As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Indie Game Bundle Notice & Discussion Thread [ NEW - Deep Space ]

• starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Cross post from Steam thread:

Botanicula Tip: if you are ever in a puzzle where you need to use your mouse to "nudge" something, set the window size to 60%. No idea why it matters, but it works perfectly.

For example on puzzle
    level two, red ball. I couldnt do that shit for the life of me at 100%. at 60% it took 30 seconds

aaaand I beat it. It was ok.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Just a heads up on the latest Royale Bundle. Tobe's Vertical Adventure is listed as Steam-only, but that doesn't seem to be the case. When I activated my Desura key for this bundle it added Tobe's VA to my Desura library. I wish I'd known because I'd already activated the Steam Key, and I'd have rather gifted it than having duplicate titles in my Desura and Steam library. Keep that in mind if you are a fellow Desura user and you buy this bundle.
    I'm not sure you're supposed to be giving away those keys to people. I mean, you only bought one copy of the game, right? The only reason they're giving you extra keys is so you can grab it on both services.

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Maybe so. I don't give them away when the bundles are going on though.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Indie Gala IV is live and it's weird, but kind of good.

Minimum games are Alien Shooter and A.R.E.S, as well an unnamed bonus game. Pay over 5 bucks for Altitude and Disciples II: Gallean's Return and 2 more mystery games. Altitude and Disciples are good games, though Disciples is ancient by now, and offering it without the other expansion seems silly (going to guess that's one of the bonuses). Alien and ARES kind of suck, and I own Altitude and Disciple so going to wait to see what the bonuses are I guess.

• AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    Game I already have x3 + Game I've never heard of + 3 mystery games? Ugh.

Didn't have altitude or Disciples and Corpekata's review+ Altitude video were enough to push me over the BTA edge.

camo_sig2.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Indie Gala is becoming the Dane Cook of indie game bundles.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    this is the last day for bemine2 & the royale spring bundle

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    Anyone know what the Gala mystery game(s) are yet? Or do they unlock at some unspecified point in the future?

The video on their site has hints. One clearly is Steel Storm Burning Retribution.

The first is Wake, the other two will be announced next week.

Also Altitude is really good. Wish we could get a PA game going sometime soon.

camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2012
    http://www.kyttarogames.com/?p=175

Guys! Bundle in a Box is....

Still waiting to be released! They now have an official website/emaillist/ and release date of "Spring (There isn't much of that left!)"

Seven games (including one new one and two are almost definitely the Ben And Dan games). Twitter acct says that any of the games they release that are on steam will come with steam keys.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2012
    So apparently even Gamestop/Impulse is getting in on the indie bundle fun.

http://impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2967

Annnnnd. It's actually pretty good, albeit repeat heavy (And Yet it moves needs to be retired). Arguably going to be the best one going once it launches (the 27th). Gray Matter, Helldorado, Cargo, Really Big Sky, And Yet it Moves, Gratuitous Space Battles, Sickbrick, Edna and Harvey- Breakout. I really can't complain about an indie bundle that includes stuff that runs the spectrum from Gray Matter to Cargo.

No word on the pricing but I'll bet it ends up similar to the Indiefort from Gamersgate.

Corpekata on
    That is a pretty sweet bundle.

• MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Corpekata wrote: »
    So apparently even Gamestop/Impulse is getting in on the indie bundle fun.

http://impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2967

Annnnnd. It's actually pretty good, albeit repeat heavy (And Yet it moves needs to be retired). Arguably going to be the best one going once it launches (the 27th). Gray Matter, Helldorado, Cargo, Really Big Sky, And Yet it Moves, Gratuitous Space Battles, Sickbrick, Edna and Harvey- Breakout. I really can't complain about an indie bundle that includes stuff that runs the spectrum from Gray Matter to Cargo.

No word on the pricing but I'll bet it ends up similar to the Indiefort from Gamersgate.

What I know: Email I got says Flash Sale, $12.79, limited to 500, just under 7 hours from time of this post.

Edit: May only be $10, looks like price could have been localized.

Maclay on
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    Indie Gala sent an email this morning revealing and Really Big Sky, Alien Shooter 2 unlocking now for people paying more than the average, and Lunnye Devisty as a bonus.

I dunno. Is the bundle worth it just for Really Big Sky and Altitude, or should I hold out until the Alliterative Summer Steam Sale?

Do you have all the other games? Its not a very good bundle if you habitually buy them, but (While I hate it) people enjoy ARES and Steel Storm is cool from what I've played.

I havent put a ton of time into Altitude, but its great so far.

