As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Summer Slugfest Slamdown: Movies & More!

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Egads, no.

Now Guillermo del Toro? Maybe. Or even Barry Sonnenfeld.

Come to think of it, it's been so long since I've read Sandman I can barely remember anything except Seasons of Mist and some bits and pieces. But there is nothing about it that would be served by Burton's aesthetic. I don't like that his movies all look pretty much the same, and it's just not very good or worth watching at this point.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Have you seen Big Fish? I'm thinking more like that, and less like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

I'd rather it look like Pushing Daisies.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I figure MirrorMask was pretty much Gaiman and McKean working out how to visualize a Sandman film. Get those dudes, Henson Studios, etc. back, with a more experienced director at the helm, and a better effects budget, and you'd have a pretty cool Sandman movie.

I can't imagine any of you guys forgot about this, but I just remembered the atrocity that was the Jon Peters late 90s Sandman script and man, that really was something else.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    you should check out the book tales from development hell to learn all about the sandman movie script

it took some weird turns, man

7656367.jpg
    Munch wrote: »
    I figure MirrorMask was pretty much Gaiman and McKean working out how to visualize a Sandman film. Get those dudes, Henson Studios, etc. back, with a more experienced director at the helm, and a better effects budget, and you'd have a pretty cool Sandman movie.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. Go Henson!
    I can't imagine any of you guys forgot about this, but I just remembered the atrocity that was the Jon Peters late 90s Sandman script and man, that really was something else.

I wouldn't expect much from a hair dresser who got lucky.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Ah yes, Jon Peters. The wonderful human being who said Superman's original suit was "too fagey". Great guy.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    first of all, jon peters did not write that

he was just the producer on the film

it was written by william farmer, writer of the jonah hex movie

if you're gonna assign a film to a hack, pick the right one

and that wasn't even close to the final draft

7656367.jpg
    Jon Peters was the guy with the weird thing about giant spiders

spiders are the fiercest killers in the insect kingdom

7656367.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Yeah, but Depp has this weird unaging thing going on. Guy still looks very similiar to when I first saw him in 21 Jump Street.

Man...now I wonder what Tim Burton directing a Marvel movie would be like...

If it's anything like the original Batman, thanks but I'll pass.

I don't even think Moon Knight would work well Burton's aesthetic.

Deadpool might be in his wheelhouse.

Deadpool's humor is a little too "in your face" for Burton's style, I think. Burton's movies come off as funny almost in a "I'm trying to be serious here" kind of way.

Deadpool is Bug Bunny in mask and unitard. Burton is in no way appropriate for that character. You want Neveldine and Taylor, who won't give a fuck about trying to take the story seriously.

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Is the Deadpool movie still happening? I haven't heard anything on it for months.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Is the Deadpool movie still happening? I haven't heard anything on it for months.

From what I heard, the Official Deadpool Movie Script was kind of built around a running joke where Deadpool wanted to go kill Amy Winehouse. Sooooooo....

Yeah.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Oh shit.

That's awkward.

To bad. The snippets I read were pretty great.

Quire.jpg
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Fuck.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Deadpool is Bug Bunny in mask and unitard. Burton is in no way appropriate for that character. You want Neveldine and Taylor, who won't give a fuck about trying to take the story seriously.

Brilliant idea. Those two are perfect for Deadpool. Lobo, as well.

It's supposed to be directed by a special effects guy. His directorial debut. That's how fucked Fox is by alienating directors.

I don't know if those guys ought to be trusted anymore, after what they did to Jonah Hex and Ghost Rider.

• HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular

I don't know if those guys ought to be trusted anymore, after what they did to Jonah Hex and Ghost Rider.

They made ghost Rider awesome.

And the only two scenes they wrote that actually made it into Jonah Hex were fairly good action scenes (the horse chaingun and the revolver with explosive rounds).

centi are you being a dummy

7656367.jpg
    when am I not being a dummy, TLB

edited April 2012
    when you are agreeing with me

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited April 2012
    HOLY SHIT

HOLY SHIT
    HOLY SHIT

THE NEW SEASON OF YOUNG JUSTICE

HOLY SHIT
    Five year timeskip!
    Tim is robin, Dick is Nightwing, Megan is with Lagoon Boy instead of Conner. Blue Beetle, bumblebee, Cassie, Batgirl (Barbara), and Beast Boy are all on the team, among others.

Also, LOBO!

HadjiQuest on
    Where are you getting all this?

HOLY SHIT
    Zatanna and Rocket got promoted to full JL Members

And it just started airing today. I'm watching it. On TV. Right now!

HOLLLYYYY SHIIIIIIITTTTT
    Adam Strange!

Ohh man, the invaders are
    The gremlins from Geoff Johns' very first ongoing Green Lantern arc.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Yeah, quite surprised that they went with that large of a timeskip, and that huge increase in Cast.

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    That was so good I'm all tingly.

I used to love this show, but now I...uhh... love it more, I guess.

edited April 2012
    Yeah, quite surprised that they went with that large of a timeskip, and that huge increase in Cast.

I was unsure how they'd deal with a huge cast when I heard about all these new members joining prior to the next season. Makes sense to start a new roster. But I'm still sad we only had one season for the first roster and just when we we were getting new addictions like Zantanna and Rocket on the team. That said Beast Boy, Lagoon Boy, Robin II, Batgirl, Wonder Girl are all cool.

edit: I just realized they may have broken up
    Superboy & Miss Martian so he can pursue a relationship with Wonder Girl like in Johns' Teen Titans run.

Harry Dresden on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Man...it's probably been said before but I have to post it. Was that an awesome movie or what! Also (heavy Avengers spoilers):
    He can't be dead right? Not Coulson!

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Fuck, I accidently clicked that spoiler :(

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    Me to. I believe there are substances available to make us forget though.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Totally did not expect how good YJ was going to be.

It was so fucking good.

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular

Ghost Rider was pretty fantastic.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I just watched the last two YJ episodes for season 1, and that was what made me like the show years ago. I don't feel interested in going back and missing the ones I didn't see, but with all this talk about season 2's premier I need to check it out. Rocket appearing, that was cool, and Lacey Chabert doing Zatanna's voice is a nice choice.

The fighting in the S1 finale was just great, and it just seemed to be a lot smarter than other cartoons in how the team fought everyone.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Avengers is so

fucking

awesome

I'm sorry Solar, but I have to hate you for the next week or so

This discussion has been closed.