As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legend of Korra: PANIC!!!! Episode 4 Is Uploaded!!!!

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »

oh yeah I've seen this

the artist did another piece in this style

Avatar___Street_by_dustsplat.jpg
    http://dustsplat.deviantart.com/

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I want Toph to have a bitchin' visor now

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    jesus they didn't get married at 12 and 14

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    thank goodness the forums ate that centipede damascus post

nobody wanted to see it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So...I have a question about the previous episode.
    In TLA did they ever say that power-sealing was something that the Avatar and only the Avatar can do?

Also...it seems kind of weird that it was a big deal when Aang did it but Amon did it pretty easily. Maybe it had something to do with him having a much stronger will than the people he was using it on though.
    also it was aang's first time and he was doing it to the fire lord

amon's possibly had a lot more practice

and they didn't say that it was something only the avatar could do but aang's definitely the only guy on record as having done it before as far as we know
    aang taking away ozai's bending involved a lot of competing lightshows and spectacle

what amon did looked a lot more like a chi-blocking technique, just manipulating pressure points, and that's what I'm betting it is
    some more permanent method of blocking bending, possibly manipulating the chakras, but subtly different from what aang did to ozai, in that it is blocking instead of taking away

0BnD8l3.gif
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    In TLA did they ever say that power-sealing was something that the Avatar and only the Avatar can do?

Also...it seems kind of weird that it was a big deal when Aang did it but Amon did it pretty easily. Maybe it had something to do with him having a much stronger will than the people he was using it on though.

and they didn't say that it was something only the avatar could do but aang's definitely the only guy on record as having done it before as far as we know
    aang taking away ozai's bending involved a lot of competing lightshows and spectacle

what amon did looked a lot more like a chi-blocking technique, just manipulating pressure points, and that's what I'm betting it is
    some more permanent method of blocking bending, possibly manipulating the chakras, but subtly different from what aang did to ozai, in that it is blocking instead of taking away
    yeah it seems he's basically building a dam in the chakra flow, Aang is taking away the chi altogether

PNk1Ml4.png
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    I can tolerate any romance in this show as long as I get what I really want: a fantastic bromance between Korra and Bolin.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    -Tal wrote: »
    the reason all the romances in Avatar are pretty straightforward is because this is a show about magic kung fu and not a romantic comedy

well, also the characters were relatively young, and were constantly on the run or fighting and dealing with, you know, saving the world

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    In other times and cultures kids got married young all the time.

Am I the only one hearing the defense for these relationships sounding a lot like how pedophiles on the internet justify themselves?

Quit it. It's gross. I don't care if you threw a qualifier in there, it's still gross.

It happened. Aang and Katara made it work because they're special. I can handle that. They'd been forced to grow up a lot and were traveling the world without any parental supervision and ending wars so my suspension of disbelief is well-sated.

I'm just hoping kids don't take away the wrong message that they're ready for a relationship at that age. That leads to bad things.

12 year olds have relationships all the time?

it's not like Katara and Aang were fucking

PNk1Ml4.png
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Callin' Asami as Amon

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah

I don't see what is super gross about a 12 year old dude dating a 14 year old girl

that shit happens all the time

it isn't like they are married and having kids, they are just holding hands and kissing KIDS DO THIS

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Callin' Asami as Amon

Maybe.. We haven't heard her, so maybe she has a voice like Doctor Girlfriend.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    sometimes it's funny to watch tumblr freak out
    SOBBING LIKE A BABY. BRYKE DO YOU SRSLY TRACK THIS TAG. AND WHEN YOU SEE THAT IT'S NOT BUSY ENOUGH YOU UNLEASH SOME NEW THING THAT WILL MAKE US TEAR BEND HORRENDOUSLY.
    I swear I had to punch a wall to regain my sanity.
    OK, so I saw that one screenshot of Mako blushing at Asami and then I saw the one with Mako and the hearts and my chest hurts now. :l

I didn’t know it was possible for me to ship something so much that it literally hurts when I see a possible rival getting in the way. I’ve never shipped anything that’s canon/close to being canon, either (besides Zelink; it’s come close to being canon so many times!). So, THIS IS A BIG DEAL FOR ME. YOU HAVE NO IDEA.
    OH GOD I CAN’T STOP FREAKING OUT

I THOUGHT I’D NEVER SHIP ANYTHING BUT MAKORRA OR MAKORRALIN BUT HOLY SHIIIITTTTT IM DYING HERE

JKFHGSFFFDJS I AM HYPERVENTILATING SOMEONE NEEDS TO GIVE ME A GOOD SLAP IN THE FACE PATRICIA GET A GRIP

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Callin' Asami as Amon

Maybe.. We haven't heard her, so maybe she has a voice like Doctor Girlfriend.

She's got an underling throwing his voice for her

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    that doesn't sound funny at all

it feels more like a sensation of quiet despair

0BnD8l3.gif
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    sometimes it's funny to watch tumblr freak out
    SOBBING LIKE A BABY. BRYKE DO YOU SRSLY TRACK THIS TAG. AND WHEN YOU SEE THAT IT'S NOT BUSY ENOUGH YOU UNLEASH SOME NEW THING THAT WILL MAKE US TEAR BEND HORRENDOUSLY.
    I swear I had to punch a wall to regain my sanity.
    OK, so I saw that one screenshot of Mako blushing at Asami and then I saw the one with Mako and the hearts and my chest hurts now. :l

I didn’t know it was possible for me to ship something so much that it literally hurts when I see a possible rival getting in the way. I’ve never shipped anything that’s canon/close to being canon, either (besides Zelink; it’s come close to being canon so many times!). So, THIS IS A BIG DEAL FOR ME. YOU HAVE NO IDEA.
    OH GOD I CAN’T STOP FREAKING OUT

I THOUGHT I’D NEVER SHIP ANYTHING BUT MAKORRA OR MAKORRALIN BUT HOLY SHIIIITTTTT IM DYING HERE

JKFHGSFFFDJS I AM HYPERVENTILATING SOMEONE NEEDS TO GIVE ME A GOOD SLAP IN THE FACE PATRICIA GET A GRIP

Glorious.

