As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So guys, you've all seen my painted army. I did the maths and there's 3000 points of painted models there. Knowing the quality they're at, how much do you think I could sell it for?

I'm not intending to sell, but I am considering a 'Re-coup all the money I ever spent on this hobby fund."

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Trying to get out of 40k completely?

edited April 2012
    Nononono! I just want to know where the fire escape is.

Matrias on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Aw shit bro Relic do you that bad?

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    edited April 2012
    Man, 3000 points of your stuff? I'd think you could get an easy 2k-2.5k, at least.

SJ on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    So, I'm looking to sell my Necrons, about 4600 points or so. I'm wondering how to price them out. A chunk of it is pretty well painted.
    1 Nightbringer
    2 Necron Lords
    2 Necron Lord on Destroyer Body
    5 Pariah
    6 Flayed Ones
    15 Immortals
    97 Warriors
    24 Scarabs
    8 Destroyers
    3 Heavy Destroyers
    2 Tomb Spyders
    2 Monoliths

Where are you, continent-wise? Because I might be interested in the destroyers (inc. heavy and lord).

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.

I'm not selling! I'm just curious! If anything, I've been playing more 40k since I've been let go. All that free time, no kiddies clogging up the hobby store...

If I wanted to give up 40k, I'd rather buy a display case and keep it there because at the very least its a nice, artistic accomplishment.

• mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Matrias wrote: »

I'm not selling! I'm just curious! If anything, I've been playing more 40k since I've been let go. All that free time, no kiddies clogging up the hobby store...

If I wanted to give up 40k, I'd rather buy a display case and keep it there because at the very least its a nice, artistic accomplishment.

We're not going to judge you Matrias, whether you're sell-curious or buy-curious.
    i-see-what-you-did-there-rage-face-meme.png

mr_mich on
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Nax, Necrons never fought on Armegeddon. You can't have them.

It is my only army that isnt related to Armageddon... It pains me. I like it so far though, even though the Ark model I put together WAS THE FUCKING DEVIL

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Nax wrote: »
    Nax, Necrons never fought on Armegeddon. You can't have them.

It is my only army that isnt related to Armageddon... It pains me. I like it so far though, even though the Ark model I put together WAS THE FUCKING DEVIL

You guys didn't know that Armageddon was really a tomb world from back in the mists of time? Totally Necrons there.

@Model sellers- I've never seen painted stuff go for that much. I'd be very happy getting retail value for painted models. Matrias, you have a really nice army, so if anyone could do it, it's you.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I'm really looking to get rid of all of my Necrons in one go. I'm still trying to figure out how to price it. I figure just looking at what costs what off of the site and adding a discount would be best but what about the stuff that is actually painted pretty well?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    The problem with painted minis, traditionally, is that if its not a functional army in its own right, the fact that its painted dosent really add anything to the value. Most of the time, people who buy it are just going to strip it regardless, to add it to their existing army/scheme so they won't care so much that its painted. Also, that hard thing about unloading a lot, is that you will pretty much all of the time not be able to find someone that is interested in all of it. I mean, you've actually got models in there that are no longer in the new codex (Pariahs), so they are just bits or entirely useless. Also, you've got the normal "in this economy" argument that is going to make a single large price point hard for most people.

Now, if you're Matrias, and you can sell a functional army in one go, that is all painted to the ridiculous standard that he maintains... You can get more than model worth.

Now, all that said, I would like you to PM me if/when you get a price sorted out. I'd like a shot at the lot if its within my means at the time/forseeable future, as I am trying to build up my Necrons. As I am interested in it, I'm not going to add in any thoughts on how I normally price things to sell, or what I think its worth, cause why would you trust the buyer? :P

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    Do any of the pieces being pewter do anything since they are out of print or does that not matter at all?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Generally pewter stuff is worth less because people want more modern models if they're oop. Plus they're pewter.

E26cO.jpg
    Yea, I hate pewter so much.

Usually, only the stuff that was pewter and limited edition goes for anything decent... Also probably needs to be like, 20 years old. Like, if its pewter and now there are plastic/finecasts versions of it, people will prefer the plastic or resin kits (super hardcore anti-finecast folks aside) so the pewter versions arent really desired anymore. Like, now that I can get a resin Dante, I'd pretty much need to be given a metal one for free in order for me to take it... Can't begin to count the amount of times my Dante has taken a dive because he's fairly off balanced :P

I'm trying to be pretty honest about this... if anyone disagrees or has a different opinion, please voice it. I don't want to be the only one adding stuff like this when I'm actually interested in buying it :P I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to drive the price down or anything... These are just the things Ive noticed after many, many used mini transactions both here on the board with other posters, and on places like Bartertown

Did you say you had like over 4,000 points of stuff? That's gonna be super hard to offload all at once. You should really break it up into discreet bundles to sell, things will go easier for you.

• CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    If you break it up, i'll take the warriors and scarabs.

P.S In a 1500 point loganwing (basically logan, rune priest, 2x 5 missile fangs, 5x wolf guard squads with cyclone terminator) what would be better, 1 autocannon dread or 3 thunderwolf cav? Keep in mind i'm walking them, not podding them.

Crayon on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    (super hardcore anti-finecast folks aside)

You should be more sensitive to my disability, dick.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    SJ wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    mugginns wrote: »
    Dropping the FOC would be nice for Tyranids for sure. I don't really see a problem with it gameplay-wise but GW has been about force orgs for 40k for a while and that is their whole selling strategy.

