As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D'aww [chat]

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    WHAT THE FUCK IS A CASUAL DRESS

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I haven't gotten a bonus lately at my job (because government bonuses are a mountain of paperwork for bosses) but I have been getting loads of respect lately and got a glowing work review.

I am appreciative but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit resentful because I am still having major issues of "You're doing this because I lost weight. I was just as valuable a year ago and you overlooked me like a hideous troll you FUCKS."

*shrug*

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I'M FREAKING OUT MAN

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    GUUUUUUUUUYS

SOMEONE CALLED ME OUT ON MY SHIT NOW I HAVE TO GROW AS A PERSON

WHINE MOAN BITCH

Don't grow too much, if you get any bigger you'll break your chair

Edit: I don't mean this don't hate me

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Dancing is fun. I am not the best but I can dance well enough to have others dance with me. I wish I remembered how to swing dance, I only have some basic movements still.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So I go to check my bank account and there is about a grand more in it then I was expecting. This immediately caused me to panic because I was assuming this would bite me in the ass some how. And I look through the transactions to see what doesn't match and there is an extra direct deposit from work. But it's not in the normal pay cycle and not my normal check amount. So I check my little mailbox at work and I find a pay slip in there. I bring it to my boss to see if he can explain what's going on.

"Oh yeah, that's a bonus. I forgot to tell you."

Make a hat out of money

Hat out of money!

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    So I go to check my bank account and there is about a grand more in it then I was expecting. This immediately caused me to panic because I was assuming this would bite me in the ass some how. And I look through the transactions to see what doesn't match and there is an extra direct deposit from work. But it's not in the normal pay cycle and not my normal check amount. So I check my little mailbox at work and I find a pay slip in there. I bring it to my boss to see if he can explain what's going on.

Make a hat out of money

Hat out of money!

tumblr_lqc7nff2dV1qh6pbfo1_500.jpg

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I haven't gotten a bonus lately at my job (because government bonuses are a mountain of paperwork for bosses) but I have been getting loads of respect lately and got a glowing work review.

I am appreciative but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit resentful because I am still having major issues of "You're doing this because I lost weight. I was just as valuable a year ago and you overlooked me like a hideous troll you FUCKS."

*shrug*

why would you hate this

if I got super handsome AND people at work liked me more I would be like

fuck yes

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    i lost thirty pounds and was delighted that people thought I was more competent

That's not the way it should be. It's not right. I am glad I'm getting more respect but it's REALLY fucked up.

Yeah, it sucks.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

That's not the way it should be. It's not right. I am glad I'm getting more respect but it's REALLY fucked up.

it's not as bad as the height thing

i mean at least it's conceivable that weight can be changed

height has a huge impact on the way people evaluate you

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

Make a hat out of money

Hat out of money!

Money hats are old hat. The cool kids are making cash boats, so as to cruise down the river of prosperity

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

• Options

you want it to be one way

but it's the other way

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    GUUUUUUUUUYS

SOMEONE CALLED ME OUT ON MY SHIT NOW I HAVE TO GROW AS A PERSON

WHINE MOAN BITCH

275.gif

Make a hat out of money

Hat out of money!

$500 goes into savings. But I'm not sure what I'll spend the rest on.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @Feral for 100% non-Disney results search "Pokahotass"

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    "I can risk my life to the death."

THIS MOVIE

what is it?

• Options
    well it meant i didn't have to get better at anything other than not eating sugar and large portions

• Options

*shrug*

why would you hate this

if I got super handsome AND people at work liked me more I would be like

fuck yes

Totally going to play the "You just don't understand." card here.

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    so i've realized i'm super cowardly as a person

like my instinct is to run away when i'm uncomfortable or don't like something.

it's why i break up with girls at the drop of a money hat.

• Options
    Poke yer hontas

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

THIS MOVIE

• Options
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Skippy what if you were fat and a girl didn't like you or treated you crappy. Then you got handsome and she wanted to be your girlfriend. Would you be happy about that?

yes!

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I'm right with you. I recently lost 50 pounds and I'm trying not to get super pissed off about it.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular

People will think this about you, yes. The snap judgments they make based on appearance alone can be advantageous or hurtful. It's up to you to game the system.

If you are height / weight proportionate and know how to dress yourself, you could literally be President of the United States.

No you know what? Fuck it all. Eddy, how would you like to be a write-in candidate in the GOP primary on May 29th? I caution you, you may only get one supporter.

• Options
    also maybe it's their way of congratulating you for getting healthier!!

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Skippy what if you were fat and a girl didn't like you or treated you crappy. Then you got handsome and she wanted to be your girlfriend. Would you be happy about that?

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »

THIS MOVIE

what is it?

Sukiyaki Western Django. Japanese film but they decided to do all the talking in English. The results are about as funny as you would expect.

• Options

Fuck tall gleaming white teeth personality men. 9 times out of 10 they're fucking idiots. It's always the short ugly guy who actually gets shit done and that's who I want to talk to.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

People will think this about you, yes. The snap judgments they make based on appearance alone can be advantageous or hurtful. It's up to you to game the system.

If you are height / weight proportionate and know how to dress yourself, you could literally be President of the United States.

No you know what? Fuck it all. Eddy, how would you like to be a write-in candidate in the GOP primary on May 29th? I caution you, you may only get one supporter.

I wasn't born in the US : (
    neither was john mccain, and he didn't get to be president

where was i going with this

• Options

• Options

Fuck tall gleaming white teeth personality men. 9 times out of 10 they're fucking idiots. It's always the short ugly guy who actually gets shit done and that's who I want to talk to.

:(

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

neither was john mccain, and he didn't get to be president

where was i going with this

McCain is the Manchurian Candidate to Obama's Manchurian Candidate?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    I mean, I get that you would be like

man these folks are superficial dicks!

but also, the plus side would be, now they are listening to me and giving me more money or whatever!

• Options

That's okay, neither was Obama.

• Options

I deal with this exact problem daily, with countless women.

• Options

have degrading sex with her and then never call her back

win-win

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular

This happened to me and instead of a bonus they actually confused my billing rate with my pay rate, so they payed me what they charge our customers.

Needless to say, they didn't let me keep it all. :(

• Options

Under a Casual Eddy Presidency, this will no longer be an issue!

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2012
    Bah.

Premier kakos on
This discussion has been closed.