As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ROCK BAND: This thread is dead! Go use the new one! :D

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I've got my PAX registration in. Definitely hoping for some more Rock Band presence at the show this year.

• FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm getting on Rock Band. Anyone that wants to join up.. send me a message. On the Xbox Lives.

Stream will be up shortly:

http://www.livestream.com/tbktv

I'll join in. Friend request sent!

That last set certainly reminded me that I haven't played in 6 months. No endurance!

Good times

• sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    "Drops of Jupiter" = DO NOT WANT FOREVER AND EVER

Hey gang,

On May 1st, Harmonix releases single tracks from three different artists, spanning over 30-years of chart-topping music!

First up is Eddie Money’s well-known hit “Two Tickets to Paradise,” from the singer/songwriter’s self-titled 1977 debut record. Train’s Grammy-winning single “Drops of Jupiter,” from the band’s 2001 album of the same name, will also be available. Rounding out this broad musical selection is pop-punk band Yellowcard’s infectious “Only One,” the third single off of 2003’s Ocean Avenue!

Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades will be available for “Two Tickets to Paradise” and “Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me).”

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 1st, 2012):

* Eddie Money – “Two Tickets to Paradise” O X
    * Train – “Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)” O X
    * Yellowcard – “Only One” O

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. For more information on the temporary interruption in new DLC releases on SCEE please click here.**

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

sir_pinch-a-loaf on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Well, that is certainly DLC. Is Yellowcard still together?

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I just have to say: Holy shit. weekly DLC, forever and ever. sometimes I just stop and see these releases and realize that its been like this for YEARS.

Way to go, Harmonix.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Hey, I might actually get a couple of those songs. It's been a while since I downloaded anything.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I think they still are. I don't know, I would've loved a Yellowcard pack...back in 2004?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I just have to say: Holy shit. weekly DLC, forever and ever. sometimes I just stop and see these releases and realize that its been like this for YEARS.

Way to go, Harmonix.

4 and a half years of weekly DLC so far.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kinda funny, but the P!nk DLC was available under the RB Blitz label, but the game still isn't out yet.

EDIT:
    Also, FINALLY I can post this! :)

index-1.gif

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »

Way to go, Harmonix.

4 and a half years of weekly DLC so far.

And it's still not ever good enough.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Some more Blitz info:
    I was wondering will there be a 3000 song limit in Blitz? Also if there is would it benefit to keep 2x Bass Pedal songs in your library? Or will this have any affect on the game.
    hmxhenry wrote:
    It's a safe bet that the library cap will still exist in RB Blitz but I'll double check to confirm.

Actually the more I think of it, the less sure I am. It's well outside of my area of expertise. I'll follow up with coders / producers.
    The double bass thing was asked about at the PAX panel. He said that the algorithm limits the number of notes in a set span of time so you definitely wouldn't be playing anything as fast as the double bass part, but he thought there was a possibility that the drum charts might still come out slightly different from the 1x pedal versions.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited April 2012
    FyreWulff on
    You should try Yellow on Exp Pro Bass @Fyrewulff. Even though I still suck after year on Pro Guitar I actually find Pro Bass relaxing. Most of the time.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    So, after putting it off for far too long, I finally got around to getting RB3 and making the jump over to it from RB2. The "band" kind of fell apart and it never seemed a worthwhile investment to just play the game alone. I have to say, I'm really happy with it so far. The party shuffle is invaluable, now that I'm at ~350 songs, as having people look through it and pick what they know/like was laborious and caused repetition. It's pretty quick to skip something that people hate, and the load times are surprisingly short compared to the old days. I'm sure it will get even better once I take the time to rate everything. Also really loving the drop in & out and mid song difficulty changes; they make an incredibly difference in group or party scenarios. Lastly, I really underestimated how much allowing multiple vocalists on older songs would matter. The people I play with don't really care about pulling off the harmonies, but everyone wants to sing together and no one wants to sing alone. Multiple singers helps to hide those who can't sing.

