As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Chat Thread: Patch 5.0 on August 28th! Change your passwords.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    I loved that they finished the Neptulon storyline. Nothing was left hanging and all loose ends were wrapped up.

LOL WAIT A MINUTE

Yeah I'm pretty much never gonna let that one go. Unless they're planning to bring that back for I dunno, the Azshara expansion or something. One can hope, right?

My understanding is that Metzen was rather...unhappy about the resolution when it was brought up in an interview.

Unfortunately the raid they were going to use for the wrapup got axed.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    He has a hologram of the conversation that he shows off to newly rolled trolls.
    Welp, that explains why I never saw or heard of it!

• UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    forty wrote: »
    Where does Vol'jin tell off Garrosh? Is that in a quest or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOGv5jyEBkI

UnknownSaint on
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    Oh, that whacky warchief and his foolish thirst for war.

And I vote Vol'jin or Saurfang for the next one.

• DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Speaking of faction leaders and unfinished plot lines:

Hey Blizzard, could you throw us a bone here and give us an update on (Western Plaguelands spoilers: )
    Koltira Deathweaver? I mean the dude gets pulled through a portal to the Undercity via flesh hook on a chain with Sylvanas talking about wanting to crush any remorse out of him. So... That was a thing. A thing I'd like to see a resolution to, other than it being another feather in the Sylvanas-is-a-bitch cap.

Dunxco on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Mark my words, it's going to be a book.

Because the only thing worse than a video game company using books to set up the plot of future games, is when they use games to set up the plot for future books.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    My mage is at level 69 and I do believe I am going to skip on to Northrend. Is there anything that is really not to miss in Outland? I went as far as Terokkar Forest and visited the other zones. I do have that one quest where you show the orphan the landmarks. That one it pretty neat. I will probably finish it off. I have also done a fair share of the Outland dungeons.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    My mage is at level 69 and I do believe I am going to skip on to Northrend. Is there anything that is really not to miss in Outland? I went as far as Terokkar Forest and visited the other zones. I do have that one quest where you show the orphan the landmarks. That one it pretty neat. I will probably finish it off. I have also done a fair share of the Outland dungeons.

With all the changes to leveling/experience, trying to actually quest and see everything in Outlands and Northrend is just weird now, you'll probably hit 70 in Terokkar, maybe even Zangar if you're running with full rested and heirlooms. If you really want to see things I'd say go back when you're 85 so you can really just blow through things. I can't think of the last time I leveled a character doing Outlands quests. Just pvp or instance 58-68 usually, even did 58-80 pvping/instancing on one character cause I was so burnt out on Northrend and Outland.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »

With all the changes to leveling/experience, trying to actually quest and see everything in Outlands and Northrend is just weird now, you'll probably hit 70 in Terokkar, maybe even Zangar if you're running with full rested and heirlooms. If you really want to see things I'd say go back when you're 85 so you can really just blow through things. I can't think of the last time I leveled a character doing Outlands quests. Just pvp or instance 58-68 usually, even did 58-80 pvping/instancing on one character cause I was so burnt out on Northrend and Outland.

Ok. I will jump over to Northrend and do some instancing and quests.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Y'know it just dawned on me, in that video, Hellscream makes a threat to Voljin too. Blizzard made a comment about the Hellscream situation that he does something pretty heinous, and really, it's not all that hard to imagine that he follows through and kills Voljin. It might lead to rebellion against him from the Horde. Lead most likely by Baine and Sylvanas, who kinda have enough reason of their own to go after him.

• darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    If Garrosh kills Vol'jin then fuck Blizzard, I'll be done w/ all Warcraft products. They already killed off the Lich King, who was their coolest character, if they do in their second coolest character then I'll stop caring.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The Lich King was such a pussy in game
    Deathwing was not as bad ass I had hoped
    So is the Seige of Org the pre mists event or?

