As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Deswa wrote: »
    I am currently in vent and up for a round if anyone is interested in winning.
    I will play you. And I will do that now and Stream things - http://www.livestream.com/ebosdinnertheatreforcannibals

We're in the G&T Ventrilo, Lobby 7, if you'd like to join in and give Deswa some advice.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    DeswaDeswa Registered User regular
    Had a wonderful match with Ebo, very close to a tie. I still lost but still learned plenty.

gobassgo wrote:
    "It ain't rape, it's surprise sex!"
    wii : 3788 3264 2419 8070
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    Finished a 2-1 regular league victory with my Dark Elves vs Moleface's Skaven. The match began as a brutal slugfest and ended with all but 4, maybe 5 of the Skaven team off the pitch, one dead, five badly hurt and the rest knocked out. Despite an impressive score to start off the second half, the Skaven team was to hurt to stop my second to last turn TD, preventing them from an effective reply.

Great Game, rough on the skaven, though only one player will be unavailable next match as he is dead.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    The two Division 3 teams who won their first matches clashed today, as the High Elves of the Pompous Pompadours did battle with the Norse of the Asgard Arctic Cats. The Cats brought 130k of inducements with them, buying a 3rd reroll and a rioting fan, who failed to have any effect whatsoever. The Pomps lost the coin toss, and the Cats chose to receive.

The rioting fan, who failed to have an initial effect, returned with friends, and after the dust settled, the referee decided to run the clock on by 1 turn. Frosty the Snow Troll (Cats, Yhetee) started things off by promptly falling on his face, giving the Pomps enough of a chance to clear a path to the ball. Menanornion 'Mohawk' Elenethir (Pomps, Thrower) grabbed it and made his advance down the left. Vigfúss the Crazed (Cats, Berserker) knocked the ball loose, only for Horthborn Barbershop (Pomps, Lineman) to recover it shortly afterwards. The mercenary lineman hired by the Cats to make up their numbers did an admirable job, knocking the ball loose a second time, only for Horthborn to recover it again. Sven Sure Shot (Cats, Thrower) made sure he wouldn't get it a third time, by punching him very hard in the face, before grabbing the ball himself. Meanwhile, elsewhere on the field, Erugoldur 'Emo' Taldilinryl (Pomps, Lineman) removed Ofeigfinnr (Cats, Lineman) for the rest of the game, while Arcaunar 'Anime' Larenglinaeil (Pomps, Lineman) gave Dálkr the Keg Master (Cats, Berserker) a knuckle sandwich, knocking him out. Sven advanced to the halfway line and attempted to pass, only for it to slip from his fingers. Alion 'Afro' Cuyaian (Pomps, Blitzer) grabbed the loose ball, made a long pass to Daugien Barbershop (Pomps, Lineman), who caught it and ran it all the way into the endzone. 1-0 Pomps.

Dálkr managed to wake up for the next drive, but the Cats were still at a 1 man disadvantage. Sven failed to collect the kickoff, allowing the Pomps to swarm the ball. After an attempt to clear them away by his teammates, Sven failed to pick the ball up again. Daugien 'Dreads' Undoos (Pomps, Lineman) saw an opportunity for a TD, and dodged away from his marker, running as fast as he could for the endzone. Mohawk saw him, picked up the ball whilst ignoring Sven, dodged away, and make a perfect pass to Dreads. 2-0 Pomps, and the end of the first half.

Horthborn woke up for the second half, and the Pomps lined up with a lopsided formation. Unfortunately for them, the Cats blitzed the kickoff, with Egill Larngerôsson (Cats, Runner) running underneath the ball and plucking it out of the air. Mohawk managed to knock the ball loose, and despite it still being near the opposition, Horthborn dashed in, grabbed the ball, and launched a pass to Rission 'Rattail' Telthanthor (Pomps, Blitzer) down the right, moving the ball a long way into the Cats' half. Dálkr made a last ditch effort to send him to the ground, only to fall down himself, allowing Rattail to score completely unopposed. 3-0 Pomps.

The Cats got a quick snap from the kickoff, with the wayward kick landing just beyond the sideline. Sven was handed the ball, and made his way down the centre into the gap created by Eilifkell (Cats, Lineman) knocking out Anime. Frosty cleared a path by punching Saelron Barbershop (Pomps, Lineman) in the dick, allowing Sven to redeem his earlier failures, making the pass to Egill, who ran it in for a TD. 3-1 Pomps.

