As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Do you like dags? Let's talk about Dogs. I'm naming mine Jack McCoy

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I have three dogs. Two Yorkie/Poodle mixes, and a Japanese Chin. The mixes are the most awful dogs I've ever had. They have the nastiest hair, they smell, stupid as shit. One of them will eat his own shit if you don't keep an eye on the little fucker. Sometimes he'll gobble it down, before you can notice. Then, later that night you get a shit smelling burp in your face. Christ, I hate those dogs.

My Chin is awesome though. He likes to sleep.

90729341.png

A lot.

49417388.png

He also likes bones.

10935764.png

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Oh my god, this thread. I love dogs so much!

I want something big and fluffy and derpy (and affectionate).

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    You just described half the forums

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

You could get a polar bear dog.

BLM - ACAB
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

You should get a Leonberger.

7COXP.jpg
    7pmni.jpg
    Q5hxD.jpg
    wOx1P.jpg

UnbrokenEva on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    My dog is the best. Here he is playing with our bunny.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWgkf821O9I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here he is meeting an American Akita.
    b8d213ef.jpg

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

url]7pmni.jpg
    Q5hxD.jpg
    wOx1P.jpg

this is my dog

this is the dog for me

the closest i will ever coming to owning a west highlands dogasaurus

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    7pmni.jpg

This dog had better fucking be named Falkor.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »

7pmni.jpg
    Q5hxD.jpg
    wOx1P.jpg

this is my dog

this is the dog for me

the closest i will ever coming to owning a west highlands dogasaurus

Well, Mouse is technically based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_Shepherd_Dog

but Leonbergers tend have much much gentler temperments.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    dog you say

Jack006.jpg

016.jpg

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I think I have wrong standards of dog sizes. Saw somebody walking their dogs in the city and my group commented on how huge they were. Their backs are only at peoples knee level that is medium at best.

(Also Elkhound for best dog)

VRXwDW7.png
    The Geek wrote: »

You could get a polar bear dog.

What a pretty dog! I think something like that would do nicely.

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    I think I have wrong standards of dog sizes. Saw somebody walking their dogs in the city and my group commented on how huge they were. Their backs are only at peoples knee level that is medium at best.

(Also Elkhound for best dog)

my ex-roommates called my dog large and he isn't even that tall

idgi

zkHcp.jpg
    my collies seem big, but it's all fluff. they're so skinny when they're wet! (and can squeeze through surprisingly small gaps in fences to my occasional dismay)

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Yeah, you have a medium dog right there

Most of the fun breeds are mediums except those crazy awesome small dogs like Corgis.

VRXwDW7.png
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Medium dogs are awesome. Herding dogs are awesome. Pick any medium+herding dog and you'll have a great family pet as well as a fun dog to do all kinds of dog sports, outdoor activities, and will help protect your home.

Just do need leave kickballs in the yard when you let them out though. They will heard it around the yard, and if the kickball doesn't quite listen or gives the dog some lip there will be a bit of nipping to move it along.

Then you get this and a sad kid who now expects you to buy him a new kickball.

Sammy_kickballdead_Mar2012.jpg

I think this is the dog that I would like.

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I never owned any pets. My dad grew up on a farm and my mom had all the pets, plus, my sister was terrified of dogs. So, no pets at all. Cats and dogs like me, but no pets. Until late last year, after I turned 30. I fiancee, girlfriend at the time, had an awesome border collie/blue heeler mix. Sweet, goofy, playful, quiet, intelligent and scrappy, Heidi is like the dog primer on how awesome dogs can be.

tumblr_m3084zOdX81rubj4bo3_1280.jpg

So, about 5 months later, I started thinking about getting a dog. I wanted a Corgi, obviously, because they're the best. But, ultimately, I wanted a herd dog. Smart and tough and loyal, no yappy lap dogs for me. And, eventually, we found one! Originally named Jolly, Malcolm Shepherd Wrex (Mal for everyday, non joking use) is a border collie basset hound mix. He's kinda like a big Corgi, cause of stumpy legs, or a huge dachshund, cause of longness. And stumpy legs. He's a lazy motherfucker who loves food and people, doesn't really like or give a fuck about other dogs (except for Heidi, who is friends with all creatures great and small) and doesn't really do doggy things, like fetch or chase balls or make noises. Because he's lazy and prefers to lay down on any blanket in the immediate area.

