As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sean Bean was impaled in the making of this [CHAT]

• radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I have too much anxiety to play with people on ME3. I think Quid thinks I'm nuts!

boo! it's guaranteed 100% good times for the whole family. also, you should friend me with your brobox ID if you have one.

I will! I'm not on there much an I only got Live to multiplayer to raise my readiness and I don't know if I'll keep it!

I just have weird social anxiety that flares up and I panicked and didn't want to make an ass of myself. Yay, irrationality!

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Oh fuck you ME3
    who embedded this war slut on my ship?

I mean really, a latex miniskirted Chobot? AHAHAHAHAHA WAR ASSET I GET IT KILL ME NOW PLEASE.

Imma getting my neckbeard on.
    It is kinda cool when you walk in on her doing a report about your home getting wiped out though.

(I'm assuming the game works out our location roughly by ip address. If they just picked Adelaide to be the city that gets destroyed that's just weird.)

Internet says it's a coincidence, it actually is hard coded in.

Man that's a huge missed opportunity. Would have been awesome. Like that game that tries to match your windows profile name to a list so it can whisper your name every now and then when you're playing after midnight.

Black & White - that was a game full of neat ideas but devoid of compelling gameplay. Which is sad, because it had kind of a nice "feel" to it - although it only really worked if you were good. They didn't sell "evil' so well.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I am much less bothered by games or media depicting attractive people and even trying to make those people attractive to the audience than I am by media that reduce those people to nothing but attractiveness and/or cater to only one flavor of sexuality. Chobot is in ME3 wearing tight-but-not-particularly-risque clothing and playing a character who has agency, a personality, and goals. If that's pandering, I frankly think games could use a lot more of that sort of pandering.

I am only basing this off my first impression from the introduction of the character. If they are better fleshed out great.

I'm not against sexuality or attractiveness in games but seriously it's just so goddamn prevalent and with ME3 starting off as it does we go BOOM right into an outfit meant for a dance club.

Maybe there's a reason for it other than cleavage but I haven't seen it yet. There are ways to do attractive without overdoing it is all I'm sayin'.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Oh man I feel so conservative arguing that an outfit is too risque for a situation.

Is this how I become a Will? :(

i don't think you're successful enough to be a will

Oh man I feel so conservative arguing that an outfit is too risque for a situation.

edited April 2012
    I am much less bothered by games or media depicting attractive people and even trying to make those people attractive to the audience than I am by media that reduce those people to nothing but attractiveness and/or cater to only one flavor of sexuality. Chobot is in ME3 wearing tight-but-not-particularly-risque clothing and playing a character who has agency, a personality, and goals. If that's pandering, I frankly think games could use a lot more of that sort of pandering.

I am only basing this off my first impression from the introduction of the character. If they are better fleshed out great.

I'm not against sexuality or attractiveness in games but seriously it's just so goddamn prevalent and with ME3 starting off as it does we go BOOM right into an outfit meant for a dance club.

Maybe there's a reason for it other than cleavage but I haven't seen it yet. There are ways to do attractive without overdoing it is all I'm sayin'.

The main problem with that outfit is that it doesn't look like she can move in it at all, and it just screams that she makes poor wardrobe decisions - not unlike dozens of people who have not fully considered their body morphology before adopting a fashion trend.

EDIT: What I am saying is that Diana Allers seems trashy as hell.

electricitylikesme on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    oh shit it's raining now like whoa

I better batten down the hatches

rRwz9.gif
    Organichu wrote: »

Wow.

Emasculated with truth.

And with that this sad sod goes to dreamland.

hey we are together in this

i've been trying to be will for like 2 years, but no matter how judgmental i get i still don't own a swank condo in cambridge

Organichu wrote: »

Wow.

Emasculated with truth.