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    siege of org is the final patch for mists

attack on theramore is the pre mists event

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I'm not going to worry about Vol'jin getting killed off unless I see the introduction of some random new Troll that has a speaking part. And no, the Troll druid in the plaguelands, as awesome as he is, does not count.

PSN Fleety2009
  • CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    speaking about lost warcraft lore, when will we ever see Kul Tiras? it seem to fall out of existnce.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    You guys certainly spent a lot time musing about something that already had an answer.

(It's been confirmed that Green Jesus is returning as Warchief)

YL9WnCY.png
    Boo hiss
    Thrall is a cop out

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Ok, I had to look this up, because I somehow missed it, but here's the quote:
    Gameplanet: Can you tell us a bit more about the upcoming raid on Orgrimmar?

Brack: Sure. We haven't designed very much of it right now, we just know we do want to have the recognition from the Horde and Alliance that we have to depose Garrosh as the leader of the Horde and reinstate Thrall as Warchief. I'm really excited about it from a player perspective, because I think if you're an Alliance player, the idea about doing a raid into the heart of your enemies capital is really satisfying, and deposing the enemy leader is super gratifying. On the Horde side, it's going to be super cool to have a raid in your own home town, and who doesn't want Thrall to be the leader of the Horde?

from: http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/games/175626.World-of-Warcraft-Mists-of-Pandaria/features/138733.20120319.Blizzards-J.-Allen-Brack-on-Mists-of-Pandaria/

• CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    As a hardcore horde player, i rather want org to burn to the ground then see thrall return as warcheif, i rather see the horde ruled by anyone else in lore, ANYONE BUT THRALL.

edited May 2012
    When did everyone stop loving Thrall?

edit: oh cool they've found a MoP CE mount in the files, no idea on what model it gets yet

815165 on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Thrall is just overused.

reVerse on
    indeed
    But then whomever will they have lead the horde next as someone out of the background will seem rather lame knowing thier skill at weaving a tale

815165 wrote: »
    When did everyone stop loving Thrall?

edit: oh cool they've found a MoP CE mount in the files, no idea on what model it gets yet

General answer I've seen is that people still love Thrall.

They hate Go'el.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I don't hate Thrall, I just hate the 'he's constantly the most awesome and coolest guy in the universe and he's the only one who can save the day' stories they always give him.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Yeah this is getting overboard.

They've overused Thrall, for sure; but he is still the character that actually created the Horde on Azeroth, saved the Orcs by taking them to Kalimdor and led a tenative peace with the Kalimdor alliance (Jaina) to allow the Horde to flourish there instead of immediately going to all out war with the Alliance and halting the growth of the Horde. The horde of WCIII/Vanilla couldn't have stood up to the Alliance if there had been all out war, it was through his leadership that they had the groups join and the territory taken, relatively bloodlessly, in order to be what it is now.

Thrall is/was a good leader. The whole orc-jesus thing in Cata was overboard; fine. But Garrosh is a terrible leader and even if there was no "corruption" for him to need to be taken out; he would need to be taken out anyway; both Vol'jin and Baine know it, and though Sylvanis doesn't care about the horde, she'd be on board with it too.

The underlying theme of MoP is about balance, and Garrosh needs to go to bring the "balance" back to the Horde; something Thrall had in the first place, and hopefully can bring back.

"olol it's world of warcraft not world of peacecraft". Since WCIII the "war" has never really been about horde vs alliance; it's been about the terrestrial races vs some outside force, be it demons, or undead, or old gods. MoP needed a war between horde and alliance to clean the palate to set up for the next xpack against another "big bad".

Putting thrall back on the throne just lends to that.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    They went through all this story bullshit about Thrall needing to let go of being the warchief so he could save the world as part of the Planeteers and bringing him back to being warchief just shows lack of forsight, how they seem to be changing their story to reflect popular demand, and it reverses Thrall's character growth by putting him back into a job he supposedly spiritually surpassed.

