As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game Deals Thread

• RembladeRemblade Pobodies Nerfect. Shepherd RepublicRegistered User regular
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Just saw a deal going on Steam.
    If you preorder Torchlight 2 (NOW WITH CO-OP!), you get a free copy of torchlight 1.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Ok I know I'm asking in the right place now. So I found a pair of Gunnar MW3 glasses and case on sale for 42 bucks, do I go for it? I'd let you guys know where but its just one pair in a local store.

That sounds like an amazing deal. Because, unless I'm mistaken, most Gunnar products are easily $100+? I've wanted to get some of those for being on computers all day, but then I actually got an IT job and staring at screens all day really isn't all that bad.

Yeah I can tell it's a decent deal. I'm just wondering if anybody here has any experience with them, and if I should get them then how hard should I be jumping on this deal?

I'm not sure if you're still considering picking them up but I actually own two pairs of them myself. I have a pair of their Talon computer glasses I use at work and I liked them so much I grabbed a pair of gaming ones at Best Buy a few weeks ago for home use (they have the same lenses) - I don't remember the style but I think they were like $90ish. They look slightly goofy as the yellow makes you feel like you're headed to the firing range or to sing "With or Without You" but they really work well otherwise.

They have completely eliminated any eye strain headaches I have at work (I use a double LCD monitor setup with florescent lights) and they are super comfortable. If you have any issues with your eyes hurting after a long of screen time I'd say they're worth a shot.

• ThemadcowThemadcow Registered User regular
    For UK based forumers, Jagged Alliance 2 Gold (physical copy) for £1.99 on Play.com - gogogogo.

In other vaguely-game-deal-related UK news, it seems that Virgin Media is finally in contact with Steam over hosted content, y'know - so you don't have to spend 3 days downloading 1 game with your spiffy 20mb broadband...

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    wow, might have to finally get those SMT games. only have dds one.

for like, collection's sake even

oh persona 3 FES is $20 as well but I'm not sure if that's a sale, saw it when I added these to my cart

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Variable wrote: »
    wow, might have to finally get those SMT games. only have dds one.

for like, collection's sake even

oh persona 3 FES is $20 as well but I'm not sure if that's a sale, saw it when I added these to my cart

FES is $10 or $15 on the PSN store if you own a ps3, vari

interrobang on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    ah cool, thanks

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Magic Pink on
  • G RolG Rol Dorsia? Nobody goes there anymore... Nell'sRegistered User regular
    Preordering Lollipop Chainsaw from Amazon will get you the "Rockabilly" (Bettie Page) costume. If you're at all interested in the game $45.00 is pretty hard to resist. I'm sure all the costumes will be available as DLC at some point.

The Evild Dead 2/Ash costume you get as a Gamestop preorder is pretty swanky...but not an extra $15.00 worth of swanky.

G%20Rol.jpg
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    G Rol wrote: »
    Preordering Lollipop Chainsaw from Amazon will get you the "Rockabilly" (Bettie Page) costume. If you're at all interested in the game $45.00 is pretty hard to resist. I'm sure all the costumes will be available as DLC at some point.

The Evild Dead 2/Ash costume you get as a Gamestop preorder is pretty swanky...but not an extra $15.00 worth of swanky.

Oh you asshole...

$45 + Bettie Page costume, I was going to wait on this but that's pretty tempting. Should I do it? I'm gonna do it!

Should I do it...?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    G Rol wrote: »

Oh you asshole...

$45 + Bettie Page costume, I was going to wait on this but that's pretty tempting. Should I do it? I'm gonna do it!

Should I do it...?

I saw that costume and it looks like crap. I SO want the goth and funky diva ones but 15$ saved will probably get me those easy or I can trade the rockabilly code for them.

My only problem, STILL, is I love everything about the game except for the tiny snippets of gameplay I've actually managed to find which just look so dull.

edited April 2012
    Hmm, Image searched the Rockabillie costume. Its not as great as I'd imagined... ahh what the hell, I'll bite.

Edit: HA! bite Get it? Zombies.... oh ho ho, I'm funny.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm torn... on the one hand, I love Suda. On the other, the combat looks... generic? But you know, people harshed on Shadows of the Damned and I loved it (though having NG+ would have given me some incentive to keep it for replayability).

Man, this is hard. I just got paid, so I'm flush. But I have so many games to play already... and I just got Prototype 2. Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: Okay, just watched a trailer. Totally fucking buying this. Like, now.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
    I'm torn... on the one hand, I love Suda. On the other, the combat looks... generic? But you know, people harshed on Shadows of the Damned and I loved it (though having NG+ would have given me some incentive to keep it for replayability).