Anime woke up for the next drive, and the Pomps made a quick snap, made even more effective by the kickoff falling short. Afro was given the ball on the halfway line, allowing him to blitz through the right side with a few teammates providing cover. Sven blitzed through the cover to block Afro's path, but with the Pomps bringing in additional support, it looked like a 4th TD was certain. However, Mohawk failed to free up a teammate, allowing Sven to attack the ball carrier... only to fail to dodge the renewed cover, and knock himself out. Afro, seeing a nearby teammate who needed to score more than he did, tried to pass, only to fail so badly, it landed behind him in Horthborn's hands. Bill the Biter (Cats, Norse Werewolf) knocked the ball back out of his hands, only for Horthborn to recover the loose ball. Yet, just as the crowd thought it would be 4-1... the most agile Pomps player failed to make a 1 metre pass. The game's somewhat pathetic ending was further enhanced by the last action, Unnrfinnr (Cats, Runner) letting the ball slip through his fingers. Final score, Pompous Pompadours 3, Asgard Arctic Cats 1.

Emo got the MVP for my team, with Dreads reaching level 2. Audunn Ketilsson got Veevee's MVP, while Frosty's dickpunching got him to level 2. Veevee definitely got a lot of bad dice in that game. Nothing catastrophic, but enough to prevent him from getting anywhere near the win. My dice, at least for the first 12 turns, were just utter bullshit though. That second TD? A dodge and 2 GFI to get into the endzone, followed by a pickup in 1 TZ, a dodge, and the following short pass. All made without having any rerolls available. I think I'm really beginning to like elves. :D

Replay file is here.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Did my stunty league and GT X-League both were against Veevee and both ended 3-0 in my favor cause Veevee pissed in Nuffle's coffee before the games. He did get some revenge with his wizard at the end giving me MNG on a second Black Orc and a dead level 2 Blitzer. I hope I am against something dodgy rather then bashy in that league next week cause I don't see how I am winning that one and would like to get keep casualties to a minimum.

When I tried to give myself 30k gold out of the treasury so I can buy a master chef but when I made it 30000 in the field and clicked Yes and it didn't take the cash

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Stunty League Season 1 Day 4 ( Started: 30 April Ends: 6 May )
    mrt1212 vs TNTrooper
    SesshouBB vs TheInspector
    Banzai5150 vs Edg1e
    Fooms vs Veevee

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    The way inducement money is calculated is a little strange. If you add petty cash, it adds that amount to your TV for purposes of calculating the free inducement cash, so if you are 270 TV below and want to get to 300k, you literally would have to add in 300k gold, which would end up giving 30k inducement money to your opponent. Also, if you are ahead of your opponent in TV, and decide you want a wizard, the 150k you spend to get that wizard gets added into your opponent's petty cash.

The game does a terrible job of explaining this.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Fucking fuck dark elves fuck nuffle fuck holy shit fuck.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    I would like to apologise to whoever I am supposed to be playing. This week has been shitty with endless end of term coursework's and final exams coming up. And then this weekend with GW2 beta.

I'll be around tonight though, and on steam. If it doesn't work out, I'll take a defeat. It's my fault and I've let everyone down by not scheduling this shit better, for which I apologise to everyone.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular

So as anyone can tell by this statement Law and I got our game in earlier. It was another one of those games where my opponent no longer wants to play against me. I think I'm going to retire my dark-elves after this season, they are causing too much grief in the X-league.

It was another strong and interesting first half, ending 0-0. The ball traded ends 3 times though. The first trade was when a pestigor intercepted my first pass. I recovered the ball by pushing the pestigor out of bounds, then threw it again, however far too much disturbing presence ended in a fumble. Again I recovered the ball and then lost it again somehow, I think another failed pass. Law took out my str 4 blitzer and he rolled dead, apothed into a fractured leg, which is MNG. I knocked out his star player inducement, who then spent the rest of the game KOed in the dugout.

The second half is where shit went bad for Law. Twice I snuck through some elves to knock the ball loose and run it in, final score being 2-0 in my favour. However I am without my str 4 blitzer next game (that will reduce my TV some!) and one of my linemen got a smashed hip, -MV, so he won't be in the next game either, and I might even just drop him.

