As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Official Penny Arcadia country club chat

13»

• Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    So I finally managed to straighten out my online pass. It got stuck in a catch-22 where I had already registered the code but didn't get the download. Online chat was no help, as they wanted me to redownload the file, but it wasn't in my history, so they escalated it to someone else. By accident I tried to access the season pass and it told me my online pass was corrupted and would I like to download it again? Hell, yes! All fixed!

So I'm up for joining either Penny Arcadia or PA East. I'm on the east coast so the latter is fine if there's no room in the main one. (Only 25 members? That seems like an awfully small limit, EA.)

Gamertag is "Mortal Peril".

• Options
    Steel FedoraSteel Fedora South CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Hooray Guaco!

• Options
    RodORodO Registered User regular
    Tried to play three different rounds today - the daily tournament was one, and two rounds on East Lake. The game hard locked all three times, once three or four holes on and the other two right at the start. Six pins gone, now ineligible for the daily tournament...

It locked up on me twice the first day, but hasn't been a problem since on either the machine at home or at the office. Now it's locking up on both with disturbing regularity. It's really frustrating when that means you lost not only the time you just spent playing, but also the time spent gathering coins to buy the pins. If I locked up on a course I'd bought a round on, losing the round in the process, I'd probably throw the game out.

• Options
    In my search for tech help, the lost pins due to hard lock was a recurring issue. It worries me.

• Options
    I'm not that worried about the pins, but losing out on the daily sucked and if I lost a round on a course I'd 'rented' I'd really be pissed.

• Options
    erunamaerunama Registered User new member
    Hey guys, I joined the club the other day. Looking forward to playing in the tournaments, and helping the club continue to level up.

• Options
    Yeah, sadly there's not much you can do about lost pins.

• Options
    HEAD TO HEAD NIGHT.

We pick one weeknight to play some h2h matches. I'm voting for Mondays. What do you guys like?

• Options
    KhineticKhinetic North CarolinaRegistered User new member
    I think we hit Platinum last night.

• Options
    SolomonPhoenixSolomonPhoenix New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Khinetic wrote: »
    I think we hit Platinum last night.

We finished gold, and NOW we're working on platinum. :)

We need 25 total club tournaments, 75 H2H, and 500k status to finish it out.

HEAD TO HEAD NIGHT.

We pick one weeknight to play some h2h matches. I'm voting for Mondays. What do you guys like?

Mondays sound good, but I think we get more activity on the weekends.

On a personal note, finally finished my sponsorships and got my Hammerhead clubs. :)

SolomonPhoenix on
  • Options
    El Guaco wrote: »
    So I'm up for joining either Penny Arcadia or PA East. I'm on the east coast so the latter is fine if there's no room in the main one. (Only 25 members? That seems like an awfully small limit, EA.)

I guess you didn't make it in this week, but we're likely freeing up a couple more inactive spots after this weekend. Send a message to OPArsenal, and he should be able to hook you up.

• Options
    El Guaco wrote: »

I guess you didn't make it in this week, but we're likely freeing up a couple more inactive spots after this weekend. Send a message to OPArsenal, and he should be able to hook you up.

Thanks I will do that. Played my first online game. I take back my earlier complaints. This game rocks.

• Options
    State of the Club

Hey folks. New Club Champion posting. As I was informed last night. It is the responsibility of the the Champion to post a State of the Club. So remember, if you don't like my ramblings, it is in your power to prevent me.

Last week we hit Professional 2 Star and Gold level. To reach Platinum we need 25 Club Tourney's created, 75 H2H matches, and 500k in Status points. Currently we are sitting at 373414.

As of this posting the club is responsible for:
    10 Double Eagles (3 in one week)
    27 Holes in One (8 in one week)
    1405 Eagles (303 in one week)
    11135 Birdies (2188 in one week)

We have played a combined 21581 Holes. (3820 Holes played last week)

Tournaments

Weekly Winner
    vVv Fedora

Daily Winners
    4/28 vVv Fedora
    4/29 Khinetic

We had other tourneys last week as well for Dailys but I did not capture the winners so I apologize but congratulations to all the winners. (Unexpected Champion Fail)

Week of 4/30

Club Champion
    Khinetic

Club Pros
    SolomonPhoenix
    vVv Fedora (4x)
    BigOilersFan (2x)
    Kanuck
    BeppoBinBeppo

Assistant Pros
    king justinian
    ToochNasty
    erunama
    Sausage8046
    W1gg1n

Thanks everyone for playing and have a great week in game!

• Options
    OPArsenalOPArsenal Registered User regular
    Contrary to popular belief, I have not falen off the face of the earth, nor have I fallen off its ass.

I have some unfortunate circumstances playing out, the least of which is not my neighbors lockig up their previously (and gloriously) unlocked wifi. All I ask the other GMs is to not purge me, because I have every intention of actually paying for Intertron as soon as I am able. I have been an horrible mooch and now karma is assessing a multiple stroke penalty. She can be such a Luddite mistress.

