As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    The inability to close out a won game is something that is absolutely absurd in TvT.

Its like the polar opposite of PvP, where a tiny lead means the game is basically over.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    i too am upset that my race doesn't die

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    !!! teamliquid and fnatic in the gstl !!!

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=334525

• Options
    edited May 2012
    that's a pretty weak line up for TL compared to the competition they'll be facing

but it is fucking bad ass none the less.

815165 on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    TLO.jpg

Liquid`BEARD fightiiiing!!!

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I think the answer is to take air control and use a Banshee or two to pick off Tanks or use Nukes to accomplish the same thing. I never remember to do it though, I always end up getting impatient and just trading over and over again.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I think the answer is to take air control and use a Banshee or two to pick off Tanks or use Nukes to accomplish the same thing. I never remember to do it though, I always end up getting impatient and just trading over and over again.

yeah we were wrestling for air control the whole time, me adding upgraded thors is what let me ultimately win.

I have yet to lose to fast forge pvt with 3 oc. so...... ez........

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    awesome, didn't know TLO was in/going to Korea.

hero/taeja/zenio are high quality players although relying on just 3 is difficult... but then again prime got really far just because of mkp right? I barely remember gstl tbh.

sick fucking news though, I'm excited I hope they can do well.

• Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Hero and Taeja are basically going to carry the team on their shoulders. TLO is a good sniper with his unorthodox strategies, Zenio could grab some wins if he decides to play well on that day. Haypro and Jinro are there to pad out the team.

• Options
    I think it depends what they do from the fast forge. If they go for an upgrade heavy 2base all-in, it can be hard to hold that off a 3OC, but not impossible, and if they do literally anything else they'd have been better off with a gate expand.

• Options
    mEEksa wrote: »
    Hero and Taeja are basically going to carry the team on their shoulders. TLO is a good sniper with his unorthodox strategies, Zenio could grab some wins if he decides to play well on that day. Haypro and Jinro are there to pad out the team.

Especially Jinro.

Haypro, at least, has had flashes of brilliance this year, taking out Nestea at IPL or MLG, I forget which, whereas Jinro has been consistently mediocre ever since January 2011.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    awesome, didn't know TLO was in/going to Korea.

hero/taeja/zenio are high quality players although relying on just 3 is difficult... but then again prime got really far just because of mkp right? I barely remember gstl tbh.

sick fucking news though, I'm excited I hope they can do well.

MKP won them the finals by winning 4 straight, BBoongBBoong and GhostKing got them past round of 4

GhostKing put in a lot of work in the group stage too

• Options
    Vari speaking of FFE PvT, did you know that its possible to hit a +3 armour 7gate timing off a forge fast expand that hits just before 10 mins? I saw a writeup about it on TL the other day.

I don't want to meet the man who faced that and lived.

"The zealots...they were in the treees man"

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I think it depends what they do from the fast forge. If they go for an upgrade heavy 2base all-in, it can be hard to hold that off a 3OC, but not impossible, and if they do literally anything else they'd have been better off with a gate expand.

yeah I haven't faced it yet... you still just have so many units.

6gate +1 or +2 armor I guess would be really really good, just haven't seen it yet against 3OC.

• Options

6gate +1 or +2 armor I guess would be really really good, just haven't seen it yet against 3OC.

I think the key to 3OC is to not try to get medivacs until you're mining actively from your third, and to focus on just bulking up huge rax unit count until then.

• Options

I think the key to 3OC is to not try to get medivacs until you're mining actively from your third, and to focus on just bulking up huge rax unit count until then.

I do 5 rax, gas stim, double engi bay w/up, add 2 reactors, then start the fac. I take the third then if it's safe. at some point I go to 7 rax.

the 3rd and 4th gas I get pretty fast but I couldn't say when specifically.

• Options

I do 5 rax, gas stim, double engi bay w/up, add 2 reactors, then start the fac. I take the third then if it's safe. at some point I go to 7 rax.

the 3rd and 4th gas I get pretty fast but I couldn't say when specifically.

I've been trying the 7rax before factory style that Artosis says the BW players have been doing, and its really good too.

• Options
    ok havent played terran since beta because i have self respect

want to try out mech on my friends account though

any decent mech guides around?

• Options
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=308972
    for MechvZ

I don't know any guides for MechvT.

• Options
    fun game already! that was so close

• Options
    edited May 2012
    that became way less fun :(

he probably figured that map for hero anyways.

edit - weirdest reaper ever................

Variable on
  • Options
    never be not making immortals

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    "The guy who makes only roaches and attacks at random times."

I love it.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    the matching ties are a little weird

hero is good at starcraft

• Options
    edited May 2012
    it's me, i am the big roach fan

Biosys on
  • Options
    learn korean still best thing about gsl

• Options
    edited May 2012
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=334375#1

this is a cool article about working in esports

i'm happy the myth about there somehow being tons of money in esports that's just hidden finally seems to be dispelled

Biosys on
  • Options
    Biosys wrote: »
    learn korean still best thing about gsl

maek bakwi

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular

i'm happy the myth about there somehow being tons of money in esports that's just hidden finally seems to be dispelled

Where do people think the money comes from?

I don't understand.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    jaziek wrote: »

I don't understand.

people generally underestimate the cost of actually operating an event, and overestimate the amount of money received from sponsors and advertisers

• Options
    edited May 2012

I don't understand.

people generally underestimate the cost of actually operating an event, and overestimate the amount of money received from sponsors and advertisers

ayup

it got kinda bad when the koreans started to buy into it, in a ton of interviews people (i think fxoboss may have written a blog post about this) said that the koreans thought the big players like huk, idra, stephano were making way more in salary than they actually were

which i guess is why so many koreans have left for foreign teams recently

and why some of them still haven't found one T.T

Biosys on
  • Options

I don't understand.

Sponsors, advertisers, and tickets.

Except there's no products to sell vidjagame nerds that they don't already aware of, people use Adblock, and refuse to pay for MLG.

• Options
    i think fnatic broke even for like the first time ever last year, dignitas and some of the other european teams also broke even or did slightly better i think

• Options

I don't understand.

Except there's no products to sell vidjagame nerds that they don't already aware of, people use Adblock, and refuse to pay for MLG.

People using adblock need to be stabbed in the throat.

Fuck you. You don't deserve to watch any Starcraft. You don't deserve to fucking breathe. Fuck you.

Sorry, I get angry at that.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    hurray it's this cool kinda-mech build

i remember nada doing this on cloud kingdom, and i think mma may have done it there too, it seemed to work pretty well, even vs chargelots and templars

Biosys on
  • Options

I don't understand.

People using adblock need to be stabbed in the throat.

Fuck you. You don't deserve to watch any Starcraft. You don't deserve to fucking breathe. Fuck you.

Sorry, I get angry at that.

My personal favorite is all the people who watched the first arena without paying because Chrome's incognito mode was buggy.

• Options
    supernova make bad series today

• Options
    nevermind, not the same build, i think nada tried to go for a timing off three bases rather than a two-base allin with scvs

although nada may have gone hellion instead of marine, can't remember

• Options
    all i can say is that people better enjoy how readily available free streams for stuff like dreamhack and IPL are

because that shit is gonna change someday

• Options
    hero countered it without even trying to counter it

waste of a series

This discussion has been closed.