As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Just bought Risen 2 retail.
    Can't get my DLC code for Treasure Island to you know.. Work.

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    So Swords and Sworcery has fantastic art and sound, and it's neat just running around the little pseudo-Zelda world as things change and people and animals and unspeakable horrors go about their lives. It's a little bit lacking in game, but as a weird running around hidden picture storybook thing, I like it a lot.

But it needs to either magically make my laptop screen touchable, or get a bit of a control scheme update. Badly. Right now I'm investigating ways to stream things onto my little Android tablet so I can play it as it's meant to be played.

• VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    So Swords and Sworcery has fantastic art and sound, and it's neat just running around the little pseudo-Zelda world as things change and people and animals and unspeakable horrors go about their lives. It's a little bit lacking in game, but as a weird running around hidden picture storybook thing, I like it a lot.

But it needs to either magically make my laptop screen touchable, or get a bit of a control scheme update. Badly. Right now I'm investigating ways to stream things onto my little Android tablet so I can play it as it's meant to be played.

Yeah, as great as it is that more people can play it now, it's still first and foremost a tablet game. Such is the nature of ports.

steam_sig.png
  • oluapoluap Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Keep us informed if you ever find a way. I tried some of the streaming apps but they don't really work well.

• cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    Paragon is a classy fellow for gifting me Torchlight! Thanks man!

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    @.tripwire. @joshgotro
    Did either of you find a 4pack buddy yet? Cause counting me there's 3 of us.

steam_sig.png
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Thanks again to @testsubject23 for the gift of Evochron Mercenary. I'm hoping to see a nebula in the shape of a classy crab. If not, I'll just become a freelancing monocle trader.

steam_sig.png
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Thank you @Harvest! I went from Avernum's store page to installing Avernum, missing an important step in between. I'm not really sure what I'm in for, but I've been assured it will kill me many times, and sometimes that's enough.

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    @.tripwire. @joshgotro

@tripwire @Tofystedeath

We need one more. Who doesn't want this game?

Man, Risen 2 runs like horse shit.
    And oh man, the texture pop in.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    How does it run compared to the original?

edited April 2012
    I don't have the first installed to do a comparison.
    From memory the first one ran decently until you got in to the first town.

Rizzi on
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    New Sega classics collection incoming shortly with:

211201 Dynamite Headdy 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211202 Golden Axe 3 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211203 Phantasy Star 2 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211204 Phantasy Star 3 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211205 Phantasy Star 4 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211206 Streets of Rage 3 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211207 The Revenge of the Shinobi 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211208 Vectorman 2 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211209 Wonder Boy in Monster World

Those are just what's in the registry as of the update so might include a few more. But still, finally adding Phantasy Star games is a plus.

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    @.tripwire. @joshgotro

@tripwire @Tofystedeath

4 pack of torchlight 2?

Yes sir. Brings the price to $15 a person.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    @.tripwire. @joshgotro

@tripwire @Tofystedeath

4 pack of torchlight 2?

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I'll go in for a Torchlight 2 4-pack.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Looking for a Portal 2 co-op noob for a first time playthrough. (We'll I did the first 30 min of co-op). Most playtime would be week days in the AM PST, like around the time it is now.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    The other day I posted about Steam seemingly causing bluescreens on the computer I'm borrowing while my own one is broken. That seems to have stopped, so that's good.

Looking for a Portal 2 co-op noob for a first time playthrough. (We'll I did the first 30 min of co-op). Most playtime would be week days in the AM PST, like around the time it is now.

Ooh, ooh! Pick me!

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

Ooh, ooh! Pick me!

Sounds good. Wanna start on Monday?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Torchlight is fun so far. I like the art style so much better than the art of Diablo. I'm a level 6 or so BowandArrow girl.

camo_sig2.png
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Torchlight is fun so far. I like the art style so much better than the art of Diablo. I'm a level 6 or so BowandArrow girl.

