Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[YEStling Thread] DJ Hogan in the house

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    I am so excited for Bryan/Punk.

I.. I feel so bad for Samoa Joe.

So many emotions.

He got to spend most of 2008 as TNA champ right?

Are you really comparing being TNA champ to being WWE or even World Heavyweight champ

Shit, I'd rather be ROH or Chikara champ than TNA champ

• FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Are you really comparing being TNA champ to being WWE or even World Heavyweight champ

Shit, I'd rather be Intercontinental champ than TNA champ

• THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Santabreaker PresentslayerRegistered User regular
    That was also four years ago.

FOUR

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
    TNA spoilers (if you don't read anything after the first part, I don't blame you)
    Spoiler:

I stopped watching the show and stopped buying the DVDs.

How can I take my dislike of TNA further?

Do you teach classes Sweeney?

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular

Dislike? Amateur.

Only if you harness true hatred (taught by Sweeney's Hate School 101 course: Fuck You TNA I'm Not Getting This Time Back, $3000 for the full course, money back if not frothing at the mouth with the merest thought of Dixie Carter) shall your journey be completed.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar I put my high heels on so I'm closer to god. The dance floorRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Nirya wrote: »
    Spoiler:

Guess I know what I'll be doing on the 25th.

That card looks really good. I can live without Elgin but Brian Cage getting a main event spot more than makes up for that.
    I can't wait for the DVD.
    Speaking of which I got the Word's Finest DVD yesterday, holy shit but Steen and Excalibur have some great commentary there. The event wasn't bad either, although a groomed Joey Ryan caught me very, very off guard.

So I take it you didn't see Showdown in the Sun? Because I think that kind of changed a lot of people's opinion of Elgin from "C.W. Anderson 2.0" to "fucking awesome".

I've heard about the match, but I don't think facing off with one of my least favourite wrestlers would really change my opinion on Elgin.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's bad by any stretch of the imagination. I've just found him very dull every time I've seen him. It's been a very long time though, so I guess the PWG show will be a perfect opportunity to see how much he's improved.

And wow, absolutely nothing about those TNA results seems like it would be worth sitting down to watch. I mean, I guess that's kind of an accomplishment of sorts?

Dyvim Tvar on
    steam_sig.png
    360 Gamertag = Wraith134
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Here are the final results of the PA draft, with added in Supplemental Drafts. If you missed the first show and aren't on a brand, but plan on predicting PPVs in the future and want to participate in our wacky shenanigans, PM me.

catsby.png Catsby
    General Manager: The Lovely Bastard
    Spoiler:

twisp.png Twisp
    General Manager: EvilBadman
    Spoiler:

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman MD; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    Shadowen wrote: »

Dislike? Amateur.

Only if you harness true hatred (taught by Sweeney's Hate School 101 course: Fuck You TNA I'm Not Getting This Time Back, $3000 for the full course, money back if not frothing at the mouth with the merest thought of Dixie Carter) shall your journey be completed.

Every class/lesson ends the same way

With me holding my face in my hands, shouting as loud as I can "THAT FUCKING COMPANY"

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'm proud of my lottery pick status even though I fail hard at predictions.

TLB must see the fire deep down inside me.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I love my team. I love you EBM. I love Twisp.

I will continue to be absolutely mediocre in your honour.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    In related news, my Championship is vacant. Cut some promos, mooks. You have two weeks.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman MD; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    Maximum wrote: »

He straight up said he was picking the people he would most enjoy messing with

He even picked a guy who I don't think has even logged in in a while

Maximum wrote: »

He straight up said he was picking the people he would most enjoy messing with

He even picked a guy who I don't think has even logged in in a while

Yes, I know this.

Allow me to have my moment.

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    TLB, I look forward to helping you mess with my teammates fellow targets mooks losers brandmates in any way I can which ends up with me in an advantageous position despite my mediocre picking abilities.

Did I mention you were looking particularly Bastardly today, sir?

