As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hero Academy] Now on Steam with the TF2 Team! (PA League now actually works!)

• JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Jacoby wrote: »
    Update!
    Wow that's a lot of game reports.
    Added Brew's challenges vs. kime and DesertChicken

FYI I was planning on having unrated players get ratings during the bi-weekly updates, but I think it's best to have them get a rating once they finish their 5th game. For example, MNC Dover will get his rating once he's finished one more game.

One more game? I'm 1-2 so far. :)

I have you down as beating kime but losing against Brew, wonderpug and DesertChicken. I'll check on that.

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
    Edit: Speak of the devil, I just lost to this exact situation. :)

@Jacoby
    !result
    MNC Dover (loser) vs DesertChicken (winner)

There it is. So you're really 1-3 so far.

Comissionered! :)

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Oh, I had 6 games going which was causing my confusion (saw 2 games left on my playlist). Colin7 and Mr. Jacoby still to finish.

Gotta finish up strong!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Got a !result of my own.
    @Brew vs @Jacoby - Brew wins!

I think it's time to get some of the new players involved.
    I !challenge @Cmdr_Keen!

• BrewBrew Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    !challenge @Theodore Floosevelt
    Also
    !challenge @ToddJewell

@jacoby heads up

edit: schmads and I already have a game going. Adjusted my challenge, my apologies.

Brew on
    1st ever "Penny-Arcade Hero Academy Tournament" Toilet Bowl Champion!
    steam_sig.png
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
    And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Them's fightin' words, Brew

Them's very explicitly some fightin' words

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    So, uh...
    I've got a !result to report...
    Um...
    @kimebeatme.
    Okay! Cool! Moving on! :)

I !challenge @ToddJewell!

• Golf153Golf153 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    @Jacoby
    !results
    Golf153 (loser) vs @DesertChicken (winner)

Golf153 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Jacoby
    !result
    Brew (winner) vs Kime
    Brew (winner) vs rockmonkey

I crystal rushed like a dirty bastard in both of those games. Filthy, dirty bastard.

!challenge @Sploozoo (grillaface)
    !challenge @corin7 (corin7)

steam_sig.png
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
    And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Brew wrote: »
    @Jacoby
    !result
    Brew (winner) vs Kime
    Brew (winner) vs rockmonkey

I crystal rushed like a dirty bastard in both of those games. Filthy, dirty bastard.

!challenge @Sploozoo (grillaface)
    !challenge @corin7 (corin7)

That was the harshest crystal rush I've ever seen O_O

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    @Jacoby

!results

I need to get better at reporting results as they come, but if you show me as having an active game with grillaface/Sploozoo, I took the win on that one. As elves, I aggressively aggressively went after his tribe shaman (shamen? shamans?), taking two out at once. Sploozoo had some nasty chieftan comebacks that made me lose a lot of troops, and I had a failed wraith upgrade attempt when Sploozoo's spike armor sets eliminated Fluffy's chance at self-healing and I had to give up on him. Upgraded void monks carried the day, but the unit count was really low on both sides at the end.

I just learned that the spiked crystals can take damage from attaking tribe in spiked armor buff. Neat.

steam_sig.png
    I also think it's amusing how the crystals can get resistance bonuses from paladins, and in the spikey crystals' case, damage bonuses as well.

Oddly enough their damage does not get debuffed by ne priests.

steam_sig.png
    Am I the only one that hates these new three crystal maps? The crystals don't have enough health when the opponent is on an Assault Boost.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    man I don't feel comfortable in any of the games I have going on... ha

Golf153 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that hates these new three crystal maps? The crystals don't have enough health when the opponent is on an Assault Boost.

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan. I like the concept of having more numerous, weaker crystals, but since they're so out in the open and so close to each other, it seems to just mean they fall a lot easier. It's made worse by there being two assault boost squares, like they didn't learn their lesson with what made the two-crystal map bad.

wonderpug wrote: »
    Golf153 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan. I like the concept of having more numerous, weaker crystals, but since they're so out in the open and so close to each other, it seems to just mean they fall a lot easier. It's made worse by there being two assault boost squares, like they didn't learn their lesson with what made the two-crystal map bad.

Yeah, that's defiantly a crystal rush map. I think they may have been trying to negate the Tribe's crystal execute ability on one map.

