As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legend of Korra: PANIC!!!! Episode 4 Is Uploaded!!!!

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Also this episode was great.
    Fuck northern water tribe guy, Amon is still terrifying and everyone's wearing fancy clothes! It's like my birthday came early!

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Trippy, don't you dare turn this thread into the new MSPA thread

Stop it now, before it's too late

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Feelings are boring sparring is awesome

:^:

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    He's in cahoots with Amon

calling it

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    man people are being too hard on Tarrlok

yeah he's kind of a douche but at least he's not sitting there twiddling his thumbs like the rest of the city

PNk1Ml4.png
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »

I don't read MSPA?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    man people are being too hard on Tarrlok

yeah he's kind of a douche but at least he's not sitting there twiddling his thumbs like the rest of the city

He's this close to being the series Lex Luthor. He may or may not be an ally with Amon, but he's still a foe Korra has to defeat later on. He might pose a larger threat than Amon due to his connections, manipulative abilities and political power.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    if Amon's secret identity is any character we've met so far, my guess would be Tarrlock

actively creating situations that give the Equalists examples to point to of bending oppression

Speed Racer on
    and sure he has three ponytails and smells like a lady, but look at DAT CHIN

Tarrlok2.png

PNk1Ml4.png
    if Amon's secret identity is any character we've met so far, my guess would be Tarrlock

actively creating situations that give the Equalists examples to point to of bending oppression

Amon's skin is too light to be Water Tribe

PNk1Ml4.png
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular

Amon's skin is too light to be Water Tribe

3225997+_bae8d9161923e9b520462978eeef9277.gif

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The way Korra had a flashback (showing grown up Aang, Sokka and Toph. Full grown Sokka looks bad ass btw. Although no Wang Fire beard) makes me suspect that Amon at least has some connection to Aang. Someone the Gaang put down when they were somewhat older maybe

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Tarrlock makes mention of just such a thing in the council meeting.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    most recent episode, duh
    kinda wondering why we didn't see an avatar state during the confrontation with amon

I mean yeah yeah korra isn't spiritual but the previous series suggests the avatar state is before being mastered like a defense mechanism, kicking in automatically whenever the current avatar is in danger or under enough stress
    doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would be limited by an avatar's unwillingness to meditate

0BnD8l3.gif
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    most recent episode, duh
    kinda wondering why we didn't see an avatar state during the confrontation with amon

I mean yeah yeah korra isn't spiritual but the previous series suggests the avatar state is before being mastered like a defense mechanism, kicking in automatically whenever the current avatar is in danger or under enough stress
    doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would be limited by an avatar's unwillingness to meditate
    presumably the chi-blocking stopped it from activating

PNk1Ml4.png
  • The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Regarding the Avatar State:
    I rationalize this in one of a few ways.

The first is that Korra is so absolutely out of touch with her spiritual side that she cannot access the Avatar State at all. Aang wasn't too up on spiritual stuff at the start, but he was miles ahead of where Korra is right now simply by virtue of his airbender training.

The second is that the Avatar State doesn't always kick in when the Avatar is in danger; there's a few points in the original series where Aang gets in life-threatening danger but doesn't trigger the Avatar State.

The third is that, somehow, the spirit shenanigans of the Avatar State knew that Korra's life wasn't actually in danger, because MAGIC.

The problem with Tarrlok is that he's actively exacerbating the city's problems. What he's done doesn't help defuse tensions with the Equalists in any way.

The_Tuninator on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Thetheroo wrote: »

I don't read MSPA?

there are no prerequisites for being able to homestuck up a thread

I can confirm that this thread turned into the mspa thread once already

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Regarding the Avatar State:
    I rationalize this in one of a few ways.

The first is that Korra is so absolutely out of touch with her spiritual side that she cannot access the Avatar State at all. Aang wasn't too up on spiritual stuff at the start, but he was miles ahead of where Korra is right now simply by virtue of his airbender training.

The second is that the Avatar State doesn't always kick in when the Avatar is in danger; there's a few points in the original series where Aang gets in life-threatening danger but doesn't trigger the Avatar State.

The third is that, somehow, the spirit shenanigans of the Avatar State knew that Korra's life wasn't actually in danger, because MAGIC.

