As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ceci n'est pas une webcomic thread

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

I don't like to be a negative nelly when it comes to webcomics

but this looks like a small child's science fair project

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I figured out where I left off

now I just have to read it all

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    oh and Jack's totally in love with Zimmy

relevant??

I thought he was joking about that

is he

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    new Dr. Mcninja is pretty nsfw due to a child's head exploding. so uhhhhh yeah.

man. Not even sure how it's okay that a kid gets killed like that in a comedy-based comic. that's awful

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

relevant??

is he

maybe?

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    GOPqe.jpg

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    http://boohooboo.tumblr.com/post/21920211160
    i’m selling my two worn-out old laptops on ebay. a big one here, and a small one here. i will only be removing financial information from these computers. all music, video files, writing, failed projects and abandoned comics will stay on them.

if you are willing to navigate their jumbled and confusing directory trees you could find such things as valentines i’ve made, a text file i’ve used for my to-do lists and personal notes for 2-3 years, high res versions of all my comics, terrible music i’ve recorded etc. these are kind of strange/personal things for you to buy and if you buy them feel free to do something strange with the files on them.

i'd buy an only john campbell laptop

EzUAYcn.png
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »

man. Not even sure how it's okay that a kid gets killed like that in a comedy-based comic. that's awful

yeah pretty much. i was just reading an interview with dude the other day about how he wants to keep the comic pg13

i think that ship may have just sailed though

• AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular

relevant??

is he

maybe?
    Seemed pretty serious to me.
    00000942.jpg

it is

EzUAYcn.png
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    i could not stand A Wrinkle in Time

but i read it for the first time when i was like 20 so that's probably why

ditto.
    but I enjoy a lot of children's literature even now so I'm not pinning it on an age thing necessarily. I didn't like it on a lot of levels, and I don't think I would have been much of a fan when I was younger either.

edited April 2012

yeah pretty much. i was just reading an interview with dude the other day about how he wants to keep the comic pg13

i think that ship may have just sailed though

Isn't Hunger Games PG-13?

SabreMau on
    1.PNG

• WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    more exploding children plz

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Eh, that exploding head wasn't anything worse than what we regularly get in PA.

And really by 13 I had been playing Doom for like... five years?

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    t8tTF.jpg

i skipped the age of 13

EzUAYcn.png
    edited April 2012
    The issue is it is a kid, and it's implied that he's dead forever. I've never seen anything like that in PA

This is me
    helen-lovejoy-pic.jpg

HugmasterGeneral on
    When I turned 13, Doom was still four months away from first release to the BBS and FTP servers.

when i turned 13 and moving fast nothing slowed me down, oh slowed me down

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That's a pretty slapstick exploding head. Plus, children needs their heads exploded more than adults, it's good for the spine

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    When I turned 13 we were beta testing basketball.

OH WHAAAT

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    The issue is it is a kid, and it's implied that he's dead forever. I've never seen anything like that in PA

lookouts

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Enc wrote: »

I didn't know you were 133 years old

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    It was established that there were a lot of dick kids at that school. So it was probably a dick kid?

Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Enc wrote: »

I didn't know you were 133 years old

It was far too short a time to post with such admirable forumers.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you as much as you deserve.

I don't see how offhandedly wasting some teenager is shocking but offhandedly wasting an adult is totally fine. Like is there a stark border at 18 years of age, past which you can be murdered to humorous effect?

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

And, really. Can anyone truly be shocked anymore? There are far worse things than this on prime time movie trailers.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    217500724_TJ6yX-L-2.jpg

this is pretty much the same visual gag

DarkPrimus wrote: »
    It was established that there were a lot of dick kids at that school. So it was probably a dick kid?

i didnt know you hung out around that part of pixiv

edited April 2012
    Rolo wrote: »
    217500724_TJ6yX-L-2.jpg

Alive in the very next strip

Hobnail wrote: »
    I don't see how offhandedly wasting some teenager is shocking but offhandedly wasting an adult is totally fine. Like is there a stark border at 18 years of age, past which you can be murdered to humorous effect?

Yes, actually

Also, in treehouse of horror, kids die all the time. Because it's a gag episode, and that's fine. In that DrMcN, it's being used as a dramatic story device.

Kids die in manga all the time. It happened in Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done.

I just don't like it, is all.

HugmasterGeneral on
    The PA one is at least going for humorous effect. The McNinja one seems to have less comedic value.

edited April 2012
    Rolo wrote: »
    217500724_TJ6yX-L-2.jpg
    Hobnail wrote: »

Yes, actually

Well that's damned peculiar, son. 'Scuse me while I watch some children get mangled by a huge guy with a machete.

Hobnail on

• AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    It's very black comedy, and it's hardly worse than Homestuck's decapitations

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
    Point is to make a horrible villain not really taken seriously this chapter into a credible threat. It does so well.

I'm not saying that everything should have schoolkids heads popping left and right, but it isn't exactly the most horrid thing ever, or really all that unusual in the larger scale of things.

And maybe the forums server will be completely shut down so they can get all the clocks, watches, and timepieces aligned before being bringing it back up?

such a frivolous argument taking place on the same page where ive posted the latest update of starfighter

im starting to suspect that you folks dont care very much about starfighter at all!

Also, didn't some guy a couple pages ago get strapped to a skateboard and immolated and pushed onto an elaborate trick course, trailing flames and screams of agony? Was that cool?

s77lS.png
    tmYh0.png

This discussion has been closed.