As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Que veux-tu, [chat]? Happy May Day!

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    You know, I'm ashamed of myself. I really am. I'm sorry if I'm letting anyone down.

But I do not want a Female Dr Who ever. We can have a female Time Lord. She can have her own series. But for "Dr Who" to become Female? Not interested.

I'm not going to defend what I say. But there it is. NOT FUCKING INTERESTED.

You're entitled to your opinions, Lud. Your opinions are wrong, of course, but you're still entitled to them.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    To balance out the misogyny there, I do think it's kinda fucked up, considering the whole reincarnation aspect of Zelda, that we've never had a Female Link and a Male Zelda.

wut?
    linkcosplay01.jpg

I sense a trap.

A sexy trap.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I think a female Doctor would be fine, not HBC, but a female doctor would be fine.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    He just dresses like an old guy. Is that what hipsters do these days?

The hipsters I know just wear really long scarves and collect novelty candy.

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    WOMEN CAN'T BE DOCTORS, DECLARES LOCAL POSTER

Shocked posters in the vicinity could only respond in breaking local news format for several posts.

When reached for comment, one such poster said, "Shocked posters in the vicinity could only respond in breaking local news format for several posts."

Back to you, Desc.

Psn:wazukki
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I sense my first scoop as a gotcha journalist

Ludious, what other jobs can women never do?

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Hipsters like to dress up in outfits resembling Smith's Doctor's outfit. The difference is that the Doctor is a thousand year old alien and Hipsters are pricks.

Lh96QHG.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Women can't be THAT doctor.

Why not?

Because that doctor is a male. Pretty much this is going to go horribly and it's going to get into heternormative this and blah blah blah that hippy bullshit.

Look. If I am a misogynist for this one, pin the label on me. But let's skip the argument and get right to the conclusions.

Ludious on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

penis model

"I'm not saying they can't be starship captains, but Voyager set a really poor precedent."

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i guess my main problem with doctor who is that it is bad

• Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    The hipsters I know are twee as fuck.

Just knitting cat clothes while pooping out lost Beat Happening records.

Playing the recorder and the triangle in local bands.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

you like Family Guy since 200x. Shut up Organichu

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    That song from the NFL Network commercials ("Invincible" by Machine Gun Kelly) is fantastic and has been playing nearly on loop in my apartment lately.

Just thought you all should know.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

That's just, like, your opinion, man.

edited May 2012

Why not?

Because that doctor is a male. Pretty much this is going to go horribly and it's going to get into heternormative this and blah blah blah that hippy bullshit.

Look. If I am a misogynist for this one, pin the label on me. But let's skip the argument and get right to the conclusions.

This is why I like you, Ludious.

BeNarwhal on

Every episode I watch I enjoy at least 75% of it then there is the 25% that leaves me going "Oh come on, you didn't have to do that! So lame!"

Certain episodes are worse/greater than others but it just isn't worth the time to find out.

(I still like David Tennant)

wazilla wrote: »
    WOMEN CAN'T BE DOCTORS, DECLARES LOCAL POSTER

Shocked posters in the vicinity could only respond in breaking local news format for several posts.

When reached for comment, one such poster said, "Shocked posters in the vicinity could only respond in breaking local news format for several posts."

Back to you, Desc.

Thank you, wazilla. In another twist to this developing story, Ludious has allegedly demanded a ceremony and a medal -- yes folks, a medal -- as a reward for his controversial views. We'll have more after this commercial break.

Why not?

Yo dawg, they set up that Time Lords can jump the gender barrier in The Doctor's Wife. I don't think its misogynist to say that, like, Dwight Schrute is a dude so next season he can't just be recast as a woman, but Time Lords are weirdo aliens who can change shape. They mayn't have our same set of gender binaries.

Lh96QHG.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hell, time Lords? They reproduce by weaving there genetic code in a magic machine thing... i think.

you had to get surgery to not die by 40.

• Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Why do Doctor Who fans never get along

yGxvf.png
    I guess I could explain myself this way. Because Dr. Who represents an image. For me that image is "eclectic eccentric British male"
    You gotta realize, I'm the guy who scoffed when they killed Steve Rogers when I'm not even that emotionally invested in the character, because Captain America IS Steve Rogers. Nobody else can be Captain America.

Batman IS Bruce Wayne.

Nobody else can be Batman.

Spider-Man IS Peter Parker.

Nobody else can be Spider-Man.

Dr. Who IS "eclectic eccentric British guy"

It's a lot less about the fact that there needs to be a dick in that I have pretty boring and unwavering opinions about my heroic archetypes.

Hell, time Lords? They reproduce by weaving there genetic code in a magic machine thing... i think.

Don't bring none of that expanded universe shit in here, boy.

NuWho has established pretty well that Time Lords, like all cool species, procreate through judicious use of making sex.

Lh96QHG.png
    Why do Doctor Who fans never get along

Custody battle for them between like 8 dads

you had to get surgery to not die by 40.

Hey now, that probably applies to a surprising number of us! :P

Why not?

Yo dawg, they set up that Time Lords can jump the gender barrier in The Doctor's Wife. I don't think its misogynist to say that, like, Dwight Schrute is a dude so next season he can't just be recast as a woman, but Time Lords are weirdo aliens who can change shape. They mayn't have our same set of gender binaries.

Time Lords should be reveled to be sea horse like entities made up of pure energy.

The hipsters I know just wear really long scarves and collect novelty candy.

YOU DID NOT JUST IMPLY WHAT I THINK YOU IMPLIED! Because if you did imply what I think you implied, I will fly to Alaska to rip your balls off and shove them down your throat. RAAAGGGEEE!

Chu you won't get to see The Hobbit in 3D.

I feel like this girl should star in the live action adaption of squirrel girl
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRPOztxXWlQ&feature=relmfu

Don't bring none of that expanded universe shit in here, boy.

NuWho has established pretty well that Time Lords, like all cool species, procreate through judicious use of making sex.

What? When? When was the established?

i haven't even read the hobbit since i was a kid. i am not all that taken with tolkien.

I think a female Doctor would be fine, not HBC, but a female doctor would be fine.

Man, HBC is perfect for that role. Why do you disagree with this obvious truth?

i haven't even read the hobbit since i was a kid. i am not all that taken with tolkien.

You won't get to see ANY movie in 3D

EVER.

I guess I could explain myself this way. Because Dr. Who represents an image. For me that image is "eclectic eccentric British male"
    You gotta realize, I'm the guy who scoffed when they killed Steve Rogers when I'm not even that emotionally invested in the character, because Captain America IS Steve Rogers. Nobody else can be Captain America.

Batman IS Bruce Wayne.

It's a lot less about the fact that there needs to be a dick in that I have pretty boring and unwavering opinions about my heroic archetypes.

YOU ARE THE REASON DONALD GLOVER DIDN'T GET PICKED FOR SPIDERMAN.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

AH HAHAHAHA!

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    man i am dumb

i am like a diabetic shovelling down ice cream

i need a live in nanny clearly

Winky wrote: »

Batman IS Bruce Wayne.

YOU ARE THE REASON DONALD GLOVER DIDN'T GET PICKED FOR SPIDERMAN.

As long as he's called Peter Parker and has Peter Parker's origin I don't give a fuck about skincolor son so you're WRONG.

This discussion has been closed.