As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Giant Bomb: Ryan Davis is a pretty classy guy.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Just downloaded the Sniper Elite demo, killed two guys in one shot. It's pretty great.

Edit: And now I killed a rival sniper two blocks away.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Eve might as well be set in 1980's Lebanon.

Gotta send Drew.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Looks like Black Ops 2 will the be the Future Soldier game Future Soldier likely never will be, I'm in. Jeff has an article on it that's pretty interesting. The fake video Zandracon posted got taken down, what was in it?

And we're getting a Quick Look Supplemental for Trials Evolution, huh.

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    dubstep and power rangers and captain n

xmassig2.gif
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    all the talk about Eve on the bombcast made me wish there was someone acting as an investigative reporter in that game

someone who can translate things to the real world

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I predict that Brad and Ryan will not be able to complete a single extreme track in Trials Evolution if they are having that much trouble getting 135 medals

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Sometimes

Not often

I really, really miss playing Eve

sig2.jpg
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I'm consistently intrigued, but thoroughly satisfied with crazy news stories and cinematic recaps.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    oh man

new quicklook

of Trials Evolution

again

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    let's watch Brad have a nervous fucking breakdown

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    Ryan proved me wrong by beating the first track!

Brad did not. Can't believe the dude doesn't know how to do a proper bunny hop at this point. He doesn't stand a chance on those tracks without understanding how that sort of thing works.

I wish they would have realized that if they went to the proper leaderboards and not just their friend listing that they could have seen actual player runs. Would have been fun to see them watch one of the 0 fault runs people do on those tracks, they're absolutely insane and make no sense

Steam ID
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    holy fuck that's a lot of chocolate

sig.gif
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    someone needs to send them something healthy for a change.

simulacrum on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Somebody go turn on YouTube Captions on the new Trials video

6F32U1X.png
    I hope whoever sent that mailbag works at Cadbury, or some distributor, or somewhere that gets chocolate for free or at a massive discount, because that's gotta be a couple hundred dollars worth.

sig.gif
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I love Brad but I cannot watch him play this game.

edit: nevermind I can't watch anyone play this game I can't play this game and I need to delete this game from my XBox right now

admanb on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    I love Brad but I cannot watch him play this game.

edit: nevermind I can't watch anyone play this game I can't play this game and I need to delete this game from my XBox right now

Yeah, I feel like while Brad is bad at videogames, this is not a case where someone else is an improvement.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Jeff or Ryan silently filmed Brad play trials before the first quick look and he nailed it

He does not do well when he knows he's being watched

edited May 2012
    The fact that Brad doesn't know how to bunny hop is kind of a big deal in that game. That's not really a 'being watched' thing

it's like one of the foundational things that they teach you. He must have had to brute force a ton of levels with tons of trial and error to get that far without it/

Those levels are tough as shit though, i've completed all but 2, but with a few hundred faults on all of them

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    Brad "I get through entire games without understanding one of its core mechanics" Shoemaker

sig.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Brad "I get through entire games without understanding one of its core mechanics" Shoemaker
    Point

• FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Yeah this is fucking terrible. Can't figure out how to complete it? better do the same thing over and over and over again

sig2.jpg
    There should be a YouTube montage of all the times Brad Bradded a game.

sig.gif
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    These trials quick looks are amazing

God bless you, brad

Also I need to get this game. There any way I can get it without being able to connect to the Internet?

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    No.

I kinda skipped through that video, but no OOT3D? Come on.

sig.gif
    No.

Mmmmmaaaaaaaaaan

Vann Diras wrote: »
    No.

Mmmmmaaaaaaaaaan

Oh God

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Guess I could rig it up through my pc again

That's such a hassle though

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Before I say this, I wanna preface it with I love these guys. Ive been a premium member for a while and its honestly possibly my favorite entertainment website.

That said, I literally completely, totally can NOT fathom how they continually fail to just read text. Brad apparently missed how to bunny hop, and put his cursor over the bike that says RIGHT NEXT TO IT how to unlock it and says he doesn't know how to get it.

This is something my brain can't make sense of. Does he think it's there for decoration? And its not just Brad, the other guys do this too. Is it some factor of the sheer number of games they play?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Before I say this, I wanna preface it with I love these guys. Ive been a premium member for a while and its honestly possibly my favorite entertainment website.

That said, I literally completely, totally can NOT fathom how they continually fail to just read text. Brad apparently missed how to bunny hop, and put his cursor over the bike that says RIGHT NEXT TO IT how to unlock it and says he doesn't know how to get it.

This is something my brain can't make sense of. Does he think it's there for decoration? And its not just Brad, the other guys do this too. Is it some factor of the sheer number of games they play?

This got really bad during the Chrono Trigger ER. Took Ryan and Patrick a long time before they figured out they have to actually read things and older games would actually punish you for not doing so

Steam ID
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Yeah. I want to say it was just because I knew Chrono Trigger that it was kinda bad sometimes, but I'd never seen Deadly Premonition before the Brad/Ryan run, and that was pretty painful too.

I still watch and laugh a lot, despite how bad they can be.

(Vinny, Jeff, Dave and Drew are pretty great most of the time, though)

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I mean this game is all about trying the same thing over and over again with tiny variations on the theme.

Also it looks like he does know how to bunny hop?

edit: tChincy, they fail to read the text because they are focused on talking about the game and trying to be funny, not actually playing the game. It would be way different if they were just playing the game with a camera behind their shoulder and no talking.

And usually they have not played much of the section of the game they are playing before-hand.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited May 2012
    Artreus wrote: »
    I mean this game is all about trying the same thing over and over again with tiny variations on the theme.

Also it looks like he does know how to bunny hop?

2/3 through the quicklook they talk about the mechanics of the bunny hop and Brad is way off

and you can tell by the way he handles jumps without ramps, he doesn't know how to properly launch himself

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    This trials part 2 quicklook is amazing.

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    okay yeah I just got to that part where a simple bunny hop would have solved this part for him but he is just not doing it and hoping that he will get lucky again like he did earlier

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited May 2012
    Brad is bad at videogames

I still like him best

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Brad will be the first one to kill his kid.
    He'll raise him to about five years old. Then he'll say, "My son, I love you so much I want to have another child to love so much."
    But then he won't read the prompt and accidentally overwrite his current kid.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
This discussion has been closed.