I have several unread messages and to the fine gentlemen wishing to gain access, I offer an apology. A burnt offering wouldn't be too much, but unfortunately, my neighbors have locked their goat pens as well. Inconsiderate fuckers. I will be back and when I am, links will be hit.

This space for rent
  • Options
    ToneLoc777ToneLoc777 Registered User regular
    Sorry I've been MIA lately. It's probably going to continue until next Friday when the semester finally ends for me. If there are players waiting to get in, feel free to drop me for now and I'll beg my way back in when I'm able to contribute again.

ToneLoc777.png
  • Options
    STARS FOR THE STAR GOD!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Up to 3 star pro!

Steel Fedora on
  • Options
    When other people set up tournaments could you set it for multiple tries? I just failed out of the weekly because it's at one try only and it locked up 15 holes into the third day.

I probably made that one too lol

• Options
    I've found installing to HD helps with some of the freezing issues.

And agreed on the tourney tries. Don't mind the dailies being on try, but with the weekly you quadruple your chances of being locked out due to a freeze.

I'll put up a status of the club post when I get home from work tonight

• Options
    I have it installed to the HDD on the home machine and play from the disc at work. Both have had lockups, so it doesn't appear related to either. I have a PatriotXT USB stick that I'll try installing it to at work and see if that helps.

• Options
    STATE OF THE CLUB AS WRITTEN BY A GUY ON HIS WAY OUT THE DOOR TO GO PLAY REAL GOLF AT MYRTLE BEACH

Penny Arcadia is a golf country club group in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 for the XBox 360. They are a 3-star professional club with 424,564 status points, and will become a 4-star club at 500,000 status points.

For Platinum: Still need H2H matches, club tournaments, and 75k more status points

Last Week:

Tournaments

Weekly - vVv Fedora (-45)

Daily - 5/6/12 - vVv Fedora (-11)

LIVE TOURNAMENT RANKINGS (Club tournament $$)

1. Khinetic
    2. Big Oilers Fan
    3. vVv Fedora
    4. SolomonPhoenix
    5. BeppoBinBeppo

Weekly Results:

Club Champ

vVv Fedora

Club Pro

reunama
    BigOilersFan
    SolomonPhoenix
    Khinetic
    BeppoBinBeppo

Assistant Pro

Sausage8046
    LawlessCube
    Kanuck
    W1gg1n
    Gabe

• Options
    I feel like I'm necro-ing this thread...

I'm noticing that it's only the same three or four names popping up in the daily tournaments. What would get more people participating?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Let's try FABULOUS CASH PRIZES!

RodO on
  • Options
    I would participate if I could. 25 member limit is beyond stupid.

• Options
    Sorry guys out of town most of last week plus some movie came out that everyone was seeing. I'll be traveling to a conference this week so probably be on even less. Also there was a game I'm suppose to pick up today, what was it again?????

• Options
    I'm pretty sure it's Battleship.

• Options
    edited May 2012

I'm noticing that it's only the same three or four names popping up in the daily tournaments. What would get more people participating?

Honestly? I think we need to turn on the caddy options and dial back the difficulty. Even if it's just manual caddies and default pro difficulty, I think that might encourage more people to participate, or just ratchet it down to easy mode with auto-caddies for a while. I think it's just that when we're playing in a club tournament, we want to go in feeling we'll have a shot at doing well instead of inducing a controller-throwing rage. :)

Also, don't know if anyone noticed, but Wolf Creek, Emerald Dragon, and TPC Blue Monster (Doral) are unlocked now.

SolomonPhoenix on
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Honestly? I think we need to turn on the caddy options and dial back the difficulty. Even if it's just manual caddies and default pro difficulty, I think that might encourage more people to participate, or just ratchet it down to easy mode with auto-caddies for a while. I think it's just that when we're playing in a club tournament, we want to go in feeling we'll have a shot at doing well instead of inducing a controller-throwing rage. :)

Also, don't know if anyone noticed, but Wolf Creek, Emerald Dragon, and TPC Blue Monster (Doral) are unlocked now.

I've been experimenting with the settings and it doesn't seem like people play more when it's auto caddy than when it's caddy off. It's the same couple of people. We just get really inflated scores that way lol

RodO on
  • Options
    RIP Penny Arcadia.

Killed by Diablo III and an irritating tendency for the game to freeze up all the damn time

• Options
    DCLabsDCLabs Waterloo, ONRegistered User new member
    Joined, FWIW. Game for club tourneys or matches, as they come.

• Options
    KazokaKazoka Cambridge, MNRegistered User new member
    Hey guys! I was wondering if there might be an open spot in the club, inactive member or some such. I really would like to try the club experience with like minded players! I'm a multi-day a week player and think it would be a blast to play the tournaments.

Thanks!!