The problem with Tarrlok is that he's actively exacerbating the city's problems. What he's done doesn't help defuse tensions with the Equalists in any way.
    Tarrlok seems to be exploiting the situation to gain more power, like Tenzin said. It's in his best interests to ramp up tensions with the non-benders, making him Amon's equal but opposite. The two don't need to be allies (or Tarrlok being Amon's secret identity) for them both to benefit from Amon's reveloution to "succeed" just long enough for Tarrlok to bring the government's full weight down on the Equalists heads.

Harry Dresden on
    Amon's plans speculation
    I think he had the chi-blocking force with him specifically to avoid the avatar state

he's waiting for Korra to willingly induce the avatar state, use the inevitable destruction as proof that the avatar is too powerful to exist in this world, and then try to debend her while she's in it

PNk1Ml4.png
    Amon's plans speculation
    I think he had the chi-blocking force with him specifically to avoid the avatar state

he's waiting for Korra to willingly induce the avatar state, use the inevitable destruction as proof that the avatar is too powerful to exist in this world, and then try to debend her while she's in it
    Personally, I hope that his plan is to lure her to Republic City, induce the Avatar State, and then kill her in it in order to deal a permanent blow to the benders of the world by eradicating their most visible symbol and champion forever.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    will amon try to kill korra while she's in the avatar state?
    maybe? that isn't exactly a widely-known fact

but then, neither is the whole energybending thing

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular

edited April 2012
    Amon's plans speculation

Personally, I hope that his plan is to lure her to Republic City, induce the Avatar State, and then kill her in it in order to deal a permanent blow to the benders of the world by eradicating their most visible symbol and champion forever.
    I'm not sure Amon will ever resort to straight up murder

debending is a stronger expression of power

also, you know, it would still allow the show to go on and explore what exactly this means for the avatar

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    actually does the avatar state ever kick in when AANG is in danger? it's usually when someone he cares about is in danger, like when the earth general threatens to kill katara or when he finds out about monk gyatso

Amon's plans speculation

I'm not sure Amon will ever resort to straight up murder

debending is a stronger expression of power

also, you know, it would still allow the show to go on and explore what exactly this means for the avatar

most recent episode
    he specifically talks about his plans for korra's demise

that exact word

demise

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Of course it does. That's how he got frozen in the iceberg in the first place.

It happens a couple more times during the series.

edited April 2012
    Shabooty wrote: »
    I think he'll try, yeah. I don't think he'll succeed, though.
    The Avatar State has consistently served as a means by which to remind villains "hey, man, you're fucking with the literal incarnation of the world spirit right here. You're out of your league."
    Even Amon, smooth, suave and in-control as he is, will be in for an unpleasant surprise when he encounters the Avatar State, I think.

I am interested to see if they'll give Korra any visuals besides the glowing eyes. Aang's glowing tattoo made his usage of the Avatar State even more visually distinctive than normal. Korra doesn't really have that, although Korra with the glowing eyes alone should be incredibly badass.

The_Tuninator on
    Avatar state Korra will feature glowing eyes

and arms

there is currently no information about when the new episode will be posted on the nick website

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Wait last week the new episode was up by now right? I seem to recall watching it after work, but the new one isn't up yet

hair pieces?!

no it will definitely be the guns

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Regarding Amon
    He could the son or relative of the guy mentioned in the flashback

Great episode as well, Tenzin's kids are aces

Seriously wrote: »

and arms

I imagine her hair pieces and armbands will glow

PNk1Ml4.png
    hair pieces?!

no it will definitely be the guns

look if the guns start glowing they're never gonna stop and then how is she supposed to sleep

PNk1Ml4.png
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Wait last week the new episode was up by now right? I seem to recall watching it after work, but the new one isn't up yet

yeah. last week it was up almost before the episode had finished airing.

you know what this show needs

for its delightful police force to show up more often

0BnD8l3.gif
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I can't wait for the episode where Chief Bei Fong begrudgingly admits respect for Korra

edited April 2012

and arms

I imagine her hair pieces and armbands will glow

That would be rad.
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    you know what this show needs

for its delightful police force to show up more often

I too want more ultraviolent raids on underground criminal headquarters. That sequence was fantastic. Can't wait to see the metalbending paratrooper zeppelin police show up again, too.

Best police ever.

The_Tuninator on
    she gets results

I can't wait for the episode where Chief Bei Fong unleashes a world of hurt on some bad guys.

This discussion has been closed.