Torchlight has got some nasty balance bugs in the later levels though. Really ruined the game for me. Supposedly there are some mods out there that fix the problem, but many of the mod sites aren't maintained anymore.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)

Ooh, ooh! Pick me!

Sounds good. Wanna start on Monday?

Sure thing.

• ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Hmm, I've never done the co-op bit in Portal 2 yet. I should get onto that when I've got some time. And a microphone.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Hmm, I've never done the co-op bit in Portal 2 yet. I should get onto that when I've got some time. And a microphone.

A Mic probably helps but it's fine without, they give you some great tools for pointing out what the other player needs to do

steam_sig.png
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Mics are great for arguing with your coop partner about who goes into the spiky death maze and who stands outside to operate the button for said spiky death maze, until you both decide to roshambo that shit.

Rock-paper-scissors is sacred. Its divine outcome is law.

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I've played Portal 2 Co-Op both with and without Mics, and I gotta say, the mic-less version is a whole other experience. Trying to convey your "Ah-HAH!" moment is a game itself.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    rikdaly wrote: »
    Shimshai wrote: »

A Mic probably helps but it's fine without, they give you some great tools for pointing out what the other player needs to do

Yeah, a friend of mine and I played through the whole thing without using our mics. Not even sure why, because we regularly played games like L4D and TF2 using Skype.

SteevL on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    On the subject of Portal co-op, I need a buddy as well. I've never done it.

Steam: offday
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Sorry to do this but:
    Company of Heroes (vanilla): beat the campaign on normal. Damn fine game, but boy can the level design and pathfinding AI make you livid. Though only in the much later levels. That Mortain level gave me motion sickness, going from up and down, left and right, bleh. Also, in the last level, your allies are sure as shit not Polish or Canadian. They're about as Polish and Canadian as Goku was Japanese in DBZ: Evolution.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I actually want to do the portal 2 co-op as well... but I won't really have the free time till after finals week/commencement so in two weeks I will be back for to coop

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Hit me up whenever I'm online for portal 2 co-op. I've yet to play it too and I'm willing to be the one who jumps into the death traps.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    @anoffday shows just how classy of a t-rexCrocodile? he is by gifting me serious sam 3 deluxe out of nowhere. Just having a conversation about portal 2 and BAM classy gift popups. <3

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    @anoffday shows just how classy of a t-rexCrocodile? he is by gifting me serious sam 3 deluxe out of nowhere. Just having a conversation about portal 2 and BAM classy gift popups. <3

Sir, you need to play Super Mario RPG.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

Ive repeatedly played it, but even named Croco, it looks like a t-rex. When I was younger I always thought it was a t-rex. I dont remember why, its been a long time since Ive played.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

haha. We were just having that debate. In his defense he does look like a T-Rex. And I always called him an aligator, so technically I don't think I'm right either.

All I know is, don't let his looks deceive you. He may wear a classy top hat, but he's out for your frog coins.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular

Ive repeatedly played it, but even named Croco, it looks like a t-rex. When I was younger I always thought it was a t-rex. I dont remember why, its been a long time since Ive played.

You are forgiven, then. :) It read like you were trying to guess based on the avatar.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Binary Domain came out today. I know it's a sale title for most of you (just like... every game is, I guess) but check it out when it does go on sale. Really solid third person shooter with procedural damage and enemies that change behavior based on that damage, cheesy-yet-endearing characters, science fiction "some robots look like humans!" story. Trust with your team members is built through dialogue commands and your in battle performance/commands, they'll trust you more if you do good and command intelligently, less if you are a moron. It can all be done by straight up voice commands but I don't recommend it, it's easier to just turn off voice and issue commands with Tab. Neat system, could be a lot more done with it if this weren't a budget title. The game is already 39 bucks so it should be rather cheap during the inevitable Sega sale.

Also Big Bo is probably character of the year already.

Are you the magic man?
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Last change dawgs!

signature.png

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Is it just me or did the guy from Risen 2 time travel to the future to also star in Binary Domain?

This discussion has been closed.