As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sean Bean was impaled in the making of this [CHAT]

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    japan wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    Gold Bond is incredible. Truly a quality of life enhancer.

It's like that biscuit ad from Prairie Home Companion. "Gives shy people the strength to get up and do what needs to be done."

did they have cocaine in them

just pure wholesomeness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TV_ypjxEB8

rRwz9.gif
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Deep space, at the edge of the galaxy. The future. A new prisoner arrives on top security prison ship and psychiatric research unit Dante 01. Sole survivor of an encounter with an alien force beyond imagining, Saint Georges is a man possessed by inner demons, caught up in the battle to control the monstrous power within him. It's a power that will infect the other highly dangerous occupants of Dante 01, gaolors and prisoners alike, unleashing a violent rebellion that turns this terrifying, labyrinthine world upside down. In the otherworldly hell of the ship's depths, through danger and redemption, each must journey to his very limits... each must confront his own Dragon.

8->

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    winky inspired me to finally really get serious about trying this
    does it mean my effort is doomed to incompleteness and failure y/n

Go go go

If I can take a stab at RPGMaker, you can do it

Where's my $30k for the project, kickstarter

I just love that the project has it so you can download the DIGITAL GAME AND THE DIGITAL SOUNDTRACK!! if you pledge $35.

why is that amusing?
    because that means the digital soundtrack is worth $20

no, it means that someone donating a fair bit more money gets a small bit more in terms of rewards. Kickstarter is not a preorder marketplace.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    god, i wandered into the G&T LoL thread and they were comparing LoL characters to some stupid fighting game characters.

fuck that thread

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I really can't read about the Liberian Civil War. It's a serious subject that should be read about seriously, but at some point every author feels the need to mention General Butt Naked and my inner five year old loses his shit.

Dude used child soldiers and performed human sacrifice

this is serious shit

Also he ran around in sneakers with an AK47 (and that's it)

fuck gendered marketing
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I went to skiptopia once

a guy stole my camera and then a rat bit me

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Go go go

I just love that the project has it so you can download the DIGITAL GAME AND THE DIGITAL SOUNDTRACK!! if you pledge $35.

why is that amusing?
    because that means the digital soundtrack is worth $20. you get the "digital" game anyway at $15+, so it's amusing

tyrannus on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    if you are male and you live anywhere that gets mildly warm and you do not use gold bond

...what the hell is wrong with you
    I am only vaguely aware of what Gold Bond is.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I lived in Florida for 22 years and never used gold bond once.

The fuck is it for? Some kind of denture cream?

Lh96QHG.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    if you are male and you live anywhere that gets mildly warm and you do not use gold bond

imagine never needing to readjust because you've stuck to your leg on a hot day

imagine feeling the freshest you've ever felt after you get out of the shower

that is the magic of gold bond

919UOwT.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Gooey understands

rRwz9.gif
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I miss Monster Hunter on the PS2. I wish more people had xbox live and MH3 for the wii so we could multiplayer and talk without using the wii.

Also I wish they'd release MH360 in the US.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    This is why I live in temperate climates and endure the rain and coldness

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

It keeps things dry and is a talcum powder. In this case Gooey is referring to keeping his junk dry.

it blows my mind that this is still top secret knowledge

GOLD BOND IS FOR YOUR BALLS

THAT IS WHERE THE MAGIC HAPPENS

rRwz9.gif
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Goldbond is foot powder.

But dudes love to rub it all over their junk I guess.

Psn:wazukki
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    old joke but a good joke

text message a friend. "hey can you call my phone. i can't find it."

steam_sig.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Cat carrier and catnip purchased.

We are a go for cat acquisition!

THERE BEST BE KITTY PICTURES

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    bowen wrote: »
    I would work on a project but it'd take nearly $100,000 for any reasonable sized project just for me, 2-3 years at the least, full time.

What if you worked for free but I gave you stock options like whoa.

Hah people that work for like $20,000 a year and take stock options on a startup are insane.

options yes. Options are for suckers.

Actual stock, well it depends. That can work out very well indeed. But you need to be realistic about what actual chances the company has.

Plus my salary goes up for startups because there's about an 80% chance I'll be looking for work within 1-3 years.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I would work on a project but it'd take nearly $100,000 for any reasonable sized project just for me, 2-3 years at the least, full time.

Hah people that work for like $20,000 a year and take stock options on a startup are insane.

Actual stock, well it depends. That can work out very well indeed. But you need to be realistic about what actual chances the company has.

