As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PS Vita] 2.0: PS1 support is a go (unless you live in North America and don't own a PS3)

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So, question. I've got Dissidia Duodecim all nice and playable on my Vita, but for whatever reason I cannot see the add-ons (like the extra costumes) I had on the PSP. Can't pull them on the PSN on the Vita, either. Do they simply not work or is there some trick I have to use in order to get them on my Vita?

(Also, I had Lightning's extra costume from getting that Aya code in 3rd Birthday, but can't find the case to re-enter the code. Is there a way to transfer/find this info from the PSP?)

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    I'm not that into fighting games, so I'm not sure what the standard is for 3D fighters, but considering the smaller screen size, it doesn't look too bad, and appears to run pretty fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0YtqOzM7bE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT3jnSnT8rE

I want it to look good, I'm hoping the detractors are wrong, but I'm just being cautious. The reason being that I've read from people that have played the game at events that it does not look too hot in person, and I've also read a couple articles deconstructing the graphics and pointing out vast deficiencies. I also posted a couple of screenshots a few pages back that looked PSP level. I really hope it's all just BS cause I want the game.

As much as I'd hate to say it, I wouldn't be completely surprised if this were true.

To be fair, there are plenty of games that look like ass in screenshots but awesome on the Vita's screen so unless you're watching the trailer on the Vita itself, it's pretty hard to tell what it'll look like. But yeah, those screens posted a while ago were pretty awful.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Can't you pass it with force? I've never gotten that far in a Disgaea game, but I would think if you are lvl 500 you have surpassed most of the voters. Maybe just keep trying until you get a bunch of low level voters, and then force it?

If you plan to force it make sure you get one high level voter on side. Then when you force it throw the nay-sayers on him to merge them. As long as the nay-sayer is the lower level of the two the result of the combination will still be voting Aye.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

I'm not that into fighting games, so I'm not sure what the standard is for 3D fighters, but considering the smaller screen size, it doesn't look too bad, and appears to run pretty fast.

I want it to look good, I'm hoping the detractors are wrong, but I'm just being cautious. The reason being that I've read from people that have played the game at events that it does not look too hot in person, and I've also read a couple articles deconstructing the graphics and pointing out vast deficiencies. I also posted a couple of screenshots a few pages back that looked PSP level. I really hope it's all just BS cause I want the game.

As much as I'd hate to say it, I wouldn't be completely surprised if this were true.

To be fair, there are plenty of games that look like ass in screenshots but awesome on the Vita's screen so unless you're watching the trailer on the Vita itself, it's pretty hard to tell what it'll look like. But yeah, those screens posted a while ago were pretty awful.

Well I'm going to throw myself on that grenade for you guys, and buy the game tomorrow morning. I'll come back and let you guys know how it looks.

Also I'm watching a video preview right now where a developer states "infrastructure and ad-hoc", but like I said earlier I had the damn box in my hand and it only said infrastructure. So I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Well I'm going to throw myself on that grenade for you guys, and buy the game tomorrow morning. I'll come back and let you guys know how it looks.

Also I'm watching a video preview right now where a developer states "infrastructure and ad-hoc", but like I said earlier I had the damn box in my hand and it only said infrastructure. So I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Could have been a mistake. Certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • BountyHunterBountyHunter Registered User regular

Let us know how it is.. Mortal Kombat is one of the titles i really want. it has been years since i played my last one.

D3: iNaddict#1252
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/iNaddict
    PSN: iNaddict
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ah ha ha ha ha ha.

It actually gets worse.

(Corpse Party Chapter 5)
    I have never been so happy to see an ax-wielding abomination than I was to finally see that horrible piece of shit get his comeuppance.

I hope he's still alive so he can get knocked around even more.

There's also a scene that is both well done for being an actual human response to a situation like this, and also hilarious in hindsight:

"We managed to escape the cursed school, but we have to go back and help all our friends! Come on!"

"What?

No.

Fuck you.

No."

"Fine! I'll go by myself!"

(minutes later)

".....holy shit, what was I thinking?"

Professor Snugglesworth on

On a side-note, it baffles my mind that they still use the infrastructure and ad-hoc terms at all. If anything, they're far more confusing than just 'online' and 'local' so what the hell is the point of having them at all?

• WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »
    Can't you pass it with force? I've never gotten that far in a Disgaea game, but I would think if you are lvl 500 you have surpassed most of the voters. Maybe just keep trying until you get a bunch of low level voters, and then force it?

