As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sean Bean was impaled in the making of this [CHAT]

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    you ain't shit, elendil
    i'm really not

i'm actually quite great

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    utilikilts are completely ridiculous, to a degree that no amount of utility could justify

For some reason man are only allowed to wear trousers unless they are Arab or from the Indian subcontinent.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Toe shoes are utilikilts for your feet.

You know, somehow I guessed that would be the reaction.

Mostly by association. The only person I know who wears toe shoes on a regular basis is a socially-awkward shut-in who almost never leaves the house and wears toe shoes in really inappropriate venues.

I know some runners who wear them, but only while running.

What is an inappropriate venue?

Toe-shoes are nice for getting to and from a climbing wall.

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    utilikilts are completely ridiculous, to a degree that no amount of utility could justify

For some reason man are only allowed to wear trousers unless they are Arab or from the Indian subcontinent.

...or Scottish.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    when I am getting snarky and post-structuralist i like to argue that the entrenched Ameri-european disdain for the kilt grows out of the negative social status the female gender occupies, and the inherent femme-phobia as a result of this behavior keeps people hatin' on "man-skirts"

but what do i know i study bugs

:bz

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I plan to only wear the latest obscure japanese fashions from here on out.

Elendil wrote: »
    i'm going to bring back the toga

Great Cesar's ghost!

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I want to dress like a banker, except for my excellent steampunk cufflinks.

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular

Why?

BobCesca wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

Great Cesar's ghost!

God, no. Those things are fucking complicated to put on and drag on the floor and get filthy easily and are just a nightmare.

Not to mention they get covered with barf when you visit the vomitorium

no this joke is not stale at all what do you mean

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Well, so just so long as no one hear plans to sew themselves in their clothes for the winter, after first stuffing in newspaper

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    ahaha SMBC

aRkpc.gif
    I'd wear hakama if it wouldn't get me the weirdest looks. So damn comfy.

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular

Great Cesar's ghost!

God, no. Those things are fucking complicated to put on and drag on the floor and get filthy easily and are just a nightmare.

ronya wrote: »
    ahaha SMBC

i feel like it was made for the two of us

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Fashion trends are largely arbitrary but they do exist. You kinda have to accept that a kilt only works for a man if it is part of some specific ethnic outfits. Otherwise it looks ridiculous because it is so alien to contemporary male fashion trends and aesthetics in general.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    you ain't shit, elendil
    i'm really not

i'm actually quite great

Dost thou also playest Halos or Modern Worf Hairs?

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    when I am getting snarky and post-structuralist i like to argue that the entrenched Ameri-european disdain for the kilt grows out of the negative social status the female gender occupies, and the inherent femme-phobia as a result of this behavior keeps people hatin' on "man-skirts"

I hate dresses in general. They seem so impractical other than letting a nice draft waft over your nether regions.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

Togas really lack utility. In fact, they became a sign of nobility precisely because they lacked utility. If you were a rich noble, you could afford to carry around this bulky garment that really served no purpose except to get in the way of everything you did. Now, the tunic wouldn't be a bad thing to bring back.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

I hate dresses in general. They seem so impractical other than letting a nice draft waft over your nether regions.

Which is precisely why they are so comfortable when you're walking around a lot. You get proper ventilation to your crotch region and you don't get swamp ass or chafed thighs and all that shit.

Oh my god, I... oh my god.

• Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    I'm actually with kakos on this one. Skirts are really comfortable.

Which is precisely why they are so comfortable when you're walking around a lot. You get proper ventilation to your crotch region and you don't get swamp ass or chafed thighs and all that shit.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

This is you trying to be an old Japanese man. In reality you will probably dress in visual k style.

u7stthr17eud.png
    I was cool with the utilikilt until you said that. Now you are forbidden by galactic sanctions from wearing it near me because all I will be thinking about is how aerated your balls are.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh ffs, I have been filling in a particular form for my visa and have been spending loads of time figuring out the hard bits, checking details and the like and now I find that they want it all to be in black pen, just after doing it in blue. How the hell did I miss that!

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    ಠ_ಠ

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I do like the hustorical people all bitching about wearing togas at the time and grousing about their impracticality

• Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular

Traditional Middle Eastern dress (note: "dress", not necessarily "dresses") is based entirely on this noble goal.

The cooler you can keep your junk, the cooler you can keep your body. If you ever visit that sweaty armpit of the planet during the summer, you will instantly understand. You will understand it all!

Mazzyx wrote: »

This is you trying to be an old Japanese man. In reality you will probably dress in visual k style.

The traditional samurai haircut has gotta be one of the ugliest haircuts ever, imo.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Pat Nagel had a good thing going. I want some acute shoulderpads on my androgynous life partner.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

The traditional samurai haircut has gotta be one of the ugliest haircuts ever, imo.

I don't even like understand the physics of it. Some real proto-Trump going on.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Chafed thighs from fabric is the most annoying thing. But I imagine better fabric would fix that.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I have a pair of snowboard pants with zippers on the upper thighs

when you get hot, you let the cold air in to ventilate your business

you ain't shit, elendil
    i'm really not

i'm actually quite great

Dost thou also playest Halos or Modern Worf Hairs?
    no

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also the hakama is super fucking comfy and I kind of wish some of its design would enter modern style.

It is kind of funny that "modern style" is Western European. Not surprising though with the European supremacy for so long.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
  • Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Pat Nagel had a good thing going. I want some acute shoulderpads on my androgynous life partner.

Of course you do.

tk8zx.jpg

This discussion has been closed.