But Really Big Sky is probably the best shooter I have ever, ever played. So much fun. So gorgeous.

camo_sig2.png
    about 20 hours left on the humble botanicula debut

edited May 2012
    Indie Royale May Hurray Bundle is up!

Dungeon Defenders
    for: steam (pc and mac), windows, desura

Containment: The Zombie Puzzler
    for: steam (pc), windows, desura

Data Jammers: FastForward
    for: steam (pc), windows, desura

Brainpipe - A Plunge to Unhumanity
    for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, desura

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
    for: windows, desura

I'm not familiar with anything aside from Dungeon Defenders, which is a great and awesome game. If you, for some reason, don't already have it? This is a great chance to pick it up. Super fun action/tower defense/diablo-esque loot whoring.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    I have Brainpipe. It's...interesting. In a "worth trying, at least" way. You're flying down a tunnel, full-speed ahead, trying to dodge the barriers, etc. Basically, it's the "Return of the Jedi" Death Star run on LSD.

• MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Finally picked up Dungeon Defenders in this pack, been holding off for a while, Brainpipe may be the only other one that gets played, kinda gave me a bit of a F-Zero(SNES) vibe for some reason.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Can anyone confirm whether or not redeeming Dungeon Defenders on Steam gets you the portal gun for the Huntress? I doubt Steam is set up to be able to discriminate based on where the key came from, but I'd like to know for sure before I use it.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    AnakinOU wrote: »
    I have Brainpipe. It's...interesting. In a "worth trying, at least" way. You're flying down a tunnel, full-speed ahead, trying to dodge the barriers, etc. Basically, it's the "Return of the Jedi" Death Star run on LSD.

I got it in a bundle in a Steam Sale a good while back and Brainpipe has actually gotten a decent bit of play. It's dead simple but still weirdly charming and good fun. One of the coolest things about Brainpipe is the audio, play it with headphones if you have the option. Data Jammers and Weird Worlds are from the same people too, Digital Eel. I really like them, they make some fun and quirky games. Data Jammers is pretty cool too, kind of like Tron meets Burnout.

• TediakTediak Registered User regular
    Weird Worlds (in the Indie Royale bundle) is really good. It's kind of a "pocket roguelike" similar to Desktop Dungeons, but set in space. Definitely has a just-one-more-game-oh-god-I-can't-feel-my-legs quality to it. Highly recommended.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm whether or not redeeming Dungeon Defenders on Steam gets you the portal gun for the Huntress? I doubt Steam is set up to be able to discriminate based on where the key came from, but I'd like to know for sure before I use it.
    All copies of Dungeon Defenders activate on Steam, regardless of source. Thus, I can't confirm whether or not you get the Portal gun if you redeem an outside code. If you redeem a code from Amazon, you get a worthless pet. If you redeem a code from Direct2Drive, you get a different worthless pet. Neither of these outside codes gives you the Portal Gun.

If it does give you the Portal Gun, it will appear as a crate to open in your tavern. I wouldn't worry too much about it, since it has very little practical use without also a Series EV (which is a paid DLC character).

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    All copies of Dungeon Defenders activate on Steam, regardless of source. Thus, I can't confirm whether or not you get the Portal gun if you redeem an outside code. If you redeem a code from Amazon, you get a worthless pet. If you redeem a code from Direct2Drive, you get a different worthless pet. Neither of these outside codes gives you the Portal Gun.

If it does give you the Portal Gun, it will appear as a crate to open in your tavern. I wouldn't worry too much about it, since it has very little practical use without also a Series EV (which is a paid DLC character).
    Oh, Dungeon Defenders is Steamworks? I assumed it couldn't be on the grounds that Indie Royale offers a regular executable download for it. I wonder how that works...

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    edited May 2012
    Bundle In A Box Deets
    We heard about this bundle for a while now, but still don’t know when will be out. What’s the release date?
    Bundle In A Box will launch sometime during this May. Can’t say much more, but there isn’t much of May left anyway.

How long will the bundle last?
    Two whole weeks.

What will the payment methods be?
    We’ll be using the pay-what-you-want-model.

Will there be a minimum price?
    Yes, there will be, but a constantly dropping one.

How many games are going to be in it?
    Seven.

What does the adventure bundle mean, are all games going to be adventure genre?
    Well, we can’t really reveal that, but “Adventure Bundle” should be a rather strong hint. Oh, and we will be offering one game belonging to a genre that has never been featured in a bundle before.

Will the games be redeemable on Steam?
    Some of them yes. Others will be available on Desura and all of them as DRM-free digital downloads.