A few of questions for those who've been playing it this whole time:
    Where can I get an xbox 360 keyboard these days? It seems everyone everywhere is sold out of them.
    As I understand it, to use the keyboard with Bass/Guitar/Drums/Vocals you have to turn on All Instrument Mode, which will disable vocal scoring, correct? Are vocalists still able to see their performance as they play? Can they fail out? Will it tell them how well they did at the end?
    Lastly, could someone clarify the account/character situation for me? Can other accounts or not signed in players load up characters created on a different account? What exactly is the trick to switching characters and accounts around on instruments? Sometimes it seems to just present the option to switch over and other times I can't find it.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Check lesser known locations for Keys.
    Around here, late last year, I saw the keys bundle at target for either $30 or $50.
    Turning on AIM (All Instrument Mode) regardless of what's actually plugged in disabled score uploading and enables vocals. I think it still tracks as normal though. You can also have Keys+guitar+bass+drums normally without turning on AIM.

All characters made on an account are tied to that account and cannot be used by anyone else, other than guests and the creator. If you're playing guitar and want to swap to keys, they'll be an option to "swap to this instrument" when keys are turned on and no one's logged into that controller.
    Press the start button and it'll be one of the first options (Swap Player to this instrument, Sign in, Drop out).

newSig.jpg
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Are you sure about the drums+keys+bass+guitar in non-AIM?

I thought the deal was you could have drums+keys+bass OR guitar, but not both bass AND guitar at the same time.

Are you sure about the drums+keys+bass+guitar in non-AIM?

I thought the deal was you could have drums+keys+bass OR guitar, but not both bass AND guitar at the same time.

That is correct. Without going into AIM, the keys will take up a slot for either bass or guitar.

Someone using the Rocksmith cable in Beatles Rock Band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB5CZlXO_GA

It's nothing new really. My little sister would do vocals with on her flute. We learned how to do so from this a long time ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xIZfsiaUk8

I guess I'll do that one next

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJskyDLZvAY

edited April 2012
    -edit doublepost-

FyreWulff on
  • polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    I've got my PAX registration in. Definitely hoping for some more Rock Band presence at the show this year.

They had full stage setups at East in the connecting halls around the BCEC for both RB and Dance Central - not sure if Harmonix was responsible for those or not (which would make sense considering they are local), but there was definitely a presence there that I did not see at Prime '11 (which, to be fair, was my first PAX).

steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    If any of you are in the XBox Live Rewards program, if you spend at least 240 points on "music content", which includes any Rock Band DLC, you will get 80 points back.

So, you know, a little extra incentive to pick up that track pack you've been putting off.

In case anyone cares about the iOS version...

pic-e1335904815313.png

Apparently EU PS3 owners will get a title update before their DLC resumes. Wonder if that version will now switch to Madcatz for the bootup logo.

Just picked up the new DLC.

I don't even like Two Tickets to Paradise but since I can imagine playing at a party where someone might want to play it I picked it up.

...I think I need help :lol:

edited May 2012
    Apparently EU PS3 owners will get a title update before their DLC resumes. Wonder if that version will now switch to Madcatz for the bootup logo.

A bigger question would be if it enables all those songs again.

EDIT:
    It does not.
    The patch is only for Euros and only enables them to download new tracks again.
    hmxhenry wrote:
    This is correct. We usually do detailed patch notes whenever an update is released but this was so specialized that we didn't go outside of the main announcement thread addressing the issue.

For more info you can check out the stickied announcement thread dedicated to the temporary SCEE DLC delay. I hope that info helps!

And the relevant update:
    hmxhenry wrote:
    Hey gang! We just got final confirmation from our Audio Team that we have a reliable schedule for both a fix and the roll out of the DLC backlog from the last 6 weeks.

SCEE / international PS3 users can expect to see a title update on 5/2 (i.e. tomorrow!) which will be necessary for you to download to resume DLC service. Once you allow the title update we'll be able to roll out the last few weeks of DLC you've missed. Here is the current schedule:

5/2 - Title Update and Week 229 (Evanescence)

5/9 - Week 230 (Slayer), Week 231 (P!nk), Week 232 (Cinderella), Week 233 (Eddie Money, Train, Yellowcard), and the regularly scheduled Week 234 that we're announcing this Friday

We'll post updates if we hear anything about those dates changing, but otherwise we should be entirely caught up by 5/9, well ahead of schedule.