If anyone remembers a couple of pages back I was tossing up between +agil, pass and safe pass for my thrower. Well seing as all my turn overs were caused by not natural 1 fumbles and an interception, I think I should have taken safe pass instead of pass.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Docshifty and I will be playing our extension league game tonight at 8 PM Eastern, my Japanasauruses vs. his Undead We Never Walk Alone.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Just a reminder, I'm out till this Sunday.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »

So as anyone can tell by this statement Law and I got our game in earlier. It was another one of those games where my opponent no longer wants to play against me. I think I'm going to retire my dark-elves after this season, they are causing too much grief in the X-league.

It was another strong and interesting first half, ending 0-0. The ball traded ends 3 times though. The first trade was when a pestigor intercepted my first pass. I recovered the ball by pushing the pestigor out of bounds, then threw it again, however far too much disturbing presence ended in a fumble. Again I recovered the ball and then lost it again somehow, I think another failed pass. Law took out my str 4 blitzer and he rolled dead, apothed into a fractured leg, which is MNG. I knocked out his star player inducement, who then spent the rest of the game KOed in the dugout.

The second half is where shit went bad for Law. Twice I snuck through some elves to knock the ball loose and run it in, final score being 2-0 in my favour. However I am without my str 4 blitzer next game (that will reduce my TV some!) and one of my linemen got a smashed hip, -MV, so he won't be in the next game either, and I might even just drop him.

If anyone remembers a couple of pages back I was tossing up between +agil, pass and safe pass for my thrower. Well seing as all my turn overs were caused by not natural 1 fumbles and an interception, I think I should have taken safe pass instead of pass.

Your team didn't grief me, Nuffle did. I was looking forward to our clash of the giants, but it just turned into herderpvikings.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Speed League Season 3 Day 1 ( Started: 24 April Ends: 27 April )
    TheLawinator vs Stopgap (Any idea when this going to be played?)

Regular League Season 1: Day 3 ( Started: 1 May Ends: 6 May )
    Moridin889 was unresponsive for the week and was given an 0-1 loss to TNTrooper and I forwarded the week.

SesshouBB vs Tiger Burning
    Dudeman vs [PA]Draeven
    TheInspector vs TheLawinator
    Banzai5150 vs WSDX
    Gnizmo vs Veevee
    Custom Special vs BlitzAce1981
    moleface vs ebotacular
    Stopgap vs Palington
    papercuts6 vs Mallishious
    Docshifty vs KafkaAU
    Fooms vs ZH-kuvl
    Extreaminatus vs Elvenshae
    Kafkanhound vs Moridin889
    TNTrooper vs Gabriel Pitt

Stunty League Season 1: Day 4 ( Started: ??? Ends: 6 May )
    mrt1212 vs TNTrooper
    SesshouBB vs TheInspector
    Banzai5150 vs Edg1e
    Fooms vs Veevee

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    15 minutes until game time, I'm gonna dick around on some Sniper Elite until then and be streaming both.

http://www.livestream.com/docshifty

• Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    My rats just went up against ebo's Khemri. I think this screenshot sums up how the game went :)

krPMYl.jpg

Final score, 1-0 to the undead meanies

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    moleface wrote: »
    My rats just went up against ebo's Khemri. I think this screenshot sums up how the game went :)

krPMYl.jpg

Final score, 1-0 to the undead meanies
    I'm flabbergasted all 8 of those were run of the mill badly injureds.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Man only 8 injured rats? That's normal and you should have still won!

Just kidding, even for Skaven that's a lot to overcome, especially if you don't have 14 or more players. It's a sad fact of life that the Rat Ogre is particularly bad against Khemri.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I am here and Alive, also starting a new job, I think you need to drop me from the speed league after this season. I MAY be able to get a game in tomorrow night?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    If you can only schedule 1 game tomorrow night, go with the speed league. Congrats on the job! Just let me know when we can hit our regular league game this week.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    ChuckNorrisTypeRChuckNorrisTypeR Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Could I snag a group invite? Been listening to BB podcasts again and such and has made me miss the game. Probably try to freshen up on playing this weekend, it's been about a year since I've hit the pitch. I do have the LE now, just had regular before so I doubt I'll get bored of the lack of teams like I used to.

