As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    The Korean LoL league match today:
    Tied at 2-2. Now going into blind pick madness.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    I liked this statement at the beginning of a ranked game:

Nega Dazz: sup guys
    Nega Dazz: just so everyone is aware
    Nega Dazz: if none of us ragequit
    Nega Dazz: or feed
    Nega Dazz: we _will_ win
    Nega Dazz: because somebody on the other team is guaranteed to

and we did! we thought we were gonna lost for awhile but POSITIVE THINKING shone through and won for us

also our vayne started picking up quadras.

huntresssig.jpg
  • ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    eeSanG wrote: »
    The Korean LoL league match today:
    Tied at 2-2. Now going into blind pick madness.

Wow, I've never seen spectator mode that super laggy before.

• MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Arikado wrote: »
    One of these days a PA group's game will be on the featured games list. So many judging eyes...

I pray that its an all random game and we're only allowed to build zeals. Or one with Carry Taric.

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    So I'll actually be around tomorrow for disappointing fellow forum goers. Will Painhouse be going on?

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I miss old Radiance, but new Radiance is actually in some ways easier to use. It basically reads "Push me if there's a teamfight or objective to break," and leaves me mana to continue my Taric-ing. Plus, it puts you up there with Lulu and Kayle for burst (unless they build AP) without their inconvenient ability listings.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    A-Puck wrote: »
    So I'll actually be around tomorrow for disappointing fellow forum goers. Will Painhouse be going on?

Today is Wednesday.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    He did say tomorrow. I believe that it'll be going on tomorrow.

League of Legends:Varega
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    locodoco too strong.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    I probably won't be around for the full time, but I will be around to organize the Painhouse teams and the brackets. I hope for a great turnout!

Painhouse related: How do people feel about switching to a point system with bonuses for gimmick comps (all yordles) and carrying bad champs (Evelynne bonus) or bravery?

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    What's Painhouse?

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    I probably won't be around for the full time, but I will be around to organize the Painhouse teams and the brackets. I hope for a great turnout!

Painhouse related: How do people feel about switching to a point system with bonuses for gimmick comps (all yordles) and carrying bad champs (Evelynne bonus) or bravery?

100% in favor, but also doubtful that everyone else would enjoy that.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    What's Painhouse?
    Penny Arcade Inhouse

Private game for the fun of it?

• A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

100% in favor, but also doubtful that everyone else would enjoy that.

Sounds like fun to me, as well. Teams could also get bonus points for carrying my sorry ass...

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
    Private game for the fun of it?

Games, plural, including a draft for teams and captains. Bragging rights are of somewhat fickle value, though.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Oh if you use a skin it changes the name of your character to the skin's name now. That's cool.

You know, it's awfully tempting to start games as Vlad with 32 hp/5.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    I wouldn't mind doing it but at level 2 right now I'd guess I'm under qualified.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    Oh if you use a skin it changes the name of your character to the skin's name now. That's cool.

Really? Neat.

What, is that a full flat HP/5 rune page and masteries?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    edited May 2012

I like this idea and I know its been bought up by different parties that the biggest problem with the in-house stuff is that some people take this game way more seriously then others.

I am new here - so my words don't carry as much weight as much as some of the bigger names however if you want the painhouse to grow make it fun rather then competitive. We're playing a game here, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong. Thats just my 2cents on the matter though.

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    @unintentional

tried that weird little anti-assassin build, you're right, it does work

gave me the little bit of heft I needed to hold up to akali in a few places

glad to hear it!

I wouldn't mind doing it but at level 2 right now I'd guess I'm under qualified.

Or you'd make a fantastic handicap, whichever. ;)
    Miniwolf wrote: »

I like this idea and I know its been bought up by different parties that the biggest problem with the in-house stuff is that some people take this game way more seriously then others.

I am new here - So my words don't carry as much weight as much as some of the bigger names however if you want the painhouse to grow make it fun rather then competitive. Thats just my 2cents on the matter though.

Yeah, that's basically what I'm saying. Hat is no longer running these because some dissatisfaction related to that degree-of-seriousness stuff from Week 2 led to it being unpleasant to be the guy in front, as I recall.

It's up to the guy organizing these how they're going to be run / scored, in the end, and it'd be helpful for people to remember that they wouldn't be happening at all if not for Hat / Rius / Schuss' work.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    God, I can't do anything as Riven against Yorick. At all.

The trick is to build some early MR, Hexdrinker into Null Magic into Phage into Mercs. Farm passively at tower, and when the lane is starting to get pushed up past river and your health starts going down, push it up ASAP and back for some health. I maxed Q and E and didn't have any troubles getting back to lane before he pushed it back to my tower.

When you go in to CS, lead with E and exit with Q; if you're pushed up far enough you should go into the bushes so as to disengage his ghouls, causing them to attack creeps and push the lane back in your favor. It also super helps if you stack flat MR runes, I was running MR reds and blues, armor yellows, hp5 quints. Teleport is also pretty great in case their jungler comes to push you off your tower when there's a big wave pushing to you.

