As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DnD 4e PbP] The Serpent Swallows its Tail (IC)

• Mint JulepMint Julep Registered User regular
    With a little smile, In response to Rolan and Toman, "Maybe that is why they don't have me in a temple somewhere trying to preach to the masses. I don't coat my words in honey and my sermons would be too short."

Enza - Tiefling Paladin of Ilmater
    HP: 26/33 | Surge Value: 8 (8/11) | AP 0/1
    AC 22 | Fort 15 | Ref 14 | Will 15
    Insight: 18 | Perception: 13
    Condition:
    Marked Foes: None /COLOR]
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    OK, CP we're going to take your shopping to PMs.
    Anyone else who hasn't shopped, we'll do the same. Keep in mind that you're traveling for 11 days (minimum) to get to your destination, and the town you're coming from is the closest town to it. So you'll need to travel there, and back. Water is readily available, because there is a river that more or less parallels your road (however sometimes it disappears from view/takes a few hours to get to). So, I'd suggest 2 waterskins, and whatever food you need at minimum.

You all wrap up your shopping trips, and meet back at the eastern gate at mid-day. The guards there seem to know your group by its look and must know of your quest. You are showered with well-wishes, thanks, and your group is given a full wineskin as a parting gift by a particularly gruff looking dwarf guard. "Me own brew" he says, with a wink.

Your first two days of travel are uneventful, nearly boring even. The weather has been brisk, but clear.
    A few hours into your third day, you are approaching a section of the road that slopes down the back-side of a hill when you notice a structure in a tree off to the side of the road up ahead.

Roll for initiative, spot checks, and place yourselves against the left-side of the map.
    6941277856_2604b84a94_b.jpg
    RoadEncuonter by Snowdown1, on Flickr

• MidrealmDMMidrealmDM Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Pick up an extra waterskin before leaving town (will update sheet when I can)

Toman accepts and carries the Dwarven brew on behalf of the party.
    During the travels he mutters under his breath about the bright sun and keeps the hood of his cloak pulled up to shield his face from the light. At night, as the party beds down, he plays bittersweet tunes on his flute and his shadowy bat familiar dances around the firelight.

As the party approaches the odd structure, Toman steps into the sheltering shade of the nearby sapling and takes a moment to fuel his paranoia by looking around for signs of bandits or some other ambush.

Start at I4 (if that is too far up -{I wasnt sure if you literally meant 'edge' and I doubt the party would be travelling 4 abreast} start at J2 instead)
    EDIT: Unless Stated Otherwise Lumodol (Familiar Bat) is in passive mode
    Perception at RoadEncounter: 1d20+9 25
    Initiative at RoadEncounter: 1d20+2 4

Aside from the indicated difficult terrain, is there any special terrain (slopes, rocks, cover, etc)?
    - specifically the grey/green shapes on the roadside, are they bushes or rocks?
    How tall is the large structure and does it appear climbable (any ladders, ropes)?
    Is it possible to move under the structure (ie. is it in the tree)?
    Is the structure at E22/F23 a water well?

MidrealmDM on
    Toman Cincer - Dark Pack Warlock
    HP: 18/29 | Surge Value: 7 (7/7) | AP 1/1
    AC 15 | Fort 13 | Ref 15 | Will 16
    Insight: 16 | Perception: 19
    Condition: Concealment until EoMNT, +2 Bonus to all Def until EoMNT
    Darkspiral Aura: 0
    Cursed: Drake, Boss
    Campaign Languages
    Thanks for the questions, I should've been a bit more clear.
    The things to the side of the roads are rocks. The difficult terrain are loose rocks, heading down hill. The structure is pretty tall, although the valley that its in makes it maybe 10-20 feet taller than where you're standing right now.
    There are no ladders or ropes currently to be seen hanging down.
    It is possible to move under it.

The structure at E22/F23 is a hanging gibbet. No one appears to be inside.

edited April 2012
    Snowdown wrote: »
    The things to the side of the roads are rocks.
    Do they provide cover, can they be climbed?

Other nonsense
    The structure at E22/F23 is a hanging gibbet.
    Damn, that is a large gibbet, appear about 8 feet across...
    No one appears to be inside.
    AHA! I figured it out - Invisible Bugbear

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    Rolan is caught off-guard by how beautiful the tree is, and is distracted as he uses his mage hand spell to help him pluck some of the more beautiful red leaves.

