As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game of Thrones 2nd ed. - Game 1 - My kingdom for a barrel

• DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    I'm participating!

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Turn 1 - Action Phase -

No valid raid orders. Moving to march orders.

1 ship from Shipbreaker Bay to Blackwater Bay.

House Lannister to resolve one march order.

After him, play moves down the Iron Throne track then back with each player resolving one march order until all are gone

MrBody on
  • StyyxStyyx Registered User regular
    Sailing my one ship from The Golden Sound to Sunset Sea

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I go next right?

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• sartorisartori WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yesh! *hic*

<slurps wine>

sartori on
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Turn order is defined by the Iron Throne influence track, and can actually change during an order phase (eg. because of Doran Martell).

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Sailing my Ship in the Shivering Sea to the Narrow Sea.

38thDoE on steam

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Im up?

March Footman and knight from Sunspear to Storms end.

steam_sig.png
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Establish control of Greywater Watch.
    March footman from there to Pyke.

jakobagger on
    edited April 2012
    Turn 1 - Action Phase

boardmarch11.jpg

Greyjoy power tokens 5-->4

House Tyrell is up.

MrBody on
  • HarlonHarlon Registered User regular
    March Footman and Knight from Highgarden to Dornish Marches.

3DS FC 1048-9228-8841
    edited April 2012
    March footman and knight from Dragonstone to King's Landing.

THE RETURN OF THE TRUE KING

Combat (vs. neutral)
    Strength of units = 3
    Support (Kingswood) = 1
    March Order = +1

Total strength =5

Neutral eliminated.

House Lannister is up.

MrBody on
    edited April 2012
    March Footman from Stoney Sept to Harrenhal. I'm not going to leave a power behind in Stoney Sept

I also have two questions.

1. Is there any way to denote power control on the gameboard? Greyjoy has control over Greywater, but there is nothing on the map that denotes this. The game is going to get very confusing later on if we leave it as is.

2. There are cards in the Wilding Deck that force you to shuffle it. How are we going to do that with Darian holding all of the cards that the raven keeper chooses to put at the bottom of the deck?

Styyx on
    1. Control should be indicated by placing one of the players available power tokens on the area. This also means you can't establish control when you don't have any power, and that the more areas you establish control over, the less power you have in your 'bank' (the twenty power in all that you start with 5 available from), lowering your maximum potential power. The last point rarely comes up though, unless you're the biggest hoarder ever.

So hopefully MrBody can find or mock-up some power tokens for the map. A shrinked version of the influence tokens would work, though it ain't going to be pretty.

2. Are there cards that shuffle the wildling deck? I only remember seeing cards that shuffled the three Westeros decks. Either way, couldn't Darian just play the card and the reshuffle the deck?

edited April 2012
    Yes, sorry, I'll be placing the colored shields to denote control. All control and order markers will be touching the territory name so people will always know where to look. I'll be fixing that.

I'm not seeing any cards that shuffle the wildling deck. Which are you referring to?

House Stark is up.

MrBody on
    edited April 2012
    Turn 1 - Action Phase- March Orders

boardplaying.jpg

Larger version

MrBody on
    I think he means the 'Winter Is Coming' cards in the Westeros decks. Which are of course not the wildling deck, but there you go.

edited April 2012
    I think he means the 'Winter Is Coming' cards in the Westeros decks. Which are of course not the wildling deck, but there you go.

That's what I meant yah.

And this may seem like nitpicking, but I'm pretty sure the castle track gets updated as soon as castles are gained or lost.

Styyx on
    Indeed it does. Slipped my mind since no one can win the first round. I'll update it from now on.

Footman in White Harbor establish control and then take Moat Cailin

38thDoE on steam

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Footman in Saltshore establish control and march to Starfall.

steam_sig.png
    All aboard the longships for a tour of the green lands:
    March in Pyke: footman to Flint's Finger, footman to Seagard, Knight to Riverrun.

edited April 2012
    Martell power tokens 5-->4.

Stark power tokens 5-->4.

Tyrell is up.

MrBody on
    Establish control in the Dornish Marches. March a footman to Oldtown. March the knight and remaining footman to Prince's Pass.

Growing Strong!

edited April 2012
    Turn 1 - Resolve Consolidate Power Orders

Tyrell power tokens 5-->4
    Greyjoy 4-->5

Technically we would wait to do the special consolidate/mustering orders in proper Iron Throne order, but at this stage I don't think Lannister/Stark mustering would really affect the decision of each other, so for the sake of expediency we'll just do them simultaneously (unless someone has objections).

Lannister to choose between MUSTERING (which units) or POWER TOKENS.
    Stark to choose between MUSTERING (which units) or POWER TOKENS.

MrBody on
    edited April 2012
    Never read the books, only watched the show, but looking at this map is geographically baffling. Greyjoy tells Rob Stark that he can't take King's Landing without ships, yet he had already defeated the Lannisters at Riverrun?

