Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

I'm making a Community thread (and other former Thursday TV)

12467100

Posts

  • AntimatterAntimatter Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Hah, "Basic Lupine Urology", I get it, I get jokes

    OH MY GOD

    ·
  • AphostileAphostile Registered User regular
    Uniform.

    Tinychat is dead. Long live Tinychat. D3 BTag: Aphostile#1366 OKC : Steam - ADD ME JERKS : Hello Satan! | Xbox Live : LastAphostile | PS4 : Aphostile
    ·
  • LarlarLarlar Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Hah, "Basic Lupine Urology", I get it, I get jokes

    OH MY GOD

    I feel like an idiot for not noticing this sooner.

    iwantanswers3.png
    ·
  • UbikUbik i am a god in a french-ass restaurantRegistered User regular

    CleezusSig_zpsfa821add.png
    ·
  • AphostileAphostile Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Hah, "Basic Lupine Urology", I get it, I get jokes

    OH MY GOD

    I feel like an idiot for not noticing this sooner.

    Even with the thanks at the end of the episode?! That's when it dawned on me.

    Tinychat is dead. Long live Tinychat. D3 BTag: Aphostile#1366 OKC : Steam - ADD ME JERKS : Hello Satan! | Xbox Live : LastAphostile | PS4 : Aphostile
    ·
  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Hah, "Basic Lupine Urology", I get it, I get jokes

    OH MY GOD

    I feel like an idiot for not noticing this sooner.

    Even with the thanks at the end of the episode?! That's when it dawned on me.

    Yeah, definitely didn't get it until the Special Thanks. I was watching on Hulu so I saw the title and was trying to figure it out during the commercials. "Wolf... pee?"

    ·
  • BedlamBedlam King Badlum's Replace Leader of Fort AwesomeRegistered User regular
    I dont get it.

    I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

    Someone keeps moving my chair.

    ·
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Registered User regular
    I didn't see the title until today because my DVR just has a giant Thursday block so it doesn't fuck up the post-credits tag of every show because DVRs are designed by people who don't watch TV

    In other news... I can't believe they didn't get Richard Belzer to make an appearance

    Denny's is for winners.
    mkc.pngmkc.pngmkc.pngmontykevin.png
    ·
  • LegbaLegba Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I dont get it.

    I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

    Someone keeps moving my chair.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Wolf

    ·
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    I didn't see the title until today because my DVR just has a giant Thursday block so it doesn't fuck up the post-credits tag of every show because DVRs are designed by people who don't watch TV

    In other news... I can't believe they didn't get Richard Belzer to make an appearance

    It's not the DVR's fault. The networks do that on purpose to discourage DVR use.

    ·
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I wish my DVR would let me record a set amount of time, rather than a set episode. Like, record from 6:55 - 7:35 because shows always go over and I hate missing one or two things because an episode starts late.

    s5DoctorFezSunSig.png?t=1306367580.png
    ·
  • SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    why do they do that

    iq16sKi.png
    ·
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    I wish my DVR would let me record a set amount of time, rather than a set episode. Like, record from 6:55 - 7:35 because shows always go over and I hate missing one or two things because an episode starts late.

    I can almost promise you that your DVR will let you do that
    God forbid you want to tape back-to-back shows and also something on another channel, though
    All hell will break loose

    Lord Dave on
    Denny's is for winners.
    mkc.pngmkc.pngmkc.pngmontykevin.png
    ·
  • LarlarLarlar Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Hah, "Basic Lupine Urology", I get it, I get jokes

    OH MY GOD

    I feel like an idiot for not noticing this sooner.

    Even with the thanks at the end of the episode?! That's when it dawned on me.

    I missed the last ten minutes. Going to watch it later tonight.

    iwantanswers3.png
    ·
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    My DVR always catches the tag. All my thursday shows actually overlap. You guys have crappy DVRs.

    sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
    ·
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    I wish my DVR would let me record a set amount of time, rather than a set episode. Like, record from 6:55 - 7:35 because shows always go over and I hate missing one or two things because an episode starts late.

    My DVR is set to start recording 3 minutes before a program starts and end recording 3 minutes after it is supposed to end. Works great.

    ·
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    why do they do that

    DVR viewers don't watch commercials. They want you to be pissed so that you'll watch live and they know you'll blame the box before blaming the network.

    That said, even my crappy Comcast DVR has settings you can add to the series recording to always add a couple minutes to the start and finish so you don't miss that stuff. I'd recommend poking around your DVR's recording settings if you haven't before.