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2012
    I have decided that attacking Dwarves and Tribe that are established is too hazardous to my health. I'm gonna try focusing on destroying their crystals instead.

Edit: And how come random players seem to want to draw the game out forever when it's clear that they've lost? Must you make me chase your last two characters around the board with my hoard of units?

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    !result between myself and @Theodore Floosevelt

I lost... handily.

elves v elves on the two crystal with teleports map.

he got an impaler in position to bring down the first one and i only had a necro to attack it with which slowly put me behind and let him take the forward crystal. Then i was way unprepared for his single minded focus on crystal rushing my back one and i never caught up from there. Also my last move was dumb. i took out his unit at my crystal and blocked off the attack from the front and side, without ever once thinking "hey he can just attack diagonally" which he did with the next unit he raced in from his side. and that was the end of the match.

initiatefailure on
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

I lost... handily.

he got an impaler in position to bring down the first one and i only had a necro to attack it with which slowly put me behind and let him take the forward crystal. Then i was way unprepared for his single minded focus on crystal rushing my back one and i never caught up from there. Also my last move was dumb. i took out his unit at my crystal and blocked off the attack from the front and side, without ever once thinking "hey he can just attack diagonally" which he did with the next unit he raced in from his side. and that was the end of the match.

GG Initiate! Yeah, I totally lucked out with drawing an impaler and a sword in my opening hand. Definitely gave me the edge in the crystal race versus your necro. Having both my spells ready to rez that impaler later was pretty handy, too.

The cold war we had going on was cracking me up, though. We both just set up and went about destroying the other's big crystal, not even attacking each other. There would be the occasional potshot, sure, and we kept our units in threatening positions, but I don't think there was really any actual combat until the end.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Wait...do I totally need to download this when I get home?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • schmadsschmads Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Yes, it's super rad!

Edit: And sorry about being a little slow on taking turns the last few days guys... a lot of family stuff going on... you know, and working at work :)

schmads on
    Battle.net/SC2: Kwisatz.868 | Steam/XBL/PSN/Gamecenter: schmads | BattleTag/D3: Schmads#1144 | Hero Academy & * With Friends: FallenKwisatz | 3DS: 4356-0128-9671

This is probably going to be my game of the year, including console and PC games.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

I lost... handily.

GG Initiate! Yeah, I totally lucked out with drawing an impaler and a sword in my opening hand. Definitely gave me the edge in the crystal race versus your necro. Having both my spells ready to rez that impaler later was pretty handy, too.

The cold war we had going on was cracking me up, though. We both just set up and went about destroying the other's big crystal, not even attacking each other. There would be the occasional potshot, sure, and we kept our units in threatening positions, but I don't think there was really any actual combat until the end.

I was trying to teleport my void monk in and destroy your little grouping on several turns but he just wasn't doing enough damage to justify it

@Jacoby
    !result
    MNC Dover (winner) vs Corin7 (loser)

GG Corin7! Looks like I finished my placement matches at 2-3. What now?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Now... the hazing.

I got a game going right now of Council (me) vs Dark Elves. I've only got like 10 items left in my door and I haven't gotten a single Cleric/Potion yet. Needless to say, my opponent has been having a field day picking apart my units. Bad luck of the draw I guess. :(

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    @Jacoby
    !result
    MNC Dover (winner) vs Corin7 (loser)

GG Corin7! Looks like I finished my placement matches at 2-3. What now?

You get a rating! (You're a real boy now!)
    The average rating of your opponents was 1501.4. The system for new ratings initially assumes you're also an average player compared to your opponent, so expects 2.5 wins over 5 games. It gives 30 points for every win point (or 15 per 1/2 point) over the expected 2.5 (or takes away for the reverse), then rounds to the nearest whole number. That means your new rating is 1486.

Other than that, it's basically the same. Just keep challenging other players!

• SploozooSploozoo Grillaface Richmond VARegistered User regular
    wonderpug wrote: »
    @Jacoby

!results

I need to get better at reporting results as they come, but if you show me as having an active game with grillaface/Sploozoo, I took the win on that one. As elves, I aggressively aggressively went after his tribe shaman (shamen? shamans?), taking two out at once. Sploozoo had some nasty chieftan comebacks that made me lose a lot of troops, and I had a failed wraith upgrade attempt when Sploozoo's spike armor sets eliminated Fluffy's chance at self-healing and I had to give up on him. Upgraded void monks carried the day, but the unit count was really low on both sides at the end.

