As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

HULK SMASH PUNY BOX OFFICE RECORDS!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Marvels is a better use of Ross than Kingdom Come

• MattitudeMattitude Paste Pot Pete Kicking The BucketRegistered User regular
    Mandatory "I've seen Avengers because I'm in the UK and therefore I am superior" post.

Although us Brits have to suffer with the terrible 'Marvel Avengers Assemble' title. So clumsy.
    It is, however, the best film. There is almost too much fun to be had.

Also, I must say,
    Loki's "You mewling Quim!" line to Widow raised an eyebrow or four amongst my friends and I. Thought it was a little strong a cuss for a 12A picture.

Oh yeah, In case not enough people have said it yet: Hulk steals the movie. 'Nuff said.

I got this Tumblr and I don't know how to use it.
    Decide on the next line by the rhyme when I choose it.
    Also I put songs on YouTube
    The musings of this lonely rube.

I made a thread once. It didn't end well for me.
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I know people hate Millar.

But I love his Cap, all ultra confident, forever trying to g people up. Like an old forties movie star.

Regular Marvel Cap is always trying to keep his team's spirits up as well though

he's the ultimate inspiring leader

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mattitude wrote: »
    Mandatory "I've seen Avengers because I'm in the UK and therefore I am superior" post.

Although us Brits have to suffer with the terrible 'Marvel Avengers Assemble' title. So clumsy.

Also, I must say,
    Loki's "You mewling Quim!" line to Widow raised an eyebrow or four amongst my friends and I. Thought it was a little strong a cuss for a 12A picture.

Oh yeah, In case not enough people have said it yet: Hulk steals the movie. 'Nuff said.

Regarding your spoiler
    He actually fucking says that?
    In the States most people are not going to have even heard that word before but that seems to be walking the line a little for the UK

How high does that rate on the scale of inappropriate things to say over there? I don't know the relative badness

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Yeah, thought that was on par with the c-bomb, surprised to see it in a 12A movie. :P

Avengers Assemble isn't so bad. The title graphics looked lame though. :/

Oh brilliant
    Yeah, thought that was on par with the c-bomb, surprised to see it in a 12A movie. :P

Avengers Assemble isn't so bad. The title graphics looked lame though. :/

Oh brilliant
    Yeah, thought that was on par with the c-bomb, surprised to see it in a 12A movie.

Whoa

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    gonna watch iron man 2 today

ain't seen it in... well, forever. maybe since i saw it in theaters

• MattitudeMattitude Paste Pot Pete Kicking The BucketRegistered User regular

I wouldn't put it all the way up there with a case of Country Matters, but it's certainly some strong cheddar.

I got this Tumblr and I don't know how to use it.
    Decide on the next line by the rhyme when I choose it.
    Also I put songs on YouTube
    The musings of this lonely rube.

I made a thread once. It didn't end well for me.
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    gonna watch iron man 2 today

ain't seen it in... well, forever. maybe since i saw it in theaters

I was thinking of doing that too

Iron Man 1 and Incredible Hulk I can probably replay from memory at this point and I just recently saw Thor and Cap a couple times, but Iron Man 2 is back there a ways

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    so I've learned a new cuss word today

you brits though, so uptight. It seems like you've got all of our dirty words, and then a bunch of your own - at least one of which has an actual useful meaning that is apparently lost and is instead just a pejorative term for people with disabilities?

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Huh, that is an... interesting word to use.

Gotta admit though, in my mind it would absolutely hilarious to hear
    Loki drop the c-bomb on BW. Then the whole team stares at him.

"Dude. Not cool."
    "Yeah, this is goddamn America. Go invade London if you want to use language like that."

(still haven't seen it, as I live in goddamn America)

I am a brit and I confess I had never heard that word before

honestly though it was some sort of Asgardian slang

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Brits are uptight? Limey slang is some of the foulest shit I have ever heard in my life.

"Oi, I was totally gutted when that cunt at the shop didn't have my crisps. Now I'm goin to the bog to take a slash."

