As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

VF5 Final Showdown June 6th, Everyone In This Thread Is Buying It [FIGHTING GAMES]

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    Biz brings out the salt in everyone.

Honestly, I do. It's just the style I play, sort of mid-range hit and skitter back. It's not full rushdown and it's not keep away, it's kind of like zoning, but not full-screen. It's like that in every fighting game I've played and it really does piss some people off.

Footsie based I guess :).
    Knob wrote: »
    So apparently the best way for me to improve my rog game is to play someone else for a month. Everytime i take a break, I come back stronger.

Weird.

I am not like this :(.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    So apparently the best way for me to improve my rog game is to play someone else for a month. Everytime i take a break, I come back stronger.

Weird.

some people are like this. i have a friend who feels like the more he intensely practices with a character, the worse he gets, until he takes a break and comes back to find all the latent knowledge has sort of marinaded in his brain.

i think that when you focus on a character it's easy to get stuck in ruts and patterns - you're more likely to develop habits, you're less able to inhabit the headspace of an opponent playing a different character, you are more likely to get frustrated if you're facing an obstacle because you don't have the perspective from playing other characters that might help you get creative, etc.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    whenever I get in a rut like that and try other characters and stuff I always just end up realizing how much better I am with them and go "what the hell am I doing" before I go back to my usual things

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular

Weird.

I'm exactly the same way. In fact I make it a point to stop playing for a couple of weeks after events. It breaks all the bad habits you get into and when you come back your entire arsenal comes to mind each fight, rather than just going to what worked against someone over and over.

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    That's what I think it mostly is. After long periods of just playing one character, I get burnt out and autopilot a bunch, matches start to blend together in my mind, I get xated on limitations instead of focusing on strengths. Switching characters lets me see mahes from a different perspective, and when I come back I'm reminded of why I play rog in the first place and my urge to learn and improve is rekindled.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    How do you use a TE in your lap? I lose control that way.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    whenever I get in a rut like that and try other characters and stuff I always just end up realizing how much better I am with them and go "what the hell am I doing" before I go back to my usual things

This is me and I hate it. My new urge is wanting to try a Nova / Frank / Deadpool team, but anytime I lose I'm like "that wouldn't have happened with my original team" and then I get bitter.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    How do you use a TE in your lap? I lose control that way.

How do you lose control? Unless you're mashing violently, it should never even move.

• WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    maybe he tends to pop boners

4SMZq.jpg
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Was it Ultradavid who was talking about how sticks should have felt on the bottom to prevent them from slipping?

'cause it's definitely an issue I have.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    As long as you keep your feet flat on the floor, I don't see how you can make it move. Then again, I pride myself on having tight execution and making as little excess movement as possible.

I ride the gate and use excess movement all over and my TE is fine in my lap. I sit leaning back, feet sometimes on my coffee table. I think my legs are slightly angled because I'm tall, so the TE is a little tilted?

People need to stop wearing silk pants while playing with their stick.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

tee hee

BahamutZERO.gif
  • KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular

I just like to oil my thighs and play naked.

Wimble wrote: »

this is why I don't play rufus, my stick won't stay put

Wimble wrote: »

this is why I don't play rufus, my stick won't stay put

Let it be known that twelve year old males should not use a TE when playing Skullgirls.

I put the balltop in my ass and press buttons with my sack.

That's the main reason I haven't won a major, keep getting thrown out of venues during casuals

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I put the balltop in my ass and press buttons with my sack.

That's the main reason I haven't won a major, keep getting thrown out of venues during casuals

I've found if you use a bat top instead, it's pretty inconspicuous to do this under a utili-kilt. Maybe try that unless you're going BRZ|.

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Was it Ultradavid who was talking about how sticks should have felt on the bottom to prevent them from slipping?

http://eightarc.com makes sticks with felt bottoms.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    I'm trying to figure out who I want to focus on now in SF4

I've narrowed it down to Cammy, Ryu, Rose, or Dudley (whom I can already play), or more drastically, Cody, Adon or Zangief.

Probably Cammy.

edited May 2012
    B:L wrote: »
    facetious wrote: »

http://eightarc.com makes sticks with felt bottoms.

I wanted one of these so bad. But I had this TE collecting dust for a year and if I couldn't sell it, I'd at least try to Dual Mod it without destroying it. Now that that's succeeded, I removed the art and want to give it art, but I'm waiting for more hi-res Skullgirls captures to appear.

If I don't make a Skullgirls stick, I would love a classy black and white look like that.

With that said, are there ways to add felt to sticks out yet?

Cantido on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    sfxt dlc paid for gems came out today btw

so

stop playing strangers in that game i guess

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    how about I just stop playing SFxT

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    The only gems that piss me off are the auto throw tech gems.

Of course I could just pick a character who could jab - walk up - jab ad naseum.

I'm trying to figure out who I want to focus on now in SF4

I've narrowed it down to Cammy, Ryu, Rose, or Dudley (whom I can already play), or more drastically, Cody, Adon or Zangief.

Probably Cammy.

Adon is pretty damn good right now, and his game is so straightforward it is ridiculous

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    how about I just stop playing SFxT

that is acceptable

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    but gary i need to show you my doriyas

lfYVHTd.png
    edited May 2012
    could you not just buy a square of adhesive backed felt? That shit is pretty easy to find. Art supply stores often have it, and maybe hardware stores. Do a google search for it.

e: like this shit: http://www.enasco.com/c/artsandcrafts/Crafts/Felt/

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited May 2012
    could you not just buy a square of adhesive backed felt? That shit is pretty easy to find. Art supply stores often have it, and maybe hardware stores. Do a google search for it.

e: like this shit: http://www.enasco.com/c/artsandcrafts/Crafts/Felt/

You just don't get it. Sanwa needs to make it :D

In all seriousness I'm getting used to using the TE in my lap rather than scarring my right foot and ankle sitting on tile floor, and if it becomes a problem I'll take a trip to Michael's and buy some Felt and glue.

Cantido on
    officially licensed F4T4LITY adhesive-backed felt profriction hyperpads

BahamutZERO.gif
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    In the lounge at school

I hear the click clack of fight sticks

I get really excited

I look around

Chubby asian dude with a mullet against a guy with ffx-2 custom stick art and comic sans words

Playing Blazblue

lfYVHTd.png
    edited May 2012
    hahaha oh my god that is so funny
    I am crying here, holy shit

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    In the lounge at school

I get really excited

I look around

Chubby asian dude with a mullet against a guy with ffx-2 custom stick art and comic sans words

Playing Blazblue

Huh, didn't know you went to my school Swordfights.

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Then swordfights realized he was the guy with the ffxiii-2 custom art stick with comic sans print

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    edited May 2012
    I saw kids playing BlazBlue in the local Valencia CC's food court. I was all "huh, what's an entertainment system doing here."

BlazBlue is the only thing I can't play with a stick (I hit wrong buttons). I use a pad for BlazBlue.

Cantido on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I wanna know why you got close enough to see that it was comic sans.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    TheStig wrote: »
    I wanna know why you got close enough to see that it was comic sans.

It turned out the guy with Yuna stick art was nice and i got invited to weeklies at LLND's house

lfYVHTd.png
    In the lounge at school

I get really excited

I look around

Playing Blazblue

Huh, didn't know you went to my school Swordfights.
    Is this a real post because i think you live in california too

lfYVHTd.png
    They started playing marvel

Apparently he goes to the runback every week

I got blown up cuz I'm used to double qcf supers and so i kept supering because i have bad button habits

But then i went storm iron man akuma and it went way better

Luckily i have a qanba cuz they play ps3

lfYVHTd.png
This discussion has been closed.