All very true - sorry for not reporting the loss earlier.

Mnemonic anamnesis.

aka Grillaface
    I'm starting to get more confident in my Tribe's game. I've got few non-league games going and I'm winning them all by either punishing aggression with witch plus corpse explosion or using a Typhoon between the healer unit and the tank/special/etc to gain an AP advantage. Also won a beautiful game with them using Typhoon to open a Teleporter square to take out the last crystal with a bloodraged Shaman.

Anyone have any Tribe's strategies they are willing to share?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    My friends recently all got into this. It took me a bit to get used to some things (we didn't realize stomping units was really a thing in our first game!). Started to have fun with the game so I plonked down for the dwarves to get rid of the ads mostly. Would anyone be interested in some casual matches? Don't think I'm ready for any kind of league play yet. In game name is Winterflea.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    My friends recently all got into this. It took me a bit to get used to some things (we didn't realize stomping units was really a thing in our first game!). Started to have fun with the game so I plonked down for the dwarves to get rid of the ads mostly. Would anyone be interested in some casual matches? Don't think I'm ready for any kind of league play yet. In game name is Winterflea.

I downloaded the game a couple days ago, but haven't taken the time to try it out yet. I'd be down for some learning games tonight. My game name is F4ll0ut (zeroUT).

• schmadsschmads Registered User regular
    @Jacoby !result
    wonderpug (winner) vs schmads (loser)

It was a fun game as always (in case I missed the posting of the results by Wonderpug, we've only played one league game).

Battle.net/SC2: Kwisatz.868 | Steam/XBL/PSN/Gamecenter: schmads | BattleTag/D3: Schmads#1144 | Hero Academy & * With Friends: FallenKwisatz | 3DS: 4356-0128-9671
    @Jacoby

!results

wonderpug elf win vs. @desertchicken dwarves

Real close match on the teleporter map. I had some crazy aggressive early moves on his back crystal, and with the help of a soul harvest resurrection, I was able to fully destroy that back crystal and start positioning to take out the giant front crystal. Desertchicken got some good pulverizer damage on my back crystal, too, but it was still at least standing with a sliver of health. That sliver made all the difference.

I got a necro in position to attack his front crystal, but he got his annihilator in position to do the same to mine, with two neighboring paladins to protect him and boost his damage. I tried to prep an impaler to make a move on the annihilator, but the annihilator knockback bumped my impaler that one extra step too far to make it possible. I did the math and it looked like I'd win a race to crystal destruction, so I ignored the annihilator threat and just kept attacking his crystal.

But then he added a runemetal damage upgrade to his annihilator, which I hadn't accounted for. Combined with the auras from the two paladins, he was doing a lot more damage than I expected. Did the math again and it looked like I had to do something to make it harder for him to take the last sliver off my back crystal. I moved a unit forward a step to remove an opportunity for desertchicken to get splash damage, and if my math was right, I'd win the destruction race. My math was right. ;)

Super close match, though, and all he needed was one extra action point, or one extra pulverizer in hand.

gg!

edited May 2012
    photo.png

Either the best or worse thing you can see in the game. Fortunately for me, it's on my side. I've got a potion in reserve to make him even slightly more powerful if needed. I don't think my opponent's units are long for this world. :D
    Two shot any unit in the game except a fully upgraded Knight? Yes please!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited May 2012
    100_2945.png

Either the best or worse thing you can see in the game. Fortunately for me, it's on my side. I've got a potion in reserve to make him even slightly more powerful if needed. I don't think my opponent's units are long for this world. :D

Could you not have just screen capped it? I mean really, Dover? Come on, man!

Custom Special on
    edited May 2012
    100_2945.png

Could you not have just screen capped it? I mean really, Dover? Come on, man!

Screen cap? What's this screen cap you speak of? Seriously, I'll totally replace it.

Edit: Is this a feature of the game or of the device?

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DesertChickenDesertChicken Registered User regular
    When you press the Home button and the StandBy button on the device, it screencaps. ;)

PSN/XBLA/SteamID- DesertChicken
    LoL - Renon DeSaxous
  • DesertChickenDesertChicken Registered User regular
    Wait a second... SHIT I just let that happen in one of my games.

PSN/XBLA/SteamID- DesertChicken
    LoL - Renon DeSaxous