    ·
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Also you'll notice that a lot of advertisers have changed their ads to get their message across (or at least part of it) in 5 seconds instead of 30. They'll put the product in static positions for a long time (maybe even the whole ad) and the ones with text will keep it up longer. It's one of those things you start to notice all the time once you're told about it.

    ·
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Found this on tumblr:

    tumblr_m35m9wurYb1qh91cmo1_500.jpg

    ·
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Found this on tumblr:
    Spoiler:

    YES

    Is that official or something awesome from a fan?

    Also the best part of the whole thing is Leonard's placeholder.

    Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    ·
  • UbikUbik i am a god in a french-ass restaurantRegistered User regular
    Starburns was 47??

    CleezusSig_zpsfa821add.png
    ·
  • SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    That's how old Dino Stamatopoulos is

    doesn't look it though

    iq16sKi.png
    ·
  • SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    I just watched community again

    I don't want to gush but


    this and parks and rec are the only shows that I watch when they actually come on

    and I guess awake but that's just a side-effect

    iq16sKi.png
    ·
  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    bahahaha

    "tragic" auto accident

    ·
  • BedlamBedlam King Badlum's Replace Leader of Fort AwesomeRegistered User regular
    I

    love

    Lenard.

    ·
  • BedlamBedlam King Badlum's Replace Leader of Fort AwesomeRegistered User regular
    The only thing I love more than actual Lenard is Jeff telling him to shut up :D

    ·
  • BedlamBedlam King Badlum's Replace Leader of Fort AwesomeRegistered User regular
    No I wont type the O. Silent Os have no place in my worldview.

    ·
  • BedlamBedlam King Badlum's Replace Leader of Fort AwesomeRegistered User regular
    SAVE GARRETT
    WE ALREADY SAVED GARRET!

    ·
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    SAVE GARRETT

    ·
  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    SAVE GARRETT
    WE ALREADY SAVED GARRET!
    did we

    ·
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Seriously wrote: »
    why do they do that

    DVR viewers don't watch commercials. They want you to be pissed so that you'll watch live and they know you'll blame the box before blaming the network.

    That said, even my crappy Comcast DVR has settings you can add to the series recording to always add a couple minutes to the start and finish so you don't miss that stuff. I'd recommend poking around your DVR's recording settings if you haven't before.

    Except doing that for two back-to-back shows will then count as taping 2 things at once, and then when you try to tape a "third" thing on a different network when your box only allows 2 simultaneous recordings, it arbitrarily picks something to not record

    Lord Dave on
    Denny's is for winners.
    mkc.pngmkc.pngmkc.pngmontykevin.png
    ·
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Seriously wrote: »
    why do they do that

    DVR viewers don't watch commercials. They want you to be pissed so that you'll watch live and they know you'll blame the box before blaming the network.

    That said, even my crappy Comcast DVR has settings you can add to the series recording to always add a couple minutes to the start and finish so you don't miss that stuff. I'd recommend poking around your DVR's recording settings if you haven't before.

    Except doing that for two back-to-back shows will then count as taping 2 things at once, and then when you try to tape a "third" thing on a different network when your box only allows 2 simultaneous recordings, it arbitrarily picks something to not record

    My old DVRs would do this, but my AT&T one is smarter somehow. And it can record at least 3 things (in HD!) at a time, maybe 4. I'm pretty happy with it.

    sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
    ·
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I almost fell out of my chair when
    Spoiler:

    mosesupposes.gif
    ·
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Holy shit. That was him? I knew he looked familiar.

    ·
  • OghulkOghulk squeek squeek squeek squeek squeek squeekRegistered User regular
    That ending for community was pretty uh

    random

    ·
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I only really know him from his voice.
    Spoiler:

    ·
  • SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    That ending for community was pretty uh

    random

    straight out of law and order like the rest of the episode

    iq16sKi.png
    ·
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I only really know him from his voice.
    Spoiler:

    My tablet doesn't show preview images for flash items until I click them, so I was actually wondering what you'd pick for Ironside: Splinter Cell, Superman or Total Recall.

    I'd say you chose correctly, but really any of those choices would've been great.

    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    ·
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    you motherfuckers ain't recognizing ironside by sight alone disgust a bro

    ·
  • SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    the other cameo's what floored me personally

    iq16sKi.png
    ·
This discussion has been closed.