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 6
    Perception: 1d20+6 = 10

And he is so engrossed in what he is doing that he has all but shut out the entire world...
    Starting in F-3

A small, brightly colored wooden bead bracelet in her hand, she seems engrossed in an internal dialogue, not quite paying enough attention to her surroundings. Her lips move silently as the beads make a soft click as she moves them one by one.

Perception-4/17: 1d20+3 8
    Initiative-4/17: 1d20+1 14

Start at K4

Condition:
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Amos was mid-pontification on the virtue of readiness when the others stopped suddenly. His body tightened and he became immediately ready to respond to whatever threat was afoot. Unfortunately, he had absolutely no idea what that threat might be.

Perception: 6, I see nothing
    Initiative: 21, but I'm ready for anything
    Rolls
    Start at J4

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    As you approach the structure, one of the men on the platform of the treehouse calls out "Greetings, travelers, you are far from civilization. What business brings you out this way?"

Sorry, guys. As I like to say, RL got REAL for a little bit. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Toman:
    You notice at least one someone seems to be hiding behind the rock cluster that includes H,22 (beside the gibbet)

If no one else is going to do anything...

Rolan waves his hand back in a friendly greeting, "Hello fellow travelers! Tis a fine day wouldn't you say?"

Midrealm is having issues and won't be able to post until the beginning of next week.
    Seeing as I just caused a week pause (I'm sorry guys!) I think we'll just wait for him.

Even though I had you roll initiative, no one has taken any aggressive actions, so we're not in initiative. Sorry. I've got to stop writing my encounters the way I have been, cause they cause confusion when engaging =P So move on....Toman, there's a spoiler for you since you're the only one who made the spot check.

The man up on the treehouse platform calls back "It is, a fine day indeed. Is your party well? These roads aren't safe, you know. Have you managed to make your travel unaccosted?"

edited May 2012
    Toman smiles and calls out, "Helo ffrind, beth yw eich enw?" when the man in the tree does not respond, he continues with thick (and, to his allies, clearly affectatious) elvish accent , "Ah - ywhat is eiyour name, friend? And eiyes, ywe are ywell and safe, A ydym yn anwybyddu'r dyn y tu ôl i'r graig? - Have eiyou heard of any dangers on these roads?"

Toman casually steps into the middle of the road, in front of Amos and spreads arms in a show of friendship giving a slight, almost hidden gesture toward Enza to hold her position.

Elvish
    Hello my friend, what is your name?
    -
    Are we to ignore the man behind the rock?

Actions
    Move: Move to J5
    Standard: Ready Action - Warlock's Curse in response to any one making an aggressive action toward us (attack, charge, coming within 10 squares with weapon drawn or implement at the ready, etc)
    (readied actions trigger as an Immediate Reaction to the triggering action)

Bluff to convincingly fake being bad at common tongue, seem unknowing of hidden figure, secret signal to Enza
    Bluff vs Possible Bandit: 1d20+9 15
    Opposed Check: Against a target’s passive Insight, or against the target’s Insight check if it is actively trying to see through the deception. A creature can make the check against multiple targets at once, opposing the passive Insight of each target with a single Bluff check.

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
    Enza rolls her eyes and grinds her teeth in frustration, yet carefully maintains an otherwise neutral expression.

She mutters quietly, in common, "I sure wish I could understand whatever damn language you people keep talking in..."

Condition:
    Rolan laughs and claps Toman on the back, whispering "Pa ddyn, tu ôl i'r hyn graig?" , speaking loud enough for the people down the road to hear "That's a shame to hear the roads aren't as safe as before. I'd hate to have such a fine day ruined by needless bloodshed"

Elvish
    What man, behind what rock?

Insight check to see if these people want just our money, or our lives:
    Also going to use Ghost Sounds to whisper to Amos and Enza that Toman spotted a man hiding behind the rock

edited May 2012
    Suddenly, and without warning for most of you the Humanoid up on the platform yells out “Kill them all! Whoever kills the last one gets the girl. First.” He hops into action, rushing down a circular staircase that previously appeared to be part of the tree trunk.