If you plan to force it make sure you get one high level voter on side. Then when you force it throw the nay-sayers on him to merge them. As long as the nay-sayer is the lower level of the two the result of the combination will still be voting Aye.

I got tired of loading and reloading in an attempt to get a high level voter on my side. At 26%, most of the voters are Naysayers... and some of them are over level 1500. No way I can beat them, and they are higher level than the people on my side. I guess I'll play in the item world for now until the votes improve (if ever).

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »

I got tired of loading and reloading in an attempt to get a high level voter on my side. At 26%, most of the voters are Naysayers... and some of them are over level 1500. No way I can beat them, and they are higher level than the people on my side. I guess I'll play in the item world for now until the votes improve (if ever).

Just work on stockpiling their preferred items. It's much quicker then trying to somehow outlevel then majority.

steam_sig.png

On a side-note, it baffles my mind that they still use the infrastructure and ad-hoc terms at all. If anything, they're far more confusing than just 'online' and 'local' so what the hell is the point of having them at all?

Consistency and/or stupidity.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Wow, and jump on a grenade I most certainly did. The graphics are simply put.. disappointing. Not bad, per se, but no where near the capabilities of the system, and a joke when looked at side by side with the other fighter on the system, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. I've only played for a few minutes, just did a practice mode to check out the graphics, and did a couple of fatalities. The poly count has been eviscerated making some parts of the characters look weirdly angular, texture quality is lower, and the characters have a bit of aliasing going on, which on a screen this small makes them look slightly blurry at times. The graphical disparity is even more apparent in the x-ray moves that have just been lowered in quality by an insane amount. Some characters look worse than others.

So far this really just looks like a decent looking Xbox 1 title to me. This really explains why they showed off the game the way they did leading up to release, nearly zero screenshots, and all video was either quick (non full screen) cuts in trailers, or cam footage of people playing it. Also I just checked an old trailer and they purposefully misrepresented the graphics of the game in various ways. I'm going to keep the game, not like I have a choice, and enjoy it, but graphically I feel insulted and bamboozled. NetherRealm I expected more, you were capable of more, and so is this system. You guys just went for the cheap lazy cash in.

Edit: It also seems like I was exactly right, and this explains precisely why they didn't have a single screen of the actual game on the back of the BOX, you know the one place you'd expect to see pictures of the game, pictures that you use to sell people on it!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Sucks that it is such a disappointment. I saw it was on sale of $5 off and was tempted to pick it up. Thanks for posting your review it saved me some money.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Sucks that it is such a disappointment. I saw it was on sale of $5 off and was tempted to pick it up. Thanks for posting your review it saved me some money.

I'm not saying not to get it, I just gave a first impression from a purely graphical standpoint. It is still the same game that was awesome on consoles, just a lazy (graphically) port of it. If graphics aren't a big deal then still go ahead and pick it up.

Wow, and jump on a grenade I most certainly did. The graphics are simply put.. disappointing. Not bad, per se, but no where near the capabilities of the system, and a joke when looked at side by side with the other fighter on the system, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. I've only played for a few minutes, just did a practice mode to check out the graphics, and did a couple of fatalities. The poly count has been eviscerated making some parts of the characters look weirdly angular, texture quality is lower, and the characters have a bit of aliasing going on, which on a screen this small makes them look slightly blurry at times. The graphical disparity is even more apparent in the x-ray moves that have just been lowered in quality by an insane amount. Some characters look worse than others.

So far this really just looks like a decent looking Xbox 1 title to me. This really explains why they showed off the game the way they did leading up to release, nearly zero screenshots, and all video was either quick (non full screen) cuts in trailers, or cam footage of people playing it. Also I just checked an old trailer and they purposefully misrepresented the graphics of the game in various ways. I'm going to keep the game, not like I have a choice, and enjoy it, but graphically I feel insulted and bamboozled. NetherRealm I expected more, you were capable of more, and so is this system. You guys just went for the cheap lazy cash in.

Edit: It also seems like I was exactly right, and this explains precisely why they didn't have a single screen of the actual game on the back of the BOX, you know the one place you'd expect to see pictures of the game, pictures that you use to sell people on it!

Looks like a quick cash in. Really dissapointing since the console version is awesome.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    It also looks like lighting effects and bump mapping got the axe too.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I was thinking of getting it for both graphics and gameplay. The videos of it sold me that it was going to be at least near the console brothers or other games out for the vita right now.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting it for both graphics and gameplay. The videos of it sold me that it was going to be at least near the console brothers or other games out for the vita right now.

