Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Que veux-tu, [chat]? Happy May Day!

1111214161791

Posts

  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    You know, I'm ashamed of myself. I really am. I'm sorry if I'm letting anyone down.

    But I do not want a Female Dr Who ever. We can have a female Time Lord. She can have her own series. But for "Dr Who" to become Female? Not interested.

    I'm not going to defend what I say. But there it is. NOT FUCKING INTERESTED.

    You're entitled to your opinions, Lud. Your opinions are wrong, of course, but you're still entitled to them.

    SuperKawaiiWillSig.jpg
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    To balance out the misogyny there, I do think it's kinda fucked up, considering the whole reincarnation aspect of Zelda, that we've never had a Female Link and a Male Zelda.

    wut?
    linkcosplay01.jpg

    I sense a trap.

    A sexy trap.

  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I think a female Doctor would be fine, not HBC, but a female doctor would be fine.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    He just dresses like an old guy. Is that what hipsters do these days?

    CmgpQ.jpg
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    The hipsters I know just wear really long scarves and collect novelty candy.

    CmgpQ.jpg
  • wazillawazilla Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    WOMEN CAN'T BE DOCTORS, DECLARES LOCAL POSTER

    Shocked posters in the vicinity could only respond in breaking local news format for several posts.

    When reached for comment, one such poster said, "Shocked posters in the vicinity could only respond in breaking local news format for several posts."

    Back to you, Desc.

  • descdesc Registered User regular
    I sense my first scoop as a gotcha journalist

    Ludious, what other jobs can women never do?

  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Hipsters like to dress up in outfits resembling Smith's Doctor's outfit. The difference is that the Doctor is a thousand year old alien and Hipsters are pricks.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • LudiousLudious It's hard out here for a conservative bronyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Ludious wrote: »
    Women can't be THAT doctor.

    Why not?

    Because that doctor is a male. Pretty much this is going to go horribly and it's going to get into heternormative this and blah blah blah that hippy bullshit.

    Look. If I am a misogynist for this one, pin the label on me. But let's skip the argument and get right to the conclusions.

    Ludious on
  • WinkyWinky Frog Rammer Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I sense my first scoop as a gotcha journalist

    Ludious, what other jobs can women never do?

    penis model

    Play Super Smush wit me: 1006-0814-0691
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I sense my first scoop as a gotcha journalist

    Ludious, what other jobs can women never do?

    "I'm not saying they can't be starship captains, but Voyager set a really poor precedent."

    CmgpQ.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i guess my main problem with doctor who is that it is bad

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    The hipsters I know are twee as fuck.

    Just knitting cat clothes while pooping out lost Beat Happening records.

    Playing the recorder and the triangle in local bands.

  • LudiousLudious It's hard out here for a conservative bronyRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i guess my main problem with doctor who is that it is bad

    you like Family Guy since 200x. Shut up Organichu

  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    That song from the NFL Network commercials ("Invincible" by Machine Gun Kelly) is fantastic and has been playing nearly on loop in my apartment lately.

    Just thought you all should know.

    Free Henroid
  • 21stCentury21stCentury *~ Have a Magical day ~* Purveyor of Pixelly PalsRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i guess my main problem with doctor who is that it is bad

    That's just, like, your opinion, man.

    MVZBm5i.pngzd1yxOn.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Ludious wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Women can't be THAT doctor.

    Why not?

    Because that doctor is a male. Pretty much this is going to go horribly and it's going to get into heternormative this and blah blah blah that hippy bullshit.

    Look. If I am a misogynist for this one, pin the label on me. But let's skip the argument and get right to the conclusions.

    This is why I like you, Ludious.

    BeNarwhal on
    Free Henroid
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i guess my main problem with doctor who is that it is bad

    Every episode I watch I enjoy at least 75% of it then there is the 25% that leaves me going "Oh come on, you didn't have to do that! So lame!"

    Certain episodes are worse/greater than others but it just isn't worth the time to find out.

    (I still like David Tennant)

  • descdesc Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    WOMEN CAN'T BE DOCTORS, DECLARES LOCAL POSTER

    Shocked posters in the vicinity could only respond in breaking local news format for several posts.

    When reached for comment, one such poster said, "Shocked posters in the vicinity could only respond in breaking local news format for several posts."

    Back to you, Desc.

    Thank you, wazilla. In another twist to this developing story, Ludious has allegedly demanded a ceremony and a medal -- yes folks, a medal -- as a reward for his controversial views. We'll have more after this commercial break.

  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Women can't be THAT doctor.

    Why not?

    Because that doctor is a male. Pretty much this is going to go horribly and it's going to get into heternormative this and blah blah blah that hippy bullshit.

    Look. If I am a misogynist for this one, pin the label on me. But let's skip the argument and get right to the conclusions.

    Yo dawg, they set up that Time Lords can jump the gender barrier in The Doctor's Wife. I don't think its misogynist to say that, like, Dwight Schrute is a dude so next season he can't just be recast as a woman, but Time Lords are weirdo aliens who can change shape. They mayn't have our same set of gender binaries.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury *~ Have a Magical day ~* Purveyor of Pixelly PalsRegistered User regular
    Hell, time Lords? They reproduce by weaving there genetic code in a magic machine thing... i think.

    MVZBm5i.pngzd1yxOn.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i guess my main problem with doctor who is that it is bad

    you like Family Guy since 200x. Shut up Organichu

    you had to get surgery to not die by 40.