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Even British cuss words sound uptight and stuffy

hee i forgot how great RDJ still is in this movie

for all its flaws

he's so great

augh man the beginning of this movie is actually pretty incredible

the ideas are all there. stark's ego, the idea of vanko being there to "make god bleed", even the stark dying subplot could have worked great

justin hammer should have been the real villain after vanko did his business, not the comedy relief

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    fucking

ipad made me spend so much money on comics

poo
    There's still Iron Man 3. Rumour is that the Mandarin is getting dropped, Hammer could become the big bad guy.

What's scarier than Obi and his massive Hulkbuster style suit?

Hammer in a malfunctioning Hulkbuster style suit.

Oh brilliant
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Also, I must say,

Regarding your spoiler
    In the States most people are not going to have even heard that word before but that seems to be walking the line a little for the UK

How high does that rate on the scale of inappropriate things to say over there? I don't know the relative badness
    In Norway, the subtitles pretty much translated it as cunt
    I was all "damn!"
    Not because I mind swearing, but because it was so much worse than anything else said in the movie
    I assumed it was a funny mistake by the translators since I hadn't heard quim used before, but I guess it's pretty much the same as cunt

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The only place I have ever seen "quim" is in terrible erotic fiction

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    yup there's the exact moment this movie loses sight of what it was doing

the second stark and rhodes shoot their repulsors at one another

even the entire fight before that point was fine

but that little stand off is the tipping point

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Also, I must say,

Regarding your spoiler

In Norway, the subtitles pretty much translated it as cunt
    I was all "damn!"
    Not because I mind swearing, but because it was so much worse than anything else said in the movie
    I assumed it was a funny mistake by the translators since I hadn't heard quim used before, but I guess it's pretty much the same as cunt
    Yeah, it's just archaic, which I guess is why they got away with it. Fitte is way more in your face.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    "I'm gonna leave now. I'm gonna go to the Expo. Maybe I'll even get laid."

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I'm gonna leave now. I'm gonna go to the Expo. Maybe I'll even get laid.

But Zonugal, PAX isn't until August

:rotate:

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    okay yeah

iron man 2 is much better than i remembered it being

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Godfather wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Also I would like to point out that in the last 5 or so years Marvel has put Thor, Iron Man and now (probably) the Ultimate X-Men in Oklahoma

I have no idea what is going on but I am loving it

See I am starting to do a lot of research into what makes great comic book construction as an art form! Although I am not a fan of either Marvel or DC superhero comics (obviously), what I do like is understanding the underlining of the medium as a whole.

I don't understand what this means. Does it means you are interested in comic book construction as an art form and therefore obviously are not a fan of marvel or dc?

because that's really stupid.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I'm gonna leave now. I'm gonna go to the Expo. Maybe I'll even get laid.

But Zonugal, PAX isn't until August

:rotate:

A man can always psyche himself up far in advance.

I enjoy Alex Ross art.

I know it has its flaws but I really like the "photo-real portrait" style of this art.

I don't think Marvels is a better story than Kingdom Come, though.

I mean that's like saying I'm interested in oil painting as an artform but not van Eyck, obviously.

Langly wrote: »
    I mean that's like saying I'm interested in oil painting as an artform but not van Eyck, obviously.

Or like saying you're interested in oil paintings, except the majority of oil paintings

What a hack that dude was

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    tumblr_m3a875T4p21qkz9yno1_1280.jpg

who was saying before how alex ross can draw beautifully but can't tell a story? was it shorty? because i can see that happening here

also that's right this movie is still not out in the us

ah ha ha ha ha ha

yes, that was me

he's not totally unable to do it

he's barely competent at it

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    showgirls is a fantastic movie

I was pretty incredulous until I watched it with the David Schmaeder commentary track

and then I saw the light

Shorty on

Yeah it is pretty dumb

DC and Marvel being in many ways the creators of modern comics, both super-hero and non-superhero

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

I'm not going to argue that it isn't

but I still like Kingdom Come a lot

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

I do!

I do!

well that's just poop!

I enjoyed Marvels more than Kingdom Come

but then I think that Kingdom Come was a response to something which isn't there as much any more, and thus it's harder to get the intended feel from it.

This discussion has been closed.