Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

New batman Thread *Big Spoiler

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Look at this fuck wizard right hereRegistered User regular
    http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/

New viral stuff is starting up

The site has real-world locations to go to and find bat-shaped graffiti like this
    Spoiler:

"Submit photographic evidence of graffiti related to any movement in support of the vigilante's return. Make sure that location services or store location is on in your camera settings. Report any and all information pertaining to the investigation to the designated contact (#tdkr07202012 or tdkr07202012@gothampolicedepartment.com)"

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Look at this fuck wizard right hereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I forgot to mention that doing this apparently unlocks images from the new trailer, I guess?

here are some of them

http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/tdkrtrailerstillslarge.jpg

Grey Ghost on
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Can we talk about Young Justice in this thread because holy shit, Young Justice last week was awesome.

s5DoctorFezSunSig.png?t=1306367580.png
  • SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Can we talk about Young Justice in this thread because holy shit, Young Justice last week was awesome.

Yes it was. Of course it's a little bit confusing how they moved forward 5 years and a couple episodes back just dropped in a new character without explanation. But this show is really great. It's nice to see a kid's show that is more complex and doesn't shy away from more adult plots.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I'm hoping there will be flashbacks to the
    Spoiler:

s5DoctorFezSunSig.png?t=1306367580.png
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla Hi, buddy! Kickin' chairs.Registered User regular

New Trailer
    Spoiler:

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Member of Twin Club Registered User regular
    Spoiler:

wb5cft.png
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla Hi, buddy! Kickin' chairs.Registered User regular
    Spoiler:
    As far as we know, yeah.
    Spoiler:

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Member of Twin Club Registered User regular
    Ah
    Spoiler:

wb5cft.png
  • GoatmonGoatmon Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Blankzilla wrote: »

New Trailer
    Spoiler:

I guess they didn't bother to have Bale polish up his batman voice at all.

Goatmon on
    aik7511.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    honestly the Balevoice doesn't bug me at all anymore. At least not as much as having Bane's bits obviously dubbed in.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Not tests. They were trying to kill it.Registered User regular
    Wow.
    Spoiler:

can I just say I love Anne Hathaway and anyone who doesn't think she's good for Selina at this point is dumb and wrong

• ToxTox I kill threads Pharezon's human garbage heapRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I guess they didn't bother to have Bale polish up his batman voice at all.
    Spoiler:

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    James Dean was the actor, Jimmy Dean was in the sausage business.

James Deen is both an actor AND in the sausage business.
    Secret Satans! Post | Gaming Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Wow.
    Spoiler:

can I just say I love Anne Hathaway and anyone who doesn't think she's good for Selina at this point is dumb and wrong

yeah, her line delivery is spot on, and the snippets of her in action look pretty damn good.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

New Trailer
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

New Trailer
    Spoiler:

That isn't my reading.
    Spoiler:

Quire.jpg
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular

New Trailer
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Im Gotham's reckoning.

also Bale sounds way clearer, especially in the "not yet" bit.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »

New Trailer
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Im Gotham's reckoning.

also Bale sounds way clearer, especially in the "not yet" bit.

Thanks.

OH GOD YESSSSSSSSSSSS

• ToxTox I kill threads Pharezon's human garbage heapRegistered User regular
    The "not yet" bit sounds like he's speaking without the bat-voice.

James Dean was the actor, Jimmy Dean was in the sausage business.

James Deen is both an actor AND in the sausage business.
    Secret Satans! Post | Gaming Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • -Tal-Tal I am Gabe Newell, creator of Penny Arcade PM me if you want an anime subforumRegistered User regular
    am I the only one that finds that trailer kind of boring

maybe because it's so quiet

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    For a second there, I thought his hovercraft was going to make the Transformers sound after he made that quip about it not being a car.

TrippyJing on
    mosesupposes.gif
  • ZonugalZonugal Lord Paramount of the Trident HarrenhalRegistered User regular
    I am ready for Batman to die.

Nolan, give me a Greek tragedy.

Littlefinger_sig_2.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    god, just

how did they make three movies without anybody realizing how stupid that voice is

0BnD8l3.gif
    Its probably because its not really that stupid/bad?

• -Tal-Tal I am Gabe Newell, creator of Penny Arcade PM me if you want an anime subforumRegistered User regular
    no it is definitely an awful voice that is dumb and bad

Wow.
    Spoiler:

This isn't even the first Catwoman she's played. In a manner of speaking.

aik7511.jpg
    -Tal wrote: »
    am I the only one that finds that trailer kind of boring

maybe because it's so quiet

Yeah, the trailers haven't really won me over.

I think it's because I know it will be almost impossible to be as good/better than the last film.

aik7511.jpg
    I really liked this trailer

It set the tone of despair really well

I will probably like this more because it at least looks like a Batman movie

Dark Knight focused so much on Harvey and Gordon and Joker that Batman felt like a side character

Also, JGL
    Spoiler:

He practically was a side character.

Hell, he was more interesting as Bruce.

All the big Batman scenes are entertaining for the other characters involved with them.

It's like batman was a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, with Dent and Joker and Gordon sprinkles all over it.

aik7511.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Also, JGL
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Local H Jay on
    3DS - 3239-3347-2159
    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    I really liked this trailer

It set the tone of despair really well

Yeah, I don't need another Transformers/Battleship Explodorama trailer thanks.

Not that there haven't been explosions in the Batman trailers, but the quiet soundtrack laid over the destruction suggests that the explosions are not just for the sake of exploding things, but are visual symbols of underlying shit going on or something. There's clearly more to Bane than "look what I can blow up."

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    I have never found bale's batvoice grating or hard to understand and I am confused by all the people that do

edited May 2012
    he's just trying way too hard with it and it comes off as silly

like it's something that Batman might try as a rookie but then eventually develop a more confident, yet still menacing voice

but no, he still has it

-Tal on
    Also, JGL
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I hope not

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    goddd damnnn

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    he's just trying way too hard with it and it comes off as silly

like it's something that Batman might try as a rookie but then eventually develop a more confident, yet still menacing voice

but no, he still has it

Nah.

You know what's really stupid? That anytime this movie gets brought up we spend pages bitching about the voice.

It's there get over it.

Quire.jpg
This discussion has been closed.