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    Forza 5 Drivers List Add Your Name Here!
    Whatever TLB's methods, it looks like 7 of the top 10 Extreme Rules pickers are on the Catsby brand. Competition is gonna be fierce.

More news

Jericho isn't advertised for any shows from August to Oct 1, but is advertised for the late Oct overseas tour. Fozzy's tour starts Aug 15 and goes through Sept 30, and after that Jericho is expected to return full-time.
    As seen on RAW last night, WWE temporarily wrote Brock Lesnar out of the storylines by having his contract status "up in the air" following the attack on Triple H in the opener. WWE's announcers stressed that Lesnar's future is in doubt with the company. WWE only has Lesnar for several dates per month and will have to come up with creative ways to keep him in and out of the storylines.

We noted earlier that Brock Lesnar had a meltdown backstage after his loss to John Cena at Extreme Rules. Lesnar was upset about Cena's post-match promo because the original plan had Cena getting stretchered out. Lesnar felt that he was made to look weak and WWE officials double crossed him.

F4Wonline.com reports that WWE's new mentality with Lesnar is that they're paying a lot of money for a guy who is not their top guy, so he should be used when he can to put over their top talents. People in Lesnar's camp were feeling like WWE was just testing Lesnar by having Cena cut the post-match speech.

Brock was told before the Extreme Rules match that Cena would go out on a stretcher and look totally incapacitated and be injured. Lesnar went nuts backstage in front of everyone, tearing things up and throwing a tantrum. Lesnar specifically yelled at Marc Carano, the assistant to John Laurinaitis, about how things are a mess and everything is wrong in WWE. Some felt that part of the tantrum was just an act by Lesnar to show to the locker room that he could quit at any minute. Some of those same people felt that WWE officials could have been involved in Lesnar trying to work the other talents.

Lesnar also suggested that Cena intentionally pulled down the top rope at Extreme Rules, causing him to nearly blow out his knee in the bad spot towards the end of the match where they both tumbled over to the floor. Again, most believe that there is no real heat between Cena and Lesnar over this and this also could have been part of an act by Lesnar.

Despite what's an act and what's part of the TV storylines, sources insist that Lesnar's status and future with WWE is a sticky situation. While Lesnar vs. Triple H is in the works for SummerSlam, some in the company are already predicting that he will end up working the remaining big pay-per-view events of 2012, Royal Rumble 2013 and then WrestleMania 29 before being done with the company.

• HullisHullis You Guys Just Can't Do Anything Without This Genius!Registered User regular
    what is with all these fucking buttkissers

tlb is a chump who thinks he can mess with me

I got somethin' to tell you, jack

ain't nobody mess with me but me

xcimt23.png
  • LTMLTM Registered User regular
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    TLB, I look forward to helping you mess with my teammates fellow targets mooks losers brandmates in any way I can which ends up with me in an advantageous position despite my mediocre picking abilities.

Didn't you get the memo? You're supposed to come in making demands and breaking arms.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    TNA spoilers (if you don't read anything after the first part, I don't blame you)
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

What is best in life?
    Bloodsheed wrote: »

The first people TLB picks on are suck-ups. You're doomed.
    According to PWInsider.com, Sin Cara is being advertised to return to the ring on 5/23 in Brazil, during WWE's tour of Latin America. Cara has been out of action since he tore his ACL at the 2011 Survivor Series PPV.
    Christian is being advertised to appear at tonight's WWE Smackdown taping, which is being held in Toledo. Christian was advertised to appear on last week's show, however WWE made the call to hold off on his return until after Extreme Rules, so it appears likely that he will appear at the tapings tonight.

edited May 2012
    No fucking way should Lesnar lose to HHH though, or even Randy Orton. Sheamus and CM Punk sure but not guys who are already completely established. And if he ever has a rematch with Cena he should win that too.

wirehead26 on
    What is best in life?
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien Registered User regular
  • David_TDavid_T Registered User regular
    That whole Lesnar thing just screams work to me. He's backstage doing the exact thing he's been shown to do "on-stage" and leading right into the angle next night that they set up during the PPV?

steam_sig.png
    occasionallywearsahat.com, my rambly ramblings of ramble
    Do the three of them start making out at any point during that video, otherwise I'll not watch it.