Map:
    Light: Bright Light (Sunlight)7158208410_305beb54df_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    Warcaster- HP ??/??, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 14
    Amos- HP 25/25, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 12, Will 17 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Soldier- HP ??/??, AC 18, Fort 18, Ref 14, Will 14
    Cultist Archer- HP ??/??, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 13
    Enza- HP 33/33, AC 22, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 11/11 (8) AP 1/1
    Bandit Archer- HP ??/??, AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 11
    Bandit Archer2- HP ??/??, AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 11
    Bandit Archer3- HP ??/??, AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 11
    Rolan- HP 20/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 6/6 AP 1/1
    Toman- HP 24/24, AC 14, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 7/7 AP 1/1
    Combat Actions:
    Amos is up. Rolan, they want your life. However now you don't need an insight check to know that. Since Toman and the entire other side had readied actions, I'm canceling everything out and going straight into initiative. Everyone is aware there is someone hiding ahead, although Toman was the only one who sees them.

Snowdown on
    Enza says in common, "Hear that Toman? They think you're a girl..."

Condition:
    "No, Clearly they were referring to Amos, he's the pretty one."

Campaign Languages
    edited May 2012
    From behind a large boulder next to the hanging gibbet, a man wearing scaled armor stands up. Setting a heavy crossbow to his shoulder he lets fly a thick bolt. From above on the platform, an archer launches an arrow at your group. Both projectiles fly harmlessly above your heads.

Map:
    Light: Bright Light (Sunlight)7158208410_305beb54df_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    Bandit Archer- HP ??/??, AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 11
    Bandit Archer2- HP ??/??, AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 11
    Bandit Archer3- HP ??/??, AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 11
    Combat Actions:
    Human Soldier vs Toman AC: 1d20+4 = 13 MISS
    Cultist Archer vs Toman AC: 1d20+7 = 11 MISS
    Amos is up, Enza is on Deck, and then the three Bandit Archers go. A Human Soldier located at H 23 is visible to everyone now. (Map is not updated)

Snowdown on
    edited May 2012
    - Since Snowdown asked me to play Amos through this first battle....

Amos advances down the road scoffing as the arrows fly overhead. "Common bandits such as yourselves won't lay hands on anyone under the protection of a Magistrate of Amaunator!" He shouts toward the bandits as he glowers in their direction. His blonde hair ripples majestically in the breeze as he adds in a somewhat softer voice, "Even if they do happen to serve the Broken god, Ilmater."

Actions
    Move - Move (walk) to H9
    Standard - Ready (as immediate interrupt) Gaze of Defiance to attack the first enemy that he can see that is within 5 squares of him.
    Minor - Act Superior to everyone and draw/wield Crossbow

Gaze of Defiance (If triggered)
    Gaze of Defiance vs Will: 1d20+6 25 1d8+4 8 psychic damage, and your allies gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls against the target until the end of your next turn.
    If the target attacks you before the end of your next turn, the bonus increases to +3.

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
    Enza's eyes narrow as she stares daggers into the cleric's back. In a quiet voice, just loud enough for him to hear, "Disrespect me, not my God, Magistrate. Or we will have problems." Something ripples under her skin, distorting her stoney expression briefly. "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. I don't even like myself then."

"Time to earn my keep," she says with a heavy sigh, lifting her shield and clanking ahead.
    Double move to K13, try to get some cover against the enemy at F24
    Active spot check for any other enemies Perception 5/21: 1d20+3 23

Condition:
    edited May 2012
    A handful of Archers appear at the closest lip of the raised platform. Pulling their bows taut, they launch a rain of missiles from above before kneeling down, using their vantage point to provide cover. Two of the arrows strike true and Amos begins to look like a porcupine as the others plant themselves firmly into the ground.

Map:
    Light: Bright Light (Sunlight)7249012824_aaff3fd66b_h.jpg
    Initiative:
    Bandit Archer- HP ??/??, AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 11 (Modified AC 20, Fort 17, Ref 18, Will 15)
    Bandit Archer1- HP ??/??, AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 11(Modified AC 20, Fort 17, Ref 18, Will 15)
    Bandit Archer2- HP ??/??, AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 11(Modified AC 20, Fort 17, Ref 18, Will 15)
    Bandit Archer3 - HP ??/??, AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 11(Modified AC 20, Fort 17, Ref 18, Will 15)
    Combat Actions:
    Archer vs Amos- 1d20+7=24 HIT 3 Damage
    Archer1 vs Amos- 1d20+7=13 MISS
    Archer2 vs Amos- 1d20+7=20 HIT 3 Damage
    Archer3 vs Amos- 1d20+7=9 MISS
    Rolan is up, Toman is on deck, and then we return to the top of Initiative with the Warcaster.

