As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Giant Bomb: Ryan Davis is a pretty classy guy.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I don't think Brad is really bad at games, like Artreus said its hard to talk and play at once, I just am baffled they don't read the text every single time and, as the wonderful I Am Alive quicklook and countless others prove, this always gets them in trouble.

I guess I just want him to learn from his mistakes but it doesn't seem like it's going that way.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    Brad will be the first one to kill his kid.
    He'll raise him to about five years old. Then he'll say, "My son, I love you so much I want to have another child to love so much."
    But then he won't read the prompt and accidentally overwrite his current kid.

You should feel good about this post.
    :^:

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    WHO GIVES A SHIT

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I used to dislike Brad, but I've come to like him and his goofy voice. The quality of his gameplay honestly just doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    AH-gree.

• Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    227 people out of the 5000 registered on giant bomb have the achievement so it clearly isn't easy.

Also people reading text on camera is very boring, can't blame the guys for not doing it.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Jeff just unlocked 6 achievements in Minecraft.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Jeff just unlocked 6 achievements in Minecraft.

The plot thickens.
    He probably played it for a quick look and it's stupid easy to get achievements in that game.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    WHO GIVES A SHIT

Well it is a thread for discussing giant bomb.

So people are going to discuss giant bomb. I do not see why people get so pissed off in here about that junk

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    So I was on board with Black Ops II as soon as I found out it was an actual sequel to Black Ops, because I really liked that game and its setting

But listening to the podcast about it made it one of my most anticipated games of the year

80s politics meets near-future sci-fi? Branching storylines? Multiple endings? Mocapped horses?!

Just hook it to my vein.

xmassig2.gif
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Yeah the future stuff was unexpected but it makes sense. Black Ops was untapped territory so why not leap further instead of just setting it a little while after the first game?

And the stuff in Jeff's article gives hope that it's more than just a new coat of paint.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Black Ops was the only Call of Duty game where, upon finishing it, I sat back and thought, "That was a pretty entertaining story."

So I am pretty excited for BO2.

IKknkhU.gif
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I just like to say BLOPS.

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I haven't played a CoD game since 4. 2 and 4 were pretty amazing games, and definitely some of the most intense gaming I've ever done. Black Ops 2 looks like it might get me back on the train, and I might even see if anyone at work has a 360 copy of Black Ops 1 I can borrow to get the story.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    MW2 and 3 were still pretty good games

But they just delivered more of the same

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »
    I just like to say BLOPS.

cool guys say CoDBLOPS

xmassig2.gif
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    I only play Modern Warfare for the Single Player campaign. I loved the first one, even though I had no idea what was going on, story-wise.

Then by 2, I guess I was bored with military shooters in general.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Woah. I've heard weird things about hybrid, but this quick look makes it seem pretty awesome

Wanna play dat beta

Dude, no one cool says BLOPS or CoDBLOPS at all. Such a dumb fucking acronym. Fucking BLOPS. Jesus. I hate video gamers sometimes. Cause goddamn Black Ops took to long to say and/or type.

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    non gamers say BLOPS heads up

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Mc zany wrote: »
    Also people reading text on camera is very boring, can't blame the guys for not doing it.

Yeah, as someone who was recently filmed demo'ing a game, and who skipped through a lot of the text to get to the actual gameplay, and who then saw a bunch of people complaining that I skipped through all the story stuff

I have some sympathy for the approach

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    bloooooooooooooooops

Dude, no one cool says BLOPS or CoDBLOPS at all. Such a dumb fucking acronym. Fucking BLOPS. Jesus. I hate video gamers sometimes. Cause goddamn Black Ops took to long to say and/or type.

nah, plenty of people say codblops.

It isn't even a gamer thing. I am sorry you are mad at things

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y4_oQJNaaA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

In honor of my subscription I am watching the random pc game phantasmagoria

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I love BLOPS as an acronym

and yes people use it all the damn time

I have never actually heard someone say "I am going to go play Black Ops."

it is only BLOPS

CYpGAPn.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular

Man, that is just...

Not the game to play with random people.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

Man, that is just...

Not the game to play with random people.
    no, the ideal set up is with friends, in a skype call

me and some buddies played for an hour, good times

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I love BLOPS as an acronym

and yes people use it all the damn time

I have never actually heard someone say "I am going to go play Black Ops."

it is only BLOPS

Ayup, seeing that acronym blossom from the start was a beautiful thing.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    BLOPS and AssBro are my favourite short-hands.

This Clippy discussion on the Bombcast already has me in tears.

And man is Clippy a blast from the past.

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Artreus wrote: »
    In honor of my subscription I am watching the random pc game phantasmagoria

I also strongly recommend Ripper

HugmasterGeneral on
    I can't explain why I hate it so much, I just do! It's like preggers. You're not saving anytime saying it that way, stop being annoying! It's irrational, but it's there.

Also, I hate the word "brat."

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I only play Modern Warfare for the Single Player campaign. I loved the first one, even though I had no idea what was going on, story-wise.

Dude what? It's not exactly Dostoevsky. How can you play Call of Duty for the story and then not get the story? Everything is spelled out for you. There isn't a huge expanded universe you have to "get".

sig.gif
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Call of Duty is The Wire of video games

price is omar

6F32U1X.png
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of bummed out to learn that the horse stuff in the trailer is 1980's afghanistan flashbacks. As interesting as it will be to have Mujahideen as the "good guys" in a major video game property, I was kind of excited for the potential of horseback fighters versus the rogue drone robot army.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Well it might get down to this considering the plot seems to be a toned-down version of MGS4's (rogue bad guy takes over all that war technology for himself). Horses might turn out to be the only reliable mode of transportation by the end.

sig.gif
    SimBen wrote: »
    rfilyaw wrote: »

Dude what? It's not exactly Dostoevsky. How can you play Call of Duty for the story and then not get the story? Everything is spelled out for you. There isn't a huge expanded universe you have to "get".

No need to be hostile about it. I just didn't really follow it. Maybe I wasn't paying attention. Who even cares.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    -SPI- wrote: »
    I'm kind of bummed out to learn that the horse stuff in the trailer is 1980's afghanistan flashbacks. As interesting as it will be to have Mujahideen as the "good guys" in a major video game property, I was kind of excited for the potential of horseback fighters versus the rogue drone robot army.

Aw man, that's what I was hoping too, with all the "they're turning our stuff against us" stuff in the trailer and all.

This discussion has been closed.