So, here are dumb pictures of my dumb dog.
    He never stays still for photos, but this is one of the best I've done.
    tumblr_m307xomDXK1rubj4bo1_1280.jpg

Look at the stumpy little legs!
    tumblr_m3084zOdX81rubj4bo1_1280.jpg

He's still TERRIFIED of thunder, what a pussy.
    tumblr_m3084zOdX81rubj4bo2_1280.jpg

Mal riding home from the adoption agency, when he was still called Jolly. Shoulda been named Lazy.
    tumblr_m3084zOdX81rubj4bo4_1280.jpg

Ever watchful, he sits on my porch plotting DOOM.
    tumblr_m3084zOdX81rubj4bo5_1280.jpg

Ever watchful, he wants to be petted while I work.

tumblr_m3084zOdX81rubj4bo6_1280.jpg

Ever watchful...WHAT THE FUCK AM I TALKING ABOUT?! You are so lazy, you lazy, scampery bastard.

tumblr_m3084zOdX81rubj4bo7_1280.jpg

He's pretty cool and I'm glad I rescued him, if only for the way he prances around with his bandezee on like a little, gay, cowboy. Lord, does he prance.

Medium Dave on
    I'll trade you. My blue heeler wants to play fetch, tug of war, or chase 24/7. If not he will bark to remind you he wants to play, or chew on anything to pass the time. He's lucky he's cute.

if it weren't for the pictures I'd say you stole my dog.

zkHcp.jpg
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    my favorite word for dog is derg

reposig.jpg
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Our golden retriever is completely in love with me.

I can't go downstairs to use the bathroom without her hounding me all the way from the steps to the bathroom door, and back again.

She even has a special ball she only picks up for me to throw.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    That's why they call working, herding, and sport breeds shadow dogs. If they're bonded to you and view you as pack leader, they will be 2 feet up your ass at all possible times. Granted that loyalty is a great trait for many other things, but not so much when you're trying to drop a deuce at 2am and the dog is trying to nuzzle up under your nutsack to protect you from potential predators in the house.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »
    That's why they call working, herding, and sport breeds shadow dogs. If they're bonded to you and view you as pack leader, they will be 2 feet up your ass at all possible times. Granted that loyalty is a great trait for many other things, but not so much when you're trying to drop a deuce at 2am and the dog is trying to nuzzle up under your nutsack to protect you from potential predators in the house.

The awkwardest boner.

Nutsack predators are the WORST predators.

I've only recently started letting him out of cage during the night and when I'm at work. It is a little creepy to wake up and see his doggy face staring at mine, as he sits on the floor next to the bed.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    my favorite word for dog is derg

we've taken to calling dogs "fluffs"

as in "I saw this massive fluff take a poop in the middle of the street today."

• R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    I have dogs. I love my dogs. I will take pictures of my dogs and present them all to you this evening. If they will stay still for 5 minutes.

steam_sig.png
    Anialos wrote: »

The awkwardest boner.

Until you actually have to give your dog the proper handle signal or voice command for stand up and go over there so you can wipe in peace, you haven't lived. Granted he does it with precision, but it's awkward to click and treat at that moment.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I want a dog

I can't have one

it actually really hurts

I let my dog sleep on the bed with me

but I'll never let him come into the bathroom with me

that's just too awkward.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I would want to get a corgi

but I'm not good with animals

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    I let my dog sleep on the bed with me

but I'll never let him come into the bathroom with me

that's just too awkward.

this is me

2x39jD4.jpg
    edited May 2012
    http://www.tjunks.tv/video/mail/view/id/940c7421-8fd2-437e-87f3-603985dec027

His ears are floppy and so is his tongue and he likes bones because they taste like food.

Medium Dave on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    my friend has a cat that always busts in when you're peeing and stares at you, it's pretty disconcerting

reposig.jpg
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    does your friend live in a place without doors that latch properly

2x39jD4.jpg
    You know, I don't really have a problem with the dog in the bathroom while I'm doing my business. He tends to be all, "Hey, you're doing something!" and then wander away. Now, sex in the same room as the dogs...that's fucking weird. Especially when the one decides that it's a good time to clean his paws. Loudly.

You know, I don't really have a problem with the dog in the bathroom while I'm doing my business. He tends to be all, "Hey, you're doing something!" and then wander away. Now, sex in the same room as the dogs...that's fucking weird. Especially when the one decides that it's a good time to clean his paws. Loudly.

pretty sure it's not his paws he's licking

also

he's just trying to give you some advice

zkHcp.jpg
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    my friend has a cat that always busts in when you're peeing and stares at you, it's pretty disconcerting
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    does your friend live in a place without doors that latch properly

Maybe it's a huge ass Maine Coon and it literally busts down the door

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Kadith wrote: »

pretty sure it's not his paws he's licking

also

he's just trying to give you some advice

Jesus, you'd think, but no. He cleans his paws like a goddamn cat. He bats his paws while flipped on his side or back to get your attention like a cat. If not for the fact that he's so excited for attention and to see you when you get home, I'd swear he was a dog shaped cat.

Also, there's no need to give me THAT advice. I know what's up.

This discussion has been closed.