On the popular demand thing, it came off as a response to the Alliance are complaining about Theramore being sacked. I mean revealing the final boss all of the sudden after being super coy about it beforehand made it seem like they thought revealing it was going to let them go "see, look, it's even, no biases here!" I have no faith in their team to make any sense of why we end up going to attack him just like how in Cata we're provided with barely any reason to go do the Throne or Blackrock raids.

Really just show Theramore being attacked is pushing the horde to far into war and the internal politcs of the horde in action
    As there is the IDEAL of the horde and WHO leads the horde is what the problem is people will follow under the horde banner as long as it's worth it to them and the leadership doesn't make it really diffacult to do so
    Thrall coming back is really a cop out
    Show someone else has balls and feels they can lead the HORDE and not the ORCS alone into the unknown future with all the problems that are created by the past and current actions

Also the more of I think about the loose ends the more characters keep poping up

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    They went through all this story bullshit about Thrall needing to let go of being the warchief so he could save the world as part of the Planeteers and bringing him back to being warchief just shows lack of forsight, how they seem to be changing their story to reflect popular demand, and it reverses Thrall's character growth by putting him back into a job he supposedly spiritually surpassed.

On the popular demand thing, it came off as a response to the Alliance are complaining about Theramore being sacked. I mean revealing the final boss all of the sudden after being super coy about it beforehand made it seem like they thought revealing it was going to let them go "see, look, it's even, no biases here!" I have no faith in their team to make any sense of why we end up going to attack him just like how in Cata we're provided with barely any reason to go do the Throne or Blackrock raids.

I think you're wrong in your assumptions in your first statement.

They weren't trying to set up Thrall as warchief as something he grew out of or some nonsense; they were just saying that in order for him to transcend as a shaman he needed to put aside the warchief and humble himself.

Someone in a high position needing to be humbled by losing that position so they can "grow" and then retake their position better and stronger is about one of the oldest cliches there are.

That's all this is. It wasn't poor foresight; it was the obvious intention from the get-go. Anyone who thought Thrall was actually never going to be warchief again was either not paying attention or seriously deluding themselves. He was always meant to be the warchief, and nothing else.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    You guys certainly spent a lot time musing about something that already had an answer.

Med'an?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    There are quotes from Metzen where he stated we "would be getting Thrall back" long before we knew Theramore was getting sacked.

Though honestly, people were extremely upset at finding out Garrosh was going to become warchief even before Cata so...

Warlock82 wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Med'an?

Burn it down!

Here's a rant I've had saved up for a while.

Blizzard has spent two expansions saying how they want to "get people out into the world" and not just sitting around in capital cities. But then they do fucking stupid shit like continue to disallow you from doing quests while in a raid and not implementing some sort of global chat so that people might be able to do stuff out in the world while trying to find a raid or a group for old content, achievement runs, etc. When your mechanics leave people no choice but to sit in a capital spamming Trade if they want to do any sort of group content, then don't be surprised when people sit in the capitals not doing anything else.

It really feels like the people who work on this game don't actually play this game, at times.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    That was one good thing about EQ2: universal chats. Well that and cross faction groups and guilds on PvE servers. You were still at 'war' and couldn't enter certain cities based on your faction, but there was no arbitrary split of the player base for the majority of content.

The not being able to do most quests a raid has been there since vanilla.

They play a different verison of the game it seems to me

Brainleech wrote: »
    The not being able to do most quests a raid has been there since vanilla.
    Yeah, Vanilla was full of stupid shit that needs to be/was removed.

it isn't like it ever prevented people using raids to power level either

I still remember the video of the guy running around hellfire with a 40 man raid behind him killing mobs he tagged.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    So Blizzard is admitting their complete and total failure at making Thrall into a neutral hero, and so he's back to Horde leader?

They are now claiming that it was never their intention on leaving him as neutral, and that he was always going to come back.

I think it's fair to say they always intended him to come back, they've been setting up Garrosh for a fall since at least the pre-Wrath event and there are no other obvious contenders for Warchief.

This discussion has been closed.