As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Movin on out. The moving thread!

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Oh my goodness how I miss having posts that are posted in the ORDER THEY WERE GODDAMN SUBMITTED

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I am unreasonably excited about getting to live on an island for four months.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Trillian wrote: »
    Are you just winging the employment thing?

I'm thinking of signing up for a couple of employment agencies a few weeks before I leave, maybe sending out a few applications

but yeah, winging it for the most part.

I've got some good experience and am willing to take a pay cut. I'm pretty confident.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »

I'd love to live on an island.

Give me a year and I'll be politicin' like crazy.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

It's not so great

I was going to type a joking response to that, but in seriousness, what makes it "not so great"? I'm curious!

Real strong, facetious.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

I could make this happen....

7656367.jpg
    Oh no.

The power of being the wrestling thread General Manager has gone to TLB's head.

What a completely shocking turn of events.

Real strong, facetious.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Go on...

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Wait for it.

But.

You are all on an island right now.

Except for that guy who is plane posting.

Go on...

well how do you feel about being shipwrecked?

7656367.jpg
    Blake T wrote: »
    Wait for it.

But.

You are all on an island right now.

Except for that guy who is plane posting.

Or the dudes boatposting.

boastpoting.

toastroasting.

Real strong, facetious.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

I'm thinking of signing up for a couple of employment agencies a few weeks before I leave, maybe sending out a few applications

I've got some good experience and am willing to take a pay cut. I'm pretty confident.

what are you trained to do, mr. pipe?

Go on...

As long as you leave me with a gun and 1 bullet.

FOR YOU!!!!

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular

What's your industry??

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hash pipe specializes in theme parties, specifically 1990 era raves.

Blake T on

Go on...

FOR YOU!!!!

oh

you think i'll be there?

7656367.jpg
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

Wait, I thought you were English

godmode on

Go on...

FOR YOU!!!!

oh

you think i'll be there?

I'll find you!

• existexist Registered User regular
    Swill wrote: »
    I had an interview, and a second one coming up.

Eugene sucks, and so does Portland. I don't know what I'm doing anymore, but I'm going headfirst into it.

:rotate:

UmPiq.png
    Now that the smilies are gone and people are just saying things inside colons, I feel that the forum is even more passive aggressive.

edited April 2012
    godmode wrote: »

I am!

at heart. :( But no I'm just a boring old American.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

I am!

All my perceptions, nay, my entire worldview, is shattered.

Blake, hold me...

I am!

My dear sir, I meant not to delude! I offer the humblest and most sincere of my apologies for any obfuscation I may have wrought.

Real strong, facetious.

I am!

My dear sir, I meant not to delude! I offer the humblest and most sincere of my apologies for any obfuscation I may have wrought.

I think it's because of your choice of vocabulary, combined with the Oscar Wilde quote in your sig.

You know what? I'll just keep pretending you're English.

Blake, hold me...

Sure thing, but I can tell you from experience that viv starts to get jealous when I start to hold people for too long.

Blake T wrote: »
    Blake, hold me...

Sure thing, but I can tell you from experience that viv starts to get jealous when I start to hold people for too long.

We can risk it.

We're strong enough.

You know what? I'll just keep pretending you're English.

The greatest gift anyone can give me.

Real strong, facetious.

True story, I kissed one of my friends and she decided for revenge or something to find his girlfriend and insist they kiss too.

I... I don't think that story has a downside.

• existexist Registered User regular
    what a badass revenge

UmPiq.png
    I of course remembered none of it.

Other than kissing than kissing my friend.

Oh, so moving stories: I've moved 3 times in the past year. Most recently because my roommate turned out to be a total dick, so I'm back on my own in a large apartment with my wonderful husky puppy that I love to pieces.

Shorty wrote: »
    Kochikens wrote: »
    What's your industry??

I'm a print designer. 6 years industry experience specializing in logo and branding work and packaging but with lots of experience in publishing, promotional, stationary, web layout and decent photography skills.

I'd be happy and qualified as an in-house designer at a small or medium sized business or as a desktop publisher, designer or art director at a larger firm or publishing house.

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I want to move out.

After three years of living alone, I moved in with roommates a year ago. Well, a year in it sucks. This place is cheap as hell for the Bay Area ($667 a month) but I can't say I still care much for it. My room is perpetually too hot or too cold. I consider one of the roommates a friend but the other I find annoying.

Shorty wrote: »
    Kochikens wrote: »
    What's your industry??

I'm a print designer. 6 years industry experience specializing in logo and branding work and packaging but with lots of experience in publishing, promotional, stationary, web layout and decent photography skills.

I'd be happy and qualified as an in-house designer at a small or medium sized business or as a desktop publisher, designer or art director at a larger firm or publishing house.

I am
    zero help then!! Also, I hoped to be moved to another continent by then

speaking of that, moving thread. How much does it cost to move shit across the ocean? I'm just thinking like.. books and games and clothes and various toys and maybe my tv

A lot.

And your tv probably won't work there.

oh yeah. Right. Electrical plug stuff.

Well. Still. There is a good chance I'll be getting a chunk of cash to pay for my relocation, and I've seen estimates through googling that it can be about 5000$~? But that seems to be for moving furniture and everything. I just want my stuff.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Don't bother moving electronics, Kochi, unless they're small and portable (DSes, for example). Just too fragile and not worth it what with varying voltages and the NTSC/Pal differences.

Otherwise, when I moved to the US I moved 12 boxes of belongings by sea freight for $500. Was about 300 books, 150 DVDs, some glasses/dinnerware (only one glass broke!), clothes, a box of personal papers, etc. It included door to door delivery and took 12 weeks, but cleared customs without a hitch. I used a company called Excess Baggage and I know they do around the world moves, but are UK based, you may want to look into companies that are Canadian based for your own purposes.