As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CoH/V] i10 - This Is Our, Independence Day

• Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    There's always the official boards, but then I'd probably just tell you to ignore everything there anyways. There's not much that doesn't work, and you kinda have to go out of your way to make a sucky build.

Not many people take the knockback-only blast, or taser, but mostly just because they don't have room. Just remember to get Stamina and 2 other fitness powers by 20.

One of them has to be Health, it's required for Stamina.

Me Too! on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    There's always the official boards, but then I'd probably just tell you to ignore everything there anyways. There's not much that doesn't work, and you kinda have to go out of your way to make a sucky build.

Not many people take the knockback-only blast, or taser, but mostly just because they don't have room. Just remember to get Stamina and 2 other fitness powers by 20.

One of them has to be Health, it's required for Stamina.

Bzzzzzzt ooh, sorry, you lose but please enjoy these consolation prizes

Ledneh on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I always read that wrong on the wiki. It's travels where you need the third to get the fourth.
    EDIT: Or not.

Me Too! on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hey Ledneh, I see your avatar still has laser eyes. Does your current MMO have laser eyes? *snicker*

Accualt on
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have trial codes if any of you needs one, send me a pm with your e-mail address if interested.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What Lep said. I have trial codes coming out the wazoo.

It's slightly uncomfortable.

Bitstream on
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bitstream wrote: »

Those things are sharp. D:

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

well, it helps if you don't ball them up first. Roll them. Makes it easier and smooth.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Nocren wrote: »

well, it helps if you don't ball them up first. Roll them. Makes it easier and smooth.

Nocren is a fountain of information when it comes to these things.

Lepwave on
    steam_sig.png
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I always read that wrong on the wiki. It's travels where you need the third to get the fourth.

For clarification, incase someone reads your post and gets even more confused.

It has been over a year since I played, but my memory is thus: "When you first go into one you can grab either of the first 2. If you want the third you need one of the first 2. If you want the fourth you need 2 of the first 3."

Seg on
  • BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Seg wrote: »

It has been over a year since I played, but my memory is thus: "When you first go into one you can grab either of the first 2. If you want the third you need one of the first 2. If you want the fourth you need 2 of the first 3."
    And your memory is correct. You could go all the way to Acrobatics without once taking Combat Jumping, or (as mentioned) Stamina without Health.

Bitstream on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

And your memory is correct. You could go all the way to Acrobatics without once taking Combat Jumping, or (as mentioned) Stamina without Health.
    To add a bit of information:
    Power pools become available at level 6, allowing access to the first two powers in the set.
    The third power becomes available at 14. This is where the travel powers are.
    At 20, the final power in the pool set becomes available.

see317 on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So is Haste still a very popular power?

Seg on
  • NAND NORNAND NOR Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Yes. Even without "perma-hasten," Hasten is still very useful in boss fights, against Arch-VIllains, etc. The Perma-Hasten is actually possible again (since being nerfed away with Enhancement Diversification) to my knowledge, but it requires using specific crafted Invention Origin sets to boost the recharge time on all of your powers.

NAND NOR on
    moebius.jpg
    edited July 2007
    NAND NOR wrote: »

Yes. Even without "perma-hasten," Hasten is still very useful in boss fights, against Arch-VIllains, etc. The Perma-Hasten is actually possible again (since being nerfed away with Enhancement Diversification) to my knowledge, but it requires using specific crafted Invention Origin sets to boost the recharge time on all of your powers.

Something like 100 odd percent to get perma-hasten from bonus sets. It's a bit much to get perma, but hey if people have the money to do it, power to them.

Lepwave on
    steam_sig.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    How's PvP development coming along in the game? I last played around Issue 6, prior to CoV.

Dehumanized on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    PvP is good. There are 4 Zones on each server that have a specific level range and each has a unique sub mission in addition to PvP. You can also do side missions that can buff your side in either damage or defense and well as debuff the opposing side. These side missions are time but can usually be completed in about 30 minutes to an hour tops and successful completion give a +/- 1% to the bonus.

Bloody Bay - Lowbie zone (Teens to twenties) Sub mission: Collect meteorite samples to get some cool temporary pets.

Siren's Call - Lower zone (Twenties to thirties) Sub mission: Bounty hunt. While Siren's is the general War zone of heroes vs villains, you also get a bounty target that will get you extra bounty points that you can trade in for temp powers if your side controls the zone. (You get bounty for helping in the hot spots as well as taking down other players).

Warburg - Free for All Higher zone (Thirties to forties) Sub Mission: Nuke Launch. Rescue scientists trapped in the labs under the city and you can get launch codes to get your own personal nuke. The zone is FFA though which means that anyone NOT on your team will con aggressive.

Recluse's Victory - Max Zone (forty-five to Fifty) Sub mission: Control the anchor points. This is probably the coolest PvP zone. As each side controls the anchor points, the area around it changes to either the hero side (cheery/clean) or villain side (dark, dirty etc). If one side gains an advantage the opposing side's signiture characters will assist them (Statesman will help heroes if villains are winning for example).

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Perma-Hasten is also possible if you have Lightning Reflexes.

