As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Que veux-tu, [chat]? Happy May Day!

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Oh I am down to 309lbs by the way.

I'm sure that's a slightly dehydrated weight and will go up ~5lbs but I am counting it.

Almost out of the 300s.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I think winning a match by having Parappa smack someone with his skateboard shouting "I GOTTA BELIEVE" would be sufficiently epic for good times.

So how many bizarre contortions do you think they're going to have to do in order to prevent themselves from describing the game "like Super Smash Brothers" in their pitches?

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

I love that picture, but the sizes of the various Enterprises are just so ridiculously off.

Rerouting criticism to deflector array

Psn:wazukki
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

I'm sure that's a slightly dehydrated weight and will go up ~5lbs but I am counting it.

Almost out of the 300s.

That's awesome Lud :)

Also, now that I've unilaterally made plans for this weekend, I should probably find something to distract my fiancée for that evening.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Almost out of the 300s.

Soon we'll be sub-300 bros! :D

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Ludious you are gonna pass me soon

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    At that scale would you even be able to tell the difference in size of the enterprises? Aren't they like a few thousand meters at the smallest?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Almost out of the 300s.

good job! Keep it up! You can do it!

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »

I love that picture, but the sizes of the various Enterprises are just so ridiculously off.

Rerouting criticism to deflector array

Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic picture!

Just my nerd organ flexing, but if it can't flex on the internet where can it? I'm not legally allowed to go to parks anymore!

Lh96QHG.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Yellow wizard needs hair wash badly.

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Hey [chat]!

... Cass making out with girls stories?

I can work with this.

hey scrublord are you coming to tcaf

i have your bouncy ball

I am! I need deets, but I'm definitely coming.

I may or may not bring baked goods.

Prepare to be excited / disappointed.

ugggggghh. I WANT TO GO TO TCAF.

MoCCA was pretty cool. I saw Scott Adsit from 30 Rock while I was there.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    You know what I'd like? A shooter which focused on not getting hit at all. Like, a single hit takes you out. But then have the whole thing be based on being prescient about firefights - so you see the whole world in a sort of probability blur when you're in a fire fight - and your controls don't actually control the character, they control your immediate future - so you move and see the next few seconds ghost out ahead of you, and get a chance to change it.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    At that scale would you even be able to tell the difference in size of the enterprises? Aren't they like a few thousand meters at the smallest?

<NX> <======================D======================> (probably not exactly, but I think you get my point)

Lh96QHG.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    You know what I'd like? A shooter which focused on not getting hit at all. Like, a single hit takes you out. But then have the whole thing be based on being prescient about firefights - so you see the whole world in a sort of probability blur when you're in a fire fight - and your controls don't actually control the character, they control your immediate future - so you move and see the next few seconds ghost out ahead of you, and get a chance to change it.

I hate shooters and I'd play that. it'd be more like a puzzle game.

How would you know we were nerds if you weren't one yourself? :twisted:

If the order was D, NCC-1701, NX-01, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Things shouldn't look bigger the farther away they are. If I put a squirrel behind a semi truck, the squirrel shouldn't look bigger than the semi.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

so, the original prince of persia with guns?

I'd play Sands of Time with guns. :D

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    This Sony Smash Bros thing is going to crash and burn like a Pudding Lane Bakery if they don't pick up some high-profile characters. Which is a shame because the game itself looks fun regardless of who's in it, but just like you need good games to sell your console, you need good characters to sell these kind of games.

No doubt it'l have Jak & Daxter, Ratchet and with 3rd parties being in there I assume Crash and Spyro, Ezio, Cloud/Tidus and Snake

And that would be awesome, but are those characters as high profile as Nintendo's offerings?

If they get Spyro hell yeah Skylanders is super huge right now.

Also they need Sir Daniel Fortesque from medievil.

• Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular

I was going to post a picture of Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds, but GIS led me to a site called "Bearotic" (please do not visit this as it may not be SFW).

I was shocked and surprised at what I saw.

40 minutes later, I had to look away.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Oooh, free admission for TCAF. Unexpected bonus!

I hate shooters and I'd play that. it'd be more like a puzzle game.

I'm thinking it would give you a ton of leeway to make it stylish as hell too. It's basically "gun-kata" the video game.

