As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Airbender] The legend of Korra: I am the solution.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    This is kind of a ridiculous argument to be spanning four pages after three episodes of the show

You guys still got nothing on SE++, 40 pages on why guns should/shouldn't be in Avatar.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Leaked pic of Asami! Credit goes to the SE++ thread.
    tumblr_m32bc9k6Ir1rn7znv.jpg

Needless to say, I can see the comparisons between her and Lust from FMA now.

Blood is flowing in the gutters of Tumblr right now over this.

He's flustered around her but not around the must more unique looking Korra? Racism.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »

He's flustered around her but not around the must more unique looking Korra? Racism.

We can't see where her other hand is in that picture. Maybe she's grabbing his firm, athletic ass in public? We'll find out next week.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

tumblr_m32fw0WcFO1qhlhwio1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m32f7wjLAS1qhlhwio1_500.jpg

A couple more of her! She reminded me of June at first glance actually.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    classic '20 beauty. I love it.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    According to the creators, she was inspired partly by Lust, from Fullmetal Alchemist.

lust.jpg

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    This is kind of a ridiculous argument to be spanning four pages after three episodes of the show

but being born a bender is like being born with a bunch of bananas

• Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Ahaha oh man, just burst out laughing at this. Thank you for that.
    According to the creators, she was inspired partly by Lust, from Fullmetal Alchemist.

lust.jpg

Yeah, she's most definitely channeling a bit of Lust, which I am all for.

I cannot wait to see this character throw down in combat with some Equalist ninjas. Her design is such classic "beautiful female" porcelain doll that it should be quite hilarious to see her actually kicking ass.
    vegeta_666 wrote: »

A couple more of her! She reminded me of June at first glance actually.

Ah, June. She was a fantastic character. I would have watched a spinoff that was just her roaming around, getting in bar fights, hunting bounties, and generally having rad adventures.

With Iroh as her adventuring partner, of course.

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Bryan Konietzko then posted this on Tumblr, I assume in response to the pictures being leaked:
    tumblr_m32k99d6Fq1rptk5lo1_1280.jpg

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I say we immortalize this Bryan Konietzko fellow with a bronze statue and a ticker-tape parade.

• Options
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    Bryan Konietzko then posted this on Tumblr, I assume in response to the pictures being leaked:
    tumblr_m32k99d6Fq1rptk5lo1_1280.jpg

I give it 50-50 odds that they didn't do this themselves to troll the shippers even further.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »

You guys still got nothing on SE++, 40 pages on why guns should/shouldn't be in Avatar.

I found out about the SE++ thread I think last Saturday, after the episode aired. I figured I'd read through the 10 pages that existed, since I had to go do a 24 hour no internet no cell phone shift. Sunday evening, the thread is up to like 40 pages. I was shocked. Shocked! Those guys can post. I'm at the point where I can only read so much before my eyes glaze over and roll up inside my head.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I say we immortalize this Bryan Konietzko fellow with a bronze statue and a ticker-tape parade.

He also uses himself as a reference, and it is brilliant.

http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/20981423365/ha-ha-ha-nice-yeah-i-wouldnt-know-how-to-put

Sob24Nm.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Those last few pages made me go fucking crosseyed every time I tried to read up.

On a more positive and forward note, does anyone know how well this is actually playing out as far as ratings? I know that it's probably scoring points outside its target demographic like the original series; I don't know how many seasons it's supposed to be but I could imagine that number growing on the back end of the hugely positive response it's gotten. I have seen a full 1 person say flat out that they didn't like it, but dozens who are loving it even if they aren't fans of this sort of thing. What's the word on the street from the creators, for that matter?

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Those last few pages made me go fucking crosseyed every time I tried to read up.

On a more positive and forward note, does anyone know how well this is actually playing out as far as ratings? I know that it's probably scoring points outside its target demographic like the original series; I don't know how many seasons it's supposed to be but I could imagine that number growing on the back end of the hugely positive response it's gotten. I have seen a full 1 person say flat out that they didn't like it, but dozens who are loving it even if they aren't fans of this sort of thing. What's the word on the street from the creators, for that matter?

Quote from Bryan:
    Korra Debut Draws 4.5 Million Viewers
    Great news! The premiere made quite a splash. At the core of that huge, unfathomable number was surely a dedicated fan base bugging motivating everyone they knew to watch the show. Thanks for that!

It is certainly good news, but I don’t pay too close attention to these numbers. As long as they aren’t horrible enough to draw the ire of the network, then I just see them, shake my head in wonder, and keep plugging away. It is hard to comprehend a group of people that large. Anything bigger than the 2000 fans at the Comic Con panels is more than my brain can imagine. As long as we get to make the show, and people can access it, then I’m happy.

From a press release:
    The series, which continues the mythology of the beloved animated franchise Avatar: The Last Airbender, also posted double and triple-digit increases across all kid and tween demos, averaging a 5.7/1.2 million K6-11 (+36%), 6.3/1.3 million T9-14 (+125%) and 5.5/1.9 million K2-11 (+17%). The Legend of Korra also ranks as the network’s most-watched animated series premiere in three years.