Well like I said there was some fraud level deception in some of their advertising. For example in one of the trailers that showed x-ray moves. When somebody activated an x-ray move the camera would zoom in, you'd think to show it off better, but what it was actually doing was masking the cut, to CONSOLE FOOTAGE of the x-ray move because x-rays look so terrible on the Vita. What the HELL NeverRealm?!

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If you want a fighting game on Vita you basically can't to better than BlazBlue anyway.

I decided to write an article on Mortal Kombat Vita.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9099175

Tell me what you guys think.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I decided to write an article on Mortal Kombat Vita.

Tell me what you guys think.

How the fuck do you release something like that on the VITA? A system that has had full on PS3 ports directly to it with little modification? How do you justify something like this except as a money grab capitalizing on online passes and no-refund policies?

Donnicton on
    Every company fucks up their first console game.

Hardly a justification, but it's also the simple truth.

• nathanaelnathanael Registered User regular
    I have some credit on Glyde, and I'm having the hardest time choosing between Batman: Arkham Asylum and Rayman for the Vita.

Limited funds can be such a drag.

This my Gamertag— NathanaelPM
    This is my PSN ID— Radthanael
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    If you want a fighting game on Vita you basically can't to better than BlazBlue anyway.

Either that or UMvC3. I showed UMvC3 to a few friends and they thought that it looked just like the console version.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz

Either that or UMvC3. I showed UMvC3 to a few friends and they thought that it looked just like the console version.

Backgrounds don't move, characters are slightly downgraded.

BB is pretty much a flawless port as far as I can tell, and has a crapload more content.

If you like the fighting styles of both games, BB is the way to go.

Backgrounds don't move, characters are slightly downgraded.

BB is pretty much a flawless port as far as I can tell, and has a crapload more content.

If you like the fighting styles of both games, BB is the way to go.
    Backgrounds move less and slightly is the very important word in the second half of that sentence.

Now I'm really curious to see Street Fighter X Tekken.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA

VJXme.jpg?1

• nathanaelnathanael Registered User regular

VJXme.jpg?1

Good enough for me!

This my Gamertag— NathanaelPM
    This is my PSN ID— Radthanael
    After playing Mortal Kombat Vita, I wish I could take it back, damn no returns on open software. It's hard to say, it just feels clunky.

After playing Mortal Kombat Vita, I wish I could take it back, damn no returns on open software. It's hard to say, it just feels clunky.

Well, hate to say it, but you stepped on that land mine and now you have to pay the consequences. Thanks for the heads up though.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Well, hate to say it, but you stepped on that land mine and now you have to pay the consequences. Thanks for the heads up though.

Show some appreciation, he died so that you may save!

Donnicton wrote: »

Show some appreciation, he died so that you may save!

Never forget.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA

Where did you buy it?

Where did you buy it?
    Don't want to get the retailer in trouble, suffice to say it's a store that was going out of business and they were putting all their stock on the shelf. Somebody must have noticed the game in the back and thought, "Hey this should be on the shelf!" and didn't know it just wasn't released yet. So I snapped it up while I could.

Where did you buy it?
    Don't want to get the retailer in trouble, suffice to say it's a store that was going out of business and they were putting all their stock on the shelf. Somebody must have noticed the game in the back and thought, "Hey this should be on the shelf!" and didn't know it just wasn't released yet. So I snapped it up while I could.

Maybe they should get in trouble for tempting you into buying the game. :)

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    You could try returning it after the game has officially launched; if there's no name on the receipt, then they wouldn't be able to place the blame on anyone.

Or you could always try eBay and be all "Get this game early! Only played once!" and charge it for $10 less than what you paid for. Usually that guarantees a purchase.

Sucks about Mortal Kombat. I have to wonder why it's such a shoddy mess then. UE3 maybe? Is this the first UE3 game on the Vita? But yeah, selling it on ebay is probably the best bet of at least getting a decent return.

Anyway, there are hints on the PS Blog that All-Stars Battle Royale will be coming to the Vita as well. If it does, it needs to be day and date with the PS3 version, not 12 months after the marketing has died down like LBP PSP.

• TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    Does MK support transfarring with the PS3 version?

Does MK support transfarring with the PS3 version?
    No idea. I'd look at the box and tell you, but I can't even rely upon that considering it doesn't even correctly list game features.

Anyway I've also added a charitable paragraph at the end of the article, that I think people will find more agreeable. Let me know what you guys think.