You could do some interesting things in that model too, depending on pacing. Dispense with pre-baked animations and have it so you can individually position say, the arms and legs, and see whether the next few seconds result in getting shot.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Nothing is nerdier than arguing about the scale of federation class starships

If the order was D, NCC-1701, NX-01, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Things shouldn't look bigger the farther away they are. If I put a squirrel behind a semi truck, the squirrel shouldn't look bigger than the semi.

The scale looks appropriate. The NX looks smaller than the D. Compare their saucer sections, I think your perspective is wrong. It looks like I could put NX's into D's with room to spare. 1701's and D's look roughly similar in size though, but D looks like it'd edge out by a few meters in diameter.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

Not even writing a fanfic about Starfleet Engineers arguing about the scale of federation class starships?

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Oh jesus, the idiots in the House are trying to restore the Airborne Laser system.

What am?

So at some point someone had the brilliant idea of strapping a big chemical laser to a 747 and use it to try to shoot down ICBMs. Well TBMs but dipshits are pushing for it to be used against ICBMs. The system is flawed. First, it can't consistently kill it's targets. Second, it needs to pretty much catch the missile during the boost phase to work. Third, it's absurdly expensive. The Pentagon retired it. But there is a push for it to be returned to service for use in preventing Iran from launching ICBMs. This doesn't include their most fuckwitted directive to develop an interceptor system for the East Coast.
    I had completely forgotten about the air-borne laser. The Pentagon and Congress don't typically care about the feasibility of their crazed ideas. What they do care about is siphoning money into the coffers of the industrial military complex and through select districts.

bowen wrote: »

The scale looks appropriate. The NX looks smaller than the D. Compare their saucer sections, I think your perspective is wrong. It looks like I could put NX's into D's with room to spare. 1701's and D's look roughly similar in size though, but D looks like it'd edge out by a few meters in diameter.

1701 and NX look all right, but the D is waaaaay too small, especially if you see the B and C in the background. My question, where's the E? That was a badass ship, it deserves badass posters.. It's still a really cool picture, and not really an important gripe at all.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular

Not even writing a fanfic about Starfleet Engineers arguing about the scale of federation class starships?

Perhaps arguing that the Engineers arguing about the scale of the ships could not possibly be having the conversation, because one was assigned to second shift on a completely different deck.

Dynagrip wrote: »
    Oh jesus, the idiots in the House are trying to restore the Airborne Laser system.

What am?

So at some point someone had the brilliant idea of strapping a big chemical laser to a 747 and use it to try to shoot down ICBMs. Well TBMs but dipshits are pushing for it to be used against ICBMs. The system is flawed. First, it can't consistently kill it's targets. Second, it needs to pretty much catch the missile during the boost phase to work. Third, it's absurdly expensive. The Pentagon retired it. But there is a push for it to be returned to service for use in preventing Iran from launching ICBMs. This doesn't include their most fuckwitted directive to develop an interceptor system for the East Coast.
    I had completely forgotten about the air-borne laser. The Pentagon and Congress don't typically care about the feasibility of their crazed ideas. What they do care about is siphoning money into the coffers of the industrial military complex and through select districts.

Man that thing was ridiculous in every way. It wasn't even environmentally friendly: to fire it used the most amazingly toxic cocktail of gases that you had to vent after each shot.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

It is like the gold-standard of nerdiness.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @elldren I saw the bat signal from yesterday -- 6 PM today is fine for me

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    That is basically identical to the plot of a west wing ep.

Yeah I thought D could stand being a bit bigger. Artistic expression and all that, I think it was done for the wow factor to make them all appear as equals rather than anything else.

Perhaps arguing that the Engineers arguing about the scale of the ships could not possibly be having the conversation, because one was assigned to second shift on a completely different deck.

And she's half Saiyan and was sorted into Ravenclaw![/Mary Sue Twist]

Man some thing's are awesome for my brain. I feel so wired right now. Of course my fucked up sleep schedule and coffee helps, but currently I'm fucking loving midnight when there's no one around.

Aye, fair enough. It remains an awesome picture. Not better than the one of Kirk and Dr Who fighting together, but still really good.

Lh96QHG.png
    Aye, fair enough. It remains an awesome picture. Not better than the one of Kirk and Dr Who fighting together, but still really good.

Wait what ?

Wait what ?

http://mikelynchcartoons.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/star-trek-and-doctor-who-vs-klingons.html

Someone around here has it as their avatar.

Lh96QHG.png
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Oooh, free admission for TCAF. Unexpected bonus!

WHAT.

brb moving to Toronto

This discussion has been closed.