As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Grab a big bag of Cheetos and some 'Dew on the way over, it's the [Tabletop Games Thread]

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Kegpha
    That one took me a minute.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    It is a shockingly good bad fantasy name

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Seriously...

dungeons_and_dragons_04_stor.jpg1711_kesha_a.jpg

What the hell?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Ke$ha was my backup New Vegas character

Gaga was my Dragon Age

If I ever do Skyrim it will probably be Kanye

Mass Effect will be Nicki Minaj

What should I call this setting?

Dungeons and Dragonforce?
    We Built This Generic Medieval Fantasy Setting On Rock And Roll?
    Rolling Stones?
    While My Lute Gently Weeps?

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    What about the Temples of Syrinx?

Hahaha

I might make that into an adventure

I somehow just now had the realization that the Led Zeppelin could be a location

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Wait until you hit Crystal Ship.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Take a ride on the Grand Funk Lightning Rail.

Jump between crystal spheres on the Jefferson Starjammer.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Which sets the stage for the Alan Parsons Project, which I believe was some sort of hovercraft.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    A band of misfits, lost in the strange world of Kansas. Far from home and living on a prayer. Will they come together or be forced to walk the line alone? Will they find the mystical black keys that will thwart the tide of evil and finally clean up the noise pollution? Only time will tell, but for now the embattled people of Kansas are holding out for a hero.

This is Dungeons & Dragonforce.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    The infamous Black Eyes have continued their dark conquest across the world.

Thousands have fallen under their control and surely more will join them.

What are YOU going to do about it?

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So the Blues brothers would be Paladins, or Clerics?

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Who plays bluegrass?

Devils, I think.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

pallies

they are on a mission from god

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Who plays bluegrass?

Devils, I think.

halflings

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »

pallies

they are on a mission from god

Well, that's what I was thinking.

I'm kind of in love with the idea of Freddy Mercury being a paladin, I think
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Who plays bluegrass?

Devils, I think.

halflings

Most likely. They already have folk.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of in love with the idea of Freddy Mercury being a paladin, I think

BISMILLAH

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    God man.

The more I hear about this the more I want a campaign setting.

Quire.jpg
  • DimosarDimosar I am the Brain Genius Registered User regular
    The great river that runs through this land: The Clearwater.

Dimosar wrote: »
    The great river that runs through this land: The Clearwater.

Yes excellent.

Divinities:

The Old Gods:
    Johann
    Mo'zart
    Chopin
    Beeth Oven
    Vagnus
    Gersh
    Viva'aldi
    Ha N'del
    Tchaikovsky

The Deified (more cult like):
    The Great King
    Moon
    Von Mercure
    Mikhail, son of Jack
    The Circle of 27

Yep, I am liking this.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    guys, i'm bored and want to muck around with DnD. I am however short sighted by things i like only. so a game.

Someone name a player race. someone else name a class. they will be paired as they come. if you suggest both your entry is disqualified.

Go.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Shadar Kai

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    Which edition? If it's 3.5, Binder.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Shadar Kai

Bladesinger

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Giff

What about Alain Y. of the Wyrd?

Tox wrote: »
    Shadar Kai

Bladesinger

this isn't a very interesting build because it does it well.
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    level 1
    Shadar-kai, Bladesinger
    Blade Magic: Longsword [Blade Magic]

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 11, Dex 16, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 11, Dex 14, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 10.

AC: 18 Fort: 11 Reflex: 14 Will: 14
    HP: 23 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +9, Acrobatics +10, Athletics +5, Perception +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance, Heal +2, History +4, Insight +2, Intimidate, Nature +2, Religion +4, Stealth +5, Streetwise, Thievery +3

FEATS
    Level 1: Heavy Blade Expertise

POWERS
    Bladesinger at-will 1: Dazzling Sunray
    Bladesinger at-will 1: Unseen Hand
    Bladesinger at-will 1: Shadow Sever
    Bladesinger Cantrips: Light
    Bladesinger Cantrips: Mage Hand
    Bladesinger Cantrips: Disrupt Undead
    Bladesinger encounter 1: Force Orb
    Bladesinger encounter 1: Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation

ITEMS
    Leather Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Longsword
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

• WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    Fighter

Whyther wrote: »
    Fighter

kenku

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Whyther wrote: »
    Fighter

kenku

I'm not sure what is going on here, but i like it. if you're always flanking, you're destroying people.
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    level 1
    Kenku, Fighter
    Fighter: Combat Agility
    Fighter Talents: Tempest Technique

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 18, Con 10, Dex 15, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 18, Con 10, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 11.

AC: 17 Fort: 16 Reflex: 13 Will: 11
    HP: 25 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Endurance +4, Streetwise +6, Athletics +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +1, Arcana, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering, Heal, History, Insight, Intimidate +1, Nature, Perception, Religion, Stealth +3, Thievery +1

FEATS
    Level 1: Two-Weapon Fighting

POWERS
    Fighter at-will 1: Dual Strike
    Fighter at-will 1: Vicious Offensive
    Fighter encounter 1: Funneling Flurry
    Fighter daily 1: Tempest Dance

ITEMS
    Scourge (2), Chainmail
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

So I am playing a new DND 3.5 campaign, but I have encountered some difficulties.

My character is a telepath who's been imprisoned for 23 years (he's 48) and now acts as the ambassador for a Dwarven king. The telepath is built around diplomacy, I mean really built around it.

But I think the DM has straight up acknowledged that he isn't going to follow those rules. I mean when my guy is being yelled at by the town guards and I get a 36 on my diplomacy check they don't keep yelling at me.

So I guess I will see how the next session goes but if my guy keeps being negated I'll have to talk to the DM.

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Actually I guess it will depend mostly on party makeup

I want an all dragonborn party that just goes on wacky rapventures
    Yes.
    YES.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Wait, I'm confused. The Guards do or don't keep yelling at you? If they don't, then isn't your character working as intended? Or is that a typo?

Wait, I'm confused. The Guards do or don't keep yelling at you? If they don't, then isn't your character working as intended? Or is that a typo?

They keep on yelling at me and escalate to beating my character.

He's basically negated the entire diplomacy skill and thus the prime ability of my character.

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Orc

YEAH ORC

xmassig2.gif
This discussion has been closed.