Pony on
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    Perma-Hasten is also possible if you believe

Gear Girl on
    edited July 2007
    http://www.coh.com/news/archives/2007/07/city_of_heroes_17.html
    City of Heroes Champions Virtual Queer Prom
    Thursday, July 12, 2007
    Gay.com is covering a recent LGBT prom night - Rainbow Prom - that was held in Paragon City. They take a good look at the positive LGBT community in City of Heroes, and report that attendees had a blast at the prom.
    From the article:
    Rainbow Prom may have been the first virtual LGBT prom ever. Hundreds of super-powered lesbians and gays let their magical hair down at a new LGBT prom recently. They danced, flirted, elected a prom king and (drag) queen, played outdoors in their underwear at a mountain ski resort, and levitated with robotic boots and angels' wings until they crashed the server. Yes, they were in a virtual online world called "City of Heroes."
    Gay.com is also working with NCsoft to provide 14-day free trial memberships.
    Read the full article here.

Man, none of the other MMOs have gay proms...

see317 on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    see317 wrote: »
    http://www.coh.com/news/archives/2007/07/city_of_heroes_17.html
    City of Heroes Champions Virtual Queer Prom
    Thursday, July 12, 2007
    Gay.com is covering a recent LGBT prom night - Rainbow Prom - that was held in Paragon City. They take a good look at the positive LGBT community in City of Heroes, and report that attendees had a blast at the prom.
    From the article:
    Rainbow Prom may have been the first virtual LGBT prom ever. Hundreds of super-powered lesbians and gays let their magical hair down at a new LGBT prom recently. They danced, flirted, elected a prom king and (drag) queen, played outdoors in their underwear at a mountain ski resort, and levitated with robotic boots and angels' wings until they crashed the server. Yes, they were in a virtual online world called "City of Heroes."
    Gay.com is also working with NCsoft to provide 14-day free trial memberships.
    Read the full article here.

Man, none of the other MMOs have gay proms...

I'm actually surprised to find out that other MMOs have banned being gay, apparently.

CoH's always had a big LGBT community. I remember way back, pre-beta even, there was a discussion on Cryptic's Comic Book forum section from a gay guy who wanted to know about more gay comic characters.

People gave him answers.

I think it took about 2 pages before someone noted that if it was on, say, a Blizzard forum, the first page would've been "olol yur a fag" comments.

Scooter on
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I guess when you're wearing spandex and capes, it becomes difficult to question the sexuality of others.

And I thought the chalet was closed?

CyberJackal on
    edited July 2007
    Reading the article, it looks like they reopened it for the prom.

see317 on
    edited July 2007
    I would say furry prom next! But ya...

Gear Girl on
    edited July 2007
    It's wonderful to have a place where guys can pretend to be girls, right?

Scooter on
    edited July 2007
    Also where girls can pretend to be dinosaurs.

Gear Girl on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man guys, my PC completely died this week. Just as I was getting back into the game.

It is official, God does not want me to play CoH.

Does CoH have a Mac client?

Jasconius on
    edited July 2007
    Was it held on Victory? 'Cause Victory is the unofficial gay server, which is why I find it hilarious you guys chose it for our alt server.

Accualt on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    im in ur thread, readin ur OP

Oh god what has the forum merge done....

riz on
    edited July 2007
    The whole point of the merger was to let CoX take over the other communities.

Would you like a free trial

Scooter on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The whole point of the merger was to let CoX take over the other communities.

Would you like a free trial

scooter i love you

Pony on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Clearly you guys aren't doing enough. My blaster has received no blowjobs yet.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited July 2007
    Man, the idea isn't for us to give them.

:winky:

Scooter on
    edited July 2007
    Man, all these new people think we just give influence away or something. No hoover-hoover action equals no PLing.

Accualt on
    edited July 2007
    Oh, and is Power's Allegory full, or not open to the newbies? I was invited into academy, which is fine if that's where I should be, but I was wondering if I was confused as rolling a WoWer alt.

Septus on
    edited July 2007
    Power's Allegory is open for whatever character is going to be your main. We might have to boot someone who hasn't been active in awhile but that isn't a problem.

Also, in i10 news that is old but I just now read...
    Finally we wanted some cool things to do beyond just the missions and street fighting in the zone. We designed an entire raid-like zone event for the War Zone, and then the huge invasion World Event to kick the issue off. Both of these turned out cooler than we could have hoped, so much so that we tied part of the World Event into the new Task Force that the issue brings. Succeeding on mission five of the six mission Task Force fires off an instance of the World Event in a random zone. This means that players will continue to randomly experience the World Event indefinitely.

Hot!

Accualt on
    edited July 2007
    It's always full, but we'll always kick inactives to make room for active alts. Sometimes I'll just invite people to Academy though so they can use the SG porters without waiting for someone to get on an Allegory alt. The WoW team will have it's own SG when I hit 10.

Scooter on
    edited July 2007
    Well as far as I can tell, this blaster will be my main. But is Allegory mostly higher level heroes anyway? Greater access to grouping is all I really care about, and maybe Academy will do that.

Septus on
    edited July 2007
    Activity is what counts, not level. The main reason to be in Allegory rather than one of the alt SGs is to earn prestige, and 50s don't earn much more than 2s.

Scooter on
  • NAND NORNAND NOR Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Septus wrote: »
    Well as far as I can tell, this blaster will be my main. But is Allegory mostly higher level heroes anyway? Greater access to grouping is all I really care about, and maybe Academy will do that.

Access to grouping isn't really about being in one of the supergroups, it's about being part of the global chat channel. I don't think anyone has ever used the "Super Group" chat channels ... and if I remember correctly it's actually discouraged, since it's better to have everyone talk in the same place.

So basically, join the global channel and start talking. I'm pretty sure you've done that already, but that goes for anyone else that is interested in joining us in game.

NAND NOR on
    moebius.jpg
This discussion has been closed.