As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sean Bean was impaled in the making of this [CHAT]

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    The only Vanguard really viable on a gold is a Krogan. And then only if you're hosting.

filthy lies

Human Vanguard can be just as viable if you're running with a light weapon and low cooldowns. You might not use Nova as often as on Silver difficulty, but if you can keep charging constantly you'll definitely do well.

also, omigod I'm posting in the [chat] thread

Hello person I've never spoken to before! :)

hey hey

I've always been kinda reluctant to post in here (and in some parts of SE++) because it seemed to me like everyone here knew other and it's always tough to find your place in a social situation like that, be on the internets or the "RL", as the kids call it.

But I figured, eh, why not? What's the worst that could happen?
    oh god what's the worst that could happen? D:

BEES

http://www.celebjihad.com/gifs/oprah2.gif

this is one of my favorite gifs ever

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I'm gonna have to go through some sick initiation ritual, aren't I

ianuw.gif

D:

:winky:
    Sparvy wrote: »
    Sparvy wrote: »
    Tomorrow's a national holiday in this here fine country, ironically called "day of work" though everyone pretty much does the opposite of work, that is getting drunk of their asses.

In most places its "Worker's day", are you sure you are not just confused?

Really? Thought that was just a German holiday. And no, the literal translation would indeed be "day of work".

Pretty widespread I think.

Though here in Sweden we get drunk and light bonfires tonight (Valborg) and spend tomorrow with our hangovers.

Think I will stay in this year.

That's the smart thing to do which is exactly why I'm doing that tonight (minus the bonfires).
    Usually people go out on May 1st, wander around a bit, find a nice spot somewhere green and settle down with way too much liquor and cheap beer.

Since I can't afford to have a hangover on Wednesday, I'm gonna go get drunk today. Right about..now, actually. Cya people

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    hello jacob! how's being a nerd

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »

...says the accountant

Ice cold

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    blegh, making art when you're terrible at making art is awful. :|

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

pretty great!

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i also feel like the nature of ME3 multi's gameplay strongly rewards burst damage vs. DPS

it's better to put one dude down fast so you're not being shot by him or his buddies, or have him dive behind cover

i dunno

they keep buffing autos, but i still see little reason to use them and i feel like the issue is probably more fundamental than weapon stats

This is my feeling as well. Killing one person in 1 second is better than killing 3 in 2.5 seconds.

I suppose we should play Elendil. Are you really the spectre the entire galaxy has been talking about?

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

...says the accountant

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    "Come volunteer for us!

If you're available for two hours any time between 11am and 3pm on Tuesday..."

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i also feel like the nature of ME3 multi's gameplay strongly rewards burst damage vs. DPS

it's better to put one dude down fast so you're not being shot by him or his buddies, or have him dive behind cover

i dunno

they keep buffing autos, but i still see little reason to use them and i feel like the issue is probably more fundamental than weapon stats

This is my feeling as well. Killing one person in 1 second is better than killing 3 in 2.5 seconds.

I suppose we should play Elendil. Are you really the spectre the entire galaxy has been talking about?
    yes

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    so like

what class should i play if i'm starting out anyway it all confuses me

i only played like 4 matches

poo
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I was excited to try the Paladin in ME3 SP but then it cost a shit ton and I never even use my Mattock. Just powers out the ass every second.

• Options
    Shooting people is for the proletariat.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I still love the striker. Even if it isn't that great.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Shooting people is for the proletariat.

Quite right old boy, quite right.

• Options
    so like

In ME3? Just play them all until you find one that you like. I think the Drell Adept is the most fun. The engineers are very strong. Infiltrators are played a ton too.

I haven't really played in a month so they prob changed everything I remember.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I still love the striker. Even if it isn't that great.

Gotta hold down the trigger so it spins up. Psssshhhhhhhhhh.

• Options
    so like

have you played the SP at all

you can't go wrong with what you used in that

engineer is pretty no-nonsense though

overload-overload-overload

infiltrator's good if you're good with shooty bits

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    For the prerelease tournaments for the most recent Magic set, Wizards gave out a cardboard vault containing secret rewards for players for performing achievements.

Most of the vaults contained minor stuff: dice, token cards, playmats, etc.

Some of the vaults contained foil reprints of money cards.