Snowdown on
    edited May 2012
    Actually Rolan is up...

Amos looks a bit offended as Enza returns comment, "I didn't intend any... Arghh!" With his comment cut short by the rain of arrows, his attention turns firmly back to the bandits.

Also Amos revised (2nd level) stats
    HP: 23/29 | Surge Value: 7 (8/8) | AP 1/1
    AC 17 | Fort 13 | Ref 13 | Will 18
    Insight: 20 | Perception: 15

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
    edited May 2012
    Rolan blinks his eyes for a second as he sees the Paladin races across the battlefield. He lets out a long slow sigh as he contemplates the energy it must take to do all that running and swinging of heavy weapons. Still, after seeing Amos get hit my multiple arrows perhaps moving quickly isn't such a silly notion...so...quickly Rolan moves South stopping behind the boulder for protection, as he leans out he focuses his energies on one of the archers and fires a blue bolt of energy in his direction. It hits him directly in the chest with a solid thump!
    Move to K8
    Standard: Magic Missile: 2 + int modifier = 6 force damage to Bandit Archer in G-26

Crimson Phantom on
    edited May 2012
    Toman is startled by the near misses that almost struck him as his allies burst into action. "Famfath!" He darts up the road after his allies, shadows clinging to him like a heavy fog. "Wouldn't it make more sense to run away from our imminent death?". Peering over Enza's shoulder he shouts, "по бородатий куль Вельзевул" sending an almost invisible purple wisp to encircle the nearest bandit as he readies a heavily pitted and scarred rod of iron.

Elvish
    Vulgar insulting slang from the word fam (mother) and the forementioned slang 'fath' from the elvish cyfathrach.
    Roughly translates as, 'one who has intercourse with their own mother'

Dark Speech
    "By the Bearded Balls of Beelzebub"

Actions
    Move: Move (run) to K12 (Activates Shadow Walk class feature)
    Minor: Warlock's Curse nearest enemy (Soldier at H23)
    Standard (as minor): Draw Ironscar Rod +1

Conditions:
    Granting Combat Advantage (From Run) until SoMNT
    Suffering -5 Attack rolls (From Run) until SoMNT
    Gain Concealment (From Shadow walk) until EoMNT

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
    edited May 2012
    "Clearly, I will need to learn more languages to understand you at times where my ASS IS IN DANGER", she screams the last part at Torman as she flattens against the rock.

"And its not imminent, well at least not yours. You have the sense to take cover unlike blondie over there", as she jerks her head in Amos' direction.

Mint Julep on
    Condition:
    edited May 2012
    The Hobgoblin on the ridge of the ravine that separates you takes cover behind the thick trunk of the hanging gibbet, and waits.

Map:
    Light: Bright Light (Sunlight)7253040220_6ebc89097e_h.jpg
    Initiative:
    Amos- HP 29/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 18 Surges 8/8 (7) AP 1/1
    Soldier- HP ??/??, AC 18, Fort 18, Ref 14, Will 14 Marked by Enza
    Bandit Archer- HP ??/??, AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 11 (Modified AC 20, Fort 17, Ref 18, Will 15)
    Bandit Archer1- HP ??/??, AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 11(Modified AC 20, Fort 17, Ref 18, Will 15)
    Bandit Archer2- HP ??/??, AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 11(Modified AC 20, Fort 17, Ref 18, Will 15)
    Bandit Archer3 - HP ??/??, AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 11(Modified AC 20, Fort 17, Ref 18, Will 15)
    Rolan- HP 24/24, AC 15, Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17 Surges 6/6 (6) AP 1/1
    Toman- HP 29/29, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 16 Surges 7/7 (7) AP 1/1
    Combat Actions:
    NONE
    Amos is up, then the Soldier.

Snowdown on
    edited May 2012
    Amos grimaces, "Perhaps the direct approach was not the wisest." Wincing at his wounds Amos darts forward hugging the rocky outcropping on the north side of the road. "If these ruffians refuse to recognize my authority, perhaps a more direct approach is warranted." He loads his crossbow and fires hastily at one of the archers, the shot flying wide and embedding in one of the tree's branches. "Blast!" he exclaims with a frown of obvious frustration.

