As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Monday, April 30, 2012 - CheckPoint Season 1, Ep. 52: Are Fezzes Cool?

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited April 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub
CheckPoint Season 1, Ep. 52: Are Fezzes Cool?
http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/are-fezzes-cool
Indie-darling Fez is finally out and everyone knows they love it, but they're not sure why.

Geth on

• Options
    Zachary AmaranthZachary Amaranth Registered User regular
    I want Chia Pet Armour.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, GUYS!

• Options
    BaronSamediBaronSamedi Same dude as yesterday. The AlamoRegistered User regular
    "We're Canadian, we don't have amendments" made me laugh harder than it should have. Especially since there was a man wearing a fez to the speaker's right.

"Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit, and your shit is stuff?"--George Carlin
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I love Fez because it's a work of Art that asks the player to think for a change, rather than endless iterations of 'shooting-mans 9000 idiocracy simulator'.
    But then it wouldn't be art if you weren't able to take your own interpretation away from it, would it?

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Also I'm not sure any-more as to whether 'BYOB' means 'Bring your own beer' or 'Bring your own bucket'... :P

• Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    Whoever came up with "Boom Duties/Doom Booties": hats (fezzes) off to you.

P.S. We wear Stetsons now.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    Interesting anomaly about Fez:
    Who knew pangrams would ever feature in a puzzle game?

• Options
    GotrGotr Ms. St Louis, MORegistered User regular
    Is there a place this lowly mortal could buy their friggin' incredible theme song?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/spoiler]
  • Options
    Gotr wrote: »
    Is there a place this lowly mortal could buy their friggin' incredible theme song?
    I don't know for certain, but they have used tracks from this band before:
    http://www.younnat.com/en/music/

• Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular

Do you mean Checkpoints', or Fez's? Because all available LoadingReadyRun music can be purchased at the LoadingReadyRun Store Downloads Section! Looks like they've got some sort of Checkpoint Dance Remix for sale. Because otherwise, presumably, the Checkpoint theme would only be about 15 seconds long.

(They also have other cool stuff in their store! Physical goods even!)

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    GrahamSGrahamS Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    I don't know for certain, but they have used tracks from this band before:
    http://www.younnat.com/en/music/
    Only for The Daily Drop, but well remembered! All our music these days is either C64 chiptunes, or lovingly-handcrafted by our resident composer Bradley Rains.
    Propriety wrote: »

Do you mean Checkpoints', or Fez's? Because all available LoadingReadyRun music can be purchased at the LoadingReadyRun Store Downloads Section! Looks like they've got some sort of Checkpoint Dance Remix for sale. Because otherwise, presumably, the Checkpoint theme would only be about 15 seconds long.

Thanks for this!

Yes, all of our original music can be purchased at the link above. Totally DRM-free so please be cool about it. Thanks!

• Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    GrahamS wrote: »
    Propriety wrote: »

Thanks for this!

Yes, all of our original music can be purchased at the link above. Totally DRM-free so please be cool about it. Thanks!

No problem, Graham! ;D You know I always be reppin' LRR to the... uh... peepz?

...I have no idea what I just said, but it felt right.

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    ShanksShanks "THAT FELLOW" Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or do the intro and outro voiceovers sound deeper this week?

When the episode began, I thought Graham had a cold. Then I thought Kathleen was doing an impression of Graham with a cold.

All the on-camera stuff in between sounded normal though.

Royal Families card game rules Origin/XBL: SpaceRangerJ Steam
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Does Canada do taxes the same time as America?

• Options
    GrahamSGrahamS Registered User regular
    Shanks wrote: »
    Is it just me, or do the intro and outro voiceovers sound deeper this week?

When the episode began, I thought Graham had a cold. Then I thought Kathleen was doing an impression of Graham with a cold.

All the on-camera stuff in between sounded normal though.
    It was recorded separately because we lost the files originally. I didn't have a cold, but I was a bit groggy, as we were on the road at a con last weekend. Well spotted though!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Graham, you seem to have gotten taller over the last few episodes. Is it because you are sitting on a gigantic heap of filthy sellout profit?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    You can get a preview of the dance remix here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orc0OiNsS2w

Edit: Best. Preview image. Ever.

agilemania on