As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i can't even fathom how much TvP naniwa has been playing these past few weeks

he mentioned 60 games a day on twitter? imagine doing that every day for two weeks

obs out already, nani so smart

• BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

he mentioned 60 games a day on twitter? imagine doing that every day for two weeks

he went out super early in the dreamhack stockholm open because he hasn't practiced any matchup apart from pvt since he got into the ro8

when bomber and hack are all 'maybe you should play a bit less, we're worn out' that's some intense practice

Biosys on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I haven't been this tense in a while

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    if naniwa sacrificed the third immediately, he'd have been totally okay.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Biosys wrote: »

he went out super early in the dreamhack stockholm open because he hasn't practiced any matchup apart from pvt since he got into the ro8

when bomber and hack are all 'maybe you should play a bit less, we're worn out' that's some intense practice

when did they say that?

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    MVP's wrist :(

fuck

i hate this build

Dhalphir wrote: »
    Biosys wrote: »

when did they say that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH-FXJTZGxM&feature=player_embedded

video by khaldor about a visit to the st house, talking about nani's preparation

Its impossible to have more than two marines at that timing, so Naniwa knew that immediately.

i stayed up until 5 in the morning for this?

• SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    MVP's face after that game was CLASSIC

EDIT: Did that just become Diablo 3?

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
    what happened to the zealot that naniwa was making?

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    fucking terran.

How can people look at that and think this game is fair.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
    and that is why mvp is mvp

just making a phenomenal build order choice man. and nani didn't read it completely enough, not that I blame him.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Poor Nani.
    I can be happy that Mvp is returning to form though.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    mvp is so strong in a bo5+, he's the best in the world when it comes to choosing openings over a series

jaziek wrote: »
    fucking terran.

An unscouted all-in wins? what a shock.

edited May 2012
    fucking terran.

dude, take a deep breath and consider what just happened.

one guy spent every mineral on attacking units and pulled all his workers

the other made a nexus that didn't effect the fight, 2 gases that didn't effect the fight, a gateway and a sentry that didn't effect the fight, and 3 cannons only 2 of which were involved in the fight.

that was completely fair. be frustrated, that's fine, but that shit was as fair as fair gets.

Variable on
    lol what the fuck was that diablo 3 thing

• TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    Pentagram infestors <3

Why don't terrans just do that build every single game ever? It is SO strong, even with seeing it coming, and impeccable micro it still comes down to them 1a-ing into your base and still winning 90% of the time.

I don't think I've ever seen a marine scv all in fail.

• TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    I think it was worth staying up just to see that latest learn korean, really

Why don't terrans just do that build every single game ever? It is SO strong, even with seeing it coming, and impeccable micro it still comes down to them 1a-ing into your base and still winning 90% of the time.

I have. I've defeated them myself. Sure, down here at my gold/plat level of play, but that's the point here. Anecdoates aren't perfect, and just because the build feels so strong doesn't mean it is 100% unstoppable.

Because, well, it isn't.

edited May 2012

do you actually play/watch this game

i am really starting to doubt it

Biosys on
    It is a hell of a lot easier to stop as Zerg than as Protoss, so that's not really relevant.

But I agree with you otherwise.

edited May 2012
    This is what I would do if I saw that all-in coming: get stalkers/zealots, get my probes ready. Pull probes and target the marines with my stalkers and pray. Maybe do some sick stop micro

EDIT: also, FFE v terran is like the exact opposite build of marine scv all in, holding that is just crazy

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    lol what the fuck was that diablo 3 thing
    was wondering the same thing. So I absolutely hate the little info cards for the music. They appear to be written by a high school kid in the 90s. Not that there isn't a place for this "timeless" music, but if you are going to write about it, at least use correct terminology to speak about music.

It is a hell of a lot easier to stop as Zerg than as Protoss, so that's not really relevant.

But I agree with you otherwise.

Well, that and it's at a level of play that isn't really that great as well.

Like I said, that was my point. Anecdotes are not perfect here, and for every scv allin that works there is another that gets crushed.

edited May 2012
    fucking terran.

Its not like naniwa didn't do everything it was possible for him to do in terms of scouting. Calling it unscouted implies that naniwa just didn't bother to scout.

And lets say naniwa went for a 1gate expo instead. That build still kills him, because he has, at best, 1 zealot and 1 stalker when it hits. He's even more dead.

jaziek on
    edited May 2012
    jaziek wrote:
    dhalphir wrote:

Its not like naniwa didn't do everything it was possible for him to do in terms of scouting. Calling it unscouted implies that naniwa just didn't bother to scout.

And lets say naniwa went for a 1gate expo instead. That build still kills him, because he has, at best, 1 zealot and 1 stalker when it hits. He's even more dead.
    he didn't scout the entirety of MVP's nat did he

he also should have OVER reacted when he saw too many marines. make that extra cannon a little earlier.

you made such ridiculous statements. he did did everything he could to scout and he couldn't possibly hold it...

when neither are true at all.

Variable on
    Saaruto wrote: »
    This is what I would do if I saw that all-in coming: get stalkers/zealots, get my probes ready. Pull probes and target the marines with my stalkers and pray. Maybe do some sick stop micro

EDIT: also, FFE v terran is like the exact opposite build of marine scv all in, holding that is just crazy

FFE should be an easier counter to that build than a 1gate FE would be.

• mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    What is with this fad of going FFE in PvT anyway, it doesn't look like a good build to me.

mEEksa wrote: »
    What is with this fad of going FFE in PvT anyway, it doesn't look like a good build to me.

It isn't, in every way I can think of.

But they all seem to be doing it in tournament games, which means it must be working in practise games reliably.

Variable wrote: »
    jaziek wrote:
    dhalphir wrote:

he didn't scout the entirety of MVP's nat did he

he also should have OVER reacted when he saw too many marines. make that extra cannon a little earlier.

you made such ridiculous statements. he did did everything he could to scout and he couldn't possibly hold it...

when neither are true at all.

Like I said, its physically impossible for a Terran to have more than two marines off of 1 barracks at the timing that Naniwa's probe died to three marines. That alone tells you there is more than one barracks, and nobody goes for more than one barracks into an expand. And even if they do, it delays their expansion by so much compared to your FFE that two cannons is easily justifiable to make immediately. If I know that timing, Naniwa certainly should.

naniwa has to be so fucking nervous right now, man

I think Naniwa maybe should have been a bit more wary of something like that from MVP. MVP is fully capable of changing it up from macro to all-in (as we plainly saw).

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
    naniwa has to be so fucking nervous right now, man

seriously

shit be intense

fuuuuuuck so nervous right now come on naniiiwaaaa

reactor hellions? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This discussion has been closed.