As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Forza 4] SBC 2012 Season 2: "It's Good Enough"

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    That was an interesting night.

The 787 is a terrifying car at full speed using the controller.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    That was an interesting night.

The 787 is a terrifying car at any speed ever using any control mechanism ever.

Yeap.

u4OkoEI.png
    Especially within the first 10 feet of Le Sarthe...

*cough*

• Fender_BenderFender_Bender MichiganRegistered User regular
    Especially within the first 10 feet of Le Sarthe...

*cough*

....whoops...

XBL: OLDFenderBender Steam: [OLD]FenderBender
    Was mostly my fault. It started torquing right and I didn't straighten it out in time.

well you torqued to the right, I had torque steer to the left, that Ultima is just 'stupid'.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    well you torqued to the right, I had torque steer to the left, that Ultima is just 'stupid'.

Best crash of the night, by far.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Want to see video of mine and Fender's incident on lap one...please, thank you.

All in all, I actually had a pretty good time with the Targa. I think I was the only one who pitted last night, and still only lost by 6k' in the Lancia.

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    So I'm going to be around for the FSCS race at Silverstone on Sunday. Bast/Fender, do I have your team's permission to formally make myself a member of the team and announce Three Mister Two's collapse?

• BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    Sure whatever

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2012
    fine by me, I'll go ahead and send the stuff over to ya

Also working on that video Ken
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnLD1K9Qz_A&hd=1

Fender_Bender on
    Cool, I might be able to get on later tonight to practice as well.

you'll have to add the number plate and stuff, you can also paint the car to any color you want fyi

but it'd look better the way it is

steam_sig.png
    Just qualified with a 2:00.195. Had a 1:59.5 but screwed up the last series of turns and lost almost 7 tenths of a second. Really pissed at myself for that

What change should I do to the paint to make it "distinctive"? it's just so good looking I don't want to change anything but I thought something has to be a little different for all team members.

edited April 2012
    I'm lucky I got a good time on lap 3 since I made the mistake of qualifying in preds lobby with like 10 people so after the first couple laps I had a bunch of GT cars ghosting through me, fucking up my shits.

veevee paint your headlights a different color. mine are clear with the red behind them, fender painted his yellow

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2012
    i thought that part wasnt paintable on this car but I could be wrong

*edit* wtf it put my post before the one I was replying to

\/

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
    I think I'll go clear with green behind them.

you need the fscs sticker on the sides of the car, i couldn't send them to ya since they were locked

On there now.

And Bast, changing the car's main color changes the headlight color. The car itself is all vinyls

Veevee wrote: »
    And Bast, changing the car's main color changes the headlight color. The car itself is all vinyls

Thought I said that...

Does the May pack come out today? I wanna race some Transits.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    I spent all night trying to beat Snowowl, and missed him by like .5sec.

On the plus side, I finally beat Fender at something. Bucket list: CHECK.

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

It does and it has. Finished downloading it but haven't had a chance to check out the cars yet.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    Bloodsheed wrote: »

It does and it has. Finished downloading it but haven't had a chance to check out the cars yet.

Noice. You must go find out what swaps the transit has. Go forth!

aeNqQM9.jpg

I return with news!

You can do an engine swap on the Transit. The engine is the V8 - #25 FG Falcon, which I assume means something to someone. Just that takes it from the starting PI of F145 to C407. It also has body kits where you can swap the front bumper, rear bumper and side skids to the "street" version of the Transit, instead of the Sport version. You can also put the Forza wing on it (sadly, not the full spoiler-style wing, just the little flap).

It is, I must say, hideously ugly and gigantic.

I'm gonna spend so much time in the paint editor the next few days...

So many ideas...

I return with news!

You can do an engine swap on the Transit. The engine is the V8 - #25 FG Falcon, which I assume means something to someone. Just that takes it from the starting PI of F145 to C407. It also has body kits where you can swap the front bumper, rear bumper and side skids to the "street" version of the Transit, instead of the Sport version. You can also put the Forza wing on it (sadly, not the full spoiler-style wing, just the little flap).

It is, I must say, hideously ugly and gigantic.

Haha, yesssss. The swap is even better than I could have hoped.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    You can get those Aussie Supercar engines up to like... 975 (925?) horsepower.

AWW FUCKKKK

edit: LOL WAT

Houston, we have a problem. Pack shows as -1 MSP for the price. I have the Season Pass, so I thought you know, whatever.

Well... about that.

oliYu.jpg?1

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited May 2012
    You can get those Aussie Supercar engines up to like... 975 (925?) horsepower.

AWW FUCKKKK

edit: LOL WAT

Houston, we have a problem. Pack shows as -1 MSP for the price. I have the Season Pass, so I thought you know, whatever.

Well... about that.

oliYu.jpg?1

Time to pony up there Scatman. Comes to 53.7 million dollars.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited May 2012
    There's some forum threads about this. I haven't read them yet, but its a known issue and I think there's actually a workaround as well.

edit: Also, I don't think the TopGear Pack is under the season pass.

LTM on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    ... abwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Who wants to guess what the upper limit is for an unsigned integer (uint)? It miiiiiiight be 4,294,967,295

edited May 2012
    There's some forum threads about this. I haven't read them yet, but its a known issue and I think there's actually a workaround as well.

edit: Also, I don't think the TopGear Pack is under the season pass.

Interesting, since it shows the orange band with the little "FREE" on them like the past packs.

But yes, the April pack was the final SP pack.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    Also, people have noted that the multiplayer connectivity is sketchier since the DLC dropped, and also that paint jobs seem to randomly come and go now.

So, woooooo?

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    ... abwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Who wants to guess what the upper limit is for an unsigned integer (uint)? It miiiiiiight be 4,294,967,295

32 bits ought to be enough for anyone.

Forward thinking by the programmer, though. When they fuck it up, they can't lose money.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    That van is ridiculous. I put it up at A class (I don't think it can hit full S). I think it's the largest thing in the game where you have the option to take of its plates. It goes ~ 200 MPH and REQUIRES me to switch views either to cockpit or one of the hood/bumper cams because even in the fully pulled out 3rd person you can't see the road.

The redline in that thing is also... in an interesting place. Namely it's a sliver.

So what class are we going to be running the transit in? I vote a nice healthy B.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Mine's set for B IIRC.

The Smart makes a hell of a B class go-kart, too. The rear engine/rear-drive combo and the super dumb weight makes it very... eager.

But there's no saving it if you get it sideways. Basically just imagine a 911 with 60 inches hacked out of the middle.

u4OkoEI.png
    edited May 2012
    Oh and if you ever want to really stress yourself out, hire an AI driver to race against max-difficulty AI. It's kinda like watching a trainwreck. I had to restart the first time because my driver plowed into a Camaro in the first four seconds, ruining the engine.

The AI actually never passes ever for any reason. Makes my balls hurt. You know the car is fine because you beat Rossi by like 30 seconds, but any time you hit a straight-away with 200 more horsepower than the car in front of you, the AI just tailgates the shit out of them, alternating throttle and brake. Ughjkadfgasdg.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png