As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[HBO] Game of Thrones S2 on Sunday; spoilers abound, no tags; NO BOOKS

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    I love In Bruges so much. I actually went there 2 years ago, after seeing the movie. The stairs up the tower are actually really windy and narrow.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    I love In Bruges so much. I actually went there 2 years ago, after seeing the movie. The stairs up the tower are actually really windy and narrow.

Are you from the pacific northwest?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Wow, this episode was disturbing from start to finish. Just got around to watching it, been on travel for work.

Good stuff.

My Joffrey-hate grows. My Tyrion-love grows. Honestly, I'm kinda digging Tywin too.

And man, that ending. Even more disturbing than I expected. I thought Carice van Houten was rather attractive before. Now the night is dark, and full of terrors.

I completely missed that Harrenhal was "dead" in the intro. That was pretty cool.

Also, this episode got me to like Dany again. It's been a while, I've been pretty sick of her.

• Options
    Oh, and needless to say my Bronn-love grows as well.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Wow, this episode was disturbing from start to finish. Just got around to watching it, been on travel for work.

Good stuff.

My Joffrey-hate grows. My Tyrion-love grows. Honestly, I'm kinda digging Tywin too.

And man, that ending. Even more disturbing than I expected. I thought Carice van Houten was rather attractive before. Now the night is dark, and full of terrors.

I completely missed that Harrenhal was "dead" in the intro. That was pretty cool.

Also, this episode got me to like Dany again. It's been a while, I've been pretty sick of her.

Joffrey hate.

You know what you need to do.

Hint, slaps

• Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    Dany hasn't done anything until last episode but it seems she's getting into some really interesting stuff now

That smug fat man at the gates deserves a reward for his display of all that immense smugness

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    Katsuhiro 1139Katsuhiro 1139 Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    I love Dany's armour, that shoulder pad is completely impractical, but it looks badass.

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    I love Dany's armour, that shoulder pad is completely impractical, but it looks badass.

The shoulder pad is so that the dragons don't scratch her up when she's taking them out for walks.

• Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Strange ideas of nothing interesting, IMHO.

Dany Season 2 so far:
    "Pfff, trying to raise new born dragons is harder than it looks, dying the desert, a people fleeing for their lives, trusted companion comes back in pieces, boriiiing".

Oh well, opinions, we have em.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The situation can be interesting. What we've seen of her in the situation? Not so much. Then again, it's not that she's had that much screen time in S2 so far; The Walking Dead would've made an entire season just out of Dany in the desert.

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Katsuhiro 1139Katsuhiro 1139 Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    Darian wrote: »

The shoulder pad is so that the dragons don't scratch her up when she's taking them out for walks.

... that makes so much sense! Haha, damnit now I feel dim.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Tommatt wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    You poor, poor thing.

Thanks for not ruining stuff for me, TV thread. You're awesome!

<3

[edit]. Specter kinda pissed me off here. In talking compare and contrast and he boo hoos me in respect to being spoiled on ned Starks beheading in season one when I had only seen
    Episode two. That right there is a spoiler for sure.

[/edit]
    If that's in regards to me, I just rolled with it and didn't make a big deal out of it because I clicked a spoiler tag. I didn't flip the fuck out and become a silly goose like about 70% of the people in here when somebody says "in the book her dress was blue not red" and the geese go "books!!!! Spoilerezzzzz!!!! Rage!!!!!! Argh!!!!!!!!"

In all seriousness some of you are silly. And in all seriosness , yes poor poor me. I got spoiled on the biggest event in S1, yet one person says they didn't like a change from the book and OMGZ YOUZ SpOILZ MEZ!!!!! I CUT YOU! I RAGE! HER DRESS WAS BLUEZ! BOOK NO EXIST! I CAN'T READz! MUST CLICK SPOILER BuTToN aNd RAGE!!!!!
    My bad, dogg. You misunderstood me.

I was being a sarcastic goose about
    Would be nice if there was a happy medium.

Would be nice If I could say "hey just watched episode _____. I don't remember ______. Was that for tv only? "

Or to go to season one "I thought the little finger Sansa scene at the tournament was nice. But I thought you got more background and grey not black/white when ____________ told sansa ___________" instead. Or even the drago wedding stuff.

But alas, I'll just bite my tounge.

Just comes off as terribly weepy.

It sucks you were spoiled about Ned that early. That's a valid one.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    The SE++ thread seems to have more relaxed rules, so for those who desperately want a third thread to compare book and show (but don't want to compare them in the D&D book thread), that might be an option.
    Ah, that is what I'm looking for. The book thread here and me being an idiot have already spoiled too many things that'll come, but I still like to discuss events that have already happened or things that are not particularly relevant for the story.

thanks.