Plus my salary goes up for startups because there's about an 80% chance I'll be looking for work within 1-3 years.

You won't get that out of a start up. Stock yes, higher salaries then the industry average, no.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    wazilla wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    i dont have a good framework though, but I miss all the monster raising games from the early days of the playstation

I kind of want to mix those style of games with something like spore

there was a monster game from the ps1 era

I never played it but it sounded amazing

it was like, you put a CD in the game or something, and it makes a custom monster based on the music on the CD

Are you fucking with us Skippy?

DO NOT FUCK WITH ME ABOUT MONSTER RANCHER

Someone should make a Bieber monster and a dubstep monster and make them fight

dubstep's move would be an elbow drop

That'd be quite a Wubset

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i don't use gold bond because i don't have stinky old man balls

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i don't use gold bond because i don't have stinky old man balls

How do you know what old men's balls smell like?

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    FUCK

yet another post gone

I hate Vanilla so much. Fucking hell anyone who says the "server is busy" problems with phbb are as bad as vanilla is now are full of shit. Silentl failure on posting, time travel and most importantly the dissappearing posts are far more serious problems.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    Maybe old man balls are revered as an aphrodisiac in my culture, elendil.

Deep space, at the edge of the galaxy. The future. A new prisoner arrives on top security prison ship and psychiatric research unit Dante 01. Sole survivor of an encounter with an alien force beyond imagining, Saint Georges is a man possessed by inner demons, caught up in the battle to control the monstrous power within him. It's a power that will infect the other highly dangerous occupants of Dante 01, gaolors and prisoners alike, unleashing a violent rebellion that turns this terrifying, labyrinthine world upside down. In the otherworldly hell of the ship's depths, through danger and redemption, each must journey to his very limits... each must confront his own Dragon.

8->

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Gold Bond on Sir Patrick Stewart and Jesse "the body" Ventura does indeed feel great.

are YOU on the beer list?
    Echo wrote: »

8->

what the what

rRwz9.gif
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Cat carrier and catnip purchased.

We are a go for cat acquisition!

THERE BEST BE KITTY PICTURES

would you like a picture of my cat

Thomamelas wrote: »

You won't get that out of a start up. Stock yes, higher salaries then the industry average, no.

Problem is startups want breadth instead of depth of knowledge, so their needs and payscales need to represent that.

It's also one of the reasons startups fail. Sucks for them, I guess, they need to convince me to leave my job.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    There will be kitty pictures! I will be at the shelter in 4 hours filling out the adoption paperwork, then I'll be bringing her home.

[chat] will help me name her!

FUCK

yet another post gone

I hate Vanilla so much. Fucking hell anyone who says the "server is busy" problems with phbb are as bad as vanilla is now are full of shit. Silentl failure on posting, time travel and most importantly the dissappearing posts are far more serious problems.

I have pretty much narrowed it down for them. I don't think they're reading our bug report section anymore though.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Was I doing living in a swamp wrong? My balls have never gotten stuck to my leg because of sweat. This is weird to me.

Lh96QHG.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Go go go

edit: the game is basically $15 anyway. so an extra $20 gets you a soundtrack?

seriously this is just a bunch of hilarious bullshit. it might deliver, but it's so pumped up beyond what it really is that it's getting to be hilarious.

here's another one for you
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/274047326/zelda-vs-jesus?ref=live

What the

8->

what the what

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0487928/

Some weirdo movie I found on Voddler. Just started watching.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

8->

Among the many, many questions I have about this concept, one stands out:

If you were building a prison ship, why would you include an otherworldly hell in its depths? Why would it even have depths?

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    What does gold bond smell like?

• japanjapan Registered User regular

8->

what the what

This is the kind of stuff that UK Netflix is choked with. Lovefilm has the same problem, but not to nearly the same extent.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    me and jacob are going to go stand over in this corner without adjusting ourselves for heat-related reasons while you dudes are all complaining about sticky sweaty ballsacs

(we may however adjust ourselves based upon extreme length and girth)

(because we are manly men using gold bond)

919UOwT.png
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    me and jacob are going to go stand over in this corner without adjusting ourselves for heat-related reasons while you dudes are all complaining about sticky sweaty ballsacs

(we may however adjust ourselves based upon extreme length and girth)

(because we are manly men using gold bond)

Our trousers flap gamely in the wind, except when the howling wind delivers torrential rain, thus plastering our trousers to our legs. No gold band, umbrella or the like will save us!

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
This discussion has been closed.