Actions:
    Move (walk) to G-13
    Minor: Load Crossbow
    Standard: Ranged Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+4 10 1d8+1 8
    - Miss against Bandit Archer at H-26

BTW - Soldier- HP ??/??, AC 18, Fort 18, Ref 14, Will 14 Marked by Enza
    should be 'Cursed by Toman' instead of 'Marked by Enza' (unless I missed where she marked it, in either case it should still be cursed)

Amos- HP 23/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 18 Surges 8/8 (7) AP 1/1

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
    edited May 2012
    The soldier takes level and sends a bolt screaming past Amos before backing towards the raised platform. One of the Archers from up on the platform takes aim at Toman and sends a particularly thick shafted arrow down from above to strike him solidly. With a light heart he jests, "Don't mar the wench, men. She'll be more fun if she's warm and has a little fight left in her!"

Map:
    Light: Bright Light (Sunlight)7256601650_a2c4fd4441_h.jpg
    Initiative:
    Amos- HP 23/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 18 Surges 8/8 (7) AP 1/1
    Soldier- HP ??/??, AC 18, Fort 18, Ref 14, Will 14 Cursed by Toman
    Toman- HP 17/29, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 16 Surges 7/7 (7) AP 1/1
    Combat Actions:
    Soldier Crossbow vs Amos AC: 1d20+6 = 15 MISS (barely)
    Cultist Archer vs Toman AC: 1d20+9 = 25-2 (concealment) 23 HIT for 12 Damage
    Enza is up, then Archer 1 2 3

Snowdown on
    edited May 2012
    Looks over Toman's wound with a worried expression, debating silently what to do. She glances helplessly at her empty hands, down at her still sheathed sword, then back to Toman. She bites her bottom lip in thought, then moves toward Toman.

"Need to fix you up a bit. Can't have you taking many of those. This..might hurt. Sorry," she smiles apologetically. Brilliant crimson flames envelope her hands as she gently places them around the protruding arrow, staunching some of the bloodflow and pulling the shaft out.

"Get those bastards on the platform, " she mutters, moving toward the structure.
    Minor - Lay on Hands Torman, get back HPs as if you spent a healing surge
    Move+Standard - (from K13 to I22)–L14 – L15 – L16 – M17-L18-K19 -J20-J21-I22

Mint Julep on
    Condition:
    (Just a FYI, the Warcaster came down some stairs that encircle the trunk, leading up to the platform. So you don't necessarily have to CLIMB. This was part of the first action, sorry if it wasn't clear)

edited May 2012
    As Enza approaches, the Warcaster points his staff from his place up on the hillock above her, shooting out a line of arcing energy. The bolt strikes the ground at Enza's feet. The cadre of archers atop the platform lower bows and let loose a flight of arrows. Two of the three strike home, leaving Amos and Toman resembling porcupines a bit more.

Map:
    Light: Bright Light (Sunlight)7256601650_a2c4fd4441_h.jpg
    Initiative:
    Amos- HP 20/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 18 Surges 8/8 (7) AP 1/1
    Toman- HP 21/29, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 16 Surges 6/7 (7) AP 1/1
    Combat Actions:
    Warcaster: Readied Shock Staff vs Enza AC: 1d20+8: 12 MISS
    Archer1 vs Amos AC: 1d20+11: 18 HIT 3 Damage
    Archer2 vs Toman AC: 1d20+9-2(Concealment): 18 HIT 3 Damage
    Archer1 vs Amos AC: 1d20+9: 11 MISS
    Rolan is Up, Toman is on Deck

Snowdown on
    If anyone uses goggles (midrealmdm suggested it, i'll have him put a post on the OOC forum -- I've used goggles to move enza to I, 22

edited May 2012
    Rolan runs as fast as he can towards the middle of the battlefield, ignoring the odd looks he's getting as he rushes past Amos and Toman! Skidding to a dead stop he holds out an arm and turns his palm face up. Letting the mystical energies gather in his palm he waits until it forms a small sphere and crushes it causing a might explosion. All of a sudden the platform the archers have been firing upon is lite ablaze as it is engulfed in magical flames.
    Move: Run to H-16
    Standard: Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation on G-26:
    1d20+5-5 (for running) = 14 vs reflex (Cultist Archer) Miss!
    1d20+5-5 (for running) = 3 vs reflex (Bandit Archer 2) Miss
    1d20+5-5 (for running) = 10 vs reflex (Bandit Archer 1) Miss
    1d20+5-5 (for running) = 7 vs reflex (Bandit Archer 3) Miss!
    For 1d6+4 = 5 fire damage, each enemy that starts it's turn there or enters the zone takes 2 fire damage.