ChuckNorrisTypeR on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Could I snag a group invite? Been listening to BB podcasts again and such and has made me miss the game. Probably try to freshen up on playing this weekend, it's been about a year since I've hit the pitch. I do have the LE now, just had regular before so I doubt I'll get bored of the lack of teams like I used to.

invite sent

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    TheInspectorTheInspector Registered User regular
    To my opponents this week: I'm extremely busy at work for the next few days. I'll try to get our games in when I'm actually home for more than 30 minutes at a time.

xbox360/WiiU: AnEvilHypnotist
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    TNTrooper's Gobbs v My Ogres ended in a 1-0 loss. I was within ONE square on turn 16t of getting a touchdown, when he managed to throw three gobbos in my way. I didn't want to dodge through that many tackle zones, stunty snotling or no, so I had an ogre come blitzing up to smash into that line and give my snotling a good chance of coming through. All he had to do was make one GFI roll to make it, and fell on his ass, ending the game. :P

In some ways, it was a game of who Nuffle hated more. TNTroopers bomber gobbo kept blowing himself up, my ogres got knocked out like mofos (to chainsaws, but still) and I kept having to burn rerolls on Really Stupid just to keep from having my lines fall apart. He could fling a gobba anywhere on the field he wanted, but failed dodge rolls like a champ, wheras I could barely even manage to pick up a snotling, much less hurl it anywhere. Also, despite perfect weather, there was one sequence where the ball refused to be picked up like, five turnovers in a row.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Stunty League match vs Edg1e about to commence....

livestream.com/banzaisstuff

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    I should really get set up to Stream stuff at some point.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Stunty League match vs Edg1e about to commence....

livestream.com/banzaisstuff

Due to a miscommunication the mach is postponed.. Go stare at my OFFLINE signal instead :)

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Game finished between Lawinator's Dwarfs and my Humans. Nuffle hated his fucking guts. it was a 2-1 victory for humans. Honestly I think I could have picked my nose and moved guys with my eyes closed the dice hated Lawinater so badly. The very first play of the game A fan threw a rock and killed one of his Trollslayers DEAD. If he had not gotten an apothecary in the inducements he wouldn't have even had a chance to save him. To give you a feel for this, he ended the game with 4 hurt players, and two of those with injuries that take them out for a game and hurt their stats.

Honestly guys, I played well, but I can take no credit for this game. GG for Lawinator not just plain quitting.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Speed League Season 2 Day 2 ( Started: 3 May Ends: 6 May )
    TheLawinator vs Veevee
    Banzai5150 vs mrt1212
    Docshifty vs Stopgap
    ZH-kuvl vs ebotacular

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    @Elvenshae
    We have a game this week!

Does Sunday afternoon work for you?
    Or Friday or Saturday around 3pm EST?

edit: or any time until 7am this morning?

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    Edg1e and I just had a fun game. Of course I ko'd 4 of my flings by throwing them, but I KILLED one of his guys!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Injury count is the real way to keep score.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    There's another way to keep score besides injuries?

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I'll be around for my speed league or regular league game tonight, after 5 CST

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    So it's looking like my only available time to get any games in will be this saturday before 3pm central. Not sure who all I play, but if anyone is available Saturday morning/early afternoon I'll be on and ready to play

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    So it's looking like my only available time to get any games in will be this saturday before 3pm central. Not sure who all I play, but if anyone is available Saturday morning/early afternoon I'll be on and ready to play

This is very unfortunate. I am unavailable on Saturday as I have work. I leave before sunrise and get home after sunset so no chance at all of sneaking he game in. No chance of a game before then today or tomorrow though? When does the league roll over?

• Options
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    Veevee wrote: »

This is very unfortunate. I am unavailable on Saturday as I have work. I leave before sunrise and get home after sunset so no chance at all of sneaking he game in. No chance of a game before then today or tomorrow though? When does the league roll over?

Today isn't possible, but I might be able to do it tomorrow after 5pm central.

• Options
    Veeeeveeeee i will play whenever.

• Options
    Dwarf on Dwarf action will be hilariously bad. Can you stream this game at all? The public must see this

• Options
    No because I already have 2 people as MNG and this thing is going to be awful. I thought you retired your stupid stupid dwarf team I hope they all die.