Eve looks fucking AMAZING in that vid I must admit.

What is best in life?
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

RVD smokes weed and puts on five star matches Jeff Hardy smokes meth and puts on minus five star matches. You can book it any way you want but Hardy will never "beat" RVD.

s9QF1fK.png
  • MatevMatev Benjamin Warsaw, Action Six News! It's Benji.......like the dogRegistered User regular
    Woohoo, got the brand I wanted, and with rivals to lay waste to, this is the best day...

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Spoiler:
  • DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    Team Catsby is the team of teams.

We are the brand of sheer insanity.

578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
    DoomSong8 wrote: »
    Team Catsby is the team of teams.

We are the brand of sheer insanity.
    DoomSong, prepare yourself. I am coming for your belt.

Speaking of the Bella Twins, why are they leaving again? Since around Wrestlemania I've found myself enjoying their promos and matches way more than I want to admit. This isn't to make room for Kelly Kelly again, is it?

EvilBadman wrote: »
    In related news, my Championship is vacant. Cut some promos, mooks. You have two weeks.

@evilbadman

After having laid waste to the field earning a near perfect score at the Extreme Rules PPV. And as one of the only champions on the Twisp Brand. I have earned the RIGHT to become the brands champion.

I have clawed and scratched my way to the top of the standings, and not TLB or the rest of his Little Giants rag tag team are going to stand in the way of our superior brand.

• DeviousRakunDeviousRakun Registered User regular
    Please don't let Christian be the next person fed into the expected long title reign of Sheamus. I'd rather he didn't wrestle any title matches then enter a one more match routine with Sheamus, like he did with Orton.

steam_sig.png
    Holy shit, I had no idea Chuck Taylor had a web show.
    Spoiler:

s9QF1fK.png
  • christian and sheamus could probably put on some excellent matches, and I'd love to see him in the main event scene again

my main concern with sheamus is that they're not giving him anything to work with on promos, so all he ends up doing is "hey fella im gonna kick ur arse fella (i am irish)"

Pb6cUzZ.pngTeRnRlj.pnglBMZaaL.pnglm0oV4l.pngsw4UHsU.png
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    @Evilbadman

You are looking at the FIRST TAG CHAMP There were no tag champs before me, and all the ones that come after me will be a mere footnote in history you only get one BEST TAG CHAMP and everyone else will just be TAG CHUMPS!

As for @thepain73? Lets just say that a man that has many championships is less likely to need championships than a man that has no championships. He is going to be busy defending, and double booking the poor guy would simply be cruel. Team Evilbadman is not the team of cruelty.

I did poorly last year but my star is clearly on the rise. I finished in the top 5 for the first PPV of the year and promise to go up from here. I was picked lucky number 7 in the draft, clearly a sign that I am destined for greatness this season. I am the face of Twisp brand, and wear my cat avatar proudly. Who else can say that they love monocled cats as much as me? NOBODY!!!

edited May 2012
    Pretty sure Del Rio has dibs on the number one contender slot right now. They could always throw in Christian and another guy to make it a multi-man match. Maybe Orton.

wirehead26 on
    What is best in life?
    Bedlam wrote: »
    @Evilbadman

As for @thepain73? Lets just say that a man that has many championships is less likely to need championships than a man that has no championships. He is going to be busy defending, and double booking the poor guy would simply be cruel. Team Evilbadman is not the team of cruelty.

I'm like Dolph Ziggler in the fact that I like showing off when given the chance.

Except I'm not like Dolph Ziggler, because my title reign will be more than 10 minutes.

@Evilbadman

I'm like Dolph Ziggler in the fact that I like showing off when given the chance.

Except I'm not like Dolph Ziggler, because my title reign will be more than 10 minutes.

So,

10 minutes and a second?

@Evilbadman

So,

10 minutes and a second?

10 minutes and 48 seconds.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    yay

I am on the red team

and my name is appropriately mispelled

This discussion has been closed.