As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    I got another interview tomorrow!

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    I just set up a really quick portfolio while I'm looking for internships. Kinda shoddy using a tumblr theme, but it'll do for now.

Any feedback?

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular

Don't go sending it to anyone just yet.
    We're sorry

Our servers are over capacity and certain pages may be temporarily unavailable. We're working quickly to resolve the issue.

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Mustang wrote: »
    Don't go sending it to anyone just yet.
    We're sorry

Our servers are over capacity and certain pages may be temporarily unavailable. We're working quickly to resolve the issue.

Yeah, it's not letting me edit the HTML either.

I'll go do some grocery shopping and hope it's up when I get back.

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    Now that I'm not at work I can make a longer post-

@Squid: I do hope that it's not just here where you've decided to bury the lead of, "hey I'm pregnant" inside a conversation on a completely different topic, because there are some no doubt priceless reactions to be had from friends/family members there. I'm talking straight-up slapstick style spit takes.

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Squids is married

with children???

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I haven't seen squid indicate that she intended to be pregnant.

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Wait, did Squid marry Spex? Weren't they dating last week?

Hahaha oh boy

• TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    er
    condolences and congrats, Squiddo
    that is certainly a conflicted set of circumstances

Is steak and green beans and a gin and tonic bad for a sick person?
    I probably should've had pho instead

Tam on
  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Fuck I've had a rough night.

A girl finds me interesting, funny, talented, attractive and loves spending time with me. I find her equally attractive, intelligent, talented, love spending time with her... who won't fucking date me... "isn't looking for a relationship" then turns around to a mutual friend and complains that she isn't in a relationship and doesn't have a significant other. This friend tells another mutual friend and they see us spending time together as friends as a sign that she is interested in me as a significant other (when she and I both have had that conversation and have an "understanding" on the matter) and they each try to set the two of us up. (though we do flirt quite a bit)

This was the situation last week. Turns out I'm not very good at this "just friends thing". I haven't really had time with this new job (nor has she had time) for us to hang out and spend any time together. She invited me out to see her play in this band, and I fell in love with her when she was playing...

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...

ninjai on
    that's rough buddy

Tam wrote: »
    that's rough buddy

Smooth relationship advice there, Zuko.

edited May 2012
    Tam on
    edited May 2012
    Oh hey I totally missed that Squids was pregnant, Congratulations Squido, I hope everything goes swimmingly.
    Sorry to hear about the dog, if it makes you feel any better I had to make the call on putting my kitty to sleep a few weeks back (he was really sick) and I felt like Adolf Eichmann for a few days afterwards, even though I knew it was for the best.

Mustang on
    edited May 2012
    Oh geez, I missed that too, congrats! I think it was for the best if the dog was unhappy.

My portfolio is up and running now, I think.

Flay on
    Flay wrote: »
    Oh geez, I missed that too, congrats! I think it was for the best if the dog was unhappy.

My portfolio is up and running now, I think.

The first image is so wide that it got clipped off by my browser window, and so I didn't realize it was a horizontal scrolling page with more images on it at first. Letting functional clarity get hampered by your art = a knock on your design cred.

Agreed it's way too large right now, I'm mucking around with it trying to get it to fit in more appropriately.

• ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    Tam wrote: »

Noo... NOO.... That's not true... THAT'S rough buddy.

LOLLOLOLOLLLOLOLOOLLOL made my day

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Thats when... they knew...

THE SWORD OF WANG SHUN WAS HAUNTEEEEEED OOOOOOEEEEEEEEEARRRGGGGG

Thats rough buddy.

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    ninjai wrote: »
    Fuck I've had a rough night.

I was friendzoned [/i]

If you already had "the talk" with her, about how you feel and such, then its a lost cause, move on, find other girls, maybe after the next heartbreak or two you guys might look at eachother diferent.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    And I make a second post because its another topic.

What are those blue bars under our avatars? Mine is like fully loaded, can I shoot some special powers or something ?

