As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Transformers] Bay4mers dooms humanity in 2014.

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    so I guess shockwave and wavemates are august and combaticons are october

also it looks like they're going with the non-metallic color scheme

shame, it doesn't look nearly as good

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Watch Takara-Tomy's look phenomenal. Just wait.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    but what will bruticus do with five miniweapons that are also robots

that themselves combine into one big weapon/robot

why does he have a human face

• mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    BotCon Metalhawk looks absolutely derpy.

DSCF1275.JPG

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Damn. I want the Botcon Junkions but at nearly $200.

Hmm...

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Well, I might be.

Calling Repugnus right now, if this does happen.
    All the dirty jobs, huh.
    Well, you can do no less.

Hey, I never did want to live forever. Someone has to leave the Decepticons in a whole world of pain.

Might as well be someone who was well and truly surplus to requirements.

Better to fight and die...

Repugnus was always one of my favorite toys as a kid. Just check out what IDW did with him and the other Monsterbots in Maximum Dinobots (or at least look it up on tfwiki).

Repgunus is also a bit of a rulebreaker, which wouldn't jive with IDW Magnus. We can definitely come up with a reason why they'd be working together, though.

A bit?

He's pure bastard. Like, platonic forms.

Which is kinda why he has to be there. Every team run by a by-the-book military guy needs one. He provides narrative tension. A useful function.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    What I love about Repugnus is that, as much as he's a fucking bastard, as much as he's evil and vicious and just plain mean...he's an Autobot. During the war, they'd kick him out, and he wouldn't go to the Cons, and then they need his talents and ask him to come back, and he would, no hard feelings.

He likes the Autobots. He loooves them. He wants to binary-bond with them and have ten thousand protoforms.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Wow I sure hope FOC Bruticus has a different final color scheme because the one at Botcon is hideous.

This is Repugnus talking to Grimlock.
    Repugnus_MaximumDinobots4.jpg

Grimlock.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    What I love about Repugnus is that, as much as he's a fucking bastard, as much as he's evil and vicious and just plain mean...he's an Autobot. During the war, they'd kick him out, and he wouldn't go to the Cons, and then they need his talents and ask him to come back, and he would, no hard feelings.

He likes the Autobots. He loooves them. He wants to binary-bond with them and have ten thousand protoforms.

That is a big part of the fun, yeah.

His only redeeming quality? He's firmly committed to being one of the good guys.

Just he takes "good guy" a lot looser than most.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    well I like those FOC bruticus colors

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    just opened up TFP Soundwave

he is a bit finicky to transform

and his feet take 8 steps to transform (I'm not kidding)

but the end result looks so damn good

oh right, I forgot you were coming home to four deluxes

how many do you have now

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    8?

I gotta catch up

or maybe not

because I am pretty sure WFC megs outstyles all other deluxes

yeah

WFC megs is incredible

I'm going to try to complete the trinity of lieutenants to back him up

after that I'll probably just buy botshots because all my dreams will have come true

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    This is Repugnus talking to Grimlock.
    Repugnus_MaximumDinobots4.jpg

Grimlock.

And the thing is, the other Dinobots are just in the other room. He and the other Monsterbots are willing to go three-on-five with the Dinobots.

Dichotomy wrote: »
    well I like those FOC bruticus colors

They're working more and more for me. Almost a nostalgia COLORS EVERYWHERE kind of feel. It could be toned down just a bit though, and the mockups were so much better.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    The back of Bruticus is a little disconcerting

being able to see all their faces, maybe it wasn't all transformed?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I want them to actually, like, look like they do in the game. Not like they're G2 toys.

The back of Bruticus is a little disconcerting

being able to see all their faces, maybe it wasn't all transformed?

nah, it's for the redeco

Generations Five Faces of Darkness

anything with a hint of color = G2

0BnD8l3.gif
    I like the metallic ones much more

but these are alright

the only one I really dislike is vortex

Vortex took a major step back with the purple. $5 says Takara's is gloriously gold.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    edited April 2012
    You know, this is only mostly on topic, but MAN. Death's Head is great fun.

Good design, interesting character, speech quirk that's distinct without being overplayed (normally.).

Man, the 90s were a bad decade. Couldn't even take an amoral, heavily armed freelancer and leave well enough alone. What was wrong with people then?

(At least DHII could answer @Antimatter 's "Is Unicron the same as Galactus?" question. Mind that fought Unicron combined with all Reed Richard's scientific data.)

chiasaur11 on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    the 90s were great

just, you know, not for comics

xmassig2.gif
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Well, I might be.

Every good team needs a complete sociopath, untrustworthy weasel, or other impediment to good structure. It's in the rules!

Repugnus and his crew really are overdue for a new appearance ina modern show.

Possibly because I want a horrible mantioid robot monster with good articulation.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Well, I might be.

Every good team needs a complete sociopath, untrustworthy weasel, or other impediment to good structure. It's in the rules!

Repugnus and his crew really are overdue for a new appearance ina modern show.

Possibly because I want a horrible mantioid robot monster with good articulation.

Well, there was a Buzzclaw repaint back in 06.

Little less mechanical looking, but he's pretty neat.

factoid: buzzclaw is among my favorite transformers

pity mine is lost and in pieces

0BnD8l3.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I literally need universe repugnus or I will die

So uh
    Generations toys are going to be 15 bucks

Also that is still the test shot bruticus

Not the final colors

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    It would be neat if the Monsterbots and Dinobots were like friendly rivals...

...as opposed to, say, the Dinobots and Predacons, who are/were very unfriendly rivals.

On another note, I really, really want Prime Ironhide. I love how... well, honestly, how G1 he looks. In the face/head, I mean. And he combines the best of the movie version with the best of G1...

...but I hear there's going to be a Deluxe version? Rrrrghhh...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    I always thought dinobots disliked constructicons/combaticons more than predacons

I think they're old rivals from the gladiatorial days in the IDW-verse. I know the cartoon set the Dinobots vs Devastator as a precedent. When were they rivals with the Combaticons?

I like how Cyberverse Megs is crawling up the back of the Cyberverse base pic:
    559503_441973009161813_166004856758631_1726850_48106313_n.jpg

Well

Just FoC I guess

Antimatter wrote: »
    Also that is still the test shot bruticus

Not the final colors

oh thank god

This discussion has been closed.