As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

D'aww [chat]

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

That's worse than the story I heard of the guy who pierced his own nipple, ripped out a nerve cluster, and shit his pants and passed out.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Sparvy wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

I think I have seen that quote contributed to 5 different people at this point

20120425.png

• SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sparvy wrote: »

Mojo Jojo wrote:

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Sheep wrote: »
    Yup.

x2GsO.png

Fiber connection?

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Vanguard wrote:

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @Mojo_Jojo gah you beat me.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Ayn Rand wrote:

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Oh look my post vanished between pages. Again.

20120425.png

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Thanks FCC

fuck gendered marketing
    Easiest import of old emails I've ever done, thanks exchange 2010 and power shell!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Hitler wrote:

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Ayn Rand wrote:

I'm kind of skeptical Ayn Rand was that self-aware.

20120425.png

That crumbum stole my saying!

T.S. Eliot all up ins

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

20120425.png

That crumbum stole my saying!

• SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Yup.

x2GsO.png

Fiber connection?

Yeeeep.

My gateway is also one hop away.

All your internets.

I has them.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    "enterprise shuttle lands in new York"
    Says the caption on the TV

Have I been an extra in a shitty time travel episode all my life or am I having a psychotic break?

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Yup.

x2GsO.png

Fiber connection?

Yeeeep.

My gateway is also one hop away.

All your internets.

I has them.

we need a bandwidth off

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    OOP in PHP looks like poop. From a butt. It's all "Hey, we need to tack on OOP to our language!"

Still better than obj-c.

Hey let's assimilate another language into C to make it super confusing, different, and trendy!

A little LttP, but goddamn objective-C needs to go away. Forever.

sig.gif
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

Have I been an extra in a shitty time travel episode all my life or am I having a psychotic break?

I'd love to tell you differently because either one of your options would be more interesting... but it's just the Plain Old Space Shuttle Enterprise.

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

It flew on the back of a 747 to New York

Psn:wazukki
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity."

This Enterprise

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_Enterprise

fuck gendered marketing
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular

Yep and Nope. The Shuttlecraft Goddard just landed. :>

HerrCron wrote: »
    OOP in PHP looks like poop. From a butt. It's all "Hey, we need to tack on OOP to our language!"

Still better than obj-c.

Hey let's assimilate another language into C to make it super confusing, different, and trendy!

Apparently there's obj-c++ but I am not sure the point of that is. Interfacing C++ classes into obj-c syntax?

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I always felt bad for the space shuttle enterprise and how it never got to go into space for realz.

Lh96QHG.png
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    hello elldren!!

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    So [chat], if I were given the power to guarantee that one book was never discovered my my kids, which one should it be?

hi tyrannus

do you have any fun and awesome statistics for global production rates of sugar circa 1600?

fuck gendered marketing
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    spool32 wrote: »
    So [chat], if I were given the power to guarantee that one book was never discovered my my kids, which one should it be?

None of them. Let them be exposed and teach them to question until they get satisfactory answers.

A reasoned person need not fear any knowledge.

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Atlas Shrugged?

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

the giver

919UOwT.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Atlas Shrugged?

srsly

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »

Still better than obj-c.

Apparently there's obj-c++ but I am not sure the point of that is. Interfacing C++ classes into obj-c syntax?

Just looked that up. Why would you even?

sig.gif
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

Atlas Shrugged?

That book they read in The Evil Dead. You should hide that, if you have a copy around the house. Hide it in your cabin. The one deep in the woods.

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Thinking about using the Verizon Business to Business support line to call and bitch about them not having ICS released for my Biotic yet.

Psn:wazukki
    Elldren wrote: »
    hi tyrannus

do you have any fun and awesome statistics for global production rates of sugar circa 1600?
    What on earth are you planning?

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    hi tyrannus

no but I can send you a lot of links about whistleblowing statistics

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    My internet was slow, so I phoned a technician who identified I had misconfigured my router and set things up so things are way faster.

Good customer service? Twice in as many weeks?! I'm now afraid I have used up all my good fortune and the rest of my life will be a cascade of misfortune. D:

This discussion has been closed.