Man, this is hard. I just got paid, so I'm flush. But I have so many games to play already... and I just got Prototype 2. Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: Okay, just watched a trailer. Totally fucking buying this. Like, now.

Also, you wont get charged the $45 till the game ships in June anyways :)

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    As someone who has already pre-ordered the game at GameStop, but likes $15 off, loves Bettie Page and hates Evil Dead...

Dammit, I was just in GameStop this morning! Wish I'd known to cancel my pre-order then.

Or I guess I could just trade someone the Ash code for the Rockabilly one

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    $8 Augemented Edition Deus Ex at Amazon (PC download) http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005HRZ3N0

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Oh man Deus Ex for that price is mighty tempting.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    If you're stretched for funds, Deus Ex goes on sale for 7.50 on some website like every two weeks really.

As someone who has already pre-ordered the game at GameStop, but likes $15 off, loves Bettie Page and hates Evil Dead...

Dammit, I was just in GameStop this morning! Wish I'd known to cancel my pre-order then.

Or I guess I could just trade someone the Ash code for the Rockabilly one

You could always just preorder with Amazon and not worry about your GS preorder. Then at a later time use the credit for something else?

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So... 360 version of Lollipop the best one?

Krathoon on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    So... 360 version of Lollipop the best one?

No one knows

The game isn't out for another month and a half

But based on history, yes

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    gamestop's impulse site has batman AC for $15 and batman AA for $5
    i have been trying for 2 DAYS now to buy AC but it refuses to accept my credit card info. hopefully paypal approves my card before the deal goes away... BTW these are NOT the steamworks version of the game

Local H Jay on
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Best Buy has Battlefield 3 (PS3 or Xbox 360) for $20 with free shipping or free store pick-up.

Not the greatest game admittedly but Best Buy has Duke Nukem Forever for $4.99.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    Best Buy has Battlefield 3 (PS3 or Xbox 360) for $20 with free shipping or free store pick-up.

Crap...and I just got it a couple weeks ago used from Blockbuster. :cry:
    Le sigh. Oh well, I've enjoyed the hours I've already put into it, so no big deal right?

...RIGHT?

:(

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Not the greatest game admittedly but Best Buy has Duke Nukem Forever for $4.99.

If they threw in a jalapeno/pickle juice enema for free, it might be worth it.

Man, DNF aint that bad :P

Have to admit - this is the 2nd time I bought it. I got it for $9.99 around Christmas on the 360, played through a level or two and then sold my 360 along with the game. For 4.99 this weekend I couldn't resist and rebought it for the PS3. I know it's not a great game, but it's a FPS that focuses on the single player, isn't hugely difficult and I really like the shrunk down vehicle segments.

• BullioBullio Registered User regular

Have to admit - this is the 2nd time I bought it. I got it for $9.99 around Christmas on the 360, played through a level or two and then sold my 360 along with the game. For 4.99 this weekend I couldn't resist and rebought it for the PS3. I know it's not a great game, but it's a FPS that focuses on the single player, isn't hugely difficult and I really like the shrunk down vehicle segments.

The multiplayer is actually really, really fun. It's probably really dead on the PC now, but I had a riot with it even with the persistent varying degrees of lag.

steam_sig.png
    gamestop's impulse site has batman AC for $15 and batman AA for $5
    i have been trying for 2 DAYS now to buy AC but it refuses to accept my credit card info. hopefully paypal approves my card before the deal goes away... BTW these are NOT the steamworks version of the game

best buy has matched this and i have the game now. i hope this is the steam version, but this time i have no clue

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    The only versions which registered on steam were those video card pack ins

steam_sig.png
    poooooop

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Don't know what is going on but Best Buy has DNF for PS3 for $2.99.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Nin^2 Jump just went down to 200 points on Live. It's a platformer made by Cave. Absolutely loved it back when it came out!

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Turkey wrote: »
    Nin^2 Jump just went down to 200 points on Live. It's a platformer made by Cave. Absolutely loved it back when it came out!

i bought it by mistake (went to buy Outland, scrolled one too far and didnt notice) and it was a real pleasant surprise. And i believe the money went to Tsunami relief, so I felt OK with it.

It is crazy, insane japaneese, so if you like that stuff, youll love it.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    gamefly has ace combat assault horizon for $12.99 360 ps3

• AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    gamefly has ace combat assault horizon for $12.99 360 ps3

Thats the kind of price I been waiting for. Thanks man

This discussion has been closed.