Makorralin

did I read that right

incestuous threesome

PNk1Ml4.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Regarding energybending:
    Until this thread I had never even considered that the light show during Aang and Ozai's fight was literal. Myself and my friends always thought it was just a visual way of showing an internal struggle... Am I way off base here?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Regarding energybending:
    Until this thread I had never even considered that the light show during Aang and Ozai's fight was literal. Myself and my friends always thought it was just a visual way of showing an internal struggle... Am I way off base here?
    I am pretty sure it's literal

I can't remember them doing entirely metaphoric visual stuff like that before

PNk1Ml4.png
  • AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    Regarding energybending:

that was my thought as well, it's possible that only the participants get the lightshow

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yeah

I don't see what is super gross about a 12 year old dude dating a 14 year old girl

it isn't like they are married and having kids, they are just holding hands and kissing KIDS DO THIS

Yeah they barely even kissed. And all the kids acted a lot more mature. I mean, they like, crushed people with rocks and shit. It doesn't mean that they're encouraging real 12 and 14 year olds to crush people with rocks.

edited April 2012
    well plenty of people end up marrying their childhood sweethearts

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Burn down tumblr

Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yeah

I must have an over-developed dad gland I guess.

But let's be clear here. I don't mind them dating. It's the implication that they found their true loves, the people they'd marry and have children and grow old together with, at an age where children aren't even trusted with full-time jobs or drivers licenses.

They can hold hands and kiss and pass notes and shit if they want to. Whatever. They still weren't adults so I hope they held off a couple years for the adult parts of the relationship.

• EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular

yeah it seems he's basically building a dam in the chakra flow, Aang is taking away the chi altogether
    Don't know if it's been brought up, but I feel like Amon's possibly trying to push Korra to learn spirit bending by putting on that show, then find a way to manipulate her into using it for him.

Also, Amon only touched their foreheads

Smart Hero wrote: »
    Burn down tumblr

you are advocating we ruin perfectly good clean fire, as well as dump poisonous toxins into the atmosphere

I say we put it into one of those sealed landfills they pave over

0BnD8l3.gif
    MAKORRALIN

Fuck the Earth

Burn down the sky

Destroy the sun

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Right next to the ET carts

• AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    One of my high school teachers married and started a family with his high school sweetheart, when he grew up and after they put a great deal of thought and care into their relationship. It's rare but it's not any more ridiculous than a Hollywood romcom where two people meet and despise each other but fall in love after two hours of pratfalls and wacky misunderstandings.

Avraham on
    :bz: :bz: :bzz:
    yeah I mean emily and I met in high school and we've been dating 7 or 8 years now

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Regarding energybending:
    I am pretty sure it's literal

I can't remember them doing entirely metaphoric visual stuff like that before
    Not to sound rude but, do you mean aside from Aang's magical star journey during The Guru, or the visualization of Toph's earthbending senses, or how the viewer can see air currents when they are being bent? It's pretty common throughout the show, I thought this was a similar deal.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    BRYAN ANGRY

iVVFGkSKvMpxI.jpg

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Oh God you mean the bi-furious chick in SP was Katara?!?! I fucking hated that character and it's not like I was fond of the movie in the first place.

haha, woah, check out the opinions on THIS guy

(they're bad)

Yeah I'm sorry I thought nearly everyone in that movie was a complete douche. Knives was pretty cool and it annoyed me that Scott picked a bland goth chick over her.

I'm sorry but I gotta clear something up.

This is Goth to you?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTl3FFqgxXTDqZET0BVR-cTw2C5Hh_IBq8OOD5kdqBz2MBOki9-Qw

really?

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I just hope Bolin gets some action before the show is over.

I felt a little sad for Toph when TLA ended and she was the only one of her friends not in a relationship.

Toph don't need no man.

Seriously, though, god help whoever Toph's husband was.
    Harrier wrote: »
    I can tolerate any romance in this show as long as I get what I really want: a fantastic bromance between Korra and Bolin.

A thousand times this. I want them to be awesome platonic drinking buddies so badly.

The_Tuninator on
    it was Bumi

Bumi I, I mean

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Burn down tumblr

you are advocating we ruin perfectly good clean fire, as well as dump poisonous toxins into the atmosphere

I say we put it into one of those sealed landfills they pave over

See, this is why you have the worst opinions. It'd leak into groundwater.

We should send it to a black hole.

Scientists disagree if it annihilates matter or sends it into some kind of "Hell dimension with evil cyborgs". Either way, it's someone else's problem.

And, unlike sending it to the Dark Nebula, it won't empower the Dire Wraiths.

Shit, Dire Wraiths are the worst.

• The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Fucking Dire Wraiths, man. Why do they have to be so goddamn dire all the time?

The_Tuninator on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    those tumblrs

as a korlin shipper, I recognize that sometimes an otp has to cook for a while before it is ready to step out into the world

This discussion has been closed.