Do you plan to include extras in the bundle, besides games, like soundtracks?
    Indeed we are. We have actually secured some pretty unique extras.

What makes Bundle in a Box stand out from the other bundles?
    Well, payment model and strong theme aside, we will be offering all titles as DRM-free downloads, supporting a pretty important charity, directly supporting indie developers (and we’re not referring to those that are part of the bundle) and helping a brand new and pretty excellent game debut exclusively through the bundle.

Will a part of the profits go to charities, and if it will, which ones?
    We will, of course, be supporting a charity that is very close to our hearts, but its name will have to remain a secret for now.

Do you plan to make more Bundle in a Box bundles in the future?
    Absolutely! We’ve got quite a few themes worked out and a brilliant indie developer is already working on the game that will debut via our second bundle.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Beat the average on Indie Gala and get a couple of awesome Flashbulb albums:
    http://www.indiegala.com/

forumsig.png
    edited May 2012
    All Charity Lightning Indie Royale is up
    Headlining the bundle is Hemisphere Games' dreamlike physics puzzle game Osmos, available for Windows and Mac on Steam, Windows and Linux on Desura, and DRM-free on Windows, Mac and Linux. Next up is Erik Svedang's interactive fairytale Blueberry Garden, available for Windows on Steam, Desura, and DRM-free. Making its bundle debut is Wadjet Eye Games' rabbinical 2D adventure game The Shivah, the first title from the creator of The Blackwell Legacy, and available for Windows on Desura and DRM-Free. Finally featured is Copenhagen Game Collective's offbeat local multiplayer party game B.U.T.T.O.N., available for Windows on Steam, Desura and DRM-free.

I'll probably skip. Only thing I would want is The Shivah, but it isn't on steam and I have a billion other adventure games to play.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
    Osmos is fun and I've heard great things about Blueberry Garden. And B.U.T.T.O.N is supposed to be one of the most amazing games anyone has ever played but I don't have any gamer friends living nearby anymore :(

In other bundle news, Bundle in a Box will be releasing on May 23rd according to their blog.

camo_sig2.png
    Has anyone had issues redeeming their Steam keys for this bundle? Asking because I got some Steam keys for other stuff and I keep getting invalid product code messages, so I figure if anyone else has had the same problem it'd be people buying an indie bundle.

not a bundle per se, but pretty much every prominent indie game will be "deeply discounted" for the last week of the month

edited May 2012
    Build your Own Bundle by Groupees should be opening up today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4ReIE4UWBQ&feature=youtu.be

looks pretty decent. "Create your own bundle" from the following
    Get it here: http://groupees.com/bab Starts week of May 21. Necrovision (PC Steam + DRM-Free), Caster +OST (PC/MAC Steam + DRM-Free), Diamond Dan (PC/MAC Steam), Lightfish (PC/MAC Steam), Ubersoldier 2 (PC DRM-Free), Dark Fall: Lost Souls (PC Steam + DRM-Free), XOTIC (PC Steam + DRM-Free), Beep (PC/MAC Steam + DRM-Fee), Sideway: New York (PC Steam), P.A.M. (PC Steam), Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals (PC Steam), The Ball (PC Steam + DRM-Free).

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
    Groupees bundle is up, and surprisingly without any hitch at all.

edited May 2012
    Hitch: After buying I didn't have a Caster or Dark Souls steam key. POsting in chat gave me caster and they are working on getting dark soul keys. I ended up getting all the new games, below, and my minimum price was 4.50.
    Caster, Ubersoldier, Diamond Dan, Necrovision, and Lost Souls are all new. Don't think any of them have even been in a bundle before.

Also- Remember tomorrow that Bundle in a Box is scheduled to go live and will at least include the Ben and Dan adventure games if you still don't have them. Also the Because We May promotion is constantly adding new games. If you havent checked it out in a few days, do it. I know the new ones since I last checked are: Really Big Sky, Zombie Driver, and Cthulu/Breath of Death pack.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2012
    and Bundle in a Box finally launches with an all adventure bundle:
    Gemini Rue
    Time Gentlemen Please, Ben There Dan That Special Edition
    1893 A World’s Fair Mystery
    The Sea Will Claim Everything
    Metal Dead
    The Shivah

with Gemini, and the Ben and Dan games being redeemable on steam.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
    The Because We May thing seems to be up now:
    http://www.becausewemay.com/

Although the Steam sales don't seem to be appearing in the UK, everything seems to be at its usual price. Which is a shame :(

forumsig.png
    the prices aren't live in the US yet, either

Yeah, here was me thinking we'd been left out, when I'm just impatient.

forumsig.png