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    @Squid: I do hope that it's not just here where you've decided to bury the lead of, "hey I'm pregnant" inside a conversation on a completely different topic, because there are some no doubt priceless reactions to be had from friends/family members there. I'm talking straight-up slapstick style spit takes.
    I always share personal information like this, secreted away in walls of unrelated material, allowing for further straight-up slapstick style spit takes, on my part, when I realize how little people know about me and what misconceptions I've allowed to grow, unpruned, into twisted and terrible topiaries of hilarious misinformation:
    Grifter wrote: »
    Wait, did Squid marry Spex? Weren't they dating last week?
    Yeah, no.
    Mustang wrote: »
    Oh hey I totally missed that Squids was pregnant, Congratulations Squido, I hope everything goes swimmingly.
    Sorry to hear about the dog, if it makes you feel any better I had to make the call on putting my kitty to sleep a few weeks back (he was really sick) and I felt like Adolf Eichmann for a few days afterwards, even though I knew it was for the best.
    Sorry about the kitty. That is the worst. :(

Anyways, thanks guys.

header_image_sm.jpg
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    What are those blue bars under our avatars? Mine is like fully loaded, can I shoot some special powers or something ?

online/offline status (if you've allowed that to be public, which I think most people have).

squidbunny wrote: »
    ...and what misconceptions I've allowed to grow, unpruned, into twisted and terrible topiaries of hilarious misinformation.

best quote

I am imagining these topiaries

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Squids, that's awesome!

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I feel your pain ninjia.

and congrats Squid!

(I knew you weren't with Spex [/not a creepy stalker, really])

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    omg I hate money

I never have enough of it

• .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    You should get rid of the things you hate, or life will be stressful!

Give all your money to me.

FORUM MUGGING

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
    Man, why even bother writing a full article when the URL gives away the goods for free.

Man I just don't understand that. I understand how you can get frustrated at capitalism's negative sides, but the concept to toss away money entirely is pretty impossible on any degree of scale.

Eventually his cactus seeds and wildflowers that he eats for a living would become a currency of sorts if enough people adopted his lifestyle.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Man I just don't understand that. I understand how you can get frustrated at capitalism's negative sides, but the concept to toss away money entirely is pretty impossible on any degree of scale.

Eventually his cactus seeds and wildflowers that he eats for a living would become a currency of sorts if enough people adopted his lifestyle.

Yeah but that would be a barter system wouldn't it? I mean the trade of goods or services for goods or services isn't the trade of arbitrary counters for goods or services.

are YOU on the beer list?
    Enc wrote: »

Yeah but that would be a barter system wouldn't it? I mean the trade of goods or services for goods or services isn't the trade of arbitrary counters for goods or services.

A barter system is just a smaller scale monetary system. When it gains significant enough complexity, you have to take away [2 apples] = [a bushel of peanuts] due to the inability to physically hold all goods being transacted, so you have a token as a placeholder for those goods.

This is especially true when you consider all of the service based professions out there. The guy that fixes the non-money commune's boots for a living isn't making them new ones, but wants to be compensated for his efforts. Perhaps all I have to give him to fix my boots is wildflowers, which he hates for some reason. I would then have to trade twice to get an item to trade for my boots to be fixed (wildflowers->something worthwhile to the other guy-> get boots fixed), with no guarantee that I will have the same amount of value over those two transactions as I would to begin with. A placeholder (money) which everyone agrees is worth a set amount helps facilitate these sorts of transactions.

Money happens because it is useful. Arguably, the same thing is true about futures trading, investing and all other corporate nonsense that eventually cause a top-end problem in a capitalist system.

How many wildflowers can I get for a bucket of rocks?

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The hippies have been pushing the values and manipulating the market by a whole 17%. Meanwhile rock lobbers have been devaluing their stock to insane amounts so they will be the go-to people for high quality minerals at cheap ass prices and cheap ass labor, maintaining a steady growth in their empire with a favorable export rate and a very low import rate... so you wont get a peddle.

m3nace on
    Hey, guys! Que pasa?

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    hellooo

I have a cold. I feel terrible!!!

This discussion has been closed.