Only the special super vaults only went to stores over a certain size. If you were a large store, you might have gotten a super vault or you might have gotten a regular vault. You didn't know until you opened it. If you were a large store, you only got the regular vaults.

I think this was a pretty shitty thing to do, but it looks like nobody in the Magic thread agrees with me.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    The only Vanguard really viable on a gold is a Krogan. And then only if you're hosting.

filthy lies

Human Vanguard can be just as viable if you're running with a light weapon and low cooldowns. You might not use Nova as often as on Silver difficulty, but if you can keep charging constantly you'll definitely do well.

also, omigod I'm posting in the [chat] thread

Hello person I've never spoken to before! :)

hey hey

I've always been kinda reluctant to post in here (and in some parts of SE++) because it seemed to me like everyone here knew other and it's always tough to find your place in a social situation like that, be on the internets or the "RL", as the kids call it.

But I figured, eh, why not? What's the worst that could happen?
    oh god what's the worst that could happen? D:

I got two 3TB Hard Drives out of it. It's worth the risk.

Is that all I am to you, RMS? The payoff to your risky investment? :cry:

I'm going to hang out with my real friend, the bee. :bz

• Options
  • Options
    So, I got some "finger shoes". As someone who thoroughly enjoys walking barefoot, I am digging these things.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    For the prerelease tournaments for the most recent Magic set, Wizards gave out a cardboard vault containing secret rewards for players for performing achievements.

Most of the vaults contained minor stuff: dice, token cards, playmats, etc.

Some of the vaults contained foil reprints of money cards.

Only the special super vaults only went to stores over a certain size. If you were a large store, you might have gotten a super vault or you might have gotten a regular vault. You didn't know until you opened it. If you were a large store, you only got the regular vaults.

I think this was a pretty shitty thing to do, but it looks like nobody in the Magic thread agrees with me.

I assume you meant "If you were a small store, you only got the regular vaults."

I would think that the smaller the store the more likely they would be to just pocket the vaults and never mention them to the players if they thought there was a chance of stuff like that in them.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    So, I got some "finger shoes". As someone who thoroughly enjoys walking barefoot, I am digging these things.

Those look neat. But new things are frightening, let me know if they make your legs fall off after running in them.

• Options
    I assume you meant "If you were a small store, you only got the regular vaults."

That's what I meant.

• Options
    Toe shoes are utilikilts for your feet.

• Options

With great power comes great responsibility to NOT BREAK THE GAME!

Man, I so need a gaming PC, just for Tribes!

• Options

Those look neat. But new things are frightening, let me know if they make your legs fall off after running in them.

Will do, sir. You're supposed to break them in before you do shit, so I'll probably give some running a try in a day or two.

• Options
    i bet toeless toe shoes make you look awesome though

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    I kind of want to play Magic again, but the owner of the only hobby store in town died of a heart attack last month.

• Options

Unfortunate. I can't wait for neural interfaces to become the norm so that games can just shock cheaters into brain death.

oh. http://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/sznmw/aimbot_phase_rifle_110/c4icaro

• Options

Unfortunate. I can't wait for neural interfaces to become the norm so that games can just shock cheaters into brain death.

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    I just had to define "trolling" to a coworker via email. She now understands what it is, just not why it is.

I would have been all over that, too, but it might have involved some NSFW images of a lot of lonely-looking people.

So I had to be more tactful and go with "They just think it's funny."

She is so adorable in her naiveté.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

what is going on there? It makes no sense.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Also the only person I know who plays exclusively plays Commander, and I hate 1v1 Commander.

• Options
    Oh hey. Do any of you nerds play Magic online?

• Options

You know, somehow I guessed that would be the reaction.

• Options

You know, somehow I guessed that would be the reaction.

Mostly by association. The only person I know who wears toe shoes on a regular basis is a socially-awkward shut-in who almost never leaves the house and wears toe shoes in really inappropriate venues.

I know some runners who wear them, but only while running.

• Options

what is going on there? It makes no sense.

I'm assuming someone set up their own server and modified how that weapon works.

old tribes was great (or awful) depending on which mod was running in the game you entered.

Some mods were so amazing that I couldn't stand vanilla tribes 1 or 2 after trying them out.

This discussion has been closed.