I want them to take a leaf out of their own notes and borrow from the old Epic: Space Marine/Titan Legions Tyranid organisation where certain creatures were independent, dependent, or master types and to get a dependant you had to have a master type, and you could only have so many of each, a bit like Guard platoons but a little more flexible.

E.G. You'd have a Tyranid Warrior unit as a "master" troop unit that could allow you to take 'gaunts or 'gants that don't take up FOC slots, but genestealers are independent and take up a slot whatever happens.
    Needs a bit of working put, but you get the general idea….

fuck it, just reboot epic god damnit

I'd play so much more Epic/BFG than I do 40k. That also means I'd buy more stuff. Loads more. Hear that GW? I'll put kids through college if you reboot and support Epic/BFG.

• mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to be pretty honest about this... if anyone disagrees or has a different opinion, please voice it. I don't want to be the only one adding stuff like this when I'm actually interested in buying it :P I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to drive the price down or anything... These are just the things Ive noticed after many, many used mini transactions both here on the board with other posters, and on places like Bartertown

Nah it is pretty true. Painting = less value. Pewter or OOP = bitz bin usually if there is a plastic available. This is how our used minis go at our store.

E26cO.jpg
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    3 thunderwolf cav for sure Crayon

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    most def thunderwolf, they tear stuff up

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
    Speaking of Loganwing, I can't make armor saves to save my life. My favorite moment recently was losing one to a bolt pistol.....can't stress enough how much I hate my dice. In 1.5k games I generally lose something like half of each squad before they get into combat.

I am seriously thinking of just running draigo-wing instead. I figure two wound pallies that can teleport straight into the fight might make up for my lack of luck. Any thoughts? Am I just being a wuss?

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

wuss.

:(

• DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    I play imperial guard. Did you get an Armor Save vs that Bolt Pistol?

Wuss.

• AsherAsher Registered User regular
    @Matrias

3000+ points is probably too big to offload all at once. In general, in order to break even or even make something back armies need to be painted to a great standard and be 1500-2k in size. Unless the painting is great, most people will baulk at the cost and very few people want to buy a 3k army in one go. Your painting is easily at the standard that people will pay money for, but 2k is usually too big of a bite for most people to take. A 1500-2000 point chunk of it that could be taken to Tournaments would probably be a pretty sure thing.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I had a real problem with alergies the last few days and no I am on my vacation other than a real nasty problem I created I have to take care of and general house stuff I will be planning on painting over the week. I just have to find where I put the primer.
    I see people trying to sell large warhammer armies all the time half painted, new in box, "pro painted" or any other way to can think of just that most of the time it's either the price or something else offputting about it,

Yet they sell
    I don't know know if 40k armies do sell since I am just looking at dark elf armies online

As for another thought I know Space Hulk sold and Dreadfleet not so I wonder if GW is going to do another reboot and of what? I know epic and nercomunda have living rulebooks right now but I still will do unspeakable things for a Warhammer Quest reprint

I once lost 2 terminators to one storm bolter.

WTF was that thing shooting anyway.

signature.png
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I was thinking about selling my Iron Hands and maybe my Eldar when I go back home for a holiday. I'm unlikely to use them much/ever again and they're both about 1800 points worth of decently painted dudes so they might work as a bulk lot.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    altmann wrote: »

I lost a whole squad of Khrone berserkers in one round of shooting to generic imperial guard.

The weridest fight I ever had was back in 2nd, my swooping hawk exarch took Ragnar Blackmane on and back and forth we rolled saves doing no damage while the rest of the armies really did nothing to each other

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Oh, 2e Ragnar was great. Especially since he was one of the few special characters you could give extra wargear to. Between the combat drugs and being deployed next to the guy with The Quickening, he'd be running 48" a turn. Yes on foot. And then swing with like twenty or thirty attacks. And still only kill one dude because extra attacks were basically worthless back then. D:

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular

Last week my opponent lost three terminators to an exploding Venom, it was quite something.

My favorite is a guy losing like 3 wounds on his paladins to like bolters or something.

But it inevitably results in something like him passing 341247 2-ups after that.

signature.png
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Oh, 2e Ragnar was great. Especially since he was one of the few special characters you could give extra wargear to. Between the combat drugs and being deployed next to the guy with The Quickening, he'd be running 48" a turn. Yes on foot. And then swing with like twenty or thirty attacks. And still only kill one dude because extra attacks were basically worthless back then. D:

My brother over time has become every unintersted with Ragnar even to the point where he stripped his space wolves with that great company marking to do them as another. way back in 2e he liked him now I don't think he has even removed him from the case in 5 years

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

Last week my opponent lost three terminators to an exploding Venom, it was quite something.
    I have an ork opponent who figured out the best way to kill my deathwing is to have them in the blast radius when his trukks blow up. I lose more guys to those than to power klaws.

• saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular

Well, the first terminator died of acute stormbolter, true. But the other one, he died of a broken heart.

• El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Does anyone know of a way to remove GW glue? I purchased a used unpainted monolith and the previous owner glued the portal/symbol backwards and I would like to remove those pieces and re-attach them correctly.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have read that nail polish remover dissolves the glue but I am wary to use it; I also read that it can damage the plastic. Also there is a ton of glue so I don't want to try and leverage it off because I am afraid I might break the pieces.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
This discussion has been closed.