trust me

Jhiaxus, the mad cybertronian scientist, wanted to force evolution on the cybertronian race. besides creating the micromasters, he wanted to introduce gender to the race, and Arcee was his first test subject. before her, there weren't "her" or "she" or etc pronouns in their language.

So, she's Smurfette.

Trust me

So, she's Smurfette.

If smurfette were originally male and wanted to kill gargamel with swords sure

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Trust me

So, she's Smurfette.

If smurfette were originally male and wanted to kill gargamel with swords sure

If that would have been in the Smurf's reboot I would have watched it!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Ribic's art (The Ultimates) is good, except for his wide-eyed, mouth agape expression that he has been using way too much. The problem is that it looks the same every time he uses it, no matter whose face it's supposed to be.

It really mars what would otherwise be a great book.

It can't be as bad as dull surprise.

Nothing is bad as dull surprise.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Ribic's art (The Ultimates) is good, except for his wide-eyed, mouth agape expression that he has been using way too much. The problem is that it looks the same every time he uses it, no matter whose face it's supposed to be.

He also does bubble eyes, but a very small price to pay for that art!

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic

He also does bubble eyes, but a very small price to pay for that art!

Yep, his action frames are quite nice.

Speaking of art, I hadn't seen Alessandro Vitti's art before this week's Captain America and Hawkeye. It's also real nice, but dude loves him some wrinkled foreheads. Makes for a couple of weird Cap faces with eyes popping out of masks.

And on topic, the Cap and Hawkeye has a cell when Hawkeye looses his explosive arrows.

Alessandro used to draw Secret Warriors, did this for me last year, and is a great guy. So his style seems to differ depending on the project.

Late MotW for me was receiving Chew volume 5 in the mail. This series is SO GOOD.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Volume 5 is out? Excellent.

I totally forgot about it, too. Oh, well. One less thing to pack, but my next trade order in the fall is going to be massive.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I feel bad for never mentioning Chew, in MotW. After I buy it, I usually read it in the store, and then drive over to a friend's house, and stuff it in her mailbox.

So, I don't usually get it back, until it's too late to really talk about it.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    chew is literally the only comic i buy any more

and i trade wait it, so i am behind

i still need volumes 4 and 5

but it is the only new comic i absolutely love

7656367.jpg
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    MOTW for me was noticing that all of the Waid Daredevil series is up on Comixology finally. Bought the whole thing (along with the ASM tie in issue, and the other 2 parts of Omega Effect). This one is easily up there with the Iron Fist series so far in must-read Marvel runs recently.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    MOTW for me was noticing that all of the Waid Daredevil series is up on Comixology finally. Bought the whole thing (along with the ASM tie in issue, and the other 2 parts of Omega Effect). This one is easily up there with the Iron Fist series so far in must-read Marvel runs recently.

damn. saying it's on iron fist level means I'm now obligated to read it all.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Just on the depictions of Radar Sense alone, the new Daredevil is amazing. But it's also really fun/funny, good action, and really well written to boot!

But man, I love the stuff they do with the art + radar sense stuff.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    edited April 2012

damn. saying it's on iron fist level means I'm now obligated to read it all.

It's not on the level of Immortal Iron Fist. It's noticeably better than IIF, and I loved that book.

Crimsondude on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    yeah, agreed on the art. I love what they've done in making the reader get a real feel for how he interacts with the world with his other senses.

I think my favorite thing is how they have really made a break from the dark era of Daredevil though, while still acknowledging it happened. The lighter more swashbuckler type stuff is something sorely missing in a lot of comics these days, and its great to see it.

• cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    So, apparently its time for a real life Super Hero Registration Act.

Guy goes all Punisher on a guy with a loud motorcycle...

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    So, apparently its time for a real life Super Hero Registration Act.

Guy goes all Punisher on a guy with a loud motorcycle...

The comments are great on that story. :D