Thanks to everyone for your continued patience while we resolved this issue. Everyone has been remarkably understanding and we really appreciate it. Thanks again!

And remember folks: HMX hates the PS3!

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited May 2012
    Arikado wrote: »
    In case anyone cares about the iOS version...

Oh, and needless to say, but this is just a small preview of what the Forums would look like if DLC ever came to a halt.

EDIT:
    Also, apparently it's just an error. You can supply the inverteds.

henry's guess was that it might have something to do with EA and HMX no longer being associated. But he has yet to offer any concrete information.

Santa Claustrophobia on

A bigger question would be if it enables all those songs again.

EDIT:
    It does not.
    The patch is only for Euros and only enables them to download new tracks again.
    hmxhenry wrote:
    This is correct. We usually do detailed patch notes whenever an update is released but this was so specialized that we didn't go outside of the main announcement thread addressing the issue.

For more info you can check out the stickied announcement thread dedicated to the temporary SCEE DLC delay. I hope that info helps!

And the relevant update:
    hmxhenry wrote:
    Hey gang! We just got final confirmation from our Audio Team that we have a reliable schedule for both a fix and the roll out of the DLC backlog from the last 6 weeks.

SCEE / international PS3 users can expect to see a title update on 5/2 (i.e. tomorrow!) which will be necessary for you to download to resume DLC service. Once you allow the title update we'll be able to roll out the last few weeks of DLC you've missed. Here is the current schedule:

5/2 - Title Update and Week 229 (Evanescence)

5/9 - Week 230 (Slayer), Week 231 (P!nk), Week 232 (Cinderella), Week 233 (Eddie Money, Train, Yellowcard), and the regularly scheduled Week 234 that we're announcing this Friday

We'll post updates if we hear anything about those dates changing, but otherwise we should be entirely caught up by 5/9, well ahead of schedule.

Thanks to everyone for your continued patience while we resolved this issue. Everyone has been remarkably understanding and we really appreciate it. Thanks again!

And remember folks: HMX hates the PS3!

I don't know about hating the PS3 but PSN really seems to hate Rock Band 3 or vice versa :P

edited May 2012
    It's just an error, but it's kind of an error that proves that EA has the capability to pull the rug out at a moment's notice. I'm not sure how angry that makes me, because I'm not particularly surprised. It's going to come up more often as more software goes digital with the publisher retaining connectivity to the product.

Dehumanized on
  • sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    Hey gang,

In the 1990s, Rage Against the Machine took mainstream music by storm, with a heavy punk/metal/funk sound backed by vocalist Zack de la Rocha’s fiery political rhymes. The group has sold more than 16 million records worldwide and has garnered numerous music industry nominations and awards during their career.

“Rage Against the Machine Pack 01,” coming to the Rock Band Music Store on May 8, features three of the group’s most popular tracks. “Bombtrack” and “Killing in the Name,” from the band’s 1992 triple platinum self-titled debut record, kick things off. The three-pack of songs is rounded out by the aggressive “Sleep Now in the Fire,” from 1999’s The Battle of Los Angeles.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 8th, 2012):

* Rage Against the Machine – “Bombtrack” X

* Rage Against the Machine – “Killing in the Name”

* Rage Against the Machine – “Sleep Now in the Fire”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system May 9th)

Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for “Rage Against the Machine Pack 01”

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD, £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. For more information on the temporary interruption in new DLC releases on SCEE please click here.**

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    I'm under control, I won't do what you tell me

Looks like it's all talkies like the other tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sgcwdc4Rto&feature=g-u-u

• BinaryBinary Registered User regular
    It had just occurred to me that there hadn't been any DLC I cared about for months, so yay for a pack I actually want to buy. Fond memories of playing Killing In The Name in Guitar Hero... 2 was it?

binary101010.jpg
    Didn't GH3 had a Rage song too?

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Didn't GH3 had a Rage song too?

Bulls on Parade, which was also released as Rock Band DLC, although at a later date.