And it just came to me how to solve the problem of reaching the bottom of the Wildling deck. If we run out of deck cards, Darian can just start playing them by the most recent he was given, no?

MrBody on
    Muster two ships in The Golden Sound

edited April 2012
    Never read the books, only watched the show, but looking at this map is geographically baffling. Greyjoy tells Rob Stark that he can't take King's Landing without ships, yet he had already defeated the Lannisters at Riverrun?
    King's Landing will often be supported by a fleet in Blackwater Bay; it is difficult to capture without naval disruption (raid the support or defeat the fleet).
    At this point in the show, Riverrun is held by House Tully, Catelyn's family. The Lannisters are holding Lannisport and Harrenhall, but the Young Wolf has defeated their armies in the field in multiple battles across the riverlands and near Lannisport.
    MrBody wrote: Β»
    And it just came to me how to solve the problem of reaching the bottom of the Wildling deck. If we run out of deck cards, Darian can just start playing them by the most recent he was given, no?

I'd be playing them in the order in which they were received (each new card is placed on the bottom, below the earlier ones). Though I also might need the ability to give cards to people at that point, so they can look at the new top card (or I could just PM card details).

Darian on
    edited April 2012

Explanation of why this is:
    (/Spoiler'ed for those that would rather find out for themselves how Robb was able to defeat the Lannisters.)

In the books Robb defeats the Lannisters at Riverrun precisely because of geography. Riverrun sits on the Trident river where it splits into three smaller rivers (the Green Fork). This makes it strategically difficult to beseige without splitting your forces up. This causes major (and I do mean major) reinforcement problems for the beseiger. While the Lannister forces were split up Robb took Jaime's host from the rear, and obviously demolished them.

Hope that helps!

sartori on
    Muster foot in Winterfell and ship to the shivering sea.

38thDoE on steam

edited April 2012
    Turn 2 - Westeros Phase - Shit's about to get real

board2start.jpg

Available House cards
    pic1257909_lg.jpg

I - Winter is Coming (whopee)
    II- Clash of Kings
    III- Wildling Attack

Players will bid on influence tracks. First up is the Iron Throne track. PM your bid to me (mine already sent to Darian). Will proceed once all bids are received.

Available power tokens

Tyrell - 4
    Greyjoy - 5
    Martell - 4
    Stark - 4
    Lannister - 5
    Baratheon - 5

Player Poll: Would people prefer the checklist House card sheet in this post, or an edited version of the House Card link in the OP with just red lines drawn through the cards that have been used?

MrBody on
    I like them in the post. Should we post once we have bid?

38thDoE on steam

Suggestion: if you do keep them in the post (which seems a good thing to do), hide them behind a spoiler since people won't need to always be checking them.

Either would still be in the post. I was wondering which image people preferred: the simplified checklist or the more detailed sheets.

edited April 2012
    I'd prefer more detailed sheets.

Also, what is the 1st event card? We should always do that one before we do the bidding.

Styyx on
    All cards are linked to Handtracker.

First event card in deck 1 was a reshuffle of deck 1 :\
    Deck 2 Is the bidding.

All cards are linked to Handtracker.

First event card in deck 1 was a reshuffle of deck 1 :\
    Deck 2 Is the bidding.

Oh gotcha, my bad.

edited April 2012
    sartori wrote: Β»

Explanation of why this is:
    (/Spoiler'ed for those that would rather find out for themselves how Robb was able to defeat the Lannisters.)

In the books Robb defeats the Lannisters at Riverrun precisely because of geography. Riverrun sits on the Trident river where it splits into three smaller rivers (the Green Fork). This makes it strategically difficult to beseige without splitting your forces up. This causes major (and I do mean major) reinforcement problems for the beseiger. While the Lannister forces were split up Robb took Jaime's host from the rear, and obviously demolished them.

Hope that helps![/quote]

Yeah I was just wondering why the need for ships when they already had a close direct land route to King's Landing. Then for some reason they needed Greyjoy's ships when Greyjoy is on the wrong side of the continent. That's like starting in Genoa, Italy and sailing all the way around to Venice instead of just traveling from Verona. Clearly this confusion is hindering my enjoyment of prostitute acting lessons!

So which House does the inappropriate breast feeding lady belong to? Was Tyrell the one with the butch chick knight?

MrBody on
    Winter Is Coming isn't just re-shuffling - it also means we draw a new card from deck I after the re-shuffle, and resolve that card before the deck II card.

Oh geez. I was going off an old brief description I found online and forgot to update what the physical card actually said.

The Deck I new draw is Mustering.

The bidding will be put on hold until mustering is resolved. I don't think it will change my current Iron Throne bid, but we can redo it later if anyone wants.

Mustering will be done in Iron Throne order.

Muster 1 knight in King's Landing. 1 footman in Dragonstone. 1 ship in Shipbreaker Bay.

Lannister to muster.