I think it's doing pretty well.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Just a warning, there are massive episode four spoilers out. More massive then two screeshots, like whole episode massive.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Asami reminds me of Talia al Ghul.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    Just a warning, there are massive episode four spoilers out. More massive then two screeshots, like whole episode massive.

I cannot stress this enough. Do not, I repeat do not, go to any Avatar fan site right now. That includes all of tumblr.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    So after Toph learns metal bending, does she... leave her old teacher for dead?
    You mean the guy who took her parents' money and taught her nothing, then took even more money to basically kidnap her?
    I guess she did at that. I'm not sure I would have done any different if I was eleven, immensely powerful and seriously pissed off either.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    @vegeta_666

You mind spoilering those pics you posted?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited April 2012

I mean, even if someone stumbles upon the two of them, it would be a long time because someone can set them free.

Also, how is it that no one bothers to ask the Earth King if he revealed important details to Azula, like the deal with the solar eclipse?

It's a well-traveled road. They're trapped for, like, a day or two tops before somebody finds them.
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    You mean the guy who took her parents' money and taught her nothing, then took even more money to basically kidnap her?
    I guess she did at that. I'm not sure I would have done any different if I was eleven, immensely powerful and seriously pissed off either.

To be fair, he taught her nothing at the behest of her parents.

But yeah, Toph is a hardass.

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    FInally got to catch up on Ep.2 and Ep.3 last night. Turns out that Comcast is stupid and listed Ep.1 and Ep.3 under 'K' but listed Ep.2 under 'L' (or vise-versa, I forget exactly).

Put me in the "it's not energy-bending, it's chi-blocking" camp. Whether or not it's permanent is still a mystery, but I just don't think there's enough visual cues to suggest it's actual energy-bending.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Was Asami's V/A mentioned?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Film:Seychelle_Gabriel

Apparently the same girl who played Yue in the movie.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Just wanted to make sure that it wasn't Laura Bailey--if it were, it would have been too hilarious to watch without laughing uncontrollably at first, and thus, missing large chunks of the episode.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    We really need a new episode, both Avatar threads are starting to degrade to circular arguments pretty significantly :p

(The SE++ Thread is sort of terrifying though, my brain hurts after catching up on that.)

That said, I'm really excited that the non-bender is going to be joining the group this episode. Specially since she seems like a pretty good character.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Film:Seychelle_Gabriel

Apparently the same girl who played Yue in the movie.
    aka: the only one in that whole shitbox of a movie that was cast appropriately.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Just wanted to make sure that it wasn't Laura Bailey--if it were, it would have been too hilarious to watch without laughing uncontrollably at first, and thus, missing large chunks of the episode.

Ahhhh, that would have been amazing. That's totally the voice she has in my head at the moment.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Man you think that's bad, what about the poor birthday boy Sokka abandoned in the ocean to freeze to death. Now that is rough buddy.

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    @vegeta_666

You mind spoilering those pics you posted?

Done! Right, sorry 'bout that.

Sob24Nm.png
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Meh, Korra and deltoids 4 lyfe, 20's beauty or no.
    I love it when things go to hell for the shippers. The video that the Avatar crew made for taking the piss out of them was fantastic way back when as well.

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Rhan9 wrote: »
    I love it when things go to hell for the shippers. The video that the Avatar crew made for taking the piss out of them was fantastic way back when as well.

Fan rage is delicious in all its forms.
    Unless it is my fan rage. Then it is bitter and unfair and I'll never watch your stupid show again.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    On a completely unrelated note, those pants Korra has look super comfy.

• Options
    It's pretty much the end of the world on Tumblr right now. I am loving this.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    It's pretty much the end of the world as we know it on Tumblr right now. And I feel fine.

8->

• Options

Any gems?

• Options

Any gems?
    I'll see if I can pick out anything in particular, but it's pretty much one big collective gem of Makorra shippers damning Asami to hell and swearing blood oaths to hate her forever based on about two leaked pics.

It's especially funny because all prior indicators were pointing to Makorra as the canon ship, which means that they're additionally butthurt right now.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Any gems?
    I'll see if I can pick out anything in particular, but it's pretty much one big collective gem of Makorra shippers damning Asami to hell and swearing blood oaths to hate her forever based on about two leaked pics.

It's especially funny because all prior indicators were pointing to Makorra as the canon ship, which means that they're additionally butthurt right now.
    Makorra being ship canon won't halt the crazy. They won't be happy until Asami ceases to exist. :?

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    My hope is that he's blushing because Asami embarrassed him something fierce with her cutting dry wit and not because she's hot and happened to glance in his direction. That way, she and Korra can bond over their mutual disdain for boys and become bestest friends.
    Kosami 4lyfe bitches!
    :winky:
    OK, not really, but the temptation to throw that one into the mix is alarmingly strong…

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    My hope is that he's blushing because Asami embarrassed him something fierce with her cutting dry wit and not because she's hot and happened to glance in his direction. That way, she and Korra can bond over their mutual disdain for boys and become bestest friends.
    Kosami 4lyfe bitches!
    :winky:
    OK, not really, but the temptation to throw that one into the mix is alarmingly strong…

It just means you've been infected. You should be able to keep it under control by removing notepad and microsoft word from your computer, and blacklisting fanfiction dot net.

This discussion has been closed.