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Darian wrote: »

... that makes so much sense! Haha, damnit now I feel dim.

There is this principle of "show, don't tell." We know how expensive CGI can be, but it's starting to get old how she just keeps gesturing at the baskets where the dragons are kept, or talks about them as they sit somewhere offscreen.

For all we know, they killed and ate the dragons 3 weeks ago to stave off hunger, and have been hauling around empty baskets ever since. "I wouldn't want my DRAGONS to destroy your TOWN, you guys!" *members of her entourage struggle to fight back chuckles*

I am at Peak Dragon Basket. Come on Fantasy television. Fantasy us.

• Options
    Had to cut back the dragon budget to get the queef demon done.

Priorities.

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Harrenhal not moving in the intro had me pounding my desk in stupid nerd joy.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »

Nope, San Diego.

• Options

Nope, San Diego.

Ah, I was just curious, because I've heard that "windy' is somewhat linguistically unique to the northwest, instead of 'winding'. Wasn't really sure if I believed it though.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    WhoaFooglesWhoaFoogles Registered User regular
    Harrenhal not moving in the intro had me pounding my desk in stupid nerd joy.

The wife and I loved this too. That was a really nice touch.

• Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Had to cut back the dragon budget to get the queef demon done.

Priorities.

I'm glad this is catching on :D

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    SNL sketch about Game of Thrones

http://gawker.com/5902076/snl-explains-the-nudity-in-game-of-thrones

NSFW... sorta?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Holy shit is Brienne brutal. I loved her combat scene.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Renley nooooooooooooooo

• Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    Great episode, first time all season I have been interested in the Jon or Dany plotlines. Also Stannis jumps to the front of the people I want to see die.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I was happy with how regretful he seemed.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    I love that Arya's the first person to actually hold her own in a coversation with Tywin.

I dunno guys, I think this Maisie Williams girl might be goin' places. Just call it a hunch.

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I love that Arya's the first person to actually hold her own in a coversation with Tywin.

I dunno guys, I think this Maisie Williams girl might be goin' places. Just call it a hunch.

Yeah, that scene was pretty intense. Really well done.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Mad King GeorgeMad King George Registered User regular
    This episode was very well done. They finally got the pacing back, cutting between all these stories and teasing things in a way that works.

All of Dany's Fauxrabian Nights story was cool, especially with that guy who walked out of Dark City
    doubling himself.
    Also, who was waiting for the other shoe to drop in the Jon story? "They blow three times for white walkers." You know that horn's gonna get three toots.

• Options
    Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular

arya1.jpg

Yeah, I got nothin'

• Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    Roy Dotrice FTW

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    A man has seen tonight's game of thrones, a man is pleased.

override367 on
  • Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    All of Dany's Fauxrabian Nights story was cool, especially with that guy who walked out of Dark City
    doubling himself.

SLEEP

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    The warlock guy? Fucking creepy.

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    We need more Ghost. I guess seeing him less is the price of the CG direwolves.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ok, first the GoT Recipe. The downside of this is that it looks more difficult than I'm used to, and also requires ramekins which I don't have on me. (original link to a PDF. Bah!) http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/storage/got-lemon-cakes-recipe.pdf
    A non-PDF modified version.

Hey guys, remember page one of this thread?

Well, I finally made that Game of Thrones Lemon Cakes recipe. It was phenomenal. I heartily recommend it to any bakers, though it's the first time in a while I've made a recipe that required three mixing bowls. Challenging, fancy, and delicious.

Cultural Geek Girl on
    Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Emilia Clarke is SO PRETTY.

And Maisie's pretty talented, yeah.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Main thoughts:
    Jaqen H'ghar is awesome.

Renly is dead. Brienne's a BAMF.

Tyrion is awesome. Bronn is awesome.

Tywin/Arya staring contest is awesome. Stupid to threaten someone who could have you killed though.

Daenerys is boring.

Jon is boring.

Bran is boring.

RT800 on
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Yar wrote: »
    Roy Dotrice FTW

I THOUGHT that was him! Man, that voice sounded so familiar.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    I agree that aside from the cute dragon and Jorah, Danys scenes were mostly just nice for Emilia Clarke eye candy.

• Options
    RT800 wrote: »
    Main thoughts:
    Jaqen H'ghar is awesome.

Renly is dead. Brienne's a BAMF.

Tyrion is awesome. Bronn is awesome.

Tywin/Arya staring contest is awesome. Stupid to threaten someone who could have you killed though.

Daenerys is boring.

Jon is boring.

Bran is boring.

Threatening? Arya didn't threaten anybody. Need me to get Tyrion and Bronn in here, to show you the difference?
    That was an awesome Arya/Tywin scene, though. I'm really starting to dig Tywin, the more we see of him.

This discussion has been closed.