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
  • Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Registered User regular
    Why do Doctor Who fans never get along

    yGxvf.png
  • LudiousLudious It's hard out here for a conservative bronyRegistered User regular
    I guess I could explain myself this way. Because Dr. Who represents an image. For me that image is "eclectic eccentric British male"
    You gotta realize, I'm the guy who scoffed when they killed Steve Rogers when I'm not even that emotionally invested in the character, because Captain America IS Steve Rogers. Nobody else can be Captain America.

    Batman IS Bruce Wayne.

    Nobody else can be Batman.

    Spider-Man IS Peter Parker.

    Nobody else can be Spider-Man.

    Dr. Who IS "eclectic eccentric British guy"



    It's a lot less about the fact that there needs to be a dick in that I have pretty boring and unwavering opinions about my heroic archetypes.

  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Hell, time Lords? They reproduce by weaving there genetic code in a magic machine thing... i think.

    Don't bring none of that expanded universe shit in here, boy.

    NuWho has established pretty well that Time Lords, like all cool species, procreate through judicious use of making sex.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • descdesc Registered User regular
    Why do Doctor Who fans never get along

    Custody battle for them between like 8 dads

  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i guess my main problem with doctor who is that it is bad

    you like Family Guy since 200x. Shut up Organichu

    you had to get surgery to not die by 40.

    Hey now, that probably applies to a surprising number of us! :P

    Free Henroid
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Women can't be THAT doctor.

    Why not?

    Because that doctor is a male. Pretty much this is going to go horribly and it's going to get into heternormative this and blah blah blah that hippy bullshit.

    Look. If I am a misogynist for this one, pin the label on me. But let's skip the argument and get right to the conclusions.

    Yo dawg, they set up that Time Lords can jump the gender barrier in The Doctor's Wife. I don't think its misogynist to say that, like, Dwight Schrute is a dude so next season he can't just be recast as a woman, but Time Lords are weirdo aliens who can change shape. They mayn't have our same set of gender binaries.

    Time Lords should be reveled to be sea horse like entities made up of pure energy.

  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The hipsters I know just wear really long scarves and collect novelty candy.

    YOU DID NOT JUST IMPLY WHAT I THINK YOU IMPLIED! Because if you did imply what I think you implied, I will fly to Alaska to rip your balls off and shove them down your throat. RAAAGGGEEE!

    SuperKawaiiWillSig.jpg
  • LudiousLudious It's hard out here for a conservative bronyRegistered User regular
    Chu you won't get to see The Hobbit in 3D.

  • WinkyWinky Frog Rammer Registered User regular
    I feel like this girl should star in the live action adaption of squirrel girl

    Play Super Smush wit me: 1006-0814-0691
  • 21stCentury21stCentury *~ Have a Magical day ~* Purveyor of Pixelly PalsRegistered User regular
    Hell, time Lords? They reproduce by weaving there genetic code in a magic machine thing... i think.

    Don't bring none of that expanded universe shit in here, boy.

    NuWho has established pretty well that Time Lords, like all cool species, procreate through judicious use of making sex.

    What? When? When was the established?

    MVZBm5i.pngzd1yxOn.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Chu you won't get to see The Hobbit in 3D.

    i haven't even read the hobbit since i was a kid. i am not all that taken with tolkien.

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think a female Doctor would be fine, not HBC, but a female doctor would be fine.

    Man, HBC is perfect for that role. Why do you disagree with this obvious truth?

    SuperKawaiiWillSig.jpg
  • LudiousLudious It's hard out here for a conservative bronyRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Chu you won't get to see The Hobbit in 3D.

    i haven't even read the hobbit since i was a kid. i am not all that taken with tolkien.

    You won't get to see ANY movie in 3D

    EVER.

  • WinkyWinky Frog Rammer Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I guess I could explain myself this way. Because Dr. Who represents an image. For me that image is "eclectic eccentric British male"
    You gotta realize, I'm the guy who scoffed when they killed Steve Rogers when I'm not even that emotionally invested in the character, because Captain America IS Steve Rogers. Nobody else can be Captain America.

    Batman IS Bruce Wayne.

    Nobody else can be Batman.

    Spider-Man IS Peter Parker.

    Nobody else can be Spider-Man.


    Dr. Who IS "eclectic eccentric British guy"



    It's a lot less about the fact that there needs to be a dick in that I have pretty boring and unwavering opinions about my heroic archetypes.

    YOU ARE THE REASON DONALD GLOVER DIDN'T GET PICKED FOR SPIDERMAN.

    Play Super Smush wit me: 1006-0814-0691
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Chu you won't get to see The Hobbit in 3D.

    AH HAHAHAHA!

    easybossfight_zps4752c132.gif
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot WRIGGLY OMG WRIGGLYRegistered User regular
    man i am dumb

    i am like a diabetic shovelling down ice cream

    i need a live in nanny clearly

    0wSr10c.png?1
  • LudiousLudious It's hard out here for a conservative bronyRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I guess I could explain myself this way. Because Dr. Who represents an image. For me that image is "eclectic eccentric British male"
    You gotta realize, I'm the guy who scoffed when they killed Steve Rogers when I'm not even that emotionally invested in the character, because Captain America IS Steve Rogers. Nobody else can be Captain America.

    Batman IS Bruce Wayne.

    Nobody else can be Batman.

    Spider-Man IS Peter Parker.

    Nobody else can be Spider-Man.


    Dr. Who IS "eclectic eccentric British guy"



    It's a lot less about the fact that there needs to be a dick in that I have pretty boring and unwavering opinions about my heroic archetypes.

    YOU ARE THE REASON DONALD GLOVER DIDN'T GET PICKED FOR SPIDERMAN.

    As long as he's called Peter Parker and has Peter Parker's origin I don't give a fuck about skincolor son so you're WRONG.

This discussion has been closed.