Conditions:
    Grants combat advantage [running]
    AoE present until EoMNT

Also I didn't see anything about enza moving when I turned on goggles. And I added a box around where the AoE I dropped is. I'd be happy to know if other people can see it

Crimson Phantom on
    edited May 2012
    Toman opens his mouth to to speak but Enza dashes away, followed by Rolan. Seeing his ally in action, Toman grins at the burning platform and then hurries up the road, "Prodigious placement of your pyrotechnics". Cursing under his breath, the young warlock attempts to lock his gaze with that of the warcaster, but finds the enemy too crafty.

Actions
    Move: (Walk) to J18 - sustaining Shadow Walk concealment until EoMNT
    Minor: Curse Warcaster *
    Standard: Spiteful Glamor vs Will (Warcaster): 1d20+5 6 Miss

* Warlock's curse is not limited in number - can have multiple curses, both Soldier and Warcaster cursed

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
    edited May 2012
    Amos continues his advance while loading his crossbow, "Never fear my allies, for with the might of Amaunator I shall lead us to victory." He fires another bolt wide into the tree, "Már megvan, hogy a rohadt viccelsz!" Amos curses as he flings the bow to the ground, his speech slipping back into his native Chandothan, something he does when especially annoyed, despite the fact that he considered the language 'low.'

Actions
    Move: (walk) to I18
    Minor: Reload Bow
    Standard: Ranged Basic Attack vs Bandit Archer: 1d20+4 8Miss

Amos- HP 20/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 18 Surges 8/8 (7) AP 1/1
    I don't think I am capturing Amos as well as Smoove did...

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
    I don't think your being pompous enough lol.

edited May 2012
    I don't think your being pompous enough lol.
    He had a way of coming off as pompous, and still clueless that everyone around him viewed him as an arrogant ass.

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
    edited May 2012
    The Hobgoblin Warcaster jumps down off of the hillock/rock that he was perched atop, landing a few steps away from Enza, amongst the middle of the team. He slams his staff into the ground and a shockwave erupts from him sending most of the party flying back, and onto their backsides. The armored figure follows, dropping his crossbow and drawing a wicked looking flail, while jumping down the rock face and stepping between the group and the Warcaster. One of the archers on the platform launches an arrow that pierces Rolan wickedly through the leg.

Map:
    Light: Bright Light (Sunlight)7267338964_41ea2d3ede_h.jpg
    Initiative:
    Amos- HP 7/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 18 Surges 8/8 (7) AP 1/1 bloodiedProne
    Warcaster- HP ??/??, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 14Cursed by Toman
    Enza- HP [COLOR="yellow]"25[/color]/33, AC 22, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 11/11 (8) AP 1/1Prone
    Rolan- HP 12/24, AC 15, Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17 Surges 6/6 (6) AP 1/1bloodied
    Toman- HP 13/29, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 16 Surges 6/7 (7) AP 1/1bloodiedProne
    Combat Actions:
    Rolls: http://orokos.com/roll/71618 http://orokos.com/roll/71619 http://orokos.com/roll/71622 http://orokos.com/roll/71623
    Hobgoblin Warcaster: Move-Jump down to H20
    Recharge Shock Staff: 4, recharges
    Force Pulse vs Amos(Ref): 1d20+7=20 HIT 13 Damage pushed 1 sq to I,17 & knocked Prone
    Force Pulse vs Enza(Ref): 1d20+7=21 HIT 8 Damage pushed 1 sq to I,23 & knocked Prone
    Force Pulse vs Toman(Ref): 1d20+7=25 HIT 8 Damage pushed 1 sq to J,17 & knocked Prone
    Force Pulse vs Rolan(Ref): 1d20+7 = 12 MISS
    Soldier: Free; drop Crossbow, Minor: Draw Flail, Standard: Ready Shield, Move-Jump down to I ,19
    Cultist Archer vs Rolan AC: 1d20+9 =HIT 12 Damage
    Enza is Up, Then Bandit Archer 1,2,3 then meet the new members of your cast

Snowdown on