And with that this sad sod goes to dreamland.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    what was the post quid doesn't wnat us to see

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    OhfNv.jpg

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    what was the post quid doesn't wnat us to see

this feels like a line from one of those popup ads about local moms and one trick for a tiny belly

rRwz9.gif
    cass that kitten is rad

rRwz9.gif
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    d'awwwwwww

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    KITTEH

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Inquiring Kitteh is inquiring.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    can't sleep, depressed, aaron had to go home, blugh

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    deebaser fought no fewer than 12 people during his wedding

after the limo the ambulances were lined up along the block

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    deebaser fought no fewer than 12 people during his wedding

after the limo the ambulances were lined up along the block

*nods*

satisfactory

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I don't usually like the cat photos but that's a great one cass

slept for 2 hours, woke up for no reason. but I'm gonna blame it on seeing the play at my old high school tonight. always makes me emotional in lots of different ways.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    can't sleep, depressed, aaron had to go home, blugh

But but...you has kittehs!

Have you exposed them to catnip yet?

• FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    TheCrowingOne asked me to multi some MassEffect today, but I don't have XBLGold. I fee.ll p bad about this

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Man, it is nasty out there today - cold, windy and pissing it down. :(

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    JACOB we need to be xbox friends and play mass effects sometime

I just got the salarian engineer but I don't know if I will play it because there is no overload!

I love electrocuting people!

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    JACOB we need to be xbox friends and play mass effects sometime

I just got the salarian engineer but I don't know if I will play it because there is no overload!

I love electrocuting people!

The combined Drain Energy/Incinerate is super sexy. Just equip a shotgun or assault rifle (something that gives you a big power-recharge bonus) and you can charge around re-charging your shields from shielded opponents, and burning down armoured opponents.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I am much less bothered by games or media depicting attractive people and even trying to make those people attractive to the audience (which is to say, basically not at all) than I am by media that reduce those people to nothing but attractiveness and/or cater to only one flavor of sexuality. Chobot is in ME3 wearing tight-but-not-particularly-risque clothing and playing a character who has agency, a personality, and goals. If that's pandering, I frankly think games could use a lot more of that sort of pandering.

Imma agree with this. There's not much about it that strikes me as horrible about Diana Allers. I mean there's absolutely some uncanney valley issues and she's not a great voice actor but I'm not seeing anything to get up in arms about. Hell, she did the pulled off the voice acting thing better then MaleShep did in ME1 by a pretty large margin in my opinion.

I dunno, I guess a lot of the outcry against the whole thing struck me as "Chobot is in the game? But here on the internets we make fun of Chobot! This is bullshit!"

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I have too much anxiety to play with people on ME3. I think Quid thinks I'm nuts!

boo! it's guaranteed 100% good times for the whole family. also, you should friend me with your brobox ID if you have one.

I will! I'm not on there much an I only got Live to multiplayer to raise my readiness and I don't know if I'll keep it!

I just have weird social anxiety that flares up and I panicked and didn't want to make an ass of myself. Yay, irrationality!

Rad? If the PA community can handle playing with @Thanatos we're really probably up for just about anything.

( I wuv you, Than. Also be on tomorrow. Daddy needs him some Gold action)

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    I am looking at mini DV cameras.
    FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
    Can I use this in my bedroom to record some extreme indoor sports?
    Yes you may. You will need to leave the lights in the bedroom since this camera does not have a IR function.

Hmmm. I don't know if this is deliberate or if the chinese manufacturer has taken a joke question literally.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    My wife is the wussiest and OMG LOOK AT THAT KITTY

ALSO GUYS SOMEONE GAVE ME A KEYBOARD!

BRING ME MORE DBZ ABRIDGED

Quid have you been drinking

no

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    ...called it!

I just wondered, I think we are in opposed timezones so you might conceivably be settling down with a beverage or beverages for the evening while I am having my morning coffee.

Quid wrote: »
    ...called it!

SO. GOOD.
    japan wrote: »
    I just wondered, I think we are in opposed timezones so you might conceivably be settling down with a beverage or beverages for the evening while I am having my morning coffee.

Thus is the nature of island paradise.

Soon I will be moving to another coast to kill Preacher. Who cheats at ME3 multi.

Since when do I like Guns 'n Roses?

Apparently there are "objections" to the mounting of surface to air missile systems on residential tower blocks for the duration of the Olympics.

I wonder why that could possibly be.

The reasoning is apparently "terrorism" but I'm struggling to think of a terrorist threat for which surface to air missiles are a useful response. Especially given the likely scale of destruction that would result from shooting something down over an area as densely populated as Central London.

This discussion has been closed.