After 23 minutes, I ended up with ~130cs to his ~150cs, but he had two levels on me because he never fucking left the lane.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I'm not opposed to the idea of points for themes and styles and such, but there are two problems with that;

1) Teams are shuffled each week; you'd have to track points on an individual basis
    2) It would probably drive some people away, which is already an issue as week 3's numbers were lower than week 2.

I am new here - So my words don't carry as much weight as much as some of the bigger names however if you want the painhouse to grow make it fun rather then competitive. Thats just my 2cents on the matter though.

Yeah, that's basically what I'm saying. Hat is no longer running these because some dissatisfaction related to that degree-of-seriousness stuff from Week 2 led to it being unpleasant to be the guy in front, as I recall.

It's up to the guy organizing these how they're going to be run / scored, in the end, and it'd be helpful for people to remember that they wouldn't be happening at all if not for Hat / Rius / Schuss' work.

Thats true, it will be up to who ever is running it. Last night was a great in house stuff we play 2? maybe 3 in houses that were all random and we went into lanes and there was a AD carry taric that went 27 / something and / 12. It was probably one of the most fun games I have been apart of in a while and I think it was around the 3rd game but someone started taking 'all random' very seriously and after that everyone was like 'well I have to go' type thing legitimately or not. 1 person can spoil it for an entire group of people.

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
    Well, look, I've run fantasy football leagues before. If we want to get REALLY silly I'm perfectly happy to try to keep track of a goof-team league of some kind.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited May 2012
    Assist should be counted for the points. I'm not good at getting that last hit on a champion but I do seem to do a lot in helping others get the kill.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular

Really? Neat.

Well, HP/5 quints, +3 from defence tree and start with a regrowth pendant.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif

Really? Neat.

Well, HP/5 quints, +3 from defence tree and start with a regrowth pendant.

Hp / 5 quints I've had since beta are currently making jungling a lot smoother for me on one of my pages.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited May 2012
    1900 elo game

surge promote poppy going full dunkmaster build is fighting annie for cs in mid

lol never changes

next game has 0cs yorick walking around fountain fifteen minutes in

Carnarvon on
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    1900 elo game

surge promote poppy going full dunkmaster build is fighting annie for cs in mid

... that actually sounds like a lot of fun as far as a way to play Poppy. Not so much with the cs battle.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    What is the objection to just making the teams random from the pool of people wanting to play?

I am far more interested in playing with people I haven't yet or teams that don't necessarily play together. I think it would be more fun that way personally.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular

There's just no point to me doing them anymore since I don't want to put in the work to make the teams super fair or anything and really they weren't doing what I wanted anyways.

And if people want them to become a super casual silliness fest, then that's fine with me, but then they're even LESS useful to me.

What is the objection to just making the teams random from the pool of people wanting to play?

I am far more interested in playing with people I haven't yet or teams that don't necessarily play together. I think it would be more fun that way personally.

I'm guessing it's that it's a big hassle to try to randomize 15+ people. Bear in mind 15's a lower-bound, too.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

Massive Elo disparity.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    I've never heard Ryze called an "insane pusher" before o.O
    Early on he doesn't, but once you have Tear + Glacial, you have low cooldowns and near-infinite mana (because of the mana relics no less).

Indeed, if you're good at dodging, you can start spanking Urgot once you get your FH in bot.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

I don't think its a good idea. And for two reasons

1) Points are easily gamed and not a good way to determine who is on what team. They cannot be indicative of player skill in the way wins[and observing play] are.

2) Its not particularly fun to lose in LOL. But its less fun to lose to a troll team. One of the reasons that Shaco is banned is not because he is OP, but because he is incredibly unfun to play against. By giving incentives to better players to play champions like EVE and others who can become incredibly frustrating you're going to make the game even less fun for the losing team.

Random is more likely to be unbalanced than picking. Yea, picking means you can grab people you know are good, but everyone does that and so the good people get spread around a bit. Random means that you can end up with the good people all on the same team.

Edit: I for one like the chance to see what high level play is like to play against. It makes me a better player, so i don't mind the seriousness of the game.

Still bitter Arikado [j/k, not bitter]

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Early on he doesn't, but once you have Tear + Glacial, you have low cooldowns and near-infinite mana (because of the mana relics no less).

Ryze is one of the worst pushers in the game.

Damage dealt to towers is based off your AD, or 40% of your AP+AD, whichever is higher. Ryze, building neither AP or AD, deals shit for damage to towers compared to any other damage stacking champ. His ult, while having probably a 15 second cool down at full build, is less useful than Brand or TF AoE for pushing.

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »

Ryze is one of the worst pushers in the game.

Damage dealt to towers is based off your AD, or 40% of your AP+AD, whichever is higher. Ryze, building neither AP or AD, deals shit for damage to towers compared to any other damage stacking champ. His ult, while having probably a 15 second cool down at full build, is less useful than Brand or TF AoE for pushing.
    You don't shoot towers in Dominion, though.

...Mana relics? What are mana relics?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Little surprised at some of the things spectator mode is lacking - first of all: chat & Second: knowing that the game has ended instead of the "Live" clock just keep on ticking after the game has been over.

Prospicience on
This discussion has been closed.